Resource NU Bazaar (Now Accepting SM NU Alpha Teams!)

Beheeyem @ Mind Plate
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 216 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Flame Charge

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

wanted to build a cool team around beheeyem, a really underrated wallbreaker in the tier. Legit nukes so much shit with analytic lmao. Mdino is a good partner, being able to come in on most of the dark types and scare them out with ease, heal bell is mainly for mushy don and mortar because fuck burn para and toxic, it's also a nice physical catch-all. Next came Rhydon because I was kinda weak to fires n shit, creeped for other base 40s n stuff, SD Rocks because I have 3 mons that beat Standard Dol 9/10 times. Poliwrath+Mag is a solid offensive core I love using because they're amazing and checking grasses and waters respectively, poli being able to beat every water but opposing poli and lanturn 10/10 times. Musharna rounds out the team with a solid fighting check and secondary wincon in most cases, pretty standard shit there. Oh yeah, Mag+Dino synergizes well because wish passing.

Problems I can see are hazard stack and really fast teams, because I rely on Flame Charge mortar to outspeed anything faster than 242 speed

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

What Am I? (Mesprit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

#BuffedBert (Sawk) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Little Tinker' (Skuntank) (F) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog

The Horn (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

#LegalizeMe (Vileplume) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Moonlight
- Hidden Power [Fire]

CRAZY ASS BURD (Archeops)
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

This is a team made around SubCM Mesprit, a set first suggested to me by LucianVega (That is his PS name). It is actually a really nice set, being able to absorb Toxics and TWaves and potentially sweep an unsuspecting team. Choice Band Sawk was added because Sawk is broken of course and to check Dark types. (And hit hard as fuck.) Skuntank was added to complete the core of Mesprit + Sawk + Skunk and to provide Defog support and counter Psychics and Ghosts, as well as be a great lure. Rhydon was added because it is basically the PDon of NU, being extemely splashable and being able to make almost any team better, because it walls so much stuff and Stealth Rock is always helpful. Megahorn is used so Malamar can't set up on Don. Vileplume may stack types, but a Fighting check is always nice and I needed a Water and Grass check, so Plume fits the bill. By now, the team needed speed that could outpace a lot of stuff, and it also needed something to stop setup, so Taunt Roost Archeops was a perfect fit, hitting hard, while also stopping setup and status moves. Overall, I really like this team as it uses a really underrated threat in SubCM Mesprit, while also having backup to clean up other teams, like Sawk and Archeops. Enjoy! ;)

Threatlist:
Ground types: Vileplume is neutral hit by these, so it can only switch in like once. Mesprit has Levitate though, but stuff like Rhydon are still threats.

Malamar: Fuck this thing lol, Signal Beam and Megahorn destroy it, but it still can do work against the team.

Fighting types: I have Plume and Mesprit, but they still can do a number to the team.

I hope you like the team! =)

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Musharna @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam

Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Protect

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Recover
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Defog

Stall is making a comeback at the moment with the new drops Altaria and Steelix, so I thought I'd post my moderately effective stall team before it goes the way of the dinosaurs. Mega Audino is fat enough to take all the special hits and provides great cleric support for the team. Musharna is a good response to physical attackers, a good win-condition against most offensive teams, and can Baton Pass its boosts to Audino to make it even more unbeatable, or Quagsire to trump opposing Calm Mind users. Quagsire is my general response to setup sweepers since I lack a Haze user (probably something that would be more effective overall...) and is a great physical wall in general so long as you're not trying to stop Guts Ursaring or something. Protect is there over Earthquake to help Toxic stall opponents since half the team runs the move. Weezing is a fantastic anti-meta mon at the moment that is my general response to Poison and Steel types, Burning those that can't be hit by stalled by Toxic and hitting Steels super-effectively with Flamethrower. I used to run Toxic Spikes but more often than not that actually screws you up against opposing defensive threats if you can only get one layer down. Cradily is basically my counter to Vivillon and Lilligant since Sleep + Quiver Dance is super annoying; it also sets up Stealth Rocks for the team. Finally Skuntank gives me a way of getting past most Xatu sets, dealing with Jynx once something else is slept, and provides hazard control with Defog. It's not a great user of the move without the special lure set but on a stall team the loss of momentum isn't that bad. It also absorbs Toxic Spikes which can be super annoying otherwise. Thanks LucianVega!

Biggest threats are probably me not being a very good player.

Last edited:

8 more than 92 (Sceptile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

my funeral (Crustle) @ Red Card
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

fake shit (Rotom) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

the competition (Xatu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 232 HP / 100 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Signal Beam

