np: RU Stage 1 - Welcome to the Jungle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except they'll use a second priority will-o-wisp.
It would have a hard time using WoW while feinted......

Send in Sandslash on (for example) Regirock. Swords Dance on switch to Sableye. Sableye uses Will-O-Wisp, Lum Berry is used, Sandslash uses +2 Earthquake. Dead Sableye.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for clarifying my post, Honko and Heysup :)

If I see a fighting type use foresight on the switch, i'm not going to leave my sableye in on a super effective Close combat/HJK/Drain Punch, I'd be switching it out straight away into a physical wall like claydol to tank the problem.
The fact that Sableye is unable to stay in on Hitmonchan / Hitmonlee makes the two fighting types effective Rapid Spinners. Claydol won't enjoy Iron Fist-boosted Ice Punch either way.

I see your point, and I am actually going to agree with it. My only problem is that i'm now running lum on something that would prefer either LO or lefties, depending on what it is, for a very situational event.

Entei is probably the best unintentional Sableye counter (unintentional meaning no actions taken to make it counter sableye better) because it's a physical attacker that basically is immune to both Will-O-Wisp and Taunt.

Entei does not take Foul Play at all well. If I remember correctly CB Entei is 2HKOd by it without any hazards, while no-boosting item Entei is 2HKOd by it with SR(I don't remember if spikes is enough).

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not gonna post this in the vote thread because it's not really an argument for keeping/banning Sableye, but it's something I'm just honestly curious about. Sableye can cripple Mamoswine or Tyranitar or even Groudon just as badly as it cripples Aggron and Durant. If Rock Polish Groudon switches in on Sableye, it loses, just like most of RU's physical attackers. For those who want to ban Sableye, do you think it's broken in higher tiers as well? Is priority Will-O-Wisp + Recover + Taunt simply uncompetitive, and Sableye is broken on principle? Or is it only broken in RU, perhaps because the higher tiers have a larger pool of special attackers that can force it out? (but then again, the higher tiers also have Chansey/Blissey as potential Sableye teammates to shut down those special attackers...)

Interesting thought but entirely removing its switch in power (due to Pokemon hitting so much harder) means it can only really come in on the revenge kill, and then it has to deal with the plethora of terrifying Guts and Flash Fire users. RU simply doesn't have those. (Chendelure, Arcanine, Heracross, etc).

Believe it or not, but Sableye actually is moderately decent in Ubers. I was playing around with terrible dream world sets back during the beginning of BW and shit and I ruined the days of a few Groudons and Rayquazas and stuff.

But still, things are a lot different in higher tiers. Sableye can live through a Sceptile's Leaf Blade down here and then fuck it over, but there is no Sableye that will ever be switching into a Haxorus Outrage or a Tyranitar Stone Edge. It's just not gonna happen. The levels of power are way too different. In RU and especially NU, the damn thing just doesn't care about basically any of the physical attackers. As you guys have said, you have to pound at it or wear Lum Berry to have a chance. It's all quite foolish, overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)