Oh these movesets are quite dreamy!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We've seen this thread in countless previous subforums and I think it will work especially well here given the wide variety of movesets available in the Dream World. Make sure to comment on some of the posts above yours. Use multi-quote and participate!

I'll start it off with a gimmicky but DEADLY moveset I've been working with. I'm sure you've all faced this at least once.

Durant @ Choice Scarf / Mental Herb / Lum Berry
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Entrainment
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide / Thunder Fang

Everything about this set screams "suicide". Entrainment is one of the most gimmicky moves in the game, but the ability to give your opponent's Pokemon Truant is a God-send. A reckless player will OHKO Durant outright after you so nicely grant it its new ability, allowing you to send in your Shadow Tag Chandelure and use a combination of Protect/Substitute and Calm mind, or Dugtrio with Protect and Hone Claws, to get their offenses to +6 (and accuracy in Dugtrio's case). With a Choice Scarf, Durant is faster than Deoxys-S or Base 110 or higher with their own Choice Scarf. Mental Herb can be used to block fast Taunt from Thundurus, while Lum Berry gets rid of Sleep or Paralysis that instantly hampers your strategy. The EVs and Nature are specifically crafted to make Durant die after getting hit by anything. Hasty is used to soften up Durant's too-decent Defense. This is the only EV spread you should use, or Durant might actually survive something while you lose your momentum. The other moves are there just in case you need to attack, which should be never.

I've faced that set once or twice and I knew exactly what was coming. I might have fallen for it if Durant could do other things in OU, but every time you see one in DW, you know it's going to use Entraiment. Here's a set that's great at KOing the most annoying Pokemon in DW OU:

Spiritomb @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP/200 Atk/56 SpDef
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Pressure/Infiltrator

~ Sucker Punch
~ Pursuit
~ Psychic
~ Pain Split

The combination of Sucker Punch and Pursuit force Psychic and Ghost-type Pokemon to choose between attacking and switching, where mispredicting means they get KO'd. Gengar, Latios, Starmie, and Chandelure have avoid mispredicting, while Espeon and Alakazam can't do a whole lot back to Spiritomb no matter what. Psychic prevents Spiritomb from being set up fodder for Fighting-types like Keldeo and, together with Expert Belt, allows it to always OHKO max HP Toxicroak and do a minimum of 80% to Mienshao.

The EVs and Expert Belt together allow it to always OHKO Chandelure with Sucker Punch if it attacks or Pursuit if it switches. While max Atk and Brave with Leftovers might seem like a good idea, it doesn't have enough power to OHKO Chandelure and this EV spread gives 2 more SpDef than if you went with Brave to get the necessary Atk.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've faced that set once or twice and I knew exactly what was coming. I might have fallen for it if Durant could do other things in OU, but every time you see one in DW, you know it's going to use Entraiment.
Even if the opponent is smart enough not to stay in, your opponent's new Pokemon gets Truant. Chandelure or Dugtrio or Magnezone can't trap it with their newfound ability to be lazy assholes, and Durant can escape unscathed. It's a great phazing mechanism against the key Dragon Dancers, namely Gyarados, Dragonite, Haxorus, and Salamence, and outspeeding Scarf Garchomp is incredible. Whether or not your opponent switches, they're in a tight position. The most reliable way to beat Durant is to use a status move so you don't KO it and let it get the momentum it needs to send in their trapper.
Here's a set that's great at KOing the most annoying Pokemon in DW OU:

Spiritomb @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP/200 Atk/56 SpDef
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Pressure/Infiltrator

~ Sucker Punch
~ Pursuit
~ Psychic
~ Pain Split

The combination of Sucker Punch and Pursuit force Psychic and Ghost-type Pokemon to choose between attacking and switching, where mispredicting means they get KO'd. Gengar, Latios, Starmie, and Chandelure have avoid mispredicting, while Espeon and Alakazam can't do a whole lot back to Spiritomb no matter what. Psychic prevents Spiritomb from being set up fodder for Fighting-types like Keldeo and, together with Expert Belt, allows it to always OHKO max HP Toxicroak and do a minimum of 80% to Mienshao.

