Done [OU] Ogerpon

Theia

I'll burn before you bury me
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Ogerpon (F) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Encore

Ogerpon serves as a strong offensive pivot thanks to U-turn alongside high Attack, a decent Speed tier, and Encore. Ivy Cudgel is a strong STAB move that threatens defensive Pokemon like Alomomola and Garganacl with 2HKOs; giving Ogerpon a Scope Lens increases the chance for Ivy Cudgel to land a critical hit to 50%. Knock Off can deter potential switch-ins like Dragonite and Cinderace by removing their Heavy-Duty Boots, making them easier for teammates to break through. Encore allows Ogerpon to lock foes into non-damaging moves, such as Roost, and potentially force the foe to switch out. Ogerpon can only Terastallize to Tera Grass, giving it a Speed boost thanks to Embody Aspect, which makes Encore stronger as Ogerpon can lock faster threats like Zamazenta and Gouging Fire even after a Dragon Dance. Ogerpon struggles to make progress against Fire- and Dragon-types like Gouging Fire and Dragonite, and appreciates allies like Great Tusk and Primarina that can better handle them. Physically defensive Flying-types like Skarmory and Corviknight easily wall Ogerpon, so specially offensive teammates like Kyurem and Deoxys-S that can remove them are necessary.

Character Count: 987

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
or if it switches in while the opponent is using Defog
So my main issue with this is that for OU, our only Defoggers are Corviknight and Mandibuzz, both of which are awkward for Ogerpon to deal with. So instead, I think you could mention a more likely case of Lando-T's Intimidate activating Defiant. However, I think it could be better to say that Ogerpon is a nice pivot because of it being a fast Encore mon. Something like:

"Ogerpon serves as a strong offensive pivot thanks to U-turn alongside, high Attack, a decent Speed tier, and Encore, the last of which becomes very useful after Ogerpon has terastallized."
Knock Off can deter potential switch-ins like Dragonite and Volcarona
Volc got banned, I think Pult or Kyurem could maybe work, and/ you could mention that Knock Off can remove Boots from those mons, which makes them easier for teammates to break through. Something like:

"Knock Off can deter potential switch-ins like Dragonite and Skeledirge, who become much easier to break through after losing their Heavy-Duty Boots."
Encore gives Ogerpon extra utilty, allowing it to potentially lock a Pokemon into Defog against it for free Defiant boosts or force the opponent to switch out, allowing it to U-turn out of a predicted incoming threat.
I think you could reword this to Encore allowing Ogerpon to lock mons into set up moves or recovery moves, like Skeledirge locked into Slack Off, or Gliscor locked into Swords Dance. Tera would let it handle faster offensive threats, like locking Gouging Fire into Dragon Dance, or Zamazenta into Iron Defense.
Physically defensive Flying-types like Skarmory, Corviknight, and Zapdos all easily wall Ogerpon, so specially offensive teammates like Heatran and Deoxys-S that can remove them are necessary.
If character count is an issue, then you could remove Zapdos here (it's not that common anyways). Heatran could be replaced with Kyurem since Heatran isn't that common either.

-----
After all of that, I think the final version would look something like:
Ogerpon serves as a strong offensive pivot thanks to U-turn alongside, high Attack, a decent Speed tier, and Encore. Ivy Cudgel is a strong STAB move that threatens defensive Pokemon like Alomomola and Garganacl with 2HKOs, and giving Ogerpon a Scope Lens increases the chance for Ivy Cudgel to land a critical hit to 50%. Knock Off can deter potential switch-ins like Dragonite and Cinderace by removing their Heavy-Duty Boots, making them easier for teammates to break through. Encore allows Ogerpon to lock foes into non-damage moves, such as Roost, and potentially force the opponent to switch out. Ogerpon can only terastallize to Tera Grass, which gives it a Speed boost thanks to Embody Aspect, which also makes Encore stronger as Ogerpon can lock faster threats like Gouging Fire even after a Dragon Dance and Zamazenta. Ogerpon struggles to make progress against Fire- and Dragon-types like Gouging Fire, Dragonite, and appreciates allies like Great Tusk and Primarina that can better handle them. Physically defensive Flying-types like Skarmory and Corviknight easily wall Ogerpon, so specially offensive teammates like Kyurem and Deoxys-S that can remove them are necessary.

I think I changed a lot, so let me know what you think and QC 1/1 after that. Good work

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
1/1 GP Team done
Ogerpon (F) @ Scope Lens
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Encore

Ogerpon serves as a strong offensive pivot thanks to U-turn alongside, (RC) high Attack, a decent Speed tier, and Encore. Ivy Cudgel is a strong STAB move that threatens defensive Pokemon like Alomomola and Garganacl with 2HKOs, and ; run-on sentence, can fix this with a better conjunction if uw since the character count has space anyway giving Ogerpon a Scope Lens increases the chance for Ivy Cudgel to land a critical hit to 50%. Knock Off can deter potential switch-ins like Dragonite and Cinderace by removing their Heavy-Duty Boots, making them easier for teammates to break through. Encore allows Ogerpon to lock foes into non-damaging moves, such as Roost, and potentially force the opponent foe to switch out. Ogerpon can only Terastallize to Tera Grass, which gives giving avoid repetition it a Speed boost thanks to Embody Aspect, which also makes Encore stronger, (AC) as Ogerpon can lock faster threats like Zamazenta and Gouging Fire even after a Dragon Dance and Zamazenta reads more easily but subjective change. Ogerpon struggles to make progress against Fire- and Dragon-types like Gouging Fire, (RC) and Dragonite, and appreciates allies like Great Tusk and Primarina that can better handle them. Physically defensive Flying-types like Skarmory and Corviknight easily wall Ogerpon, so specially offensive teammates like Kyurem and Deoxys-S that can remove them are necessary.

Character Count: 1002

Theia

I'll burn before you bury me
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
1/1 GP Team done
Ogerpon (F) @ Scope Lens
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Encore

Ogerpon serves as a strong offensive pivot thanks to U-turn alongside, (RC) high Attack, a decent Speed tier, and Encore. Ivy Cudgel is a strong STAB move that threatens defensive Pokemon like Alomomola and Garganacl with 2HKOs, and ; run-on sentence, can fix this with a better conjunction if uw since the character count has space anyway giving Ogerpon a Scope Lens increases the chance for Ivy Cudgel to land a critical hit to 50%. Knock Off can deter potential switch-ins like Dragonite and Cinderace by removing their Heavy-Duty Boots, making them easier for teammates to break through. Encore allows Ogerpon to lock foes into non-damaging moves, such as Roost, and potentially force the opponent foe to switch out. Ogerpon can only Terastallize to Tera Grass, which gives giving avoid repetition it a Speed boost thanks to Embody Aspect, which also makes Encore stronger, (AC) as Ogerpon can lock faster threats like Zamazenta and Gouging Fire even after a Dragon Dance and Zamazenta reads more easily but subjective change. Ogerpon struggles to make progress against Fire- and Dragon-types like Gouging Fire, (RC) and Dragonite, and appreciates allies like Great Tusk and Primarina that can better handle them. Physically defensive Flying-types like Skarmory and Corviknight easily wall Ogerpon, so specially offensive teammates like Kyurem and Deoxys-S that can remove them are necessary.

Character Count: 1002
Implemented, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)