Metagame Pokébilities

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have to say that I'm disappointed. I don't know who or what I'm disappointed in, or even if I'm disappointed in anyone or anything in particular, but I know that I am disappointed. The Excadrill suspect ended with 0 votes in favor of a ban, 0 votes opposed, and 0 abstains. I can't help but feel that I set reqs too high, but looking at the ladder, one sees that only three EXC alts even managed to get into the top 500. Regardless, something needs to be done officially about Excadrill. To put it simply, we suspected it because we thought it was broken in the first place, so without any votes to the contrary, Excadrill will remain banned.
Of course I only now find it... If I had found this earlier I would have voted...

Idc if I don't have the required GXE or anything, I'm just putting my opinion out there

IMO Excadrill shouldn't be banned, but rather, there should be 2 different Excadrill (Like Greninja). One with Sand Rush/Mold Breaker, and one with Sand Force/Mold Breaker. This will stop it from outspeeding and destroying everything without priority, and instead allow it to run one of either set.

Alolan Persian + Conkeldurr + Metagross

• Alolan Persian has a niche for being a neat lead because of Speed stat and utility of its moves such as Taunt to stop any SR, Spikes and TSpikes users and Parting Shot. With Darkinium Z, as you use Parting Shot, you heal up your pokemon you will switch to.
  • Conkeldurr is a beast in Pokébilities because of its 3 abilities altogether. After using Parting Shot, switch to Conk to eat up any physical moves barring SE STAB moves with its good Defense stats to activate the Flame Orb. With this, it can go on rampage with Mach Punch to hit first, Drain Punch to heal and Thunderpunch/Icepunch for coverage.
  • Metagross with AV walls Fairy, Psychic types and retaliates with either Meteor Mash or Pursuit.

This core is weak to Buzzwole tho, so you need a pokémon that can deal with it.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunder Punch

Metagross @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Meteor Mash
    - Bullet Punch
    - Earthquake

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
    Ability: Fur Coat
    EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Foul Play
    - Parting Shot

IMO Excadrill shouldn't be banned, but rather, there should be 2 different Excadrill (Like Greninja). One with Sand Rush/Mold Breaker, and one with Sand Force/Mold Breaker. This will stop it from outspeeding and destroying everything without priority, and instead allow it to run one of either set.
That is illegal per the premise of the format. Ash-Greninja is considered a separate entity from Protean/Torrent Greninja because Ash-Gren has Battle Bond as its only ability, while Protean/Torrent Gren cannot have Battle Bond.

So, i was discussing about this format with my friend and he told me one thing that may be terrifying: since Pokémon get all of their abilities here, wouldn't that allow No Guard Fissure Machamp to be transferred from Gen 1 games?

Hey, I was just playing around on ladder and this happened...
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokbilities-526463956

Is this a bug or something? I only used leftovers on ditto and I didn't do anything that would otherwise cause it to do that.
That's definitely a bug, and one that I'll have to look into. If I were to hazard a guess, though, it appears that Ditto is copying every possible innate ability of the opposing Pokémon as well as its actual ability, causing that one (in both cases, Intimidate) to be essentially duplicated.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I did some tests, it happens only if you put Limber as Ditto's ability (Also doesn't happen with Transform). It seems to only copy twice the ones that announce themselves at the beggining of the turn. It is indeed what you said: Here, the Arbok is Intimidate and the Stantler is Frisk. Double Intimidate Arbok, Double Frisk Stantler. It also seems to work with Dowload, so you dowload twice (But as far as I tested, a Ditto that transformed into a Dowload P2 Traces only Analytic for some reason). Here I did some more testings and it seems to work with Forewarn twice as well, if the foe has more then one move with the same BP it reveals both. Mold Breaker also announces twice. Weather and Terrains don't, as well as Unnerve and Slow Start. Ditto also only has double habilities at the beggining of the turn, as Dancer doesn't activate twice.

Another thing I discovered is that if a Imposter Ditto transforms into a trace mon and trace dowload, but has already dowloaded before that, it doesn't get the boosts

Namranan

:)))))))))))
I did some tests, it happens only if you put Limber as Ditto's ability (Also doesn't happen with Transform). It seems to only copy twice the ones that announce themselves at the beggining of the turn. It is indeed what you said: Here, the Arbok is Intimidate and the Stantler is Frisk. Double Intimidate Arbok, Double Frisk Stantler. It also seems to work with Dowload, so you dowload twice (But as far as I tested, a Ditto that transformed into a Dowload P2 Traces only Analytic for some reason). Here I did some more testings and it seems to work with Forewarn twice as well, if the foe has more then one move with the same BP it reveals both. Mold Breaker also announces twice. Weather and Terrains don't, as well as Unnerve and Slow Start. Ditto also only has double habilities at the beggining of the turn, as Dancer doesn't activate twice.