The EVs and Expert Belt together allow it to always OHKO Chandelure with Sucker Punch if it attacks or Pursuit if it switches. While max Atk and Brave with Leftovers might seem like a good idea, it doesn't have enough power to OHKO Chandelure and this EV spread gives 2 more SpDef than if you went with Brave to get the necessary Atk.
This sounds incredibly fun. The ability to break the subs of stupid things like Calm Mind Chandelure is priceless. I'd say Infiltrator is the better ability, since Pressure stalling is not as vital against boosting sweepers.

I've been playing around with Rain in DW recently, and this is by far my favorite set:

Vaporeon-Hydration
248 HP/ 8 Def./ 252 Sp. Def.
Nature: Calm Item: Leftovers
Rest
Scald
Toxic
Acid Armor

Of course, Toxicroak is a full stop to this set, but it has incredible walling potential. After an Acid Armor, Vaporeon has 316 Def. and 317 Sp. Def. which allows it to tank almost any attack.

Even if the opponent is smart enough not to stay in, your opponent's new Pokemon gets Truant. Chandelure or Dugtrio or Magnezone can't trap it with their newfound ability to be lazy assholes, and Durant can escape unscathed. It's a great phazing mechanism against the key Dragon Dancers, namely Gyarados, Dragonite, Haxorus, and Salamence, and outspeeding Scarf Garchomp is incredible. Whether or not your opponent switches, they're in a tight position. The most reliable way to beat Durant is to use a status move so you don't KO it and let it get the momentum it needs to send in their trapper.
I usually let it use Entrainment on my wall while I do something like set up SR and then switch out. I do see how it's useful at forcing set up sweepers and other offensive Pokemon out. I have a feeling that the people who used this strategy against me don't really know what they're doing. They essentially just give me a free turn to set a hazard up and then switch to something that will force Chandelure out, which racks up damage on it. This is definitely not the way you're using it, though.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Pressure (god I wish this thing got Technician)
Jolly 0/252/0/0/4/252
- Night Slash / Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Weavile is a bit of a toolbox Pokemon in Dream World. It can revenge kill Outraging Garchomp / Salamence / Dragonite, etc. with Ice Shard, and Gengar / Lati@s / Chandelure locked into non-Fire-type move X with Pursuit. It fills a nice little set of niches all by itself. It is also quite fast, which is very valuable in this metagame. Night Slash gets the nod because it is incredibly frustrating to be walled by Slowbro or Jellicent, but Ice Punch does have better neutral coverage so it is a viable option. Low Kick is necessary for coverage against Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, etc, but it barely does 70% to Excadrill ;_;. Weavile is best used on rain / sun / hail teams, since sand teams will generally already have Tyranitar to Pursuit and Weavile does not like sand damage in addition to LO and SR. That's another problem for Weavile: passive damage. It doesn't help that Weavile's weak to U-turn and can't do jack shit to Genesect. Still, it's a pretty cool mon and fun to use when it's not losing to last mon Excadrill in the sun (this has happened to me more times than it should...).

Tornadus @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Alrighty, I'll give this set credit to Tobes, who I got the idea from after battling him. This is your basic Tornadus that requires rain support, but also has Tailwind. Ordinarily, Tailwind is an extremely gimmicky move, and isn't normally used in singles; however, it can be a very useful last-ditch effort to outspeed opposing Choice Scarf users, but most importantly, Excadrill in the sand. If you have lost the weather war, and you only have Tornadus and another Pokemon left, such as Keldeo or something similar that has a higher base Speed than Excadrill, Tornadus can sacrifice itself to use Tailwind and boost the speed such that your Pokemon that comes out next will have double the Speed. In this case, with the boost from Tailwind, Keldeo will easily outspeed Excadrill in the sand and proceed to OHKO with its STAB move of choice. Quite a clever strategy, and one that is much less known. Thank you Tobes! <3

On the tornadus set, why not just run Rain Dance over Taunt? I still like Tailwind, but there's no reason not to run Rain Dance. I actually like run U-turn so that u can U-turn on Jirachi and switch to a counter. Once your Tornadus checks are gone, spam Hurricane.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome yourselves to the most gimmicky Choice Scarf Chandelure EVs, ever. This set actually can beat Thundurus, and even take a hit.
Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpA / 160 Spe
Calm
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Ice
-Energy Ball

Now I will explain, and also state some cool conditions that help this work against Thundurus.

