Gen 6 ORAS Ubers Viability Ranking Thread

Which is your favourite new Mega Evolution to use in Ubers?

• Mega Salamence

Votes: 415 61.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 56 8.3%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 45 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 100 14.9%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 56 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the general opinion on Reshiram's placement? I really do wonder how it has any relevance in the current metagame when it's slow, has little defensive synergy and is overall completely outclassed by Kyurem-W. Perma-Sun being dead just blows for it, it's hard to fit onto a team and anything Reshiram can do, Kyurem-W can do with much greater success. The real question, though: is it bad enough to drop to D? I myself can see Reshiram dropping to D, but I'd like to stir up some discussion, since I don't think it's good enough to fit in the C-ranks.
I Need to agreed that Reshiram is outclassed by K-W, BUT, i don't think he is bad enough to drop to D, he still avaiable to some teams (like Sun based teams) and he have some cool strategys, (Scarf Over heat exemple) But in the end, rank D is an avaiable rank to Reshiram.

I Need to agreed that Reshiram is outclassed by K-W, BUT, i don't think he is bad enough to drop to D, he still avaiable to some teams (like Sun based teams) and he have some cool strategys, (Scarf Over heat exemple) But in the end, rank D is an avaiable rank to Reshiram.
Blue Flare has the same power as Overheat and can burn. White Kyurem is overall a better Scarfer thanks to its slightly higher Speed and higher SAtk, as well as having more spammable STABs. Ho-Oh and (I guess) Blaziken are the Fire-types of choice when it comes to Sun teams, but since Groudon often runs Red Orb and as such, is used in its Primal Reversion, dedicated Sun teams are much rarer.
There's just nothing Reshiram can separate itself with that isn't a role in which another Pokémon does it better. Reshiram for D.

While I don't play Ubers much, I can see a few qualities in Reshiram that could possibly keep it out of D rank. Firstly it can check Ho-Oh, being able to switch into Sacred Fire for days, and being able to live non CB Brave Birds, while being able to take it out with Stone Edge. Plus being neutral to Fairy is nice if you need an emergency check to LO Xerenas.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
While I don't play Ubers much, I can see a few qualities in Reshiram that could possibly keep it out of D rank. Firstly it can check Ho-Oh, being able to switch into Sacred Fire for days, and being able to live non CB Brave Birds, while being able to take it out with Stone Edge. Plus being neutral to Fairy is nice if you need an emergency check to LO Xerenas.
It literally switches into Leftovers Ho-oh(arguably the least viable set) once, and even then it's not loving life:

0 Atk Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Reshiram: 162-192 (47.5 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Plus if you switch it into Ho-oh you defeat the purpose of running Stone Edge because any half competent player will realise what you're up to.

On the subject of LO Xern, yeah I guess it can revenge kill it but it's certainly not coming in on Moonblast even with a Fairy neutrality.

252+ SpA Life Orb Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Reshiram: 255-302 (74.7 - 88.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I don't mean to be harsh cos I really like Reshiram design-wise and wish it was more viable, but honestly, there hasn't been a single team out of the many decent and not so decent efforts I've made this gen where I've ever considered using Reshiram because there's always been something that did it better. I've also tried building around it, but when you actually look at it, it doesn't have that many positive traits for you to work off. Sadly I think it belongs in D Rank.

Reshiram should be moved down to D-Rank. It loses to everything in S and A+ Rank thanks to its combination of an SR weakness, terrible defensive-typing and poor speed. Its typing in particular is extremely awful because it doesn't have the benefits of either its Fire or Dragon typing (no Fairy and water resistance for example) while also inheriting the weaknesses of both (Ground Weakness, Dragon Weakness, SR weakness, etc.). Its an ineffective Scarf user due to it's STAB moves having a multitude of switch-ins in the current metagame and normal offensive sets suffer from having virtually no switch-in opportunities, a predictable moveset, and a SR weakness. Only reason this mon shouldn't move down to d-rank is that it doesn't have the insane amount of opportunity cost that the current D-Rank mons do, but that's it.

What's the general opinion on Reshiram's placement? I really do wonder how it has any relevance in the current metagame when it's slow, has little defensive synergy and is overall completely outclassed by Kyurem-W. Perma-Sun being dead just blows for it, it's hard to fit onto a team and anything Reshiram can do, Kyurem-W can do with much greater success. The real question, though: is it bad enough to drop to D? I myself can see Reshiram dropping to D, but I'd like to stir up some discussion, since I don't think it's good enough to fit in the C-ranks.
Reshiram doesn't face competition just from kyu-w. It also has to compete with palkia who had a better typing as no rock weakness or a ground weakness and palkia has a better speed tier in 100 which is rather nice in ubers outpacing the crowded 90-99. Another thing it has to compete with is lati@s which again have better defensive synergy a better speed tier and not sr weak. So yeah drop it to D rank.

Reshiram is the pokemon that got hurt the most by the release of Primal Groudon and Kyogre, since sun support is now officially dead in ubers (except for those very specific teams that would rather use vanilla Groudon over P-Don) and abusing sun was its main niche. I suppose it can still run its Tailwind set which lets it support its team midgame and sweep lategame, but it's easier said than done.
I honestly don't see any reason to keep it above D rank at this point. All the other C- ranked mons have more defined niches compared to Reshiram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)