Mafia vs Village Pokemon Reborn Mafia - GAME OVER, Totally Not Dead (Mafia) win!

For reasons I will keep to myself, yes, I claimed scum.

Lynch Steven Snype

It is in my team's best interests for me to claim in this situation here to get my message across, however, and although I am scum, the message I bear holds truth in it.

Lynch XandrojX

Thinking about it, even if Blazade is a neutral recruiter (which is pretty wierd, tbh), can't he just recruit all town members, and we end the game thay way, just with one more person and slightly better odds?

Plus, why not lynch Mafia anyways? Things go down to 7:1:1 (including the theoretical converted faction as a town group as per the above logic), to 5:1:1, of which we have a lot of confirmed people already.

Overall, it seems better to just lynch xandro at this point, and then go back to our original target.

"Look, guys, I know I'm evil, but I can assure you that Steven Snype is also evil," XnadrojX claims as you surround him.

However, no one believes him, and he is killed.

XnadrojX,

You are Lin, the true leader of Team Meteor. You aspire to be the villain from Saw, trapping people in twisted situations where they must fight to escape, with the loser being tortured. Because the Reborn Region is some sort of twisted might makes right nation, you became the champion after beheading Ame (the character, not the game creator). No one really noticed a difference after the change in power.

Night X - Inspect user: You seem to know everything and are probably trapped in some sort of time loop. Thanks to this, you can learn everything about someone just from looking at them.

Night X - User1 and user2, let's play a game: As an aspiring Saw villain, you may trap two people in a room and force them to fight for your amusement. The next night, one of the two players you've kidnapped must idle, or you will leave them their all night, causing both to be hooked. You will know who did and didn't idle.

You are allied with the Many Faces of ZEL. You win if all threats are eliminated.
Haruno is back, back again.

It is now Night 4. Deadline Monday, Oct 30 at 2:00 PM PST.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Today's a darker, gloomier day than the last. Knowing not to be too optimistic, you head over to the Grand Hall, prepared to hear the worst news.

Before you head out, you decide to check the news on TV to see if maybe Gossip Gardevoir would be able to lighten the blow.

She could not.

You see a very distraught Gardevoir standing near a circus tent fenced off by yellow caution tape.

"Hello, everyone~ It's m-me, everyone's favorite Gardevoir with the latest and greatest in b-breaking news!

I'm here at the Agate Circus at the scene of the crime. At appears that late last night, someone came into the circus grounds, found an innocent clown sleeping away near his booth, took aim, and *sniff* fired...something through his chest. Authorities are unsure as to the perpetrator, their weapon of choice, or their motives but are on high alert. We've been allowed to share this exclusive information about the victim:

Martin,

You are a clown. There are a lot of you in the Agate Circus, but you still number less than the amount of clowns that were allowed to be a Gym Leader. Gottem.

Night X - Give user an Air Balloon: You are actually a spy placed by Looker into the Reborn region, hoping to gather info through discrete measures. You have decided to gather information on the citizens of Reborn in a very sneaky manner: through the distribution of free balloons. But not just any balloons; when anyone holding a balloon is visited, the balloon will pop, and via magic balloon sense, you will learn the alignment of the balloon popper or poppers, but not their identity. Unfortunately, this is not canon. Yet.

You are among Reborn's most trusted citizens. You win if all threats are eliminated.
But this isn't the o-o-only victim last night. Last night... last night, Rad-... last night, Radomus... Reborn's Psychic Gym Leader and m-my trainer and friend... was killed in his home. The cause of death was apparently blu- *sobs*

-blunt force trauma to the head. Once again, Reborn's finest say they're on the case to find the murderer.

Here's what is known about the victim:

Ditto,

You are Radomus. You're a chess grandmaster and cosplayer(?) who may or may not be fucking his Gardevoir. You seem to always be one step ahead of everyone, capable of seeing through the plots and ploys of those who would try to hurt you. However, you're incapable of giving a fuck, and generally go along with them anyway, only to turn the mastermind into your slave at the last minute because that's just how you roll.

Night X - Interview user: Your signature pokemon, Gardevoir, has her own TV show called Gossip Gardevoir, in which she interviews various people in the region. Anyone she interviews will give out enough information for you to piece together their whole role PM.

Night X - Ask a yes/no question: You may asks the hosts a yes/no question, because you're a genius and can figure out anything or something. This can't include bullshit like "Is [user] [some alignment]?" because that would take the fun out of it. Furthermore, since you're only in this for the lulz, you can't share that you have this ability with anyone, nor the results of your questions.

You are among Reborn's most trusted citizens. You win if all threats are eliminated.
If you have any information as to the k-killers in either case, please send them to the local authorities."

She pauses and takes a deep breath. She seems to collect herself a bit better before continuing on.

"Will these evil-doers be brought back to JUSTICE?

Stay tuned to find out!

~XOXO

~Gossip Gardevoir."

