ORAS UU Pink Mania

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pink Mania

Hello, this is a stall team I made today based around Blissey, Alomomola and Mandibuzz. It is quite solid with a few weaknesses, like if Krook pursuits Blissey then im quite open to Specs Sylveon and Specs Kyurem or any other hard hitting special attackers which isn't Hydreigon.

Building the Team

I started with this core as it covers all of the S rank mons bar Suicune and quite a few of other mons as Blissey + Mola is a very good defensive core. I also used Mandibuzz to get hazard control and a good Celebi counter if it doesn't run Dazzling Gleam.

I then added Jellicent as it a good check to CroCune and survives 2 +1 HP grass from Offensive Cune. Jellicent also counters many fighting types which gave my team quite a lot of trouble. It also gives my team a ok M-Beedrill counter if it doesn't have Knock Off.

I then added Sylveon to give my team a Cleric and a good Hydreigon counter if it has Superpower while Blissey beat Hydreigon if it has Iron Tail. It also gives a good way to check CB Conk that doesn't have Poison Jab. It gave my team another dark resist to not overload Mandibuzz.

I then added M-Aggron to give my team a Stealth Rocker and a good Celebi check together with Mandibuzz and Blissey. It also gives me a good way to beat M-Beedrill if it uses Knock Off over Drill Run. It also gave me a good way to Beat M-Aggron and Slurpuff.

I decided to change M-Aggron to M-Steelix as after a bit of testing with InfamousChub (don't know his smogon name) as I was very weak to Volt-Turn. I'm still quite weak to Volt-Turn but atleast I have a ground type to be immune to Volt Switch.

In Depth

PINK BLOB (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

I used CM Blissey to better combat opposing CM'ers with Toxic to wear them down unless they have Restalk or Sub. Blissey is the best special wall in the UU metagame thanks to it's INSANE HP and SpDef. CM also helps it deal with NP Celebi or NP Infernape if it has Focus Blast over Close Combat.

PINK FISH (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Alomomola is a very good physical wall that can keep CB Entei or Darmanitan off easily. It also beats almost all physical attackers that don't have a super effective attack or ridiculously high attack stat like CB Haxorus or CB Conk. It can also WishPass to the rest of my team.

PINK BIRD (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off / Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog

Mandibuzz gives me a solid check to Celebi if it doesn't have Dazzling Gleam. It also gives me a ground immunity and hazard control which is almost always needed on a stall team. It also gives me a good answer to dark attacks which is nice for every team to have.

PINK JELLY (Jellicent) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Jellicent, the main Infernape, Cobalion, Lucario and Toxicroak check which is a huge role for any stall team. It also gives me a great check to Suicune which is always needed and makes opponents think twice about clicking Scald. This is the first time I have used Jellicent in UU and it has suprised me greatly by how good it is in this meta if you have good Hydreigon and Grass checks.

PINK RIBBON (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Cleric, Hydreigon answer and 2ndary fighting resist. On my Sylveon I use 216 Speed Evs to outspeed Ada Crawdaunt which is a which troubles my team greatly if it gets to +2. It works great with Blissey if it is a mixed Hydreigon with Superpower as it beat Blissey but with Iron Tail Blissey checks Hydreigon.

COLOR BLIND SHHH (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

M-Steelix, my Stealth Rocker, Electric Immunity and best Rock resist. it gives my team a Sturdy backbone with the likes of Mola, Blissey and Mandibuzz (geddit). It also works as a good Flying resist and Poison immunity to render CB Crobat nearly useless.

PINK FISH (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Defog

PINK JELLY (Jellicent) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

PINK RIBBON (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

COLOR BLIND SHHH (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Weaknesses

I'm pretty weak to Lucario + Infernape as it puts quite a lot of pressure on Jellicent so you have to keep Jellicent healthy. It is also weak too Blissey being pursuit trapped as then Specs Kyurem/Specs Sylv can put in huge amounts of work.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-461682768

Last edited:

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
sup dawg, I love me some stall so I thought I would pass on some wisdom for ye,,, ye dig??

-Alright so I see you are using a couple of odd sets here and there to try and fix up your match ups versus certain mons, so to get you started I noticed your sylveon was lookin a tad bit soft you see what I am sayin?
-------->

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

• Now in running sylveon trying to creep adamant daunt you do realize you've lost so much bulk that even mienshao scarf HJK has a good shot at 2hkoing you with the tiniest amount of prior dmg, and that aint a good look. You see it appears you already have an amazing wish passer in alomola so why bother with a second wish passer when you can run florges which tanks to its higher base speed, doesnt need to throw away so much of its bulk to out speed what you were trying to. Heck while we are at it we can give your stall a good way of pressuring opposing steels by constantly forcing them in on a cming florges who doesnt have to rely on wish+tect to heal itself (meaning it doesnt fear mons with roar).
-After that I saw that you said you had troubles with lucario well to fix that isn't so much of a problem at all and we should be using a bit more speed on jellicent in order to shut down opposing clerics:

PINK JELLY (Jellicent) (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

• By adding a colbur berry we are able to counter all variants of physical lucario as well as tank a hit from special lucario dark pulse if we mess up, this also means we can do things like stay in versus krook or crawdaunt just to get burns on them since our colbur berry will halve the damage. The speed on jellicent allows you to outspeed florges and taunt it thus preventing it from heal belling, wishing, etc etc. The speed also allows you to out speed opposing alomomola if you ever walk into that issue.
-With that out of the way I realised your blissey was running CM which is a tad odd since toxic deals with np celebi and you have a lix worst case scenario where you run into cm sylveon:

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

• Instead of attempting to cm alongside a freken focus blast infernape like you say you do, it would probably be a lot safer and easier to just t-wave it and simply revenge it with jellicent or something on your team. CMing versus other mons with cm is usually a bad idea esp since they have a chance to crit you...and you not so much.
-Now all I would honestly recommend with your team now is making the mandi sp.def:

EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Taunt / foul play
- Defog

• By running the sp.def you will have a much easier time dealing with opposing fat mons like cruel and shit who will try to wear you down with burns. To be honest I looked at your team as well and wondered how you were dealing with cm reuniclus since it seemed it just needs to get like 40% of damage on your jelli and just find an opportunity to cm once and it'll eat through your jellicent recovers like candy. By running taunt sp.def you can burn away all its focus blasts or just straight kill it. It also helps versus your cune match up to try and PP stall its scalds by taunting it and pivoting around your water resists since cune CM also seems terrible to deal with. To be honest you can never have enough taunt on stall lmao. Running foul play instead will allow you to heavily damage mons trying physically boost on you since most of them carry lum anyways this is usually the better idea; to put it into perspective foul play kills slurpuff trying to drum on you.
With that out of the way my final comments would be to maybe switch lefties to rocky helmet on
since you carry 2 entei resists it might just be better to punish volt turn as well as a taunted gyarados, but thats entirely up to you. cool team dude n_n/ gl and hf.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
sup dawg, I love me some stall so I thought I would pass on some wisdom for ye,,, ye dig??

-Alright so I see you are using a couple of odd sets here and there to try and fix up your match ups versus certain mons, so to get you started I noticed your sylveon was lookin a tad bit soft you see what I am sayin?
-------->

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

• Now in running sylveon trying to creep adamant daunt you do realize you've lost so much bulk that even mienshao scarf HJK has a good shot at 2hkoing you with the tiniest amount of prior dmg, and that aint a good look. You see it appears you already have an amazing wish passer in alomola so why bother with a second wish passer when you can run florges which tanks to its higher base speed, doesnt need to throw away so much of its bulk to out speed what you were trying to. Heck while we are at it we can give your stall a good way of pressuring opposing steels by constantly forcing them in on a cming florges who doesnt have to rely on wish+tect to heal itself (meaning it doesnt fear mons with roar).
-After that I saw that you said you had troubles with lucario well to fix that isn't so much of a problem at all and we should be using a bit more speed on jellicent in order to shut down opposing clerics:

PINK JELLY (Jellicent) (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

• By adding a colbur berry we are able to counter all variants of physical lucario as well as tank a hit from special lucario dark pulse if we mess up, this also means we can do things like stay in versus krook or crawdaunt just to get burns on them since our colbur berry will halve the damage. The speed on jellicent allows you to outspeed florges and taunt it thus preventing it from heal belling, wishing, etc etc. The speed also allows you to out speed opposing alomomola if you ever walk into that issue.
-With that out of the way I realised your blissey was running CM which is a tad odd since toxic deals with np celebi and you have a lix worst case scenario where you run into cm sylveon:

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

• Instead of attempting to cm alongside a freken focus blast infernape like you say you do, it would probably be a lot safer and easier to just t-wave it and simply revenge it with jellicent or something on your team. CMing versus other mons with cm is usually a bad idea esp since they have a chance to crit you...and you not so much.
-Now all I would honestly recommend with your team now is making the mandi sp.def:

EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Taunt / foul play
- Defog

• By running the sp.def you will have a much easier time dealing with opposing fat mons like cruel and shit who will try to wear you down with burns. To be honest I looked at your team as well and wondered how you were dealing with cm reuniclus since it seemed it just needs to get like 40% of damage on your jelli and just find an opportunity to cm once and it'll eat through your jellicent recovers like candy. By running taunt sp.def you can burn away all its focus blasts or just straight kill it. It also helps versus your cune match up to try and PP stall its scalds by taunting it and pivoting around your water resists since cune CM also seems terrible to deal with. To be honest you can never have enough taunt on stall lmao. Running foul play instead will allow you to heavily damage mons trying physically boost on you since most of them carry lum anyways this is usually the better idea; to put it into perspective foul play kills slurpuff trying to drum on you.
With that out of the way my final comments would be to maybe switch lefties to rocky helmet on
since you carry 2 entei resists it might just be better to punish volt turn as well as a taunted gyarados, but thats entirely up to you. cool team dude n_n/ gl and hf.
Thx bro!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)