the craziest (Magmortar) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

one hundred (Shiftry) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Explosion / Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off
I'm gonna start off by saying this team isn't perfect but it's alot of fun to use. I wanted to use a spike stacking team while using Sceptile because Sceptile's speed makes it a great end-game cleaner. I chose Crustle as my hazard setter because I wanted a suicide hazard lead. I valued a lead with spikes more than taunt because spikes wear mons down alot faster for sceptile in the end-game. Spikes are also good for wearing down Hariyama which can get alot of switch ins from Magmortar. I went with the special Sceptile set because I wanted immediate power, SD Sceptile really lacks power without a boost. I wanted something that can check bulky boosters like Audino, Malamar and Musharna since Sceptile struggles to break them. I went with CM Xatu with Signal Beam to check Audino and Malamar, and I went with Shiftry to check Musharna. On Shiftry I had trouble deciding if I wanted Explosion or Swords Dance because Swords Dance is useful for sweeping and Explosion is useful for blocking defog and busting bulky poisons which Sceptile kind of struggles with. Rotom was added for a Steelix check and a spin blocker. I put Signal Beam on Rotom to bop Shiftrys that try to defog, and Colbur berry gives me assurance in case Shiftry Sucker Punches, it's also good for Steelix that run Crunch. Steelix can be the only thing preventing Xatu from winning in many games so I usually focus on widdling it if I can. If the opponent leads Steelix while I lead Crustle I usually Knock Off first so I can start widdling it. AV Magmortar is just a great mon in this meta because Steelix-Mantine cores are getting really popular. AV Magmortar gives me a Will-O-Wisp switch in, unlike Xatu it doesn't die to ghost coverage. I chose to use Flame Charge because I figured the speed boost would be good with spikes. I named this team 100 cuz u go 0 to 100 nigga real quick.

I've been laddering with this a decent amount and its been really fun and fairly successful, so I figured I'd post it here.

I started this team with Ludicolo, who can tear through the gay offense thats been running around to handle Sceptile and take advantage of how common Steelix and Lanturn are, which Ludi absolutely trashes. Next, I decided that Ferroseed would be an amazing partner for its ability to set Spikes to help Ludi clean, as well as counter Kangaskhan, who is all most offensive teams have to counteract rain, so it pmuch is designed to give Ludicolo optimal chance to sweep. Obligatory Mesprit sets rocks, checks Fighting-types, and provides Healing Wish support to bring back a weakened Ludi/Rhydon/Sawk; you already know what this does, dunno why I'm explaining it. DoubleDance Rhydon was chosen as a secondary wincon, Flying-, Fire- and Electric-types, and general wallbreaker to blast past stuff like MegaDino. Sawk is just a horrifying wallbreaker whos main role to clean the path for Ludi or Rhydon to sweep late-game- or to sweep itself, cause y'know, its Sawk. Skuntank is a perfect fit for the last slot, checking Psychics, Rotom, MegaDino, Lilligant and Musharna, which otherwise trash the team. Here's an importable!

ABOUT YOU (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

TIED2YOU (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

LOVECLOUD (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

LSD DREAM THEATRE (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

LUV U GIRL (Sawk) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

NEVER LEAVE (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Biggest threats to the team are easily Malamar and Rotom, but they can be played around or you can do Signal Beam on Mesprit.

sorry if this is sloppy im just super tired and wanted to post this team

Steelix @ Passho Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall

Sawk @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Banette @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Shadow Claw

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse

I wanted to build around banette because it looked cool, 115 base attack is pretty decent and after testing with this team a bit I can confirm it's pretty good when used correctly. Band Sawk is a great partner since it anihilates every single banette check (rhydon, steelix and skunk) and also works as a fantastic wallbreaker to put your opponent's team in priority range, since as you may have noticed, this team is a spam of powerful attacks with priority to check the lack of speed control. Moving on, I added steelix as a normal check and as a shell smasher check, as much as I hate steelix, I gotta admit that it's disgustingly good in this metagame. Scyther was added next as fighting type check that can gain momentum and give sawk free switch-ins. With scyther on the team I need hazard control, I opted for kabutops as it gives me a way to revenge kill ddance rhydon and do a lot of damage with adamant lo attacks, pretty decent spinner in this new metagame. The last member can be either sceptile or cacturne, but I opted for cacturne because I don't want to get 6-0'd by bulky will-o-wisp users, even though cacturne can't take a hit from most will-o users, it can hit hard and make the threat a lot easier to deal with.

I won a lot of room tours with this team and got to a nice place on the ladder so I think it's not bad at all n_n

If you're going to rate it keep in mind that this is offense, so it doesn't need switch-ins for everything, but instead the capacity to keep pressuring your opponent with offensive synergy.

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Mantine @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Scald
- Air Slash

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 120 Atk / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Here is a team I had fun both building and playing. Steelix is my rock setter and normal/flying type check, as well as mush and mega audino check (have to scout for fire blast though). Mantine pairs well with steelix as it resists fire- and is immune to both water- and ground-type attacks. Usually i dislike mantine, but this set is so fun (Can-Eh-Dian suggested it somewhere on the forum) and beats a good portion of passive mons found in nu such as weezing and pelipper (and curse sliggoo if you flinch it enough times). Rotom helps break balance cores and generates momentum and hariyama is the default special sponge. Sceptile and combusken often times clean late game.

The team has trouble with hazard stacking as well as Malamar which sets up on majority of the team. Usually i just sack a mon trying to lower its health to the point where leaf storm or hex kill. Maybe i should try fitting xatu somewhere, but i'm not really sure where. Tbh, the team also seems to lack the power to break through stuff mantine can't.