100 SpA EVs allows you to reliably 2HKO Thundurus with HP Ice, also OHKOing with Fire Blast in sun.

The best condition to make this work is under sun. Under the sun, Fire Blast OHKO's. Hidden Power Ice is the failsafe. Deoxys-S provided Light Screen also helps, but mainly the easy to get up Stealth Rock, which shaves 25% of Thundurus's health.

With these EVs, +2 Thunder with Light Screen will not OHKO. Also, +2 Thunderbolt is 2HKO as well. An unboosted Thunder or Thunderbolt 3HKO's with Light Screen.

In the end, this Chandelure can switch in to Thundurus, a weakened one outside of sun, and beat it. Normal Choice Scarf Chandelure is OHKO'd by +2 Thunder or Thunderbolt with Light Screen. Only random reason to run this thing. I have used this thing effectively, and I must say it is fun to use.

The following is something I saw the other day that actually swept my testing team.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Rock Polish / Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Ice / Focus Blast

Landorus is usually used for its ridiculous power in the sand, but in the Dream World metagame, Landorus has access to Sheer Force, and when combined with a free Life Orb boost, Landorus's base 115 Special Attack isn't too shabby anymore. STAB Earth Power hits ridiculously hard, OHKOing shit like Starmie, while Psychic OHKOes Venusaur, Conkeldurr, and more. Hidden Power Ice / Focus Blast is for further coverage, and hits Dragon / Flying, Dragon / Ground types, and Levitating Steels hard. Rock Polish is an excellent boosting move, and this allows Special Landorus to function similarly to the physical Rock Polish set, except this set does not require sandstorm to hit just as hard, and can easily get around its normal counters in physical walls by smashing them with a powerful special move. In addition, Sheer Force grants Landorus with a recoil-free Life Orb boost, meaning that it won't have to worry about Life Orb recoil. Calm Mind is an option over Rock Polish, and boosts Landorus's Special Attack (and to a lesser extent, Special Defense) to ridiculous levels, allowing it to OHKO virtually anything after a boost. I've been testing this set extensively, and boy has it yet to disappoint. Try it out guys! Stop using standard shit and be creative. -.-

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
So THAT's why that Calm Mind Lando wrecked my shit the other day. I totally forgot it had Sheer Force. Psychic is an interesting choice, it taking care of Breloom more reliably than Hidden Power Ice on a physical set. I'll definitely be trying out the Rock Polish set, seeing how successful Genesect has been for me. Speaking of Genesect, Here's Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Genesect: Earth Power: 237-280 (70.53 - 83.33%) ... Pretty disappointing if you don't have a boost, since Scarf Genesect will pummel through you with Ice Beam. Still, with the amount of U-turning Scarf Genesect does, with entry hazards, you'll get it into OHKO range rather quickly.

I came up with a modified spread for mixed Rock Polish Landorus:

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 Atk / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Hammer Arm

152 Spe outspeeds Jolly Excadrill after a Rock Polish (unfortunately Mild / Rash needs a theoretical 260 to do the same), and Hammer Arm off of 104 Atk does 46.59 - 54.82% to Chansey and 62.46 - 73.66% to Blissey.

The following is something I saw the other day that actually swept my testing team.

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Rock Polish / Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Ice / Focus Blast

Landorus is usually used for its ridiculous power in the sand, but in the Dream World metagame, Landorus has access to Sheer Force, and when combined with a free Life Orb boost, Landorus's base 115 Special Attack isn't too shabby anymore. STAB Earth Power hits ridiculously hard, OHKOing shit like Starmie, while Psychic OHKOes Venusaur, Conkeldurr, and more. Hidden Power Ice / Focus Blast is for further coverage, and hits Dragon / Flying, Dragon / Ground types, and Levitating Steels hard. Rock Polish is an excellent boosting move, and this allows Special Landorus to function similarly to the physical Rock Polish set, except this set does not require sandstorm to hit just as hard, and can easily get around its normal counters in physical walls by smashing them with a powerful special move. In addition, Sheer Force grants Landorus with a recoil-free Life Orb boost, meaning that it won't have to worry about Life Orb recoil. Calm Mind is an option over Rock Polish, and boosts Landorus's Special Attack (and to a lesser extent, Special Defense) to ridiculous levels, allowing it to OHKO virtually anything after a boost. I've been testing this set extensively, and boy has it yet to disappoint. Try it out guys! Stop using standard shit and be creative. -.-
I'll have to watch out for this one... It looks deadly if used correctly :o

