SM NU NU HO Sneasel Suspect Test

Hello, this is my first article so let's go.
I wanted to do something interesting with one of my favourite playstyle, the offense.

-Teambuilding:
I started with Shuckle, that set up entry hazards and final gambit to let the teammates do the work.
Then, I decided to put a Banded Emboar, that has no switch-in.
For the special side, I was thinking about Vikavolt, but it's too slow even with webs up, so I put a Specs Clawitzer.
Because of the defoggers, I always choice a Defiant poke for the free boost, and this time is Scarfed Braviary.
If the opponent doesn't run a defog user, maybe run a spinner, so i put Mismagius.
And finally, I wanted a spinner over defogger because I want my hazardas up, so I put a Claydol.

-Team in depth:

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Final Gambit

·Well, nothing new, his work is set both hazards if it's possible and then Final Gambit to let the Wallbreaker in.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

·The physical wallbreaker, and one of my favourite, and I really think that should be banned, because it's crazy. I always have run Head Smash on Emboar, but for a banded set I thought that Sucker would be more useful than Smash because of the priority.

Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

·For the special side, I love Clawitzer. If it is well played, both Emboar and Clawitzer get a kill by turn.

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

·As I said, I always put a defiant owner in HO for the free boost. It acts as a cleaner too.

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

·Anti Spinner and Z user. Nasty Plot doubles your special attack and then you can throw your Z with no problem. Taunt is used to avoid toxic and taunt too. Dazzling for dark types such as Guzzlord.

Claydol @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Psychic

·And finally, maybe the most urprising member of the team, Claydol. It spin away the hazards and with expert belt hits the majority of the tier harder than I thought.

---------Conclusion-------
I think that is a cool team, but because of it's the first HO that I've ever made in NU maybe has some wrong. I'm opened to suggestions. Thank you for read this, bye!

I know hyper offense is simple to understand, but you need more than 2 sentences for clawitzer and braviary.

I can't help but notice that I use the exact same braviary and mismagius set to keep hazards, really nice mons :)

From an offensive view point, your team is very weak to turn-1 boosters. From experience, my hyper offense team always struggled with Z-klinklang or Z-celebrate vaporeon turn 1 if we lead with our hazard setters. Vaporeon at +1 also ohkoes your entire team, while tanking a brave bird and aura sphere. To deal with this, I recommend
Switching braviary into adamant nature. You still outspeed the unboosted meta, and webs will deal with the faster scarfers such as hitmonlee, timid vanilluxe, and delphox. Adamant means that you are guaranteed to ko +1 vaporeon after a full health final gambit. If you don't want to sacrifice shuckle that fast, it also allows you to put vaporeon in kill range for aura sphere. The general higher damage output is appreciated for stuff like slowbro or golbat.

From a defensive standpoint, xatu annoys your team. It beats braviary, stops shuckle, and trades with claydol(non heat wave variant) and emboar. Mismagius, which struggles with special walls and pursuit and clawitzer which can be whittled down unless it makes the correct read are the only answers to it. To beat this, I suggest colbur berry on mismagius and electrium z on emboar.

These changes are to ease the heavy reliance on preductions. Colbur allows mismagius to survive pursuit traps (50% to live banded 80 bp pursuit from sneasel) so that it has another chance to predict or fight xatu. Electrium allows you to lure in bulky waters or xatu by giving them a false sense of security that you're choiced. Emboar hits hard already anyway.

Tldr: Jolly -> adamant. Still a fast braviary
Ghostium -> colbur. Survive pursuit, and stray knock offs to punish accordingly
Choice band -> electrium z. 3 choice items requires a lot of reads high ladder and one slip up could spell game over. Also good lure.

Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)