ORAS Doubles OU ORAS Electric Terrain RMT Please

I was tired of building teams that were solely meant for laddering, so I built this team around the move Electric Terrain just to have fun, but it has served me well with about a 3:1 Win-Loss ratio. I figured I'd post it here and see what people think about it competitively.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Signal Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Electric Terrain
Magnezone is here for a second electric terrain if needed. It is also a good for taking any fairy, GRASS, flying, normal, and rock type moves. Discharge is there over thunderbolt so that it can heal Lanturn, speed up Electivire, or increase Sceptile's special attack. It doesn't have protect, because it needs both STAB moves in order to hit anything hard enough except for grass types that it can switch in on, which is why it has signal beam.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 148 Def / 252 SpA / 108 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Tri Attack
- Discharge
- Psychic
- Recover
Porygon2 with eviolite and this spread has enough bulk to take a close combat from a non-mega Blaziken, a Terrakion, an Infernape, or a Drain Punch/Mach Punch from a Guts Conkeldurr and even has a 50% chance to live a CC from a Jolly Mega Blaziken. I do not run Protect, because I prefer to try and take the hit and recover instead. I have discharge over thunderbolt for the same reason as Magnezone. Psychic hits Gengar.

Sceptile (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Claw
- Nature Power
- Iron Tail
Sceptile is mixed due to the very specially bulky fairy types out there, and because I don't want to be forced to switch out after using Leaf Storm once. With the abundance of electric type moves on this team coupled with Lightingrod, I can afford to lose a turn in order to get back my special attack drop from a Leaf Storm. Sceptile also has nature power because it turns into thunderbolt and gets the electric terrain boost.

Whiscash (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Spark
- Rock Slide
Whiscash holding an assault vest can take most non-grass type special attacks with a decent amount of HP left and return a big hit. Spark hits harder than EQ, Waterfall, or Rock Slide in only a select few instances (when electric terrain is up and none of the others are super-effective). Rock Slide hits non-Skarmory flying-types harder than Waterfall. Spark is very unexpected. I can't run Protect, because of the Assault Vest.

Electivire (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ThunderPunch
- Cross Chop
- Fire Punch
- Electric Terrain
Electivire hits incredibly hard on most things with Thunderpunch, especially when the Electric Terrain is up. Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress, and Amoonguss all take Thunderpunch well, but are destroyed by Fire Punch (Amoonguss not as much). Cross Chop is for Rock/Ground and Steel/Ground-types that Thunderpunch can't hit, and Fire Punch doesn't hit well enough.

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
Lanturn has the HP to abuse Volt Absorb with the abundance of electric type moves on the team without too much investment. Discharge is there over Thunderbolt for the same reasons as Porygon and Magnezone. Scald is there over Hydro Pump in order to get the status condition if necessary. Ice beam is for the obvious grass counters. Thunder Wave is there over Protect, because I usually WANT Lanturn to get hit in order to recover more HP.

Typically, I lead with Porygon2 and Electivire in order to use Discharge and Electric Terrain respectively, but it is doubles, so I play it by ear. Anything with discharge is a perfect pokemon to put aside Lanturn, Mega Sceptile, or Electivire. They can also pair with Whiscash if needed.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Your descriptions are a bit borderline on content. I suggest you explain your reasoning for your EVs just to be safe.

Once again, this team is extremely unviable competitively due to the lack of protect and predictability of your strategy. The concept of discharge spam is inherently flawed because it lowers team variety and your game options. If you don't care about competitive, I can't exactly help you, as how "fun" a team is is subjective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)