PokeEmblem: Heroes (SEE POST #17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Approved by G-Luke and Ludicrousity
PokeEmblem: Heroes

Fire Emblem has always been one of my favorite video game series. Heroes is the only phone game I play, grinding it since its launch day. The skill system in that game interested me, making me wonder "What if these skills were used in Pokemon" Thus, PokeEmblem: Heroes was created (this is like the third time but shut up).
Rules
Battles will be played with standard OU rules. Teams will have six Pokemon, however only four will be taken into battle, similar to VGC. The order in which you put them also is important, but I'll get to why in a bit.

All Pokemon will have their regular abilities replaced by three skills. The three skills fall into three categories: A, B, and C.
-An A Skill affects the user only. This could add additional effects or characteristics to the user, or it could just simply buff the users stats.

-A B Skill affects how the dynamics of the battle between the user and and opponent. The effects are varied.

-A C Skill can affect the Pokemon on your team or the Pokemon on your opponent's team. Buffs to your Pokemon are applied to the Pokemon next to the Pokemon with the skill, i.e. if Pokemon A has a skill that buffs stats and is between Pokemon B and C, Pokemon B and C will get the buff, but Pokemon A will not. Debuffs to the opponent are usually applied before a turn begins, i.e. if Pokemon A is being used by you and has a debuff skill against Pokemon B of the opponent, the debuff is applied to Pokemon B, then the turn begins.

Along with the three skills a Pokemon has, the Pokemon is also given a Special. Specials usually boost attack damage of moves used based on certain criteria, but some can also reduce damage taken as well. They act on a cooldown number, and each time you are attacked or are being attacked. Cooldown does not reduce on its own nor do status moves reduce it either. For example, Pokemon A has a 3 cooldown Special. Pokemon B attacks Pokemon A, thus reducing cooldown to 2. Pokemon A attacks Pokemon B, now reducing it to 1. Pokemon B attacks Pokemon A again, making the cooldown reach 0. Pokemon A attacks Pokemon B, activating its Special (that is, if it's an offensive Special. Defensive Specials activate when the Special is completely charged up and the Pokemon that has it is attacked).

Unlike most regular Abilites in Pokemon, you'll know what your opponents Skills and Specials are, even in the beginning where you select what Pokemon you'll be using.
Here's an example moveset (not a practical one, though):

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
A: Armored Blow/ B: Guard/ C: Threaten Attack
Speical: Bonfire
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Breakdown:
Greninja has three skills, each doing a different effect on itself or on its opponent.
-Its A Skill, Armored Blow, makes it so that if Greninja goes first, it's attacks as if it had +1 stage of Defense.
-Its B Skill, Guard, makes it so as long as Greninja is above 80% HP, the opponent cannot lower its Special cooldown when attacking or being attacked by the user.
-Its C Skill, Threaten Attack, makes it so that when Greninja is on the field, the opponent's Attack is lowered by one stage before the turn starts.

Greninja's Special, Bonfire, is a 3 cooldown Special which increases damage based on 30% of the user's Defense.

Everything else is the same: Nature, EVs, IVs, and items.
8/24/18 Edit: I'm kinda bummed that this didn't really take off, but I've decided to revamp (revamping a revamp?) this Pet Mod since I feel like it has a lot of potential. I removed some stuff due to it being a bit complex, so hopefully it'll be more user-friendly. Since I'm here, I decided to add a bunch more stuff, and sometimes you need someone else's help from time to time. So, if anyone is interested in being part of PokeEmblem's council, shoot me a PM!​

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Link to Skill Spreadsheet.
v2.0- Huge revamp due to me wanting to revive this. Added Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, Chill [Stat], Dull Ranged, Close Ranged, and Obstruct. Removed a lot of stuff (too much for me to list), including the Move Title mechanic. Back to square one, I suppose!
v1.3- Added Flier Formation and Wrathful Staff (Suggested by Regimaster57, who is now part of the staff!)
v1.2- Added Acrobat, Tantivy, Salvage Blow, Pass, and exclusives to all of the Tapus
v1.1.1-Cleaned up the format of the skills, as well as renaming and tweaking
v1.1.0-Added Dance skills, Distant/Close Counter (Suggested by Regimaster57) and Speedy Stance, as well as some tweaking on the skills
v1.0.0-The beginning!

Last edited:
It's nice to see that this has returned!
Brave- Move title. This move hits twice but hits half as hard. The Pokémon gets a 1/3 decrease in Speed while a move of this title is in their moveset. Not useable on multihit moves.
Blaze/Gale/Earth/Torrent/Spectral Dance- B skill. When using a dancing move, adjacent allies get Atk/Spd/Def/SpD/SpA +1 for the rest of the turn.
Close/Distant Counter- A skill. When being hit by a move that does/does not make contact, attacker takes damage equal to 1/8 max HP.
Edit: suggested revamp for Adept
Special skill. Allows the user to use the last attack it used again immediately, at half power. 5 cooldown.

