Pokémon GO

Hm, they said the Ex-Raids would be for people who haven’t been invited and who are new.
Yeah, too bad thats the exact opposite of what are they doing at the moment, spoofers who raid at sponsored daily can easily have at least 4 Mewtwo while many dedicated players have yet to get first

IMO Mewtwo should be a regular raid boss, just with lets say 5% chance to pop out of a raid egg (assuming it already is tier 5)
EX Raids should be for Events and Mythicals
Lets say an event similar to the safari, but scanning the QR code would give you 5 EX Passes, make EX Raids that would be the only raids happening at the malls appear, and only Mew and Celebi would hatch

just a reminder that if Kyogre is next, that it shares the same weather boost with electric types, so rain won't be a bad thing.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Is there a site that would show you the CP even for megas, primals and such?
Yes. I linked to GamePress but I removed it because it was outdated. (It listed max Pokémon level 40 as a “theory”).

#1: Mega Mewtwo Y for 6,856 CP. Groudon a distant second, and no multi-bar Charge Moves.

But if you want it for all 7 generations View it HERE
Top 7 break 5,000 CP, likely not including Base form nerfs like Mewtwo.

Also: Ash-Greninja is listed under Alola at 3656 CP. This is relevant if Megas are 1 per battle, it makes an awesome substitute offensively for Gyarados-Mega, allowing you to Mega something else.

I think it’s off, for example it doesn’t list the USUM new entries like Dusk and Dawn Necromoza, but even older ones are ommited like Zygarde-Complete.

Last edited:
I've also noticed that. Favoriting, unfavoriting and changing the nickname of a Pokémon also takes you back to the start of the list. Basically, you're taken back to the start of the list whenever you make any edit to your inventory. A really annoying new glitch.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
If Raichu were better Surf would be worth it. At this point even Rhydon with Surf, or Milotic with Surf is not worth it. Vaporeon, Kyogre and Gyarados with Hydro is.

If they could just promote a viable evo line with a viable event move, then it would be worth it. I will wait for the stardust bonus event and pair it with the stardust item, hopefully next month. They aren’t doing enough.
——
I saw on serebii that Mew and Celebi are being added with Mega-Blastoise to Pokken Tournament DX, on March 23, which suggests if Kyogre starts January 15, and is replaced by Rayquaza February 15, then Maybe Mew/Celebi is released March 15... who knows, but it may be a foreshadowing for PoGo.

Last edited:
I can't go out right now....

But I have seen that people are frustrated by how mighty, ultimately difficult getting Excellents on Kyogre. Scraps, I had been spoiled by Groudon's big nose. My fear on raid Pokemon going to side is coming true....

I think I'll have to just aim for Great rather than failing Excellents too many times and have to drown my sorrow in Moomoo Milk....

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Easily the hardest Raid Boss to capture bar none (and Moltres was evil!). It has the same distance as Gengar and the annoying side to side mechanic most fish Pokemon have. This is going to cause a lot of heartbreak for people. PLEASE be patient in throwing your balls.

not really, you could get the hang of it easily
Also, it seems that the kay for catching Keyogre is to wait until he's on the side you throw better at and wait for attack

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Ho-Oh is close but getting Excellents on it was very consistent.

To catch Kyogre you need to never throw to a certain side (left or right) depending on how you throw, then throw at around a 60 degree angle in the middle of the screen if Kyogre is in the middle, or left / right if Kyogre is on the right / left, respectively. Locking Target trick locks the Excellent (though I'd prob go for a small Great) and then it's just practice. It's STILL hands down really hard to catch, but more exposure should ease it. I would honestly just wait til it attacks then throw the ball like with any regular Raid Boss, even if it takes a long time to finish a capture sequence.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kyogre is no joke as I'm already 1 for 6 as I had to adjust my curve balls so it wouldn't consistently miss. Certainly a test to anger management when attempting to catch what is regarded as the best water type pokemon of all generations.

My only catch incidentally was a 86% (CP 2300) with perfect attack as it was still better than all my other encounters.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Kyogre is no joke as I'm already 1 for 6 as I had to adjust my curve balls so it wouldn't consistently miss. Certainly a test to anger management when attempting to catch what is regarded as the best water type pokemon of all generations.

My only catch incidentally was a 86% (CP 2300) with perfect attack as it was still better than all my other encounters.
Just remember an 86% is superior to a 100% Gyarados, even if not fully powered up.

Ho-Oh is close but getting Excellents on it was very consistent.

To catch Kyogre you need to never throw to a certain side (left or right) depending on how you throw, then throw at around a 60 degree angle in the middle of the screen if Kyogre is in the middle, or left / right if Kyogre is on the right / left, respectively. Locking Target trick locks the Excellent (though I'd prob go for a small Great) and then it's just practice. It's STILL hands down really hard to catch, but more exposure should ease it. I would honestly just wait til it attacks then throw the ball like with any regular Raid Boss, even if it takes a long time to finish a capture sequence.
How do you get the Target trick lock for Excellents?

The secret selection process for Ex-Raids:
https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/s2-cells-foundation-pokemon-go-design

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader

This has been around forever but yea.. You can't rely on the flash anymore, so when Kyogre does its lil dip, you start curving and throwing after the lock is done. Kyogre makes it harder since it sashays side to side - just lock it on a decently sized Great for practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)