Overall, i think it's a decent team (also fun as hell) but certainly has room for improvement.
I'd really like to hear some suggestions or opinions, but either way i encourage you to try it.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Sliggod (Sliggoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Sawk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

I started the team off with Sliggod mainly because I wanted to test out the Curse set which is supposedly better than the AoA set that I was using before. I figured that Sliggod needed all fairies removed as it can only attack with Outrage removed as well as some Stealth Rock support so Steelix seemed like a perfect choice helping to remove Mega Audino and Mawile as well as set up my hazards. At the moment, I had not tested this set so I really didn't know what else might stop so I just went ahead and added Sawk as it pressures a lot of teams in general with its Choice Band set. So far my team was looking like it could get massacred by Spikes + Setup like and i wanted a secondary flying check to relieve to pressure off Steelix so I added Kabutops. it also added a nice water STAB. Originally I had Combusken in this slot but then i tried out Pyroar and it performed this role much better. basically just a fast special pressence that helped to deal with Vivillon, Klinklang and many other pokemon. This last one was kind of just a toss up but I wanted a reliable pivot for water types other than Sliggoo and something to help me deal with Malamar slightly. I went with offensive Vileplume with Moonblast (who obviously isn't the best check to Malamar).

Sliggod (Sliggoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Steelix @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Sawk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

I started the team off with Sliggod mainly because I wanted to test out the Curse set which is supposedly better than the AoA set that I was using before. I figured that Sliggod needed all fairies removed as it can only attack with Outrage removed as well as some Stealth Rock support so Steelix seemed like a perfect choice helping to remove Mega Audino and Mawile as well as set up my hazards. At the moment, I had not tested this set so I really didn't know what else might stop so I just went ahead and added Sawk as it pressures a lot of teams in general with its Choice Band set. So far my team was looking like it could get massacred by Spikes + Setup like and i wanted a secondary flying check to relieve to pressure off Steelix so I added Kabutops. it also added a nice water STAB. Originally I had Combusken in this slot but then i tried out Pyroar and it performed this role much better. basically just a fast special pressence that helped to deal with Vivillon, Klinklang and many other pokemon. This last one was kind of just a toss up but I wanted a reliable pivot for water types other than Sliggoo and something to help me deal with Malamar slightly. I went with offensive Vileplume with Moonblast (who obviously isn't the best check to Malamar).
too tired to rate effectively but i just gotta be honest and say thst this team should really get some serious revamping considering its incredibly weak to far too many threats, namely sawk, ice types, and weezing, and i frankly think that this team has far too many crippling defensive holes for an effective balance team.

e: in the morning ill make a more detailed rate but you should consider hariyama>sawk and mantine>kabutops, alongside changing vileplume to defensive with worry seed>moonblast for malamar in the meanwhile, ill write up explanations tmrw :3c

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Barbaracle Bulky Offense

So I wanted to make a team around Barabaracle, who is an absolute monster sweeper right now with Shell Smash, it's cool STAB coverage, and the ability to outspeed Sceptile after a Shell Smash. Sceptile is a cool partner, as Barbaracle can switch in and set up on a lot of Sceptile's switchins, like Flying and Fire types. Magmortar adds a nice wallbreaker so Barb or Sceptile can clean up easier, and also can switch in on some Grass types. Hariyama is a great blanket check to a lot of threats, like Fire and Ice types, and can also revenge kill threats with it's priority. Steelix deals with Fairy types for Yama, and also sets up Rocks and walls Rock, Steel, Electric, and Flying types as well. I needed a good Fighting check now, so I added defensive Mesprit to add U-Turn momentum, TWave shenanigans to help the team's slower members, and Energy Ball in the last slot to snipe Ground and Water types. Malamar could be a problem for the team, as without Signal Beam, Mesprit can't do anything other than U-Turn, but with the offensive pressure this team provides, it can be defeated. Status can be a problem as well, especially burns, as Yama has Thick Fat over Guts so it can't switch in, and Barb isn't holding Lum Berry. But overall, this is a really cool (and really standard-looking) team around Barbaracle that's gotten me lots of wins, and I hope you like it!

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Return
- Razor Shell

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Steelix @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Energy Ball

upload_2016-1-16_16-52-44.png
upload_2016-1-16_16-56-9.png
upload_2016-1-16_16-54-58.png
upload_2016-1-16_16-55-12.png
upload_2016-1-16_16-55-57.png
upload_2016-1-16_16-55-42.png

Kanga Spikes + Curse Sliggoo

So if I could get some feedback/criticism on this team I would appreciate it as I sort of created a strange KangaSpikes Balance team that started out as a team around Curse Sliggoo, since I have heard alot of people hyping it as an amazing fire/water/sceptile check and a nice win con if mega audino is gone. I looked for a good defensive core with SligGoo and Steelix fit perfectly. Steelix can sponge a ton of physical hits and Knock offs aimed at Sliggoo could switch into Mega Audino who completely shuts down sliggoo barring PP stalling a cleric Mega Dino. In return, SligGoo sponges fire/water and special attacks aimed at Lix. I also provides a cool win con thats not really prepared for and Mega Dino has dropped in usage with Steelix being everywhere (although lure mega dino could be an issue). This is where I feel the team got a little weird with looking like a balance team but also turned into KangaSpikes further down the building process. I wanted Garbodor as a Fighting check since my defensive core was weak to it and another Knock off sponge for Sliggoo. Also Toxic Spikes seemed nice for SLigoo 1v1ing other Setup/bulky mons. Garbodor is holding Focus blast to heavily dent Lix which threatened SLigoo sweep. The speed is for Modest Aurorus. At this point I needed an Ice Resist since Ice murdered my team so far but I didnt want to throw on Yama since Sligoo already sponged most hits that Yama would other than Ice. So I decided to throw on AV Kanga who is surprising bulky but sacrifices speed. This is where I decided to go with a KangaSpikes approach. To complete the theme I through on Bulky Rotom to block Spins and is just so good i nthis meta. I decided to try the SubDischarge set to widdle down bulky mons with Sub + Toxic Spikes and actually threatened Fire Types/Sceptile while behind a sub by threatening them with a Discharge para. Finally I wanted a speedy mon who could double as a wallbreaker. I went with LO Dual Stab Sceptile who can clean or wallbreak depending on the situation. This does make me weak to Abomasnow but I feel I can pivot around it and wear it down easily.

