OptiMons [Slate 22: Gen 4] {Voting}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! I've always wanted to try to make Ambipom useful! Lemme take a crack at this:

Ambipom [Optimized]
Abilities: Scrappy, Technician, Skill Link
Stats: 75/125/76/60/76/115 [BST: 527]
Added Moves: Storm Throw, Close Combat, Flame Wheel, Bulldoze
Summary of Changes: +25 Atk, +10 Def, +10 SpD

Ambipom's biggest problem, I think, is that it's a glass cannon with too much glass and not enough cannon. It just doesn't have enough power to break through sturdier walls, and its sole offensive STAB doesn't even hit anything super effectively.

What I did here is that I gave it a little more bulk, beefed up its Attack and gave it a strong secondary type, with the perfect STAB move to go along with it, along with a couple of other Technician-boosted coverage moves. (With Technician factored in, Storm Throw is a 90 BP attack that always crits. That's no joke.) This Ambipom is far more difficult to switch into, since its two STABS let it hit everything for neutral damage except Ghost types, and it has Dark-type coverage for those (Knock Off, Pursuit and Thief). Or, alternately, give it Scrappy in lieu of Technician, and fill up those moveslots with other coverage moves instead.​

Cinccino [Optimized]
Abilities: Cute Charm, Technician, Skill Link
Stats: 75/105/60/105/60/115 [BST: 520]
Added Moves: Arm Thrust, Frost Breath, Bone Rush, Pin Missile, Mud Shot, Bulldoze, Heart Stamp, Magical Leaf, Ominous Wind
Summary of Changes: +10 Atk, +40 SpA

For Cinccino, I decided to accentuate its versatility and unpredictability, rather than just its power. I gave it a usable SpA stat, thus allowing it to go physical, special or mixed, and I gave it plenty of coverage options for both. Notably, since Technician boosts the power of Hidden Power, it can have a 90 BP coverage move for any type it wants, and that's nothing to take lightly.​

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

Cinccino [Optimized]
Abilities: Fluffy / Technician (Skill Link)
Stats: 80 / 120 / 80 / 65 / 80 / 140 [555 BST]
Added Moves: Play Rough, Rapid Spin, Fake Out, Quick Attack, Bulldoze, BoneRush, Scarf Cuddle*
Summary of Changes: +5 HP, +25 Atk, +20 Def, +20 Sp. Def, +25 Speed; -Cute Charm +Fluffy

Scarf Cuddle:
| 25 BP | 100% Accuracy | Physical | Z-Power: 140 | Hits 2-5 times | Each hit has a 20% chance to lower foe's Attack by one stage

Cinccino's main flaw is being too fragile for no apparent reason. Being a Pure Normal type also doesn't give it a good stab, so I added a new typing that fits with it's charmful look. It now hits much harder with 120 Atk and has a better Speed Tier at 140. The all-around 80 bulk isn't the best, but fits it better than the bulk it used to have. It also gets Fluffy rather for flavour reasons, because it is indeed very fluffy, but now it can take some better physical hits if it runs that. Keeping both of it's great original abilities in Skill Link and Technician, it can use it's variety of multi-hit moves such as Bullet Seed and Rock Blast, with it's main stabs being Tail Slap and Scarf Cuddle.​

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

Cinccino [Optimized]
Abilities: Skill Link / Technician / Serene Grace
Stats: 85/115/100/65/70/135 (570)
Added Moves: Rapid Spin, Tremors*
Summary of Changes:

*Tremors: Physical Ground move. 25 BP. Hits 2-5 times. 10 PP (max 16)

As the 'dex puts it: "Cinccino's body is coated in a special oil that helps it deflect attacks, such as punches." Sounds like a decent Defense to me. Rapid Spin reflects Cinccino's cleanliness, and gives it role compression as a hazard clearer. Tremors allows Cinccino to hit most Steel-types super-effectively, improving its coverage drastically. Cinccino also gets a boost to its overall stats to make it more competitive with OU mons - in particular, it can outspeed Tapu Koko and KO it with Tremors even without an offensive item. Serene Grace is still a flavor ability, but it's miles better than Cute Charm.​