Astra

talk to me nice
It's nice to see that this has returned!
Brave- Move title. This move hits twice but hits half as hard. The Pokémon gets a 1/3 decrease in Speed while a move of this title is in their moveset. Not useable on multihit moves.
Blaze/Gale/Earth/Torrent/Spectral Dance- B skill. When using a dancing move, adjacent allies get Atk/Spd/Def/SpD/SpA +1 for the rest of the turn.
Close/Distant Counter- A skill. When being hit by a move that does/does not make contact, attacker takes damage equal to 1/8 max HP.
Edit: suggested revamp for Adept
Special skill. Allows the user to use the last attack it used again immediately, at half power. 5 cooldown.
Thank you for the suggestions!
Although, I don't catch your drift with the Dance skills. Do you you mean when the Pokemon in battle uses a Dance move, when adjacent allies are sent out afterwards, they get a boost for one turn then? Unless I'm just missing something. :S

Thank you for the suggestions!
Although, I don't catch your drift with the Dance skills. Do you you mean when the Pokemon in battle uses a Dance move, when adjacent allies are sent out afterwards, they get a boost for one turn then? Unless I'm just missing something. :S
All current adjacent allies would gain the stat boost for that turn, like how the Blow/Stance skills' boosts don't carry over between turns.
Also, new ideas for skills:
Bold Fighter: B skill. Restricted to Pokémon under 50 base speed. If attacking first, attack twice, the second dealing 1/2 damage. Special reduction +1 (goes down by 2 instead of 1) for each hit this Pokémon lands.
Vengeful Fighter: B skill. Restricted to Pokémon under 50 base speed. If attacked first when HP > 50%, attack twice, the second dealing 1/2 damage. Special reduction +1 for each hit this Pokémon lands.
A quick set:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
A: Death Blow/ B: Shield Pulse/ C: Threaten Speed
Special: Aegis/Pavise
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Killing Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Hone Claws
- Fury Swipes
Depending on how the damage reduction of Shield Pulse works (would a 55% decrease of 1 damage still round up to 1 damage?), this could either be completely ineffective at anything, or stop a sweep in its tracks.
Edit: I misunderstood the way that the Hone/Fortify skills work. It would be for adjacent Pokémon in the party when they switch in.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
All current adjacent allies would gain the stat boost for that turn, like how the Blow/Stance skills' boosts don't carry over between turns.
Also, new ideas for skills:
Bold Fighter: B skill. Restricted to Pokémon under 50 base speed. If attacking first, attack twice, the second dealing 1/2 damage. Special reduction +1 (goes down by 2 instead of 1) for each hit this Pokémon lands.
Vengeful Fighter: B skill. Restricted to Pokémon under 50 base speed. If attacked first when HP > 50%, attack twice, the second dealing 1/2 damage. Special reduction +1 for each hit this Pokémon lands.
A quick set:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
A: Death Blow/ B: Shield Pulse/ C: Threaten Speed
Special: Aegis/Pavise
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Killing Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Hone Claws
- Fury Swipes
Depending on how the damage reduction of Shield Pulse works (would a 55% decrease of 1 damage still round up to 1 damage?), this could either be completely ineffective at anything, or stop a sweep in its tracks.
Edit: I misunderstood the way that the Hone/Fortify skills work. It would be for adjacent Pokémon in the party when they switch in.
Pardon the late response, thanks for the suggestions!
It's all right that you misunderstood how the skills work, we all make mistakes, right? I'll be adding the Dance skills in right now, I'm gonna have to think about the other ones. :P

Edit: I lied, I'm adding Distant/Close Counter, I'm lowering the damage to 1/10th tho, I feel like 1/8th is a lot considering Rocky Helmet+Close Counter is a lot, and Rocky Helmet+Distant Counter seems a bit broken too. I'm also going to make it so your damage moves must all make contact/no contact if you want to run the respective skill, since it, on paper, looks pretty strong.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
Heyo,
I just added a few more skills, as well as some Pokemon exclusive ones! These are so some Pokemon can still have their niche from OU in this Pet Mod. I put the added skills here so you don't have to fish for them:

A Skills:
Acrobat- The user takes 50% less damage when attacked by a Ground-type move. This skill cannot be used if the user is weak to Ground.
Tantivy- If the all other allies have fainted, the user gains one stage in its highest attack stat, highest defense stat, and Speed.
Salvage Blow- When the user fells an opponent, the move's PP that the user used will be reset and increased by 2.

B Skills:
Pass- The user can hit through the opponent's substitutes.
Nihil- If the user is above 80% HP, all of the opponents Skills are negated.

Pokemon Exclusives:
B Skills:
Melemele's Blessing
- When the user is sent out, Electric Terrain is summoned for five turns. Exclusive to Tapu Koko.
Akala's Blessing- When the user is sent out, Psychic Terrain is summoned for five turns. Exclusive to Tapu Lele.
Ula'ula's Blessing- When the user is sent out, Grassy Terrain is summoned for five turns. Exclusive to Tapu Bulu.
Poni's Blessing- When the user is sent out, Misty Terrain is summoned for five turns. Exclusive to Tapu Fini.