Feedback and criticism is appreciated!

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Outrage
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

Kangaskhan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 88 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hex
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear

Tauros @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Toxic

Gonna share a team here I've had some decent success with! I wanted to build with Primeape cause it's super cool so I did that. From there I put on sub magnet rise Klinklang to set up on bulky Psychic-types, lure Steelix, and I guess Scyther too in case I wasn't feeling edge when U-turning out of Ape. Then I slapped on a scarfmon my good buddy Kiyo had been talking about, Tauros, because I had a cool Steelix lure on the team and it outpaces other scarfers even with Adamant. I needed a fighting resist and a Steelix check was probably a good idea so I went with Peli. After that I found I was really weak to Magmortar, so instead of running a Pokemon that checks it defensively, I decided to run one that just lures and cripples it. After that, I wanted a Water check and a mon that wasn't pressured to hell and back by hextom, so Cradily fit very well.

The team ended up very balanced and well rounded overall. The only complaints I have are that Weezing and Focus Blast Magmortar are a little frustrating, but it's an otherwise fine build :toast:

Luck O' the Irish

banned in dc
is a Tiering Contributor

Samurott @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Drain Punch

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hex
- Volt Switch

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Roost

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Moonblast

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

So here's a semistall-ish team that's done pretty well for me. I've used it on the ladder a decent amount and even 2 NU league playoff games, going something like 30ish-2 overall. More importantly, I really enjoy using it and it's one of the better defensive builds I've made.

This team started with me wanting to use Rindo Berry SD Samurott; as much as i love SD Kabutops, Samurott's ability to run resist berries and tank hits better made it a better choice for a bulkier team like this. Rindo Berry is pretty neat since it's really risky to assume a samurott isn't Lum if it hasn't revealed otherwise, and gets a ton of surprise kills off on Lilligant and Ludicolo, thinking they have a free Giga Drain. Swords dance is useful to threaten opposing slow teams that run shit like wishtect audino and it can potentially wincon late game, but I like it's ability to work more as a pivot for this team. Priority in Aqua Jet helps take down various sweepers and offensive threats, most notably Rhydon, which is also nice.
I added Garbodor and Rotom to start as a hazard stack core in order to support rott sweeping, and they both serve as solid physical blanket checks. Rotom is amazing right now, and makes a really nice core with Garb, with Rotom beating most Ground-types (people only use steelix lol) and Garb able to come in on Knock Off. Rotom also beats most spinners and can threaten common defoggers with Electric-type attacks.
The obligatory Xatu on defensive builds came next. At this point, I had actually chosen all 6 mons on the team and I just had to choose which set to run. At the time I was trying Knock Off on Samurott instead of Megahorn because of Mantine and Pelipper, and needed a Malamar check as well as better a way to beat Cro-Dino and Steelix. Thus, cm helmet Xatu was the choice, with Signal Beam as my coverage move. Non-Colbur Xatu works out ok because I already have 2 Fighting checks. Honestly, now that I look at it, Heat Wave might be better instead of Signal Beam, but I haven't really missed it that much since helmet wears Steelix down fairly well. Also, this set beats physical Skuntank, which I still think is really funny.
Clefairy and Hariyama round off the team, giving me Stealth Rock and a core that blanket checks most special attackers in the tier. The hariyama set is standard as fuck but it gets the job done, and dual priority is useful in dealing with offensive threats I have a harder time switching into. 100 speed is kind of an arbitrary number I just threw on since I'm not sure what exactly I should be outrunning with yama, but not running speed creep on yama is bad imo. Clefairy is honestly a really solid mon and a lot better than I thought it would be, it doesn't fucking die lol. Set is standard, but I'm using Knock Off over Twave since knocking off leftovers from things like steelix on the switch and stuff like boosting items such as choice specs from wallbreakers is pretty nice and can make things a lot easier to switch into. I haven't really missed twave yet, although i can definitely see its uses even on this team

Overall, this is a team that really benefits from the state of the meta. I can't say I'd recommend running Xatu as a fat team's only means of hazard control, but thanks to people using Steelix as their rocker like 19/20 times and defensive garbodor as their spiker, it works out ok. If worst comes to worst, the team isn't that weak to Stealth Rock and Garbodor can soak up Toxic Spikes. CM Xatu is a pretty effective wincon I've seen a good number of other people catching onto, while SD Samurott still does work and it gives this team various ways to win. Often times, I can save a sweeper in the back (or just play them both midgame) and wear down the opposing team with hazards and powerful hits from Hariyama. This team can have difficulty with certain mons but luckily most of them aren't very common; for example, Guts Normal-types are a massive pain in the ass to face since best case scenario I'm foddering garbodor, but luckily, thanks to Steelix being everywhere, they're not super good or common.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy :)