You turn off the TV. You don't believe anything the hosts will say will be of any import, so you take a bit of time to think about who might have been behind one of these heinous crimes.

Upon reaching the Grand Hall, you notice that Haruno once again seems to be missing. Shame, that.

It is now Day 5. Deadline is on Wednesday, November 1st at 3:30 PM PST.

Da Letter El

Oh as a note if anyone isn't aware, Daylight Saving's Time has NOT ended in the United States unlike in places in Europe, so this time is exactly 23 hours and 51 minutes from now.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
2/7 players are confirmed village right now, in part due to a result that Martin shared with me and beautiful expert deduction.

I'm taking XnadrojX's post to mean that the mafia can kill 2/3 nights. It is very clear that People Who Don't Die have killed twice now. Therefore, we should ideally find Zel to lynch to prevent a kill from happening tonight.

Of the people left, HeaL is most likely the final Zel. His role claim is certainly far too poorly conceived to fly as a village role and I think is actually a secondary role to hide the last role. The main thing that convinces me is his claim is a parallel to Aura Guardian's gender check. Flying check is entirely useless for the village, but really seems like a false claiming potential. Aura Guardian was a Person Who Don't Die (until we lynched him). Heal's role claim is the Zel equivalent to this.

vote HeaLNDeaL

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
But wait, since nobody kills N0, wouldn't both kills be available still this cycle?
n1: 2 died.
n2: 1 died.
n3: 1 died.
n4: 2 died.

tonight would be n5. given that n3 was a zel death, must-die must have killed on n3. 2 people dying n4 means that both zel and must-die must have killed. therefore, only kill available tonight is zel because if must-die were to kill, that would be 3 in a row.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Vote HeaL

Just wait until you see my reveal message... earthquake isn't a real power you say...

GL catching the other two mafia members that just killed Ditto and Martin : )

BTW I rechecked Haruno last night with earthquake and it said he was no longer flying. Not sure if it's just because someone gave me false results earlier or if because Haruno was holding one of Martin's balloons before.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Last night was the first night in a long time that I prayed.

Both my cohorts have died in the past few days. I know that they have been responsible for the deaths of villagers. To label them as criminals and murderers to try and put a moral wedge between them and myself would be a fool's task. I knew what they were doing and I fullheartedly approved even if I wasn't the one killing with my own hands.

This world has fallen, so why wouldn't I want others to fall?

I devoted the first half of my life to "the way" and to protecting the sacred meteor that Arceus came from. Arceus was my father, the life bringer, and the meteor was its own womb. With the blessing of Arceus, I lead a happy life. I had a family. I had a son. I was alive.

But then everything changed. A mafia group infiltrated my village. They caused chaos and disorder and us villagers had no way of knowing who was responsible for these attacks. Eventually the sacred meteor was even shattered and I did my best to preserve the few shards that weren't pillaged. The village elders gathered and tried to figure out a way to defeat the mafia, a way to save the village.

The solution that they came up with was hellish beyond my imagination.

It was decided that every day, all of the villagers would gather to lynch one person suspected of being a mafia member. Who would be lynched would be decided by a simple majority vote. The solution for the village to purge the mafia was for the village to kill itself. And on the second day of the lynchings, my village betrayed me. My wife was lynched.

During that night, I fled my home with my infant son. We found a new village, a new life, in a far away land.

I tried my best to follow the path of Arceus, to honor the few shards of the mother-meteor that I kept with me. But no one in this new place followed Arceus. I was alone in my religion and I soon began resenting myself for it. Why would Arceus let my innocent wife be killed? Why would he make it feel impossible for me to honor his name? Why was my old life shattered? I dreamed of the imaginary, I dreamed of the real, but I could never escape the symbolism of her death, the symbolism of faith through struggle, the rhetorical dilemma of starting anew while being rooted in trauma. I was stuck within an interface that denied both the reality of the world and the reality of my "self."

I watched my son grow up. He seemed unworried, unconcerned, and well-adjusted and I was happy for his sake. But I felt so empty.

After a few years... tremors of something new spread throughout the village. A few people mysteriously were killed at night. The air would fill with poison on the rare morning. The mafia whispers were circulating once again. But the events seemed isolated and eventually things calmed down. But I knew. And for whatever reason, this time I wasn't afraid. I was still numb and angry and resentful, but afraid I was not.

I fell into a new group of people. People who understood my pain. People, who like me, had lost faith in not only the gods but in humanity as well. And it then became clear to me. If my wife had been lynched for supposedly being in a mafia, then it was only fitting that I join or start my own group. I was destined to be in a mafia. I found that thought to be very warm, soft, safe. I felt like I could have control over my own life. Team Meteor was then formed.

My son couldn't grasp what we were doing and as he got older he tried his best to resist me. Why would he ever want to harm the village that raised him, the village that he knew his whole life? He was too young to remember. Too young to remember that the village was the enemy, the culprit for his mother's death. Too young to realize that the only way to stop a corrupt village was to corrupt the village again in order to fight it. And in the end, he chose to protect his village rather than protecting his own father.