Ambipom [Optimized]
Abilities: Iron Fist | Technician | [HA] Skill Link
Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 70 Def / 60 SpA / 70 SpD / 130 Spe
Added Moves: Arm Thrust, Bulldoze, Force Palm, Mach Punch, Shadow Punch, Tail Slap
Summary of Changes: +15 Atk, +4 Def, +4 SpD, +15 Spe

Ambipom obviously wants to achieve a role as a fast glass cannon, but it’s stats let it down. With such low defenses in 75/66/66, one would expect some powerful attacking stats and usable speed, but those stats aren’t as high as they could be either. A small increase to defenses should give Ambipom a slight tad more survivability, but the big boosts come in a new 115 Attack and 130 Speed stats, which give Ambipom a more respectable damage output and the speed of pokemon such as Tapu Koko. The new Fighting type gives Ambipom some new STAB moves to use, which pack with them some super-effective coverage. The real changes come in abilities and movepool. I wanted to give Ambipom choices by making both of its existing Technician and Skill Link abilities some potential and adding a new ability with the same viability.

Iron Fist Ambipom can abuse a large number of punching moves, including new additions in Shadow Punch and Mach Punch.

Iron Fist:
Ambipom @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Power-Up Punch / Ice Punch
- Fire Punch / Knock Off

Technician Ambipom has a lot more tools to use in Bulldoze, Force Palm, and Mach Punch. Though this isnt enough for a full on attacker, this gives those Offensive Pivot ambipoms a spammable move in Force Palm, which can help spread some sweet status goodness.

Offensive Pivot:
Ambipom @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Force Palm
- Knock Off / Bulldoze

Last, but certainly not least, Skill Link Ambipom has some very important additions in Arm Thrust and Tail Slap, two STAB Skill Link moves. There is nothing quite as fun as a powerful Skill Link pokemon that can abuse some of the wonkier mechanics of the game, such as 41% flinch chance King's Rock or being able to break things like Focus Sash.

Skill Link Stallbreaker:
Ambipom @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap / Arm Thrust
- Taunt / Knock Off
- Bullet Seed / Rock Blast / Arm Thrust
- Mach Punch

While I'm here, have some neat Slate Suggestions!
(I would use Spoilers but I don't know how lol)

Slate - Intimidating Individuals: Arbok, Granbull, Stoutland (Pokemon with Intimidate)
Slate - The Golden Days: Tauros, Golem, Lapras (Pokemon that were good in Gen-1 but not anymore)
Slate - Rags to Riches: Milotic, Golisopod, Goodra (Pokemon that start out 'Weak', but have strong final forms)

That's all for now. Cinccino is in the works.

Last edited:

Ambipom [Optimized]
Abilities: Iron Fist | Technician | [HA] Skill Link
Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 70 Def / 50 SpA / 70 SpD / 130 Spe
Added Moves: Arm Thrust, Bulldoze, Force Palm, Mach Punch, Shadow Punch, Tail Slap
Summary of Changes: +15 Atk, +4 Def, -10 SpA, +4 SpD, +15 Spe

Ambipom obviously wants to achieve a role as a fast glass cannon, but it’s stats let it down. With such low defenses in 75/66/66, one would expect some powerful attacking stats and usable speed, but those stats aren’t as high as they could be either. A small increase to defenses should give Ambipom a slight tad more survivability, but the big boosts come in a new 115 Attack and 130 Speed stats, which give Ambipom a more respectable damage output and the speed of pokemon such as Tapu Koko. The new Fighting type gives Ambipom some new STAB moves to use, which pack with them some super-effective coverage. The real changes come in abilities and movepool. I wanted to give Ambipom choices by making both of its existing Technician and Skill Link abilities some potential and adding a new ability with the same viability.

Iron Fist Ambipom can abuse a large number of punching moves, including new additions in Shadow Punch and Mach Punch.

Iron Fist:
Ambipom @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Power-Up Punch / Ice Punch
- Fire Punch / Knock Off

Technician Ambipom has a lot more tools to use in Bulldoze, Force Palm, and Mach Punch. Though this isnt enough for a full on attacker, this gives those Offensive Pivot ambipoms a spammable move in Force Palm, which can help spread some sweet status goodness.

Offensive Pivot:
Ambipom @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Force Palm
- Knock Off / Bulldoze

Last, but certainly not least, Skill Link Ambipom has some very important additions in Arm Thrust and Tail Slap, two STAB Skill Link moves. There is nothing quite as fun as a powerful Skill Link pokemon that can abuse some of the wonkier mechanics of the game, such as 41% flinch chance King's Rock or being able to break things like Focus Sash.