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightningrod
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Earthquake

Mantine @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Defog

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
I wanted to make a balanced team with Abomasnow because I haven't been seeing an awful lot of it on the ladder despite its obvious strengths. While Abomasnow also has considerable weaknesses, these can be built around with good teammates and strong cores, and Abomasnow has put in a consistently good amount of work for me. The aim of this team is to use powerful special attackers to blow holes in the opponent's team so that Double Dance Rhydon can sweep, and Abomasnow certainly helps to achieve this, forming a good offensive core due to its resistances to Grass- and Water-type attacks, while also being able to deal with most resistors of EdgeQuake with its STAB Ice-type attacks. I chose to omit Earthquake on Abomasnow as most of the team deals with Fire-types well and Giga Drain is a nice option for hitting mons like Quagsire without killing itself, as well as getting some clutch recovery in general and being a strong attack vs physically defensive rock types like Regirock. Weezing is a good partner for the core, providing status support and wearing down defensive mons with Taunt while also being a good response to the Fighting-types that threaten Abomasnow + Rhydon. AV Magmortar and Specs Mantine create a FWG core and provide some bulk against special attackers while still helping to wallbreak for Rhydon and providing good defensive synergy. I should probably use defensive Mantine so I can Defog more reliably, but Specs Mantine is so fun and catches people off guard consistently enough to be worth it. Finally Mesprit fills in the gaps by providing SR, using Healing Wish to revive Abomasnow after it kills itself with recoil or to give Rhydon another chance at sweeping, and checking Malamar with U-turn. Feel free to provide feedback as I know some of these sets are sub-optimal and I don't really have any particularly good Speed control on this team.

Last edited:

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightningrod
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Earthquake

Mantine @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Defog

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
I wanted to make a balanced team with Abomasnow because I haven't been seeing an awful lot of it on the ladder despite its obvious strengths. While Abomasnow also has considerable weaknesses, these can be built around with good teammates and strong cores, and Abomasnow has put in a consistently good amount of work for me. The aim of this team is to use powerful special attackers to blow holes in the opponent's team so that Double Dance Rhydon can sweep, and Abomasnow certainly helps to achieve this, forming a good offensive core due to its resistances to Grass- and Water-type attacks, while also being able to deal with most resistors of EdgeQuake with its STAB Ice-type attacks. I chose to omit Earthquake on Abomasnow as most of the team deals with Fire-types well and Giga Drain is a nice option for hitting mons like Quagsire without killing itself, as well as getting some clutch recovery in general and being a strong attack vs physically defensive rock types like Regirock. Weezing is a good partner for the core, providing status support and wearing down defensive mons with Taunt while also being a good response to the Fighting-types that threaten Abomasnow + Rhydon. AV Magmortar and Specs Mantine create a FWG core and provide some bulk against special attackers while still helping to wallbreak for Rhydon and providing good defensive synergy. I should probably use defensive Mantine so I can Defog more reliably, but Specs Mantine is so fun and catches people off guard consistently enough to be worth it. Finally Mesprit fills in the gaps by providing SR, using Healing Wish to revive Abomasnow after it kills itself with recoil or to give Rhydon another chance at sweeping, and checking Malamar with U-turn. Feel free to provide feedback as I know some of these sets are sub-optimal and I don't really have any particularly good Speed control on this team.
Cool team man the Specs Defog Mantine reminds me of when Kiyo was hyping specs Lumineon last summer. Perhaps you could run a bit more speed on Mag and run Flame charge over EQ since Lanturn invites in Aboma anyways and run enough speed to outspeed Sceptile after a charge .However ,the lack of a good revenge killer seems troublesome since you have a ton of powerhouses who are all middling speed.

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Scarf Barbaracle&Beheeyem Bulky Offense

This is bulky offensive team I made in about 5 minutes,got rank 3# on ladder so far and won few room tours but I didnt want to do Rmt because i didnt think its best team around by any means, its a bit slow but i think Barbaracle somehow makes up for that speed a bit.Team started with Barbaracle and i really wanted to try scarf variant, to check ice/fire pokemon for core since they probably wont assume its scarfed, Barb has pretty decent bulk which allows it to take multiple resisted hits during battle and hit back, which is why i decided to go with scarf, Vileplume is here to check everything that Barbaracle doesnt like and hit hard back, since its spatk is high even when uninvested, Magmortar checks everything that these 2 dont like and hits hard back as well,I decided to do some speed creep on magmortar to take on other magmortars with EQ and Hp grass is here over other coverage not to let things like Rhydon/barb setup.After this core, I needed a punch in team, so I put my favourite wallbreaker rn as Beheeyem, which allows me to break balance cores with hariyama in it,as well as destroying fat slow teams.Steelix is standard stealth rocker, checking many physical things for core as well as psychic types, and Xatu is my *hazard control* and another fighting check as well as being good vs stall,Rocky helmet is here to annoy steelix, since i dont want to run heat wave on this set, and it turned out to be pretty good item in general,since my knock off switchin is vileplume here, you can also change up xatu set depending on how you like.

