Plasma, Dynasty and Wyrme

My Team
VS
Opponent​

WIFI MATCH: All Reduced to Lv 50, No pokemon with same Dex#, 3v3, Item Clause
(15 Turns Total)

I wasn't feeling too good before this one. I'd just suffered a losing streak and I was starting to consider how I might alter my team for better performance. After all, Gengar and Garchomp were just stand ins for when I bred better ones. Well, maybe ONE more battle...
BATTLE BEGIN
I send out Plasma, my trusty Rotom. I always lead with this guy for his high number of resists and ability to cripple with status. The opponent brings in Lucario.
VS

TURN 1
In the past I've seen so many pokemon try to swords dance right in front of Plasma. This time I decided to try something risky. I hit Overheat and waited to see if he switched. To my surprise Lucario swoops in and smashes Plasma with Close Combat. Rotom barely holds on thanks to max HP evs and munches his sitrus berry back to the yellow. He then retaliates, incinerating Lucario. Perhaps this opponent isn't so skilled?
VS
X

TURN 2
In comes Blastoise. On his own, he's not very powerful, and I'm certainly not expecting a rapid spinner in the realm of 3v3, so I decide to let Plasma make one final contribution and go for thunder wave. As expected, Blastoise transforms. I get lucky and he is fully paralyzed! Plasma continues to do good work.
VS
X

TURN 3
Plasma may as well throw out a thunderbolt before he goes now, even with his halved special attack. Suddenly Blastoise Aqua Jets! While unexpected, Rotom holds on somehow. Thunderbolt barely scratches it.
VS
X

TURN 4
I decide to save Plasma. He might serve a tactical sacrifice later. I take this opportunity to bring in Dynasty, my Gyarados. She intimidates Blastoise and takes pitiful damage from Aqua Jet. Things were going well...
VS
X

TURN 5
It looked like I could get in a Dragon Dance, so I went for it. My opponent uses... Aura Sphere? I'm a bit confused, but realise they were anticipating a Mega Evolution. I'm even more reassured of victory now. I'm starting to feel pretty good about myself.
VS
X

TURN 6
I push for another Dragon Dance. The opponent uses Dark Pulse this time, but Dynasty takes it well enough. Looks like time for a sweep.
VS
X

TURN 7
Truth was, I DID have a mega stone... and I was waiting for just the right moment to change typing. Dynasty transforms and fires off earthquake! I see why Aqua Jet didn't KO earlier, as Blastoise manages to tank the hit. I'm not worried though, since as a dark type Dynasty will GET KO'D BY AURA SPHERE?! Dark pulse was a trick to lure out Mega Evolution! I'd underestimated my opponent and so Dynasty goes down with all her boosts.
X
VS
X

TURN 8
Plasma can't face this behemoth now, even in it's crippled state. I'm left with no choice but to send in Wyrme, my Garchomp. It seems like earthquake will probably set things straight, as Aqua Jet won't do much to Garchomp. Unsurprisingly, Blastoise leaves the stage and in comes... Aegislash? Riding on an air balloon, Aegislash ignores the earthquake and gains free entry to the battle. The situation had gone from bad to worse.
X
VS
X​

TURN 9
This is where I really felt stuck. While it looks like the score board is even, with one healthy pokemon, one barely hanging in, and one KO'd, my opponent has a clear advantage. You see, despite my Garchomp having perfect IVs in every stat, I soooort of wasn't thinking of movesets when I was breeding it. So... Jolly Nature, No Outrage, and certainly no Fireblast. Under normal circumstances earthquake would have saved me but the Air Balloon pretty much ruined that. My first thought was that I could use earthquake to avoid king's shield and then pop the balloon, but there were too many uncertainties. What if he was expecting my prediction, and used a setup move? What if he thought I had a mixed chomp? After a few moments of worrying, my solution became clear. I had already given myself the tools needed to win. I threw caution to the wind and chose the best possible option: SPAM CRUNCH! He put up the shield, and Wyrme's attack was halved.
X
VS
X​

TURN 10
Ignoring the disadvantageous matchup, I sent Wymre in for another Crunch. Aegislash changed stance and took hardly any damage from the hit. The balloon popped though, and that's what counts. Then Aegislash comes at me with Shadow Ball. It's a good idea considering the Rough Skin, and While a mixed attacking set would usually catch most off guard Wyrme stayed steadfast as his assault vest reduced the damage.
X
VS
X​

TURN 11
The stage was set. I switched out Plasma, thankful I had held on to him earlier. Aegislash shifted stance again and hid behind king's shield. It looks like Plasma gets to come in for free! Things were going to be a lot simpler than expected.
X
VS
X​

TURN 12
Well, it was obvious that Plasma could finish off Aegislash with Overheat, and so I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't miss and went for it. Before Plasma could act, Aegislash went into Attack Stance and picked off the weakened toaster with a Shadow Sneak. So much for that.
X
X
VS
X​

TURN 13
I wasn't worried at this point though. The stage had been set for Wyrme's final stand. He fearlessly re-entered the battlefield. Aegislash protected itself.
X
X
VS
X​

TURN 14
Aegislash didn't change stance this time. No Shadow Sneak, no hope for hanging on and using Shadow ball. Perhaps they thought with higher defenses they could get off something like Automotize, but whatever the plan was, it was too late. The ground beneath it heaved and rolled, and Aegislash was KO'd.
X
X
VS
X
X​

FINAL TURN
It was clear this was the end. Out came Blastoise, and with ease Wyrme KO'd him too. The match was finished.
X
X
VS
X
X
X​

Last edited:
I'm hoping you didn't like it for being boring, and not just because it was 3v3 and that I couldn't copy paste the percentages from my 3DS screen. I don't like reading long war stories, so I thought a shorter one would be nice.

I'm sorry, but percentages are really important and basic for gauging progress. I really liked the aesthetics with the sprites, and understand it's really hard to do percentages off a 3DS, but it's a harsh blow to the quality of this warstory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)