Skill Link Stallbreaker:
Ambipom @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap / Arm Thrust
- Taunt / Knock Off
- Bullet Seed / Rock Blast / Arm Thrust
- Mach Punch

While I'm here, have some neat Slate Suggestions!
(I would use Spoilers but I don't know how lol)

Slate - Intimidating Individuals: Arbok, Granbull, Stoutland (Pokemon with Intimidate)
Slate - The Golden Days: Tauros, Golem, Lapras (Pokemon that were good in Gen-1 but not anymore)
Slate - Rags to Riches: Milotic, Golisopod, Goodra (Pokemon that start out 'Weak', but have strong final forms)

That's all for now. Cinccino is in the works.

just some criticisms:
you had no reason to drop special attack. at all
allowing ambipom better use of skill link makes cinccino less unique, which will make buffing cinccino... difficult

also i'd replace lapras with exeggutor in the "golden days" slate suggestion

just some criticisms:
you had no reason to drop special attack. at all
allowing ambipom better use of skill link makes cinccino less unique, which will make buffing cinccino... difficult

also i'd replace lapras with exeggutor in the "golden days" slate suggestion
Thx for the feedback, appreciate it!
A. I dropped SpA because I get finnicky about Base Stat Totals. I thought a +38 might have pushed the BST too high, but that isnt the case so I might as well fix that.
B. True, though I'm sure something can come up. Maybe have Cinccino focus less on variety and more on just the raw damage? Or make Cinccino tankier? Dunno.
C. I was gonna add Exeggutor but I wasn't sure if there's a limit of 3 per slate, so I decided against it. Though there are a lot more pokemon that fit that slate, like Exeggutor, so it's really up to the mods and the people who run this gig.

Thx for the feedback, appreciate it!
A. I dropped SpA because I get finnicky about Base Stat Totals. I thought a +38 might have pushed the BST too high, but that isnt the case so I might as well fix that.
B. True, though I'm sure something can come up. Maybe have Cinccino focus less on variety and more on just the raw damage? Or make Cinccino tankier? Dunno.
C. I was gonna add Exeggutor but I wasn't sure if there's a limit of 3 per slate, so I decided against it. Though there are a lot more pokemon that fit that slate, like Exeggutor, so it's really up to the mods and the people who run this gig.
the issue is that exeggutor was a bigger part of gen 1 than lapras was

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Based on votes, Origin0 won with his Dragalge.

Cinccino [Optimized]
Abilities: Fluffy, Technician, Skill Link
Stats: 75/125/70/65/70/125 [BST: 520]
Added Moves: Rapid Spin, Icicle Spear, Low Lick
Summary of Changes: +20 Atk, +10 Def, +10 SpD, +10 Spe

Cinccino gets a well needed power and a speed boost, in addition to neat coverave options like Icicle Spear and the appreciated Low Kick.​

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile

Cincinno [Optimized]
Abilities: Cute Charm / Fur Coat / Skill Link [HA]
Stats: 85 / 100 / 60 / 65 / 50 / 120 [480]
Added Moves: Taunt, Lovely Kiss, Switcheroo, Memento, Splash
Summary of Changes: +10 HP | +5 Atk | -10 SpD | +5 Spe

Fur Coat makes too much sense on a flavor perspective, and makes Cincinno a rather interesting beast. With Fur Coat it becomes deceptively bulky on the physical side of things. However, walling isn't what this Cincinno is made for - rather, this CIncinno is made to be a supporting Pokemon with an ok amount of power to it. The most important addition to its movepool imo would be Lovely Kiss, although Taunt and Memento are pretty good reasons to run it as well. On the physical side of things, however, it can also be a threat - 100 is deceptively strong with its high base attacks thanks to Skill Link and Superpower. It also helps that it now has access to Z-Splash, which gives it +3 attack. Lovely Kiss shows up again here, helping it find set-up opportunities for a sweeps, as does Fur Coat although the latter lowers its overall power.

