Paracore Viability?

Hi, I'm a little new here, so please excuse me if I've posted in the wrong place or done something atrocious format-wise.

On to the topic at hand, I've been fooling around for the past month with a Paralysis-spreading core in Under Used on Showdown.

The team is as follows:

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 176 Def / 236 HP / 96 Spd
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Pain Split

Aggron @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Flygon @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Kingdom (Kingdra) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Outrage

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Again, sorry if that's poor formatting.

The focus here is on Aggron and Mismagius. I think they have nice synergy (Mismagius almost completely stopping common Aggron switch-ins and taking those nasty Close Combats) as well as both having access to Thunder Wave, which obviously is the objective I had in mind when I went about making the team. Aggron gets up Rocks, T-Waves away, and then Mismagius supports it in the mission of spreading Paralysis throughout the enemy team.

Mismagius is a bit of a pivot-cleric, carrying the Heal Bell coincidentally just to Paralyze Umbreon and then Heal Bell the Synchronized Para. Speaking of Heal Bell, that move pretty much stops this strategy cold, as I have yet to go a game without loosing both Paralysis-spreading pokes.

So once the "Paracore" is gone, I have a cute little Double Dragon Core of Banded Flygon and a Set-up Kingdra. Scarfed Chandelure thins out walls, and the classic Suicune helps even the odds in a 4v6 with it's obnoxious antics. The whole team works out well simply by playing normally and using the speed-lowering properties of Paralysis. The Parahax are nice too, but if relied upon they generally underwhelm.

Like I alluded to, lowering the speed of the enemy is the main benefit here. While the team doesn't really appear to utilize this, Banded Flygon likes to come in on Paralyzed Chandy and fire off an EQ, and Raikou really don't like being trashed by Flygon either. Mismagius also has surprising effect on walls, as it heals itself of Toxic and can Pain Split whenever needed. Not to mention it also does a rough 30% with Shadow Ball to most non-resisting pokes. Aggron is a little underwhelming though, and any lack of prediction on my part tends to result in loosing it early. Head Smash and Heavy Slam do actually hit things like P2 and Umby surprisingly hard though. Still, it doesn't always pull through.

Regardless of how effective the team is, I'd like to try and expand upon the Paralysis-spreading core and maybe get some use with it on other teams. Possible candidates for analysis would be Togekiss and Druddigon, although I am a little wary of their synergy.

Anyways, any help with expanding the Paracore idea (or giving some team-building advice) would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! Unfortunately, this isn't the correct place to post a team, instead it's a forum to have various discussions on the Underused metagame. You can post in the RMT section of Smogon instead though; there, team raters will come by and give insightful advice on the problems your team faces and how to deal with them. Make sure you read the rules before posting however. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I'll try my best to assist you.

Welcome to Smogon Perennia ^.^

Hi there! Unfortunately, this isn't the correct place to post a team, instead it's a forum to have various discussions on the Underused metagame.
Oh, I'll go post the team over there.

However, I want to talk about the use of Paralysis-spreading as a main focus for creating cores in UU, and the team I posted was just to help elucidate my point. Thanks for the warm welcome though~ ^-^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)