Resource ORAS OU EV Spread Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say - the bulky MZard X spread does not always avoid the 2HKO from Rotom-W - you need 160 HP EVs for that. I also didn't even know that Naive Lando-T with 88 Spe was a relevant set and still heavily doubt its relevance, and I don't think it's the best comparison to draw. The speed EVs actually allow you to outspeed base 130s at +1 rather than tie, while speed creeping things that speed creep positive natured base 70s.

I would also mention in other options for Azumarill to run 96 Spe rather than 92 - it speed creeps standard Specs Sylveon and by extension, support T-Tar. Furthermore, the remaining EVs can cleanly form a SR number. It's not that common of a scenario but IMO it's more worth it to have an SR number and speed creep a 'mon that thinks it's probably faster than you and can KO you after rocks than just one more point of HP.

I would also like to point out that the other option for Mixed LO Kingdra - 64 Atk / 216 SpA / 228 Spe does not 2HKO Bold Chansey after Rocks and 1 layer of Spikes - you need 116 Atk EVs for that. With this, you'll get an EV spread of 116 Atk / 164 SpA / 228 Spe. Also, -9 SpA isn't really a significant power drop but -24 SpA with the aforementioned spread is a pretty large power drop.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Scarf Diggersby
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
Outruns Lopunny and Mane, HP maximizes bulk by minimizing sr damage as a % of your health. 4 SpD gives download p2 an attack boost. IMO better than the current spread unless you to outrun scarf heatran.

Scarf Diggersby
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
Outruns Lopunny and Mane, HP maximizes bulk by minimizing sr damage as a % of your health. 4 SpD gives download p2 an attack boost. IMO better than the current spread unless you to outrun scarf heatran.
free likes are free

Last edited:
Just gonna list a few things I noticed. Feel free to contest them or disagree. I welcome the discussion n_n.

On Bulky Wisp ZardX you have 148 Defense EVs when you meant to put them in SpDef.

On CM Clef, the absolute minimum spdef with 248 HP you should have is 12 SpDef if you are Wish Protect so you can Calm Mind on max SpA Life Orb Tornadus (So they hurricane, you CM, you protect, and you are guaranteed to live the next turn if the sequence started with you at full).

This is a very big one. On Rock Polish Diancie and Rock Polish or Agility Mega Metagross, you must have 188 speed so as to outspeed Jolly Excadrill. One of the perks of these things is that they outspeed any relevant swift swimmers, sand rushers, whatever, but to do this you absolutely have to make sure they outspeed. The current spread for Metagross, 176 Speed does not. This has to change. Losing 3 HP isn't an issue, especially since Jolly Drill can make you lose all of your HP after you set up. Diancie is sitting at 180 speed right now. This must change too to 188.

Slash Jolly on Excadrill. Jolly SD is quite good. You have it mentioned in the paragraph, might as well slash it.

Someone earlier said run 248 speed on Gyarados. I would do this. It outspeeds the base 145s at +1 and still the base 80s. The reason for this is that tying with other Mega Gyarados' isnt really a concern as it sorta walls itself (barring EQ). However, this does matter for normal Gyarados as if they are max speed Jolly, you can underspeed them and hit them after a bounce.

For Torn T, 88 Special attack is what guarantees the OHKO on Keld after rocks, not 100.

29 HP IVs on Life Orb Starmie, not 4 HP EVs. Just throw them in a defense stat

On CB TTar, you have 156 Speed to outspeed Mandibuzz and other base 80s, however, many of them run 16 speed of their own to outspeed max speed neutral 50s. Run 172 EVs to beat those. This is especially important for Venusaur.

On offensive Venu I'd move the 4 SpDef to Speed as the SpDef doesnt do much and like I said, cramped speed tier. Might as well have a creep.

Jolly on Normal Gyarados to outspeed Lopunny and Manectric at +1. Dont touch the EVs however. 224 Speed is actually what it needs for Timid Heatran.

A lot more speed on Stallbeaker Mew. This thing needs something like 120 (Outspeeds base 71s if max positive nature. Also beats things creeping 70s like Tankchomp)

Lead Scolipede is missing 4 EVs.