Importable:
Barbaracle @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Synthesis

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind/Thunder Wave/Grass Knot
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Roost

Last edited:

Scarf Barbaracle&Beheeyem Bulky Offense

This is bulky offensive team I made in about 5 minutes,got rank 3# on ladder so far and won few room tours but I didnt want to do Rmt because i didnt think its best team around by any means, its a bit slow but i think Barbaracle somehow makes up for that speed a bit.Team started with Barbaracle and i really wanted to try scarf variant, to check ice/fire pokemon for core since they probably wont assume its scarfed, Barb has pretty decent bulk which allows it to take multiple resisted hits during battle which is why i decided to go with scarf, Vileplume is here to check everything that Barbaracle doesnt like and hit hard back, since its spatk is high even when uninvested, Magmortar checks everything that these 2 dont like and hits hard back as well,I decided to do some speed creep on magmortar to take on other magmortars with EQ and Hp grass is here over other coverage not to let things like Rhydon/barb setup.After this core, I needed a punch in team, so I put my favourite wallbreaker rn as Beheeyem, which allows me to break balance cores with hariyama in it,as well as destroying fat slow teams.Steelix is standard stealth rocker, checking many physical things for core as well as psychic types, and Xatu is my *hazard control* and another fighting check as well as being good vs stall,Rocky helmet is here to annoy steelix, since i dont want to run heat wave on this set, and it turned out to be pretty good item in general,since my knock off switchin is vileplume here, you can also change up xatu set depending on how you like.

Importable:
Barbaracle @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Synthesis

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind/Thunder Wave/Grass Knot
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Roost
Cool team man I wonder if slashing Uturn on Xatu to pivot into Alien would be neat but I guess CM is good to break fat shit if Alien or Mag can't like super defensive teams

Sawk @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Omastar @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Endeavor

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dynamic Punch

I wanted to test both of the new drops on the same team since they share decent synergy. I went with the choice specs charizard variant since it easily punches holes in anything that isn't a dedicated check/counter. It does have problems with bulky water and bulky rock type pokemon, which is why I decided to pair it with choice band sturdy sawk. Like charizard, sawk is another mon that doesn't have too many checks/counters. It's also just as capable of ripping through teams as charizard is. I felt a hazard remover was necessary since I wanted to preserve sawk's sturdy and also remove stealth rock for charizard; I also needed a dark-type to get rid of sawk's checks, shiftry is the best offensive hazard removal option in the tier so it fit perfectly. Shiftry also threatens most hazard setters so that's a huge plus. A hazard setter of my own was necessary so golurk was thrown in since it's pretty bulky and more than capable of reliably setting hazards while keeping up offensive pressure. The colbur berry is self explanatory and is very useful for it on an offensive team such as this one. The last slot was pretty flexible, I wanted to be able to put a choice scarfer here but I felt the team could play around faster mon's, plus potentially having 3 mon's locked into 1 move wasn't a formula for success. I decided to add LO Substitute + Endeavor Tauros in the last slot. Despite the offensive nature of the team it was difficult to break down a few choice mon's like CM Mega Audino, Quagsire, and Cradily. Endeavor neuters all of the aforementioned mon's. Omastar wasn't the last mon chosen but it should be the end game option, bring it in on something that can't do much to it, but only after things like gurdurr and hitmonchan are gone since omastar doesn't want to eat a mach punch. Hidden Power [Electric] is for pelipper/mantine. Shell Smash is a hack and late-game after your opponents team is ripped by charizard + sawk there isn't much your opponent can do to stop omastar from setting up. It's a pretty fun team that does well against anything in my opinion.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor

Shell Smash Omastar Semi Stall
This is a cool bulky offense team I've made and it turned to be very solid. The team started with shell smash omastar since it looked like a good sweeper and late game cleaner. I needed a nice grass resist and electric resist that could be rotom so I added roselia since it does that roll and can also set up spikes which is always nice. Next I saw a big fighting weakness so I decided to go with pelliper since its a great fighting resist and it provides defog to have hazard removal, I picked hurricane over u-turn so vileplume wouldn't be a big problem. I wanted a ice resist and a magmortar counter since those were 2 huge threats to the team so I decided to go for the standard Hariyama since it did that role. Next I needed a rocker, speed control and also a charizard counter so I added regirock since it did all these things. For last I wanted to stop hazard removal and also a musharna check so mismagius was a great option being able to spinblock and able to taunt musharna, It also provides a soft fighting check. The team is really solid tho it kinda struggles with mantines. I hope you guys have fun with it.
Omastar @ White Herb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
- Spikes

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 Atk / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hex
- Taunt

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I decided to add LO Substitute + Endeavor Tauros in the last slot. Despite the offensive nature of the team it was difficult to break down a few choice mon's like CM Mega Audino, Quagsire, and Cradily. Endeavor neuters all of the aforementioned mon's.
You might want to change your moveset up a bit as you can kill yourself with recoil from life orb if you're to low on endeavor. Instead of potentially crippling 2 mons you're only able to cripple 1 and wish audino can LO stall you out if played properly. Something like silk scarf return could work without sacrificing to much power and potentially return over rock climb, unless you dont want to reveal that you're a different set other than standard tauros.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader

