Official Smogon University Usage Statistics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't really be very difficult to put in "if Illuminate < 0.001% then exclude the Illuminate line" code to stop that question from showing up every month, right?
What I'd be more likely to do is stop changing "unrecognized" to "illuminate" and just change it to something like "???."

I already asked this and already got a reply, but I think the reply was to a different post as it really didn't talk about my post at all and only talked about lead doubles stats:

I apologize if I'm just missing something, but will the changes since last month still be viewable? Doing them for every cutoff level for each metagame would be pretty unnecessary, but it would be nice to see them for the only stats used for tiering (i.e. 1760 stats for OU, 1695 for UU) at the very least.

Sorry, Magnemite (and I fixed that initial reply so it was pointing to the right place).

I understand diff stats are something people might want. I'll consider adding them this month.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not a big deal but how does Xerneas have 3 in OU and why do all the caps have 1? Is this just a byproduct of the stat algorithm?

Haven't seen this mentioned to you before but in some places charizard megas are listed separately at the bottom of usage: http://sim.smogon.com:8080/Stats/2014-04/ou-1760.0.txt

seems to be in low numbers, but has the potential to affect stats?
That's PS glitching out. My scripts are supposed to catch that--I'm not sure why they're not.

Not a big deal but how does Xerneas have 3 in OU and why do all the caps have 1? Is this just a byproduct of the stat algorithm?
This is, again, PS glitching out.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
How do banned Pokemon have any usage at all? The March stats list 1 under Real usage for several Uber Pokemon

Last edited:
Hey Antar,

Have you considered conducting some statistical tests? For example, one could test if teams with Mega Charizard X win more than teams with Mega Charizard Y; or whether it is better to run move X or move Y on a given pokemon. That is, assuming you have data on win/loss, which you probably do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)