I actually posted this in harsha's rain thread, but I think it belongs more here, so I will just copy-paste it here with some additions lol -

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
move 1: Thunder
move 2: Hidden Power Ice
move 3: Volt Switch
move 4: Heat Wave / Roost
ability: LightningRod
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

This thing works pretty well on a rain team as a mid- to late-game sweeper once Ground-types are gone. The premise is simple - use Politoed / Manaphy / other Water-types as a lure to get into Thunderbolt, and go to town with Thunder from 525 SpA. All you need to do is take Ground-types out [this isn't difficult with your Water-type teammates, or you can yourself lure them in and KO with HP Ice], and then you can sweep with just Thunder. Plus Zapdos has enough bulk to take the occasional hit or two from stuff it can't KO with +1 Thunder, like Dragonite. Volt Switch helps to maintain momentum and works well with a partner like Scizor, while Hidden Power Ice helps in taking Ground-types switching into a predicted Thunder out; it also destroys Dragon-types. I experimented a bit with the last slot - while Heat Wave 2HKOes standard Ferrothorn in the rain (69.31 - 81.81%), I could occasionally scare out something like Jellicent and Roost to heal off SR damage. Staying in after Roosting once is crazy if you see Chandelure on the opposing team, of course, so I can usually only do this once before Starmie or Forretress can Rapid Spin.

Zapdos's Fighting- and Grass-type resistances make it a good addition to rain teams in general and a great partner to more offensive Manaphy sets that can't stomach Power Whip from Ferrothorn, which can only set up hazards. But you can always come into Thunder Wave or Power Whip, and 2HKO with Heat Wave. Running Zapdos often gets your opposition into a corner - if they lose their Ground-type, Zapdos can sweep with Thunder once bulkier foes have been weakened with entry hazards damage [Forretress works fine as a entry hazard setter on rain teams], or if they try to wall it with something like Ferrothorn, they will get worn down repeatedly taking boosted STAB Water-type moves.

Hi its me again! :D

I've been testing out a new Roserade set that functions in weather, and it's pretty fun to use.

Roserade @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball

Roserade is an incredibly underrated Pokemon, and I've only recently discovered its viability. It is a great Spikes / Toxic Spikes user (yea fuck you Deoxys-S), has decent Speed and Special bulk, as well as a great Special Attack stat. STAB Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb destroy plenty of Pokemon alone, and for those irritating Steel-types that think they can wall Roserade, Weather Ball is used. Obviously, this set requires sun or rain support because of Weather Ball, but it can be remarkably effective. I personally use Roserade on a rain team, as it alleviates its Fire-type weakness as well as essentially giving Roserade a 150 Base Power Water-type move to hit Pokemon such as Heatran. Roserade is definitely no slouch when it comes to attacking, although if you want to take a more defensive approach, running 192 EVs in HP will prevent Roserade from ever being OHKOed by Life Orb Modest Venusaur's Hidden Power Fire in the sun, and allows Roserade to OHKO in return with a sun-boosted Weather Ball with Stealth Rock down if running Leftovers, and always OHKO Venusaur even at 100% health if running Life Orb. This is a pretty nifty set that has caught many people off-guard. If being used on a rain team, Roserade easily absorbs the Electric-type moves aimed at the Water-types on the team. Roserade can also run a Specially Defensive spread with a Calm nature, which allows it to handle the likes of Rotom-W and random super effective Hidden Powers much better.

It looks like a pretty cool set, but just don't get locked into a Chandelure! As for Zapdos, I think it would work well with a double dance Terrakion who can remove all of Zapdos's counters, and Zapdos in turn takes down the physical walls that plague Terrakion.

harsha, in the rain, Chandelure fails to OHKO with an unboosted Fire Blast, doing a maximum of 93.1%, while Roserade can OHKO in return with Weather Ball. This is why the set is so good, as it lures Chandelure in and OHKOes it. Even if rain is not up, and sandstorm is up, Weather Ball will still OHKO thanks to the typing being changed to Rock. In addition, if Chandelure carries a Life Orb or Choice Specs, Roserade will outspeed and OHKO anyway. So the only feasible way that Chandelure can KO Roserade is when it is carrying a Choice Scarf and rain is not up.

The reason I brought Chandy up is because some run Overheat (well, mine). However it looks like a cool way to SpikeStack and the Poison typing brings cool resistances (like to Fighting).