Run 240 HP, 252 Defense, 16 Speed on Suicune. Hits leftovers number while outspeeding 4 Speed Rotom-Wash

Didnt go lower than B. I'm not a QC guy or anything so feel free to speak up if you see an issue. :] But these are all things I've picked up in my many hours EVing lol

OH okay. I didn't expect that to just outright happen that quickly haha. Maybe update some of those descriptions?

Also, I would say just put 108 Speed Mew in since its in the paragraph.

Oh and 16 speed Suicune, not SpA

Personally I prefer 112 Spe Mew on a spread of 248 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe just to speed-creep things that are speed creeping base 70s and outspeed base 130s after getting Tricked a scarf. It doesn't always hurt either, as there are quite a few speed-creepers, which you can Wisp first. Some Tank 'Chomp spreads, you could potentially outspeed and Knock Off other Mew to finish them off, MAlt spreads that hit speed creep them as well, and more. It's not all that important really, but I find that it's worth it - unless there's some vital KO that the original spread avoids and this one doesn't?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Speed creep should not be mentioned because of the possibility of coutner-creep, negating the spread's usefulness. Just stick to the spreads that would be mentioned in analyses that beat opposing mons running max/min speed spreads.

I.e listed defensive Mew spread should only creep Jolly Bisharp because it cannot get outsped by it ever, while the things it could creep by running more Speed could still potentially beat it because they speed creeped you.

Last edited:
A spread of 252 HP/20 Def/236 SpD with an impish nature allows Hippowdon to only be 3hko'd by Mega Diancie's moonblast after Stealth Rock damage and lefties while still maximizing physical bulk. Whether this is a usable enough spread can be discussed, but if you were planning on checking Diancie with hippo, this is your way to do so.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Just go full hp / full spdef in my opinion. SpD Hippowdon checks / counters Mega Diancie, Mega Zard Y, LO Gengar, Magnezone, Latias, Heatran, AoA/Protect Mega Zam and it can also take a Grass Knot from LO Thundy so yeah it's viable as long as you go 252 HP / 252 SpD Careful KidMagic

The Life Orb Mamoswine description mentions a 29 HP IV for a life orb number, but doesn't have the IV listed under the nature, while the spreads for Latios and Starmie do.

KidMagic said:
Life Orb Attacker
244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature

244 Attack EVs take advantage of its base 130 Attack stat. The Special Attack investment allows Mamoswine to 2HKO bulky Water-types such as Rotom-W and Slowbro with Freeze-Dry. Maximum Speed and a Naive nature lets Mamoswine Speed tie with Gallade before it Mega Evolves and outspeed Breloom and Dragonite. 29 HP IVs reduce Life Orb recoil by 1 point.
And Weavile also hits a Life Orb number with 29 HP IVs, but the spread makes no mention of this.

KidMagic said:
Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

The EV spread gives Weavile the most power and Speed needed for hitting hard and quick, a dire prerequisite due to its frailty. A Jolly nature lets Weavile outspeed other fast Pokemon such as Starmie, Latios, and Gengar

The Life Orb Mamoswine description mentions a 29 HP IV for a life orb number, but doesn't have the IV listed under the nature, while the spreads for Latios and Starmie do.
And Weavile also hits a Life Orb number with 29 HP IVs, but the spread makes no mention of this.
So do Breloom, Excadrill, Lucario

1) Mega Gyarados should always run Max Speed because that extra 4 EVs will never help you survive any extra hits ever while it can help you to at least Speed tie with opposing Mega Gyarados.

2) Mention Flygonal's Bulky Mega Scizor spread: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 44+ Def / 188 SpD. Reasons are given on the first page of the thread.

3) Mention that Gyarados can opt to run 196 Spe with a Jolly Nature to outpace base 135s at +1.

4) You forgot to list Mega Swampert's Specially Defensive set: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD (Careful Nature).

Last edited:
1) Mega Gyarados should always run Max Speed because that extra 4 EVs will never help you survive any extra hits ever while it can help you to at least Speed tie with opposing Mega Gyarados.

2) Mention Flygonal's Bulky Mega Scizor spread: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 44+ Def / 188 SpD. Reasons are given on the first page of the thread.

3) Mention that Gyarados can opt to run 196 Spe with a Jolly Nature to outpace base 135s at +1.

