Resource ORAS OU EV Spread Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I posted Cobalion's Bulky pivot with a mistake: it is not 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe but 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD (not Spe which is speed)

Mistake seen after a couple of calcs with the calculator, sorry.

i don't like how there's only 1 spread listed for each set for pretty much everything here. if that's the case, why wouldn't someone just check the smogdex where they can see a few alternative options sometimes? also, it kinda seems like a lot of these descriptions were c/p'd off the smogdex, further supporting that point.

here's a few things i think are worth adding:
  • for azelf's suicide lead set, i'd just make note that if you aren't running fire blast or any special moves, you can run 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe jolly.
  • for azumarill's choice band set, i'd mention running 160 or 168 speed to outrun base 70s (like the BD set), and for the BD set, i'd mention running 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe for low speed (mainly defensive) mega scizor variants.
  • for clefable's tankfable set, mention running like 184 speed to outspeed defensive steels like skarmory. this probably isn't the most optimal speed EV #, but it's fine ;p
  • for mega diancie's offensive set, it's worth mentioning running 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe to have a much higher chance (68.8%) of OHKOing mega gardevoir.
  • for ferrothorn, it might be worth mentioning a spread with more spdef for things like gengar, but the only spread i have on me is EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD careful. idk what this spread does or where it came from :x
  • you can remove gothitelle now that it's banned ofc ^^
  • for hawlucha, i'd flip the attack and speed EVs. there's no reason not to run full speed on the thing... you don't want to get outsped by opposing hawluchas (as uncommon as that'd be).
  • same thing i said for hawlucha applies to heatran's choice scarf set: just flip the spatk and speed EVs.
  • i'd mention that hydreigon's revenge killer set is referring to choice scarf (if it is lol).
  • for kingdra's choice specs set, just throw those 28 HP EVs into speed and defense, and for its mixed wallbreaker set, just flip the speed and spatk EVs. these changes follow the same principle as what i suggested with hawlucha and heatran :p
  • under landorus-t's offensive pivot set, i'd mention a spread with 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe adamant. this spread's from the smogdex, and all it's for when you need more bulk, given that you're willing to sacrifice some speed. specifically, it outspeeds and takes a hit from +1 adamant bisharp.
  • for scizor's choice band set, it's worth mentioning an alternative spread of like 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe or 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe (both with adamant nature). the second one outspeeds all the smogdex spreads for azumarill, and the first one outspeeds all those + 212 speed azumarill. this allows you to hit azu with a bullet punch before it can hit an aqua jet. it also outspeeds skarmory, which is nice for picking off weakened ones with superpower.
  • for skarmory (mainly the spdef set), it's worth mentioning running 32 speed if you're carrying taunt. this helps with azu and other skarms basically :p
there are a few other spreads for other things on here, but pretty much all of the ones i didn't mention are ones i have, but i have no idea what they actually do lol. like i'm pretty sure there's a more optimal spread for specs sylveon, and i have a spread for bulky SD talon with like 40 speed EVs, but i don't know what either of these things do, for example.

hopefully you don't take this a criticism :x i really love the concept of this thread, and i just wanted to help patch it up a bit in a few regards. you did very good job here overall n_n

So I've implemented all of m00ns suggestions save for the ferrothorn bit.

Are there any more suggestions from others? As for Talonflame I changed the spread to 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe as its generally more widely used I belive as being able to outrun neutral base 100's is a big boon for it.

Slash Adamant Nature on Mamoswine since it
1) OHKOes Torn-T after Stealth Rock which Jolly can't
2) Has a chance to 2HKO bulky SD Mega Scizor without Stealth Rock. Jolly only 3HKOes.
3) Has a much higher chance to 2HKO SpD Skarmory after Rocks. Jolly has only 9% chance.
4) Gives Ice Shard a nice boost against fast foes such as Mega Beedrill, Latios and Mega Aerodactyl

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 226-268 (68 - 80.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 157-187 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 149-177 (44.6 - 52.9%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 226-268 (75 - 89%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 188-224 (69.3 - 82.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 218-257 (72.4 - 85.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 205-244 (61.7 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 142-169 (41.3 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 136-161 (40.7 - 48.2%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 205-244 (68.1 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 173-204 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 198-234 (65.7 - 77.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Hi.

So it's been long due for some cleaning and I have done so. I've removed a couple niche / unviable sets like Defensive Sylveon and SD + Tailwind Mega Charizard because they're bad on a whole and fixed EV Spreads.