Roserade @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
You could run Rest or Giga Drain in the first slot if you didn't need a Spiker, or over Sludge Bomb if you didn't want that extra STAB. Neat set, and Roserade is an awesome offensive spiker.

This is quite the beast in sandstorm:

Excadrill (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return

Now, you would ask, how is this different from any other excadrill?
Focus your attention on the item: chople berry.
Breloom is one of the most common DW pokemon and a fantastic check to excadrill. This can get around that.

With the chople berry, excadrill will avoid an OHKO even from a CB mach punch from techloom, even with stealth rocks and some spikes.

Detailed Result:
252 Atk Choice Band Breloom Mach Punch vs 0 HP/4 Def Chople Berry Excadrill: 67.31% - 79.22%
2 hits to KO

Assuming 2 spike layers and stealth rock:

After entry hazards: 314 - 357 (86.98% - 98.89%)

Never an OHKO

Now, most of the time, breloom will come in the turn you swords dance against a hopelessly inept pokemon. So a valid calculation would be +2 return from excadrill. Now, i know everyone runs 4 hp 252 atk 252 jolly, but for the sake of calculations, i used a bulky breloom with 236 hp evs.

Detailed Result:
252 +2 Atk Excadrill Return vs 236 HP/0 Def Breloom: 94.38% - 111.25%
68.75% chance to OHKO

With stealth rocks, it is a guranteed OHKO.

After entry hazards: 322 - 376 (100.63% - 117.5%)
100% chance to OHKO

After this, you will be left with a 30% health excadrill at +2 while the opponent would have lost its check to excadrill, ready to be swept. Pretty good moveset, imo.

Dugtrio (F) @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Stealth Rock

This is a gimmicky, yet effective dugtrio set. The idea is to come in on something that is choice locked into an electric attack, such as raikou, or something that is slower. If they are locked into an electric attack, set up a sub and then kill them. If they are slower, keep setting up subs until you get to 1HP, activating your Leichi Berry and maximizing power of reversal. This cal allow for a sweep. Stone edge is recomended , because fighting and Ground are both resisted by flying types.

Dugtrio (F) @ Liechi Berry
- Substitute
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Stealth Rock

This is a gimmicky, yet effective dugtrio set. The idea is to come in on something that is choice locked into an electric attack, such as raikou, or something that is slower. If they are locked into an electric attack, set up a sub and then kill them. If they are slower, keep setting up subs until you get to 1HP, activating your Leichi Berry and maximizing power of reversal. This cal allow for a sweep. Stone edge is recomended , because fighting and Ground are both resisted by flying types.
thats to weak, imo

id rather run a sub+hone claws set with salac berry

bluemon, Sub + Hone Claws, just like japkiller's set, is effective against Choice users locked into an Electric-type move, but the Reversal set is not exactly ''weak'' - Dugtrio can still deal heavy damage to most threats, and with a Sub up, it doesn't matter if you cannot OHKO a faster threat, as you can still deal heavy damage and switch out. That set can still OHKO Tyranitar and Ninetales with EQ, as well as Abomasnow with Stone Edge with SR damage, so it's just as effective as a general-purpose weather 'mon trapper. The difference is that your set is usually completely reliant on switching into a Choiced Electric-type attack to snag Attack boosts, whereas the Reversal set can keep Subbing into Liechi and Reversal activation range on most attackers, KO the opposing mon, and attempt a sweep.

In reply to the first post...

Chandelure @Leftovers
252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 Def Bold
-Protect/Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Flame Charge
-Flamethrower

Most Chandelure sets run Calm Mind + Acid Armor to become a walking tank. But the base 80 speed really hampers it, and I can easily kill a Chandelure with +6 Def with 2 EQs. But what if Chandy's speed is +6? Can't do much about that except use priority moves, but Chandy is immune to both Mach Punch and Extremespeed, resists Ice Shard and Bullet Punch, and can only be taken down with Sucker Punch and Aqua Jet. Meanwhile, teams without such items die. Paired up with Durant, this set will rip the opponent to shreds.

In reply to the first post...