SubSeed Aboma Hail Stall:
This is a pretty fun team hail stall team I made before the Zard/Oma drops, which I had a great time using. I went with a relatively underrated and faded set in SubSeed Aboma, which works surprisingly well in conjunction with Toxic Spikes and residual Hail damage. Next, I went with a pretty strange set in Physically defensive Thick Fat Walrein, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it was able to take hits on both sides of the spectrum. With Substitute, Protect and Toxic, Walrein is able to wear down things extremely quickly. I decided to go with Clefairy next, as it gave me rocks, a decent wincon, and a fighting type check all in one slot, whilst also having an immunity to status and hail damage from Aboma. Next, I went with Mismagius to give the team some sort of speed, as well as acting as an amazing stallbreaker + secondary fighting check + Hazard preventor with taunt. Additionally, Garbodor is my third fighting check (cant get enough of them tbh) and provides spike support which is incredibly useful on this team. The last member of the team is Gurdurr, which acts as glue for the team, breaks through annoying things that Clefairy cant, and also acts as a nice status absorber + priority user. I've had some great success with this team, however one thing to note is that the lack of hazard removal can be annoying.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Walrein @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Blizzard

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

oscar (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

all chest no legs (Sawk) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Poison Jab

nicki (Jynx) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

Charizard @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

I do not want to get reqs anymore so I'm going to post this here hoping it makes it easier for you to achieve reqs if that's what you want. If not, then enjoy using it for fun. I'm in love with charizard so of course it had to be on the team. It would be a choice specs set but the flexibility that the life orb rewards makes it easier to maintain momentum. Defensive Mesprit + Garbodor is really good right now. Mesprit has enough bulk to take enough damage to set up hazards more than once + maim or KO things like Kabutops, Weezing, or Omastar. U-turn is nice and eases prediction, plus it's less likely to be trapped with u-turn. The colbur berry just makes its life easier if its necessary to take on a dark type or something dangerous with a dark coverage move. Garbodor is self explanatory it just sets up hazards. The hazard core makes it easier for charizard to beat bulky things like Mega Audino and Lanturn, plus it helps clean things up at the end of the game. Sawk was next since having it on your team really limits what your opponent can/will do. It can also abuse hazard support with charizard. Jynx was next since I wanted something to open things up early game. I chose to throw on a focus sash so I can play a bit recklessly, to take advantage of my opponent in the "gauging" portion of competitive gameplay. It works in 8/10 games and usually takes out 2 mons when played correctly. The last was kabutops, I wanted to be able to flex charizard all game if need be. I also wanted to be able to switch up leads if the need ever arose so i needed something that could remove hazards. SD > coverage move to possibly take on bulky things like hmm, prinplup or weezing. The lum berry is for the burn from scald or will-o-wisp. That's all there is to this offensive team, enjoy.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

Fighting spam
Type spam has always been a pretty effective tactic in NU, since you can overwhelm the counters people bring to a specific type then clean up the rest. This is a bit of type spam, with Sawk and Hariyama. I used this on the Sawk suspsect ladder, and since I saw a lot of fatter teams I picked CB over Scarf (Band is also better, by the way) because nothing beats clicks Close Combat and 2HKOing Mesprits. Hariyama is the other half and while it doesn't do as much offensively, I jokingly call it my everything resist, because it's often the switch in to every special move, but it also help Sawk weaken Fighting-type answers. Fake Out also beat weather, which I'd lose to otherwise. I picked up Skuntank because CM Mush is a pain for Fighting-types regardless, and because I don't care about hazards I have Taunt 3 Attacks. Skuntank is also the primary answer to like all the Ghost/Psychic types, because there's nothing else that wants to deal with them. I was sorta scared of Scyther and stuff at this point, so I took the tier's (imo) best stealth rocker + normal resist, Steelix. Nothing really special, it also serves as a secondary answer to Musharna with Toxic, because I was worried about just having Skuntank for it. At this point this team was slow and lacked much of any cleaning potential, and because Ludicolo is a really underappreciated option, I picked that up over something like Sceptile. It's also my primary Water switch in, sadly. People like spamming weather on the suspect ladder too, so I sort of hoped I could countersweep some teams with Ludi too (that never happened :pirate:). Lastly because the team was currently awfully slow, I added a Scarfmon, because everyone loves scarfers. Since I was also lacking an actual fighting answer (lol) I picked Rotom for that. Scarf Will-O-Wisp is super-clutch vs a lot of things, since then I can revenge with Hariyama or something, and being a Ghost type gave me something vs Fighting types.

Criticism of my own team:
It's horribly fighting weak for a meta that is supposed to revolve around fighting types. When the team comes up against opposing Sawk's you have to do a bit of creative predictions and switches to not outright lose, but there's not a lot that freely lets Sawk switch in (nothing actually). Scarf Sawk is less of a problem, because nothing on the team is outright OHKO'd by it (sans Knock Off vs Rotom, but it outspeeds). Never had any problem with the other Fighting-types (Hari is slow enough for the team to wear down, Primeape too weak and Chan dies to everything and can't OHKO stuff). Xatu is a bit annoying too because Steelix doesn't beat it on its own, and some defensive cores can give the team trouble. But honestly, this team has been really solid for a lot of battles now against a lot of different archetypes, so I'm pretty happy with its current form. It would be nice to be less Fighting-weak though!