If there is anything anyone would like to add / discuss feel free

Hi, just suggesting you to add this

EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature

"Bold nature and EVs are chosen instead of the standard spread so that she can handle physical attackers better avoiding OHKOs from Bandzor and unboosted bisharp as well as beating all variants of opposing lopunny and latios 1-1. 40SPD is so that after 1 calm mind non speced Flash cannon and sludge wave cant 2hko you." - CoC
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Clefable: 153-183 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 176 Def Clefable: 177-211 (44.9 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 176 Def Clefable: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Clefable: 172-204 (43.6 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Clefable: 294-348 (74.6 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 176 Def Clefable: 338-398 (85.7 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Hi, just suggesting you to add this

EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature

"Bold nature and EVs are chosen instead of the standard spread so that she can handle physical attackers better avoiding OHKOs from Bandzor and unboosted bisharp as well as beating all variants of opposing lopunny and latios 1-1. 40SPD is so that after 1 calm mind non speced Flash cannon and sludge wave cant 2hko you." - CoC
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Clefable: 153-183 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 176 Def Clefable: 177-211 (44.9 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 176 Def Clefable: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Clefable: 172-204 (43.6 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Clefable: 294-348 (74.6 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 176 Def Clefable: 338-398 (85.7 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
sure, seems legit

p2

Banned deucer.

228 Def / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature

228 defense evs allow azelf to survive fake out + return from mega lopunny 100% of the time barring crits. 28 spa evs gives a 50% chance to ohko naive mega diancie with hp steel and the speed investment outspeeds everything up to raikou and starmie.

Choice Band Hoopa-U
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly nature

max attack to wallbreak effectively and 252 speed allows hoopa-u to speed tie with gardevoir prior to mega evolving, mega altaria, and also outspeeds threats such as mega heracross and bisharp.

Choice Scarf Hoopa-U
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

maximum speed investment with a choice scarf allows hoopa-u to outspeed the likes of mega lopunny and mega manectric while a hasty nature prevents psychic from being weakened.

Choice Specs Hoopa-U
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

maximum special attack allows hoopa to wallbreak effectively and is capable of even 2hkoing chansey with psyshock. max speed ties with opposing hoopa-u, garde pre-mega, and mega altaria.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of "Bulky Azelf" wouldn't a 220 Defense, 36 Atk and 252 speed with Normal Gem be okay too?
220 are enough in order to avoid the 2hko from Mega Lopunny (Return does at best 208, while Fake Out 82, leaving Azelf with a single HP worst case scenario), Iron Tail has a 75% chance to ohko Diancie regardless of nature due to the accuracy, and with 36 atk evs Azelf can ohko (14/16) 252 hp Azumarill after Stealth Rocks with Explosion, Iron tail also helps against Clefable, since HP Steel+ Explosion aren't enough to kill it, leaving Clefable to recover from the damage, with Iron Tail Azelf isn't forced on any sheaningans.
This assuming we are talking of a Stealth Rocks, Explosion, Skill Swap, Iron Tail suicide set.

228 Def / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature

228 defense evs allow azelf to survive fake out + return from mega lopunny 100% of the time barring crits. 28 spa evs gives a 50% chance to ohko naive mega diancie with hp steel and the speed investment outspeeds everything up to raikou and starmie.

Choice Band Hoopa-U
Jolly nature

max attack to wallbreak effectively and 252 speed allows hoopa-u to speed tie with gardevoir prior to mega evolving, mega altaria, and also outspeeds threats such as mega heracross and bisharp.

Choice Scarf Hoopa-U
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

maximum speed investment with a choice scarf allows hoopa-u to outspeed the likes of mega lopunny and mega manectric while a hasty nature prevents psychic from being weakened.

Choice Specs Hoopa-U
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

maximum special attack allows hoopa to wallbreak effectively and is capable of even 2hkoing chansey with psyshock. max speed ties with opposing hoopa-u, garde pre-mega, and mega altaria.
so for Azelf's dedicated lead set I simply replaced it with the one mentioned here since if you're gonna run it, it's necessary to run that spread. all the hoopa sets were added.