Team Meteor was going to change the world. ZEL was an unknown, but I wasn't concerned with him or it or whatever it is. Maybe that's why I never climbed to the top of the mafia. I never tried to understand the organization behind me, I just wanted what I wanted.

Everything was going smoothly. How fitting for the village to kill its innocent all under the guise of Team Meteor's influence. How fitting for my ally Fern to kill the hero, to rob him of his armor and wear it as his own. As a piece of loyalty, he even gave the armor to me.

But it was a miscalculated move. I always knew that Team Meteor had formed after the village's original mafia. I knew we were not alone. Fern was doing a marvelous job masquerading as the village leader, allowing us to kill the village from within. But then the other mafia attacked. Fern died. We lost control. Then our leader Lin died. I was alone again.

Last night, I was approached by a shadowy figure at night. He raised a knife in his hand with a blade that gleamed in the darkness. He did not know who I was, but I knew him. I only survived by making a deal. He told me to kill the village clown if I wanted to live. And I did. And even now, that shadow has betrayed me as he now has voted for me to be lynched.

It was the first time I had ever killed someone. The clown was just sleeping there out in the open. It was easy, easier than it should have been. Looking at the lifeless body before me, it didn't feel real. The corpse was familiar but completely foreign. I imagined that his lifeless arm was my arm for a second, that his leg was my leg. My own body seemed not of me. The clown's body seemed not of this world.

Last night was the first night in a long time that I prayed to Arceus. As I see all of you around me, it is very clear now that I never deserved for Arceus to grant me my prayers. A fallen priest is fallen forever.

I don't understand this world anymore. Did anyone ever really understand it? Why do we let a village do this to us? Is it safer to be the same while schizophrenicly searching for differences that threaten our unity? This structure, this system, this village... it is all not real. It is an interface. It is a system of perceptions that only aims to make sure it as a system stays alive. The people in the system abide by it, make it so, give it life. But it takes the life from anyone who even sees it. We created the system out of our language, out of our rules but now it has created us. We are not real anymore.

I came into this village hoping to be Reborn. I wasn't. A young child can be reborn because he still has an inkling of a memory of being born in the first place. My son, Taka, was able to be reborn when brought to this village. But I was not, I was too removed from birth. Even with the shard of Arceus's womb in my pocket right now, I was too removed from birth to be reborn. I never could start anew, my life and the death of my wife were too unforgettable.

None of this excuses my actions here. But likewise nothing can excuse the actions of the village; of any village that lynches or any village that perpetuates its own structure at the cost of the people. As a village becomes thought of as real, then the people are just pieces and not real themselves. There is no self, there is only structure that binds the self to language in a constant system of referrals. The village is a constant system of referrals but it only refers to pieces of itself and never to what is real.

To my son, Taka... I ask you to see what is real. You are the only person I have ever known who was Reborn. Please... I ask of you... After my death and after the death of the one last mafia man left... end this system. See what is real. After your task is accomplished, don't ever let this village or another village perpetuate its structure at the cost of the lives of its people. Taka... to help you make my wish come true... I leave you with the armor that Fern gave me. Use it to survive the night. Use it to defeat the last mafia. And then please figure out what is real and live a life worth living, something I was not able to do.

I raise a shard from the sacred meteor, a shard from the womb of Arceus, to stab my own heart... Maybe this way I can be Reborn again and live in an era where the village doesn't mask what is real...

Last edited:

Da Letter El

You hear this man's confession and realize what must be done. HeaLnDeaL reaches his arm out, holding a piece of armor up to the sky. But as soon as his life gave way, it's as if this armor suddenly vanished, never able to reach the son he so wished he could protect through the afterlife.

HeaLnDeaL,

You are Solaris, the fake leader of Team Meteor. Your family is from a long line of people that guarded the meteor that birthed Arceus or some nonsense, but you decided that this world is beyond saving and must be purged, so you set out to ruin the world further by poisoning the water and causing earthquakes, so as to scare people away like some sort of Scooby Doo villain.

Night X - <SNIP>

Night X - Commune with Arceus: You wish to follow the will of Arceus. Once per game, you may attempt to call in a favor from Arceus, which will gain in strength if you are on the right path. For each member of The People Who Totally Don't Die who are dead, your vote will be increased by 1 the next day.

Night X - Earthquake user: You will find out if your target is flying for god knows what reason. If it hits them, it doesn't do anything, since you're not a real leader anyway. Your Garchomp isn't even EV trained, for fuck's sake.

You are allied with the Many Faces of ZEL. You win if all threats are eliminated.
The Many Faces of ZEL have been eliminated. It is now Night 5. Let's finish this up quickly, so deadline in ~24 hours on Thursday, November 2nd at 11 AM PST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)