Sawk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Steelix @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
~ShibuyaK~

Here is a pretty fun team that's worked well for me in friendly battles and on ladder. Its origins came about after my buddy Silver Aurum posted a team with Choice Band Tauros which inspired me to spend the next 10 minutes making a team with the set. Since then I've spent the last week and a half tweaking the team every now and then and I'd say it's reached a point where the team is good enough to post. Regarding the basic structure of the team, I wanted to also build around Tailwind + 3 attacks Charizard since the extra boost in speed can help zard muscle through faster threats in the late game if need be. Next I decided to pair it with Banded Tauros to take advantage of Charizard's ability to beat most normal checks in the tier by virtue of its coverage. Tauros can also take advantage of tailwind turns if need be to really do a lot of damage. Ferroseed provides rocks support and is a stellar switchin to the water types that threaten Charizard alongside Lanturn. AV Lanturn is a set that I've been a huge fan over the past month and it is still very much effective on this squad since it can work towards removing both of Tauros and Charizard's checks rather efficiently. The speed on Lanturn creeps most Abomasnow variants, although those haven't been as common lately so running some bulk certainly isn't out of the question. Lo Hitmonchan is a nice combination of power and utility that fits with the overall structure of the team, being able to spin hazards away to keep zard healthy, harass faster offensive threats with strong priority, and crush most normal resists to keep Tauros a big a threat as possible. Colbur berry Musharna is the teams fighting check and a pretty nice pivot overall that has some potential as a win condition due to its use of Calm Mind, although this is mostly used to sponge hits from the likes of special Sceptile a bit easier.

As far as weaknesses go, the team doesn't really struggle against a whole lot. Sceptile in particular is somewhat annoying but Musharna is usually able to take it on, and if you feel the match up versus scep is too ugly, you could always opt for something like t-wave ferro to cripple it for the rest of the game, just be sure to switch Gyro Ball as well! On paper, Mixed wallbreakers like Earthquake Magmortar and Charizard seem troublesome but Lanturn and offensive pressure from Tauros has managed to do the job for me thus far. Taunt Sawk also seems like a huge problem since my main fighting check loses its only method of recovery, but no one uses that even though it seems pretty good right now so it's fine! That's about all I can think of to name so yeah try the team out sometime. This thread in particular is one of my favorite on the subforum, so it's good to see it get so much attention recently.
Charizard @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Focus Blast

Tauros @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Pursuit

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 SpA / 96 SpD / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Last edited:
~ShibuyaK~

Here is a pretty fun team that's worked well for me in friendly battles and on ladder. Its origins came about after my buddy Silver Aurum posted a team with Choice Band Tauros which inspired me to spend the next 10 minutes making a team with the set. Since then I've spent the last week and a half tweaking the team every now and then and I'd say it's reached a point where the team is good enough to post. Regarding the basic structure of the team, I wanted to also build around Tailwind + 3 attacks Charizard since the extra boost in speed can help zard muscle through faster threats in the late game if need be. Next I decided to pair it with Banded Tauros to take advantage of Charizard's ability to beat most normal checks in the tier by virtue of its coverage. Tauros can also take advantage of tailwind turns if need be to really do a lot of damage. Ferroseed provides rocks support and is a stellar switchin to the water types that threaten Charizard alongside Lanturn. AV Lanturn is a set that I've been a huge fan over the past month and it is still very much effective on this squad since it can work towards removing both of Tauros and Charizard's checks rather efficiently. The speed on Lanturn creeps most Abomasnow variants, although those haven't been as common lately so running some bulk certainly isn't out of the question. Lo Hitmonchan is a nice combination of power and utility that fits with the overall structure of the team, being able to spin hazards away to keep zard healthy, harass faster offensive threats with strong priority, and crush most normal resists to keep Tauros a big a threat as possible. Colbur berry Musharna is the teams fighting check and a pretty nice pivot overall that has some potential as a win condition due to its use of Calm Mind, although this is mostly used to sponge hits from the likes of special Sceptile a bit easier.

As far as weaknesses go, the team doesn't really struggle against a whole lot. Sceptile in particular is somewhat annoying but Musharna is usually able to take it on, and if you feel the match up versus scep is too ugly, you could always opt for something like t-wave ferro to cripple it for the rest of the game, just be sure to switch Gyro Ball as well! On paper, Mixed wallbreakers like Earthquake Magmortar and Charizard seem troublesome but Lanturn and offensive pressure from Tauros has managed to do the job for me thus far. Taunt Sawk also seems like a huge problem since my main fighting check loses its only method of recovery, but no one uses that even though it seems pretty good right now so it's fine! That's about all I can think of to name so yeah try the team out sometime. This thread in particular is one of my favorite on the subforum, so it's good to see it get so much attention recently.
Charizard @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Focus Blast

Tauros @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Pursuit

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 SpA / 96 SpD / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight
This team looks dope and I want to try it out but is ferro supposed to have rocks or spikes cause you said it was your rocker.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)