Speaking of "Bulky Azelf" wouldn't a 220 Defense, 36 Atk and 252 speed with Normal Gem be okay too?
220 are enough in order to avoid the 2hko from Mega Lopunny (Return does at best 208, while Fake Out 82, leaving Azelf with a single HP worst case scenario), Iron Tail has a 75% chance to ohko Diancie regardless of nature due to the accuracy, and with 36 atk evs Azelf can ohko (14/16) 252 hp Azumarill after Stealth Rocks with Explosion, Iron tail also helps against Clefable, since HP Steel+ Explosion aren't enough to kill it, leaving Clefable to recover from the damage, with Iron Tail Azelf isn't forced on any sheaningans.
This assuming we are talking of a Stealth Rocks, Explosion, Skill Swap, Iron Tail suicide set.
Skill Swap is bad and Iron Tail is very inaccurate (key point) which makes it undesirable as it's crucial to hit it. Yeah there's a bit of merit in it, but not enough for it's own set.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I can agree with Iron Tail being shaky but why would Skill Swap on Azelf be bad? 220 Defense evs aren't useful only vs Lopunny, Foul Play on Mega Sableye now only has a 31% chance to ohko, I could understand if Azelf had 0 defense evs, so Fake Out+Knock Off kills it, regardless, but if you give it 220 defense evs for Lopunny you also get to survive this attack and set up Stealth Rocks.
Granted, I might have a bias for the move, since I only see Azelf on the ladder were Skill Swap is the most used fourth move but I wouldn't call it bad, even after the Mega Sableye hype is gone.

regardless of accuracy, iron tail being mentioned is worthwhile. if you're running taunt + rocks + explosion, i don't see a reason to run hidden power steel > iron tail outside of accuracy, so it really comes down to preference. anyways, that isn't really something worth discussing here, but it does tie into my next point...

what's the harm in including a couple of spreads for azelf? the more offensively inclined azelf spread for fire blast (on the smogdex) is still worthwhile because some teams are gonna prefer their azelf checking ferrothorn / w.e other steel > mega lopunny. you might as well include that spread in addition to the one p2 posted; just simply say that one is for bulk for mega lopunny and the other is for the fire blast benchmarks. then, at the bottom, you can just put something at the bottom mentioning to run 36 attack if you're running iron tail > HP steel (for the bulkier spreads).

also, skill swap isn't that bad, but this isn't the place to debate that .-.

Infernal

Banned deucer.
Gastrodon - Curse is missing the spread from the analysis: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD with a Sassy nature. As the analysis describes, the added special defense allows Gastro to take attacks from threats like Mega Diancie and Mega Zam more easily. Since Gastro will be boosting with Curse, being able to take special hits better makes its life easier when setting up.

Gliscor - Consider adding a physical defensive spread, such as 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe with Impish. This makes Glisc a better answer to physical threats like Exca, Bisharp, Terrakion, and Mega Lop / Mega Gross lacking ice coverage. The EVs make you faster than Jolly Bisharp and allow Glisc to survive a +1 Flare Blitz from Zard-X. This spread also makes Gliscor a better overall answer to Talon, especially because these variants now often run Stone Edge or Rock Slide.

Terrakion - Choice Band could possibly be added here, with a standard spread of 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe and Jolly nature. While the set currently isn't onsite, it's being written up here. Although it doesn't have the freedom to freely switch moves like LO, the greater immediate power from CB can make the item an appealing option on some teams.

Mamoswine - While I prefer Jolly myself, an Adamant nature is worth adding for the reasons mentioned by Random Passerby here. As a summary, the power increase gives Mamo higher chances to 2HKO Mega Sciz and SpD Skarm, while killing standard Torn-T after SR with Ice Shard.

Mega Gyarados - Very small detail: the description under DD mentions 252 speed EVs, while the actual listed spread has 248 speed EVs. Because the description under Mega Gyara currently lacks this, I would emphasize how Jolly prevents you from being revenge killed so easily by notable threats like Mega Lop and Mega Manec. The less common Mega Beedrill and Mega Sceptile also fall under this category.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.
Noticed AV Metagross was missing from the compendium. It's one of the notable trends from the past few months and is worth adding. An entry like this could work:

Assault Vest
252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature

With this spread and AV equipped, Metagross makes use of its good bulk and resistances to compress numerous roles into one and check several notable threats. These threats include Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir, Clefable, and Latios. The given EVs provide enough bulk to avoid a 2HKO from Mega Alakazam's Shadow Ball, allowing Metagross to perform the trapping role more effectively.

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I noticed that Zygarde was missing from the EV spread list so I've decided to you know, talk about Zygarde's EV spreads.

Dragon Dance
Adamant Nature

Maximum Attack investment with an Adamant Nature helps provide Zygarde with better sweeping potential after a Dragon Dance. Maximum Speed investment helps Zygarde speed tie with neutral Kyurem-Black, and can also outspeed neutral Mega Garchomp and Landorus-T.

