ORAS OU Reservation Index V3

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I forgot that there was a rule against editing posts in this thread

After an argument about Inner Focus vs. Justified, if you're thinking Bisharp is a valid reason to be running Justified:
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. -2 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario: 221-261 (78.6 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is an OHKO after Stealth Rock (3.125%) and two Close Combats (-20% due to Life Orb recoil and -2 Defense), and that's Jolly Bisharp. Lucario is too frail to be taking advantage of Justified.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lucario uses it to get a boost when switching in on KOffs/Crunches not to boost on Sucker Punches after 2 CCs... getting a boost off of unboosted Weavile or Bisharp isnt particularly uncommon considering that they cant really touch you outside of Low Kick anyway, making Justified more consistent for its purpose.

Would reserving Scyther be possible?

... I know what people are about to say, but the main niche that Scyther has is being a worse Talonflame, while having a ridiculously powerful U-Turn in STAB. It also doesn't take Recoil damage, and has access to Brick Break/Rock Smash (Which is really a waste of space, but I thought it could be worth mentioning) to deal with the likes of Tyrannitar and Heatran.

Feel free to reject this if you feel like it's waaaaay too horrible of an idea,

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Would reserving Scyther be possible?

... I know what people are about to say, but the main niche that Scyther has is being a worse Talonflame, while having a ridiculously powerful U-Turn in STAB. It also doesn't take Recoil damage, and has access to Brick Break/Rock Smash (Which is really a waste of space, but I thought it could be worth mentioning) to deal with the likes of Tyrannitar and Heatran.

Feel free to reject this if you feel like it's waaaaay too horrible of an idea,
Scyther isn't viable for a number of reasons that I can explain more in depth if you would like in a pm or on PS.

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I know someone asked about Volcarona, but it's been over a month now and Icing might have lost interest.

Seeing Bulky Volcarona in several Spl matches, for example in Ben Gay vs CBB (Week 3) or also in Jamvad vs Daftmau5 (Week 2) I looked for an analysis on it, but couldn't find one.
There is only the 72 HP offensive set, so I want to do it.
Can I do a revamp of Volcarona ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)