np: UU Suspect Test Round 2 - Cold As Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright time to get this show on the road. If you haven't seen them yet, here are the results from last round:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3564308&postcount=33
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3569474&postcount=33

The big skinny is that Drought and Kyurem were banned, SmashPass, Victini, Staraptor, and Mew got simple majorities and will automatically be suspect at the end of the round. Chansey and Wobb aren't really feeling the hate and fell just shy of simple majorities and will have to be nominated again if you feel they're still broken.

Rising Dusk is a real chap and updated the server so we can get going with this round. Three weeks was more than plenty of time and since there are four simple majorities waiting to be voted on, I'm not going to extend the round.

So the round will end July 2nd at 2:30 am est (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3632927&postcount=485)

The same voting upper and lower reqs voting system will apply: 1400 Upper Reqs, and 1350 Lower Reqs + Sentences

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So the round will end May 27th at 11:59 pm
I assume you mean June 27th.

But anyways, Hopefully with sun gone people will see Victini is broken without it. I would like to think that hesitations about that are the only reasons it was not already banned.

Edit: Ninja'd... twice.

*sees points*
*900 points from a previous attempt at laddering*

me: fuck. >_>

Anyway no more Vulpix and no more Kyurem. Espeon is also brought up to OU, so it's basically +Tornadus - Espeon/Kyurem/Vulpix.

This'll be cool.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jabba you idiot, I think you mean June.

lol thanks guys

p.s. I lied on that, I didn't realize the ratings were reset, so currently no firm end date until that happens.

*sees points*
*900 points from a previous attempt at laddering*

me: fuck. >_>

Anyway no more Vulpix and no more Kyurem. Espeon is also brought up to OU, so it's basically +Tornadus - Espeon/Kyurem/Vulpix.

This'll be cool.

Pretty sure the drop outs/move ups won't occur until after the third month of stats like last time?

Come on, guys. Chansey's way better than Mew and SmashPass at the very least <.<

I also like how the sentences system is actually exactly the same as the paragraph system except without the burden of the huge essay precedents that were set before. All because of a change in terminology...

Pretty sure the drop outs/move ups won't occur until after the third month of stats like last time?
I'm not really familiar with how voting and stuff worked, but I'm quite sure that we can't use Espeon, Kyurem and Vulpix during this month.(ok fine, you CAN use Vulpix, but what's the point?)

Hey Jabba,

Why do rating stats from OU effect what drops into our tier? We are still trying to fix our tier with suspect votes, and I could see stuff like tornados and latias dropping in and throwing off what is balanced or not.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wonder how Victini will fare with the banning of drought? In many peoples' opinions, what made Victini 'broken' at all was the fact that it was double boosted, and the nonexistence of other weather didn't help this case one bit. Choice Band V-Create is still Choice Band V-Create, though.

On the other hand, I am a bit surprised as to the simple majority Chansey received, seeing that fellow UU players genegerally wanted it out of their heads.

As to Mew, I am actually surprised that received a simple majority. Although until two weeks ago, I would never have considered smash passing to be ridic, until I ran into the same team 3 times and lost all 3 times despite having a phazer and a quagsire...Maybe I just didn't run into the ridic mew. I always saw it as unpredictable, but whatever his role is is done better by a different poke. The power was in the unpredictability.

Staraptor doesn't surprise me as only a simple majority (Wasn't reckless released after UU was created, or something like that).

Vicini also surprised me that it is still here, but that could be because voters who banned drought wants to see vicini without sun.

Chansey, I am disappointed you are still here. I guess I go back to 1 special attacker and 5 physical ones (since aside from slowbro, I don't think UU has any good physically defensive pokes, compared to sp. def).

Seriously though, with updating UU with usage. I could see it being funny if we agreed something like celebi is UU, only for usage in OU just to move Celebi out.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Perchance it requires a server/client/whatever the fuck you call it update? Try redownloading PO.
Bans are server-side, so I don't think downloading the client again would be productive. There was probably an issue with updating the scripts, I'm sure RD will get around to it soon.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I hope nobody is upset that only Kyurem and Drought got removed from the tier.

I had some thoughts that the other pokemon on the chopping block were broken, but aside from Kyurem, all of them can have their brokenness skewed by the presence of Drought. In fact, out of all of the suspects, only Kyurem was clearly hampered[/b] by Drought. The fact that it received a 100% consensus despite a weather condition that hampers it is a testament to how broken it was.

Looking forward to a new round with much more flexible teammates available! :)

breh

強いだね
technically Draco Meteor doesn't lose accuracy in the sun, but I digress

droughtless meta should be fun for testing stuff.

also, how does beat up work vs. chansey in this gen? is dugtrio still viable to kill it?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Let's do it right this time guys, ban the most retarded thing in UU (Chansey, not Folgorio).
Yeah people need to start realizing that the real enemy for this round is chansey, and we have to get it out of UU, it's quite OP with it's defenses combined with eviolite, can take many attacks without crying.

It won't be a bad round though, especially do to the ban of drought so that'll be fun so I don't have to worry about playing around that.

Chansey still has most of the same problems it had during Gen IV, and with the power creep, it really needed Eviolite to give it a boost. It's not broken at all.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Chansey didn't even receive a simple majority. It's kind of insulting that it's still being discussed.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Chansey didn't even receive a simple majority. It's kind of insulting that it's still being discussed.
Half of the voters thought it was imbalanced. How is it insulting that it's still up for discussion?

Anyway comrades, those of you who feel as I do should actually ladder this time and get voting rights. Here's a tip: don't use special attackers.

If Hippopotas stays, than Abomasnow stays. Staraptor has to go, it's a beast with Reckless. Chansey has to go too, it's way too bulky. Victini also has to go, base 100 all across the board and a base 180 stab attack? Too powerful. Celebi should get the boot too as it has many powerful options to use. Mew with it's ability to learn everything should get the boot too. As for SmashPassing, it has an interesting niche in this generation and I have nothing to say about it. If it's banned, it's banned and I don't care (although I'm still disappointed Huntail didn't get an OU analysis).

Meru

ate them up
Err... Kyurem isn't hampered by Drought at all, if anything it's BOOSTED because it can shut steels down with a 100% accurate HP Fire instead of Focus Blast.

Blizzard isn't necessary on Kyurem, since Ice Beam and Draco Meteor are already more than enough to deal with any non-steel type in the game.
I meant hampered in the sense of easily being outsped and being very susceptible to spamming Fire attacks. And nobody ran HP Fire with Empoleon being the #1 used steel type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)