SubCoil
200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature

56 Speed EVs allow Zygarde to outspeed Bisharp and Earthquake it before Bisharp can Knock Off Zygarde's item. Maximum Special Defense investment maximize Zygarde's special bulk, helping it set up Substitutes on weaker special attackers. It also has enough HP to create 101 HP Substitutes, helping it tank two Seismic Tosses.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Submitting a spread of 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD Careful/Sassy for Ferrothorn. This spread avoids the 2HKO from mild LO Kyurem-B's Ice Beam after Stealth Rock when using Shed Shell, allowing Ferrothorn to come in on it and guarantee a para on it, and it has a HP stat which is not divisible by 4, allowing it to switch into 3 layers of Spikes 4 times if it takes no damage (not realistic, but on the off-chance that it actually happens somehow).

Also as there is no Meloetta spread on here I thought I migt as well submit one. 224 Atk / 52 SpA / 232 Spe hasty for MixedMelo allows it to outpace Jolly Weavile and allows it to guarantee that Psychic-->Relic Song KOs max HP Landorus-T after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery in Aria forme, with me choosing the Leftovers benchmark as opposed to Rocky Helmet is because it also allows it to net the KO versus Helmet variants with a little bit of SpD investment, and Hasty>Naive to make better use of Meloetta-A's good special bulk when switching in. If Quick Attack is used in the filler slot, a spread of 216 Atk / 52 SpA / 240 Spe hasty is preferred as it allows Meloetta to pick off weakened jolly Talonflame before they can use Brave Bird while retaining this same offensive benchmark.

Submitting a spread of 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD Careful/Sassy for Ferrothorn. This spread avoids the 2HKO from mild LO Kyurem-B's Ice Beam after Stealth Rock when using Shed Shell, allowing Ferrothorn to come in on it and guarantee a para on it, and it has a HP stat which is not divisible by 4, allowing it to switch into 3 layers of Spikes 4 times if it takes no damage (not realistic, but on the off-chance that it actually happens somehow).

Also as there is no Meloetta spread on here I thought I migt as well submit one. 224 Atk / 52 SpA / 232 Spe hasty for MixedMelo allows it to outpace Jolly Weavile and allows it to guarantee that Psychic-->Relic Song KOs max HP Landorus-T after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery in Aria forme, with me choosing the Leftovers benchmark as opposed to Rocky Helmet is because it also allows it to net the KO versus Helmet variants with a little bit of SpD investment, and Hasty>Naive to make better use of Meloetta-A's good special bulk when switching in. If Quick Attack is used in the filler slot, a spread of 216 Atk / 52 SpA / 240 Spe hasty is preferred as it allows Meloetta to pick off weakened jolly Talonflame before they can use Brave Bird while retaining this same offensive benchmark.
okay

posting for astroboy since he's ban_ned

Sharpen
180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
lets you do everything phys inclined mdiancie does like eat up spdef fatties but you also land an ohko on latios and bisharp now.

Defensive
252 HP / 144 Def / 92 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
avoids 2hko from mlop after rocks, takes two specs icy winds from specs keldeo at full after sand damage, speed evs creeps cm bro.

SubToxic
248 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
creeps everything up to gyarados and retains mandatory bulk.

CroCune
252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
creeps 8 speed landt and 44 spe washtom to rest / scald them before they remove it if anyone still runs that.

Hi, so this is open for session and I've overhauled quite a bit of this such as revamping spreads and removing unviable sets/spreads. I plan on ranking the individual sets by viability according to the sets viability rankings later on some time. Anything you think I should / shouldn't add just say so :)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
At work so I'll just do a quick one

Please do the following:

Gardevoir main Nature should probably be Timid, also the description needs to be updated (mentions 24 Def EVs)

Add max HP (248, w.e) max Speed Heatran. Choice Scarf should have max speed as well

Add Mega Heras new spread

Can give a longer look at a later point. I think Gyarados runs a different spread now BTW... I remember using a spread like that in DPP lol. Forget the new spread the but I'll come back with it

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
the gyarados spread mentions that its running enough speed to outspeed noivern at +1 which is a huge red flag to me that the spread needs to be changed. Noivern isnt really a relevant benchmark, and it also has jolly slashed when its not running max which is confusing if its meant to creep something

At work so I'll just do a quick one

Please do the following:

Gardevoir main Nature should probably be Timid, also the description needs to be updated (mentions 24 Def EVs)

Add max HP (248, w.e) max Speed Heatran. Choice Scarf should have max speed as well

Add Mega Heras new spread

Can give a longer look at a later point. I think Gyarados runs a different spread now BTW... I remember using a spread like that in DPP lol. Forget the new spread the but I'll come back with it
Did this and the bulky heatran spread really isn't deserving of a singular set, i just placed it as an alternative under offensive stallbreaker. For right now I changed the gyarados spread to the one mcchegan posted in the creative sets (chestoresto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)