4) You forgot to list Mega Swampert's Specially Defensive set: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD (Careful Nature).
1) k

2)k

3)k

4)please realize that i didn't forget anything. as i stated before i only added sets that were found in the actual dex. can anyone second the SpD Mega Swampert set?

the crocune set has too many evs for it to actually work
Nothing wrong with it imo.

240 + 252 + 16
= 252 + 240 + 16
= 252 + 240 + (12 + 4)
= 252 + (240 + 12) + 4
= 252 + 252 + 4

On another note, can you add Mega Garchomp's Swords Dance set?

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

This allows it to OHKO Hippowdon at +2 after Rocks 50% of the time. Max Speed with a boosting Nature allows Mega Garchomp to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, such as neutral-natured base 100s and Kyurem-B. Max Attack for maximum damage output.

Just had a glance through the rankings and noticed:

1) You made a mistake in Mixed Thundurus's spread. It should be 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe not 180 SpD

2) Bulky SD Scizor: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD (Impish Nature)

- The spread allows Scizor to survive a 2HKO from LO Weavile's Knock Off after Stealth Rocks barring a crit, so you can safely Roost to stay healthy for later. It also walls Mega Metagross with SR up and Timid Mega Gardevoir fails to KO with a combination Hyper Voice + Focus Blast, but this is without hazards up. a more specially defensive spread can be run if Gardevoir is deemed the biggest threat and would also help with Gengar.

3) Is SD Feraligatr a thing in OU?

4) Curse Gastrodon with the same EV spread as Physically Defensive deserves a mention. It allows you to set up on things like Excadrill, Talonflame, Zard-X, Bisharp and Keldeo.

p2

Banned deucer.
Where's Mega Pidgoet?

All Out Attacker

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

Maximizes Pidgeot's damage output and Speed allowing it to outspeed the likes of Starmie, Raikou, and Alakazam while also speed tying with Tornadus-T.

Stallbreaker
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

Same thing as above

Stallbreaker
224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

Bulkier variant of Stallbreaker Pidgeot that lets it set up easily, 32 SpA EVs allow it to 2HKO Chansey at +6 while Speed investment allows Pidgeot to outspeed Starmie, Raikou, and Alakazam and also Speed tie with Tornadus-T.

I think that Cresselia might be worth adding to this thread, but I don't know what rank Cresselia is. (I can't find a viability ranking list for OU) Also, is there a thread similar to this, that calculates Uber Pokemon?
Edit: Found the Uber thread.

Cobalion (currently a C+ monster) is missing whereas others C+ pokemons are there such as Conkeldurr

Offensive pivot
144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature

The 144 HP EVs allow Cobalion to survive an Earthquake from Excadrill and take it out with Close Combat while the Attack EVs ensure an OHKO on Mega Gardevoir with Iron Head and 2HKOs on Ferrothorn and specially defensive Heatran with Close Combat after Stealth Rock damage. Leftovers is chosen to keep Cobalion healthy as it switches into foes throughout the match.

or even​

Bulky pivot
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly nature

An alternate EV spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD and a Jolly nature can be run, letting Cobalion tank a Focus Blast from Timid Mega Gardevoir while avoiding the 2HKO from Life Orb Latios's Hidden Power Fire most of the time.

Cobalion (currently a C+ monster) is missing whereas others C+ pokemons are there such as Conkeldurr

Offensive pivot
144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature

The 144 HP EVs allow Cobalion to survive an Earthquake from Excadrill and take it out with Close Combat while the Attack EVs ensure an OHKO on Mega Gardevoir with Iron Head and 2HKOs on Ferrothorn and specially defensive Heatran with Close Combat after Stealth Rock damage. Leftovers is chosen to keep Cobalion healthy as it switches into foes throughout the match.

or even​

Bulky pivot
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly nature

An alternate EV spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD and a Jolly nature can be run, letting Cobalion tank a Focus Blast from Timid Mega Gardevoir while avoiding the 2HKO from Life Orb Latios's Hidden Power Fire most of the time.
If you are adding Cobalion, you might as well add the Sub SD set. 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe. Albacore posted this in the VR thread a few weeks back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)