ORAS UU ORAS UU Offensive

This is my first rmt so just lmk if i mess up somewhere and i will do my best to fix.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Protect

Mega of the team and just a complete powerhouse as well as one of my personal favorites. This pokemon serves as a sweeper with poison jab as well as part of my volttrun core with raikou. Poison jab is stab and good for fairies while u-turn is stab and part of the voltturn combo. Drillrun allows me to hit arcanine and aggron while protect allows free mega evolution and is good for scouting.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Part 2/2 of voltturn and specs tears through so many pokes. Raikou is fast and strong and is my main special attacker. Voltswitch is for scouting/escaping while thunderbolt destroys anything that doesn't resist it. Hp ice is for hitting ground types who otherwise destroy raikou. Shadow ball hits rachi and alakazam and gives good nuetral coverage on a lot of pokes.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

For a revenge killer i picked mienshao because of the raw power offered by high jump kick. adamant nature + reckless makes this thing hit like a tank. HJK is stab and deals massive damage to anything that doesn't resist. U-turn is for gaining momentum and knock off is a staple move allowing me to beat other scarfers. Stone edge is for flying types which would otherwise resist HJK and u-turn.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Starmie serves multiple roles being a water resist and an offensive spinner. Its speed allows me to get a quick rapid spin off against most other pokemon. Rapid spin is for removing hazards which annoy beedrill while recover gives me the longevity allowing me to switch into scalds. Hydro pump is a strong stab which hits fire types like arcanine which annoy beedrill while ice beam allows me to hit flygon and noivern.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Krookodile is a good pursuit trapper with access to intimidate. I chose it because I wanted a ground type and a reliable pursuit trapper. Knock off is a must on dark types and pursuit is for catching rachi and alakazam as they try to switch out. Earthquake is stab and my only ground type move to hit electric types with. Stone edge is to hit mega aero and honchkrow which this thing can't touch otherwise. Dread plate is to boost the power of knock off and pursuit as well as to try and bluff the choice item.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt/Fire Punch
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock/Toxic

This thing is the glue of my team being my only dragon resist and only reliable fairy resist. This is a very good pivot switch with lefties for a bit of longevity. Iron head is stab and for flinching and fairies. Zen Headbutt is secondary stab and is for anything that resists iron head while fire punch hits steel types harder. Healing wish allows me to restore one of my sweepers like beedrill or raikou in case they get damaged or statused. Stealth Rock is a good move as entry hazards cause pressure and break sashes, however i rarely find myself using due to the offensive nature of this team. Toxic is for wearing down walls.

Im not sure which poke to replace for a flying or levitator because any fast ground type causes issues for my team and i ususally end up needing to sac to get the free switch into mienshao

If you are going to run healing wish on jirachi maybe try u-turn to go with it and for inititive.you could also replace heal wish with fire punch, replace stealth rock with u-turn an give rachi the choice scarf. this would change meinshao to your wall breaker by givig it the choice band. As for the ground problem, assualt vest hydreigon instead of Krookodile. AV hydreigon can be physical or special, depending on preference. you could also make the starmie a bit more bulky by changing its evs from 353speed to 252hp and make it modest if you want. otherwise, pretty solid team.

Last edited:
Hey Biscuits, cool volt turn team you got going on, but it could definitely be improved.
  • Jolly > Adamant Mienshao: Running adamant, while it gives you incredible power, allows you to get beaten by most other scarfers like Hydreigon and Jirachi. In this tier your scarfer should generally always have a + speed nature.
  • Your team looks really weak to Lucario right now so to help with this try out Jolly 240 Speed Krook to outspeed Jolly Lucario and either force it to espeed or try and CC while you KO it with EQ. Even at +2, Adamant LO Espeed doesn't OHKO Krook.
That's all I could find wrong with your sets, but if you want to fix your ground weakness I have a few suggestions that you could try out:
  • One thing that could work is Whimsicott over Raikou. Whimsicott resists ground moves and also has access to Uturn so you get to keep up your Volt Turn pressure. Whims is also great in conjunction with Krook because it lures in Jirachi which can then be Pursuit trapped. Whims also helps out with bulky waters and although it doesn't have anywhere near the same power as Raikou, you get some added utility in either Encore or Tailwind.
  • Another way to fix the ground weakness is running Blastoise + Crobat over Beedrill + Starmie. Crobat gives you that ground immunity that'll make your opponents think twice about using a ground move on your team while Blastoise is just the best spinner in the tier and also allows you to run Taunt Bat so that you can handle stall easier. Crobat also gives you a reliable fighting check which your team was really lacking before so that's also nice to have.
Cool team, hope I helped :]

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello,

I will make basic changes in order to maximize your team's potential. Every one of these changes are simple and effective. Feel free to implement them as you see fit:

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Protect

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shadow Ball

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Psyshock

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock/Toxic/Thunder Wave

King UU, sorry to burst your bubble d00d but that's not really how you rate. You have to actually give explanations as to why those changes are beneficial to the team, not just bold changes as you see fit, as what you're doing doesn't really give our friend Lord Biscuits any reason to take your suggestions, regardless if they're good or not. I'd look at the rate above yours as a pretty good example as to how you should rate in the future.

Now, as to my actual suggestions, I don't have much as Toenail covered it pretty well, but going off of his I'll add a few.

Your Jirachi set isn't really that great, as having Healing Wish on non Scarfrachi doesn't seem optimal thanks to its waste of coverage, and the fact that having it on a mon that is usually your main switch in to Fairy-types like Florges, Aromatisse, and Whimsicott really hampers you in the long run, even if Beedrill and Raikou will gradually get worn down. Having Toxic slashed with SR is questionable as well, as hazard support is needed on pretty much every team to help achieve kos and put pressure on pokemon weak to it. To fix this, I'd make your set the following;

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch / Body Slam
- Stealth Rock

This set is probably the most optimal right now, as U-turn on Jirachi makes for a really nice VoltTurn core with Raikou and Beedrill, wearing down each other's checks and keeping up offensive momentum. Fire Punch is probably a good thing to keep, as it lets you hit opposing Jirachi and Lucario for a lot of damage. Body Slam is an option too though, as paraflinch can really be a pain for bulky offensive teams to face.

I'll edit in the rest of my suggestions later cause i have to go afk for a few, but hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)