Good day!

Blessed- Move title. This move is super-effective against Ghost-types. The move now hits opponents that were hit by this move super-effectively for neutral damage. Restricted from Normal-type moves.
Devil- Move title. The Pokémon uses this move with a 1.5* damage multiplier, but has a 30% chance to hit itself with the move.
Maelstrom- Special. Boosts the user's move's damage based on 30% of the user's Speed. (Cooldown=3)
Regnal Astra- Special. Boosts the user's move's damage based on 50% of the user's Speed. (Cooldown=4)

Astra

talk to me nice
i wake up from my slumber skrt skrt
Just wanted to pop in saying that if you want to become a part of the staff of this Pet Mod, private message me, yo.

For our first member... Me!
New skill nominations to go along with my induction:
Flier Formation: B skill, Flying types only. When switching or when using a move that switches the user, the replacement may attack immediately provided that they are a Flying type. Attacking moves have halved power, switching is disabled, and any moves that switch the user fail to switch the user until the next turn.
Wrathful Staff: B skill. When using a healing moves, heal 1/4 less and deal damage equal to 1/2 the amount healed.

Astra

talk to me nice
For our first member... Me!
New skill nominations to go along with my induction:
Flier Formation: B skill, Flying types only. When switching or when using a move that switches the user, the replacement may attack immediately provided that they are a Flying type. Attacking moves have halved power, switching is disabled, and any moves that switch the user fail to switch the user until the next turn.
Wrathful Staff: B skill. When using a healing moves, heal 1/4 less and deal damage equal to 1/2 the amount healed.
Sorry that you had to make your own announcement lol
but yeah, welcome Regimaster57 to the staff! i've added the skills btw skrt skrt

Alright, I've been thinking on where to go from here, and I've had some ideas. The one I've thought the most on is...

Sacred Seals

In Fire Emblem Heroes, Sacred Seals allow units to run a fourth skill in addition to the normal three slots. The skills that are available as Seals in Heroes allow units that normally use those skills to have more options. It could be a good addition to alleviate the 3 Skill Slot Syndrome that some Pokémon are bound to face (one example right now being the Tapus). In conclusion, I think that every A, B, and C skill should get a Seal version. Additionally, there should be some Seals that are only Seals.

An issue with this, however, is that some skills are very powerful, and being able to have two of that skill would be, in a word, broken (double Close Counter with Rocky Helmet is 39% for practically free). So, a skill should not be allowed to be run twice. Furthermore, two of the same "class" of skill (Spur, Hone, the new Chill) could be potentially suspect.

Some new skills to go along with this!
Quickened Pulse: Sacred Seal exclusive. Upon switch in, gain -1 special cooldown.
Calming Pulse: Sacred Seal exclusive. When switching out, regain 1/4 of max HP.
Chill [stat]: B skill. If holder's [stat] is lower than current opponent's [stat], inflict -1 [stat] on opponent unless [stat] is at -1 or lower.

(Gonna tag Estronic in case they haven't seen it yet)

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
heroes never die
I have a really bad habit of abandoning stuff. So, from now on, I'll be dedicated to running this Pet Mod. I made some adjustments so it's mechanics are more friendly (as in I removed the Move Title feature due to how complex it made the Pet Mod).

I'll be encouraging you all to be able to suggest any Skills you have in mind, as well as other things such as theorycrafting. I'll be trying to make new additions to be fairly frequently, and I hope you guys can help me with it!

I've made a spreadsheet of all the Skills so it's easier to read. You can find it in the second post of this thread.

Finally, if any of you have interest in joining the council, feel free to PM me and ask!

Oh, one quick thing for the mods: Is it possible to request for posts to be deleted in your thread? If yes, would one of you mind deleting the posts above, up to my last "Reserved" post? Obviously nothing against the poster's above, it's just that I'd like to clean up the thread a bit.

and i'm sad Regimaster57 is inactive now :(

Guess who's come back to life?

I've got a bunch of skill nominations for my grand return to Smogon. I just hope I'm not too late.

A skills:
[Stat] Solo: If this Pokémon is the last non-KO'd team member, gives [stat] +1.

Power Push: If at 100%, this Pokémon's next attack deals 1.3x the amount of damage, but causes recoil equal to 10% of max HP.

B skills:
Aerobatics: Above 50%, this Pokémon's pivot moves gain +1 priority.

[Stat] Link: After using a pivoting move successfully (example: not dying to recoil), the next Pokémon to switch in gains +1 [stat].

C skills:
Odd/Even [Stat] Wave: On odd/even turns, this Pokémon and all Pokémon adjacent to it gain +1 (stat) for 1 turn.

Infantry Rush/Flash: Pokémon adjacent to the holder gain the effect of Heavy/Flashing Blade (only largest bonus applies, so does not stack).

Close/Distant Guard: Pokémon adjacent to the holder gain 1.5x Def and SpD when attacked by a move that does/does not make contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)