Another thing I discovered is that if a Imposter Ditto transforms into a trace mon and trace dowload, but has already dowloaded before that, it doesn't get the boosts
Dang, I did not think I made such a serious find O_O.

Well lets hope the meta doesn't run ditto frantically while this is going on, because double forewarn, intimidate, and shudder sound pretty meta-shifting.
Lets hope this gets fixed soon...

P.S: I also found out that there is priority involved during this process. Apparently, it can only double intimidate/etc after hazards. (turn 8 so you don't have to see the whole thing). This means that it has something to do with ditto possibly using transform to run the intimidate, and then having its ability switched to intimidate from limber and only limber. Nah actually MacChaeger got it right, after some more testing with it this seems like the only reasonable explanation.

Last edited:
I was thinking about hosting a Pokebilities tournament after the MnM tour ended. What do you guys think?
Hell yeah. Pokebilities was great after Excadrill recieved the boot. Been a few months since I've played so I can't remember any other specific problem children.

To those that still think Metagross somehow benefits from Light Metal: Metagross is so heavy that after Light Metal, it still takes max damage from Low Lick.

That aside, Bronzong gets Heatproof+Levitate. That would've been cool in Gen 5 where Steel still resisted Dark and Ghost.

So lucariowill have 2 abilities.

Bronzong loses his steel weakness and could make trick room good, also with reuniculus, in this mode, althrough this mode may be too offensive for trick room.

Lucario isn't a really great mon in Pokébilities.

If you want to try out Trick Room, some good abusers/setters are:

-Bronzong, a very good defensive setter that also can set up Screens and Rocks
-Reuniclus, an offensive user that's difficult to wear down with Regenerator+Magic Guard
-Conkeldurr. Sheer Force+Iron Fist+Guts=gg
-Alolan Muk is niche but works pretty well, having Gluttony for recovery with pinch berries and keeping Poison Touch. Similarly, Snorlax has Thick Fat in conjunction with Gluttony and Immunity. They are, however, pretty mediocre.
-Stakataka gets nothing new but remains solid. Suffers from stuff like Conkeldurr being slightly more common but overall remains a nice choice.
-Hippowdon gets both Sand Stream and Sand Force. Hits damn hard.
-Alolawak can now run Lightning Rod without receiving Flare Blitz recoil.
-Azumarill now loses a weakness with Sap Sipper without having to give up Huge Power.
-PoryZ is pretty fast for a TR mon, but Download+Adaptabilty is really scary. Analytic can occasionally help too.
-Magnezone can now trap Steels like Excadrill and Heatran easier because of Sturdy allowing it to tank 1 hit and Analytic boosting its power, also giving it the potential to be a fearsome independent attacker.

Last edited:
Sableye could be put down for decreased viability, because stall just cancels out Prankster. But why would you use non-mega sableye anyway amirite?

Togedemaru sounds interesting also. Lightning Rod, iron Barbs, and sturdy.

Now that I think about it Skarmory decreases in viability too; Weak Armor pretty much counteracts its entire purpose as a physical tank except if you're running a suicide lead set, at which Sturdy+WeakArmor is pretty decent actually. But overall it gets worse.

dragicmagic

Banned deucer.
I remember using Cinccino last gen and it was hilariously good with skill link and technician.

Gyardos seems dangerous with intimidate and moxie. You could potentially give it its mega stone so you could evolve it after a moxie Boost.

I also think Arcanine seems funny with its variety of abilities, flash fire, justified, and intimidate. Probably not good though.

Hariyama seems nifty with a guts and sheer force boost as well as thick fat to give it some extra resistances.

Golurk gets an iron fist boosted no guard dynamic punch. Unfortunately it has klutz though...

Hariyama seems nifty with a guts and sheer force boost as well as thick fat to give it some extra resistances.
Conkeldurr gets Guts+Sheer Force+Iron Fist with an even higher base Attack. Sadly it doesn't really get any good STAB boosted by SF (Dynamic Punch's accuracy is way too low to be considered) but its elemental punches coverage is pretty scary, and Iron Fist Hammer Arm when boosted by Guts is nucleair.

As for Golurk, the best set I could imagine for it is a Z-move breaker, but it's pretty slow and not too bulky and thus it would be pretty unviable even without Klutz.

hi

1530348740451.png

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Tail Slap
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Punch
Stronger than cinccino, but the only viable multihit move it has is Tail Slap.

1530349041832.png

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Sticky Web
- Poison Jab
Immunity to water is nice

1530349328374.png

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Superpower
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
for bullets travelling faster than sound in a weather that hurts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)