Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crushing it in both League B and C this week. Now just need some 7-5 teams to drop and I'm in the playoffs thanks to points scored tiebreak. It's that time of year again folks!

My League A team has been a group of underachieving bums all year (9th in PF) yet I'm going to be 9-4 and in second place thanks to by far the league's easiest schedule and a LOT of luck. Having to start guys like Allen Robinson, Brandon Marshall, and Devontae Booker has been brutal, so hopefully they can get it together during the playoffs.

I also have a team that is looking at 7-6 yet is by far the highest scoring team in the league. If it wasn't for David Johnson and LeSean McCoy, I'd probably be out of the playoff picture due to Brees putting up a massive dud this week and streaming Vance McDonald over Dennis Pitta to replace Gronk.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^Since being dethroned from the Points Against hegemony, I am en route to my 5th straight win and, amazingly but in typical Mr.E fantasy football fashion, have an outside shot at the #4 seed thanks to the top three teams heavily pulling away from the field (read: everyone in the middle is losing). I just need... Stallion and tad above me to lose (plz one more BS win for me bro, "Below-Average Bums," and tad plays falling-to-#3 seed moot himself) plus I outscore them by roughly 50 and 35 points respectively, ck49 to lose (to biggie*) OR I outscore him, and zerowing to lose (to #1 seed WB) OR not outscore me by more than ten points. And I also have to win (against Huy) myself, obviously. Not actually that unlikely... *shrug*

* biggie is currently 1-11 in a world where #7-11 are all 5-7 and I felt the need to specifically call him out for the express purpose of shaming him. Granted, he's going to double his win total this week against one of them and two of the others are playing each other.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
biggie is currently 1-11 in a world where #7-11 are all 5-7 and I felt the need to specifically call him out for the express purpose of shaming him. Granted, he's going to double his win total this week against one of them and two of the others are playing each other.
my team's been decimated by injuries the whole season. it's the one league where I really shit the bed. i'm straight killing it in the #strongs league, so shut your face bitchass

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm pretty much guaranteed playoffs in league B and my ESPN league, but wtf has been happening in league A?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
my team's been decimated by injuries the whole season. it's the one league where I really shit the bed. i'm straight killing it in the #strongs league, so shut your face bitchass
You kinda knew what you were getting when you drafted Arian Foster.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm in a weird spot in one of my money leagues. 12 teams, 4 make the playoffs. I'm 8-5 and in 6th place. 3 other teams are 8-5 with more points than me, and a 9-4 team with fewer than I have. The interesting thing is that all 4 of these teams play one of the others, meaning that 2 are guaranteed to lose barring a tie. This pretty much opens a door for me to sneak in as long as I take care of business and retain my point lead on the currently 9-4 team. Kinda lucky things turned out this way, but still have to win to get in.

Also disappointed in my B League season, but I could have played better and at least I was competitive until the end. Interested to see how the playoffs play out there

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amazingly I still have a chance at playoffs in league A by leapfrogging 5 teams that all lose, none of whom are playing each other this week

what the hell lol

I'm pretty much guaranteed playoffs in league B and my ESPN league, but wtf has been happening in league A?
Well, 7 teams are alive for 2 spots in the playoffs. My two point loss last game puts me on the outside needing Joe Vincent Flacco and The American Dreams to lose, and I have to outscore the former by around 28 to make it in. So less than ideal, but possible. But ugh two more points yesterday and this would be so much easier.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah did I mention I'm first in points against and second last in Points for? Yet somehow 6-7 and with a shot at playoffs despite no longer having 13/15 drafted players on my roster due to injury/bad performance cuts?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
this is what is happening, although stallion is in the league anyway so that was a rhetorical question but JUST IN CASE ANYONE ELSE WANTED TO SEE

Amazingly I still have a chance at playoffs in league A by leapfrogging 5 teams that all lose, none of whom are playing each other this week

what the hell lol
Unlike the rest of us 6-7 suckers, you have about 200 points scored to make up, so good luck.

I swear, it'd be nice for once if I could start a season winning more than one of the first 4-5 games and trying to make these ridiculous playoff pushes on the back side (when I won 2014 and would've won last year if not for a 0.64-point loss in Week 13 that ultimately kept me out).

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this is what is happening, although stallion is in the league anyway so that was a rhetorical question but JUST IN CASE ANYONE ELSE WANTED TO SEE

Unlike the rest of us 6-7 suckers, you have about 200 points scored to make up, so good luck.

I swear, it'd be nice for once if I could start a season winning more than one of the first 4-5 games and trying to make these ridiculous playoff pushes on the back side (when I won 2014 and would've won last year if not for a 0.64-point loss in Week 13 that ultimately kept me out).
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Perfect game for me last night in fantasy. Across leagues I'm facing Carr, Crabtree, and Cooper. They all did nothing. I had Tyreek Hill, Latavius Murray, and Janikowski across a couple

Smogon league B is the only one I missed the playoffs out of all my leagues. There's still one week of regular season left in one of my leagues but its win and in and last night was good for me

I made the playoffs in a fairly casual league and this week's game is really just hoping to leapfrog into top-two instead of 4th where I am now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)