Project ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (See post #362)

Lord Sample Team wins (again!)
Your next core is:
+
+

RawMelon's defensive core of Stunfisk+Tangela+Grumpig, where Grumpig catches Fire- and Ice- type attacks aimed at the former two, Tangela walls a ton of physical mons, and Stunfisk walls most of what the other two don't. As usual, I recommend the sets given, but feel free to go wild. I can see everything from full stall to bulky offense with these mons (since Tangela can be offensive or defensive, Stunfisk can kinda go offensive (?), and Grumpig has too many sets, including fast, powerful ones.) Have fun building!

and also its kinda walled by CroMuk ಥ_ಥ

Last edited:
Bouffalant Bulky Offense

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

I started with the required core of Stunfisk, Tangela and Grumpig but made a few adjustments to the sets to fit my team. First of all I changed Stunfisk to the regular defensive spread to take on Monferno better and I made Grumpig max speed because this team is pretty slow. With the solid defensive core already built I looked at things that could beat it and Boomburst looked like a problem so I added Bouffalant. This also gave me a second bulky breaker and win condition that can power through a lot of opposing bulky teams. Another threat that came to mind was Articuno as it can 1v1 Grumpig under certain circumstances so I added Toxic Cryogonal as a good counter and this also gave me hazard removal for the team as it can be weak to things like T-spikes. Lastly, Monferno is there as a good check to cacturne and a nice pivot so I can bring in my set-up sweepers. Overall the team is pretty slow but it can check a lot of things in the Metagame and it is a great build for destroying opposing bulkier teams.

Ok so lets agree to not use 3 mon cores again? :P So for this build I went with bulky offense, while is not my cup of tea I felt it was what used the most out of the core. So the core's sets were outdated,
so the first thing I did was change the EVs and a few of the moves. I changed Fisk to Max hp and 176def 80 sp atk bold nature to be able to nom nom monferno while the 80 sp atk is a 80% guarantee chance to 3hko muks which are very nice odds, it also has a chance to OHKO cacturne with rocks and a LO recoil. I added Sludge Wave so that it doesn't invite grasses and it also prevents rotom F from coming in for free and it can break its subs . Next Max def Tangela to be our Normal "resist" and to handle Leafeon better without weakening our Monf. I went with Giga, sludge bomb, sleeping powder, and toxic over knock off just because Tangela invites Bouff and if it gets a free sub it spells doom for the team. The Pig stayed the same to be our wincon and sp wallish. So after looking at the core Cacturne still remained a huge threat, so I added Monf to be a hard check to it and to provide a much needed priority user for this slow fat team. Now for our destruction of worlds Rotom F, I opted for pain split for a couple of reasons. One is the best set duh, the team is also very slow so your opponent would think he is your speed control and you get free subs for days, and lastly it helps break down everything for a pig sweep. It is just an amazing mon that is very hard to take down. It also works as our Articuno counter which otherwise would destroy our team. Lastly I needed a defogger for sure because I did not want to get pressured by offense and I also needed a water check so the best defogger to ever exist fit the bill. Standard Lumineon with HP Grass to actually beat water mons since I cant pivot into a RKer with this team. Overall is a pretty nice team but it does need some solid predictions to beat some threats. Cheers!
Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpA
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
- Sleep Powder

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Pain Split

The 1 (Lumineon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog

Last edited:
And vote!
And also if you live in America and you're over 18 remember to actually vote as well on Tuesday.
x.x
Bouffalant Bulky Offense

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tangela @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

I started with the required core of Stunfisk, Tangela and Grumpig but made a few adjustments to the sets to fit my team. First of all I changed Stunfisk to the regular defensive spread to take on Monferno better and I made Grumpig max speed because this team is pretty slow. With the solid defensive core already built I looked at things that could beat it and Boomburst looked like a problem so I added Bouffalant. This also gave me a second bulky breaker and win condition that can power through a lot of opposing bulky teams. Another threat that came to mind was Articuno as it can 1v1 Grumpig under certain circumstances so I added Toxic Cryogonal as a good counter and this also gave me hazard removal for the team as it can be weak to things like T-spikes. Lastly, Monferno is there as a good check to cacturne and a nice pivot so I can bring in my set-up sweepers. Overall the team is pretty slow but it can check a lot of things in the Metagame and it is a great build for destroying opposing bulkier teams.

Ok so lets agree to not use 3 mon cores again? :P So for this build I went with bulky offense, while is not my cup of tea I felt it was what used the most out of the core. So the core's sets were outdated,
so the first thing I did was change the EVs and a few of the moves. I changed Fisk to Max hp and 176def 80 sp atk bold nature to be able to nom nom monferno while the 80 sp atk is a 80% guarantee chance to 3hko muks which are very nice odds, it also has a chance to OHKO cacturne with rocks and a LO recoil. I added Sludge Wave so that it doesn't invite grasses and it also prevents rotom F from coming in for free and it can break its subs . Next Max def Tangela to be our Normal "resist" and to handle Leafeon better without weakening our Monf. I went with Giga, sludge bomb, sleeping powder, and toxic over knock off just because Tangela invites Bouff and if it gets a free sub it spells doom for the team. The Pig stayed the same to be our wincon and sp wallish. So after looking at the core Cacturne still remained a huge threat, so I added Monf to be a hard check to it and to provide a much needed priority user for this slow fat team. Now for our destruction of worlds Rotom F, I opted for pain split for a couple of reasons. One is the best set duh, the team is also very slow so your opponent would think he is your speed control and you get free subs for days, and lastly it helps break down everything for a pig sweep. It is just an amazing mon that is very hard to take down. It also works as our Articuno counter which otherwise would destroy our team. Lastly I needed a defogger for sure because I did not want to get pressured by offense and I also needed a water check so the best defogger to ever exist fit the bill. Standard Lumineon with HP Grass to actually beat water mons since I cant pivot into a RKer with this team. Overall is a pretty nice team but it does need some solid predictions to beat some threats. Cheers!
Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpA
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
- Sleep Powder

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Pain Split

The 1 (Lumineon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog

Don't worry people, no more 3 mon cores. This was a mistake for the most part. And ofc, 1 vote this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)