Entertainment Pokemon Stadium Rentals Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello!
I'm sure we've all heard of the classic Nintendo 64 pokemon game, Pokemon Stadium. What made this games so fun, apart from the first time we've seen 3D models of all our favorite oldmons, was how you could rent pokemon to fight for you. Its like as of suddenly, the magical Gen I fairy came down at revealed to you all the secrets of the world. Now, you have behemoths such as Gyarados, Nidoking, Dragonite, Gengar, Alakazam, and Mr. Mime at your very fingertips. Plus, like, polygons and stuff.

However, there is a catch. The rental sets aren't exactly the best sets for these pokemon, and sometimes even the most threatening pokemon may be crippled by the moveset that Game Freak decided for it. For example, most fully evolved pokemon have bad movesets yet good stats, while lowest forms have good movesets yet bad stats. Sometimes you can exploit this and go with the middle evolved pokemon for a good balance between stats and moves. There may even be some hidden gems hiding somewhere in roster!

This article would be all about with rental sets you should use or stay away from. I love the Pokemon Stadium games, and I'm sure there are Smog readers out there who enjoy them, too. It could also offer some tips for all the different cups you can challenge in the game?

Thanks for your time!

P.S: I actually like Pokemon Stadium 2 but I thought the first one would be more appropriate.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I never owned Stadium so this sounds interesting to me, figure out a clever title and we are set.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well you certainly have a high bar to beat, but this topic definitely has potential, although it all boils down to how you angle each description. I can see myself greenlighting this. Layell and skylight , opinions.
Do you think I should write this as Glen wrote it, that is, reviewing every Pokemon with just a short 2 or 3 sentences instead of just on a few select Pokemon that I've found to be good?

I never owned Stadium so this sounds interesting to me, figure out a clever title and we are set.
How about:
"Gotta Rent 'Em All!"
"To Rent or Not to Rent"
"Pokemon Stadium- Rent Dead Redemption"

As you can probably tell... title cleverness is not my forte.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You're pandering to me in the second but I love the third, can that be it guys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)