Chandelure @Leftovers
252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 Def Bold
-Protect/Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Flame Charge
-Shadow Ball

Most Chandelure sets run Calm Mind + Acid Armor to become a walking tank. But the base 80 speed really hampers it, and I can easily kill a Chandelure with +6 Def with 2 EQs. But what if Chandy's speed is +6? Can't do much about that except use priority moves, but Chandy is immune to both Mach Punch and Extremespeed, resists Ice Shard and Bullet Punch, and can only be taken down with Sucker Punch and Aqua Jet. Meanwhile, teams without such items die. Paired up with Durant, this set will rip the opponent to shreds.
I ran into that on the ladder a few days back, and it is quite effective with the Durant set NixHex posted. Many people will forget about Chandelure and KO Durant, giving free rein to Chandelure to get +6 / +6 / +6 and sweep. However, it needs a lot of support to get rid of threats that wall it cold, though, depending on what mono-attacking option you use [i.e Flamethrower - Heatran, Shadow Ball - Normal-types such as Porygon2, Blissey, and Chansey]. It is also extremely predictable, and all you need to do is switch in a low-health mon to take Truant, then switch out and use that mon as death fodder later when you predict Chandelure won't switch in.

I am sorry if I appear to be returning to a Pokemon we discussed earlier, but this is a lot different: Dugtrio can also run a set similar to blaZofgold's Chandelure set.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Protect
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Dugtrio is very fast naturally with its excellent base 120 Speed, so it can afford to run two attacking moves. For this, Earthquake and Stone Edge are the best two options with their excellent neutral coverage; Hone Claws also gives Stone Edge perfect accuracy. At +6, even with Dugtrio's sub-par base 80 Attack, most threats will be OHKOed.

This set, though similar to Chandelure's set, sports several key differences. First and foremost, it does not boost Dugtrio's Speed, meaning Choice Scarf users will outspeed Dugtrio. Thus, you must be careful not to give a foe faster than Dugtrio Truant, as this ensures that after getting to +6 / +6, Dugtrio's Focus Sash will be wasted.

However, as long as Dugtrio keeps its Focus Sash intact [you have to ensure that entry hazards are off the field for this], it can take a hit from a faster threat and KO back in return; if the opponent has multiple priority users / faster Pokemon, Dugtrio will of course fall short of sweeping the entire opposing team. Of course, Scarf users with U-turn faster than Dugtrio are fairly common, so you need to scout the opponent's team accordingly for the presence of such threats, and try to eliminate them before bringing Dugtrio out. Secondly, and this is only a minor difference, but Dugtrio cannot trap Flying-types and Levitate users.

Admittedly, this set is somewhat ''gimmicky'' and requires a lot of support, but it can potentially sweep teams if given the chance.

A good old DPP set I thought of when people in #dw were complaining about dual status Amoonguss: RestTalk Heatran. RestTalk Heatran is pretty good in the current meta, taking on big threats such as Chandelure, Genesect, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Ninetales, Volcarona, Venusaur, Serperior, Espeon, Latios, Amoonguss, standard Tyranitar, etc. There are two takes on this set, defensive and offensive:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 SpD
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power / Roar

The defensive version. Modest nature might seem odd, but the increase in power is very noticable and you don't really care about the slight drop in special bulk anyways, as you can recover off damage much more easily. The Special Attack EVs let you OHKO Serperior after Stealth Rock damage, which is pretty cool. If you want, you can even replace Lava Plume with Fire Blast for much more damage, but then you might as well use the offensive version. Earth Power vs Roar in the last slot depends on your preferences and also on your team: Earth Power is usually best as it provides good coverage with Lava Plume. However, if you're using a team with Spikes support, I prefer Roar as one Roar still ruins Chandelure, Ninetales and such, and you can shuffle to rack up a lot of entry hazard damage.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 92 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power / Dragon Pulse

The offensive version. There might be a better EV spread, but this one lets you outspeed Timid Politoed and Jolly Breloom, which I think is absolutely necessary. The 4 Special Defense are there for Genesect's Download obviously. 224 HP provides a nice Life Orb number, and the bulk is really appreciated in taking Genesect's Thunderbolt and attacks like that. The rest is put in Special Attack for extra power. The choice between Earth Power and Dragon Pulse depends on your preference mostly. Earth Power hits a lot of stuff, such as Chandelure, Blaziken on the switchin, and other (specially defensive) Heatran, as well as a lot of other stuff. Dragon Pulse is great for hitting Dragon-types though. Hitting Garchomp on the switchin is great, and so is having a move that reliably hits Hydreigon and Latios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)