Ambipom [Optimized]
Abilities: Technician / Pickup / Prankster [HA]
Stats: 75 / 110 / 66 / 60 / 66 / 123 [500]
Added Moves: Swords Dance, Parting Shot, Force Palm, Sucker Punch, Quick Attack
Summary of Changes: +10 Atk | +8 Spe

More or less basic changes to Ambipom, it now has Dark STAB and a reasonable attack and speed boost. Prankster lets it do some neat things, however, with moves like Thunder Wave and Taunt. Parting Shot is a good addition to this, letting it get out and lower the opponent's stats at priority speed. Most of the time, however, I imagine Technician will be used for those powerful Tail Slaps and letting it use Force Palm for reasonably powerful coverage.​

Cinccino [Optimized]
Abilities: Serene Grace | Technician | [HA] Skill Link
Stats: 95 HP / 95 Atk / 80 Def / 95 SpA / 80 SpD / 115 Spe
Added Moves: Clean Up*, Moonblast, Play Rough, Taunt, Headbutt
Summary of Changes: +20 HP, +20 Def, +30 SpA, +20 SpD

Clean Up:
50 BP | 12 PP | 90% Accuracy | Physical | Z-Power: 100 BP
Removes all Hazards from the User’s side of the field.
“The user keeps the fighting arena clean while doing damage.”​

Cinccino has gone from a frail offensive sweeper to a utility player, while still keeping the offensive presence intact. The Fairy type lands it some useful resistances and a handy dandy immunity to boot, and some increased bulk helps take hits respectably. It's new signature move in Clean Up, when coupled with moves like Taunt, Wish, or Thunder Wave, allow Cinccino to remove those troublesome hazards while dishing out some support for the team. But Cinccino can pack a wallop as well, using it's last moveslot on either Headbutt or Moonblast, which, when coupled with Serene Grace, grant our ball of fur a 60% Flinch rate or 60% rate of Sp.A drop, respectively.

Cinccino @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Clean Up
- Taunt / Thunder Wave
- Knock Off / Play Rough / U-turn
- Headbutt

Ambipom [Optimized]
Abilities: Technician | Pickup | [HA] Skill Link
Stats: 75 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def / 75 SpA / 80 SpD / 135 Spe
Added Moves: Tail-Slap, Mega Punch, Cross Chop, Mach Punch
Summary of Changes: +14 Def, +15 SpA, +14 SpD, +20 Spe​

Improved defenses, even faster than before, and a good STAB to use with either Technician or Skill Link.

Cinccino [Optimized]
Abilities: Cute Charm | Technician | [HA] Skill Link
Stats: 75 HP / 95 Atk / 60 Def / 90 SpA / 90 SpD / 115 Spe
Added Moves: Swords Dance, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Winks, Flamethrower, Fire Blast
Summary of Changes: +25 SpA, +30 SpD​

Not many changes to stats, but now it has Special prowess and answers to Fighting.

Winks
|
| BP: 20 | PP: 32 | Acc: 90% | Hits 2-5 times.

Last edited:

Cinccino [Optimized]
Abilities: Cute Charm | Technician | [HA] Skill Link
Stats: 75 HP / 95 Atk / 60 Def / 90 SpA / 90 SpD / 115 Spe
Added Moves: Swords Dance, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Winks, Flamethrower, Fire Blast
Summary of Changes: +25 SpA, +30 SpD​

Not many changes to stats, but now it has Special prowess and answers to Fighting.

Winks
|
| BP: 15 | PP: 32 | Acc: 90% | Hits 2-5 times.
cinccino never needed answers to fighting... its problem (that it couldn't answer) was steel, and your sub needs to use special moves to hit them regardless. Winks is about as good as Arm Thrust (read: it's horrible, godawful trash), and the only special move it'll be using is Flamethrower/Fire Blast, to hit Steel.

You barely fixed exactly one of Cincinno's actual problems, and that was by accident. You DO realize these are meant for OU, right?

cinccino never needed answers to fighting... its problem (that it couldn't answer) was steel, and your sub needs to use special moves to hit them regardless. Winks is about as good as Arm Thrust (read: it's horrible, godawful trash), and the only special move it'll be using is Flamethrower/Fire Blast, to hit Steel.

You barely fixed exactly one of Cincinno's actual problems, and that was by accident. You DO realize these are meant for OU, right?
It actually wasn't by accident, I knew it couldn't hit Steel, so I went and added the two Fire moves.

I didn't want to make Winks too strong because of what it can cover, plus it gets other Fairy moves. Went and buffed it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)