Gen 3 Please help me with creating a team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite new to the competitive scene, so I first wanted to try creating a team on my Pokemon Emerald through trading and breeding. I'm only mostly gonna use this team in-game, for the battle frontier and the occasional link battle with friends. I'm having trouble creating a decent team that includes my fave Pokemon. So far I've only been following Smogon guides but people say most guides are outdated, and they don't really help me with balancing the team.

My initial Pokemon are:
1. Swampert
Relaxed - Equake, ice beam, surf, protect - 252 hp 216 def 40 spa OR 252 hp 196 def 60 spa
2. Breloom
Adamant - spore, focus punch, substitute, leech seed - 52 hp 252 atk 252 spe
3. Skarmory
Impish - spikes, whirlwind, toxic, protect - 252 hp 4 def 252 spd
4. Snorlax
Adamant - curse, body slam, earthquake, rest - 144 hp 68 atk 132 def
5. Gengar
Timid - thunderbolt, ice punch, will-o-wisp, explosion - 172 hp 148 spa 188 spe

I still need a 6th Pokemon. Any input and advice is greatly appreciated, whether it's to change the EVs or natures or moves, or to suggest other Pokemon, to make small changes or to alter most of the team, anything at all.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi! I'm locking your thread for the time being as this forum is not for requesting teambuilding help. Furthermore, the rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read them carefully before posting. Don't hesitate to ask if you need any help with finding what you're looking for. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)