Offstat Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
lmao I jut realised Ferrothorn isn't allowed... oh well, Scizor and Machamp may work okayish.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Scizor and Machamp may very well do more damage. Machamp runs Specs Focus Blast in UU sometimes and it did quite some damage to my Scrafty. I don't think kyurem could take that.

I have no problems with Kyu-W in this meta, though.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Heracross Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 195-229 (56.68 - 66.56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Specs Heracross gogogogo

What about pokemon with pure power/huge power/thick club? As long as they are using these stat raising powers/items, why can't they get a shot in this meta?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I personally wouldn't be against testing Azumarill / Medicham / Clamperl / Marowak / whatever else with their respective boosts, although that's ultimately Level 51's call, not mine, and depends on what the artificially higher stat would be if converted to a base stat. It definitely goes against some of the "ethics" of Offstat, however.

Does hustle break the ethics though because it's effectively giving Togekiss base 75 att as compared to 120 base spatt? What does it say for items? Technically, if Marowak is allowed then the Lati twins are, and anyway you could justify putting a specs or a band on a pokemon and using the unboosted stat. So items are definately out.

I don't really see how that would improve the metagame to be entirely honest. If you could provide some actual reasoning behind your suggestions, that might help, but as is I see no reason to further complicate the ban conditions for a questionable improvement. They also somewhat defeat the purpose of it being "Offstat", since your second suggestion just ignores offstats entirely, and between the two of them they unban every pokemon that currently isn't allowed.
The point is to enable all pokemon to be used, although nerfing the ones with too high of a and only pokemon with very low stats could fly with identical offensive stats (I'm talking about the likes of Shuckle, Sunkern, and Kricketot low).

Of course, it was just an idea I had. If it isn't a good one, then you don't have to use it.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Hustle actually gives Togekiss over 327 Attack, which is the equivalent of base 100 attack, not 75. Which is actually quite high here. However, the catch is gets no accuracy boosting move so it's a high risk high reward pokemon.

Other potential offensive mons for your consideration:

Absol with 75 Special Attack. Great special movepool, and Super Luck can act as a pseudo power boost
Alakazam with 50 Attack. Attack isn't that great, but has a solid physical movepool and gets a recoilless Life Orb to compensate
Beheeyem with 75 Attack. Lacking physical movepool, but gains a 1.3x power boost from Analytic
Gallade with 65 Special Attack. Solid special and Support movepool + Calm Mind
Magnezone/Magneton with 70/60 Attack. Ditto Beheeyem, + Eviolite in Magneton's case
Meloetta-A with 77 Attack. Has a solid physical movepool with STABs + Close Combat, Stone Edge, elemental punches, Drain Punch, and U-turn, and can boost with Work Up
Rampardos with 65 Special Attack. Great special movepool boosted by Sheer Force
Roserade with 70 Attack. Lacking physical movepool, but has Swords Dance + Technician Bullet Seed
Shedinja with 30 Special Attack. No means of boosting, but smaller pool of available Pokémon in this meta, + lack of autoweather, may make him harder to counter.
Tauros with 40 Special Attack. Great special movepool boosted by Sheer Force + Work Up
Weavile with 45 Special Attack. Alright special movepool + Nasty Plot / Calm Mind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)