Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving Harmo Amaura and Icicloud's lines shouldn't be needed since they're already in-game.

Instead, I will save the Super Raichu line and Spinji(-Mega).

I would also like to propose the removal of Varibrawl. It has SHADOW TAG for one of its abilities, for literally every deity's sake! Almost all of its forms have high class abilities and none of them are balanced around them. Even its forms without good standard abilities have Adaptability to fall back on, meaning just about all of them have stupid levels of power on their STABs.
I agree with Varibrawl. Too many forms and they're all sort of unbalanced.

Any more opinions on the Cerebrey line?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Saving Harmo Amaura and Icicloud's lines shouldn't be needed since they're already in-game.

Instead, I will save the Super Raichu line and Spinji(-Mega).

I would also like to propose the removal of Varibrawl. It has SHADOW TAG for one of its abilities, for literally every deity's sake! Almost all of its forms have high class abilities and none of them are balanced around them. Even its forms without good standard abilities have Adaptability to fall back on, meaning just about all of them have stupid levels of power on their STABs.
If you were active on the discord, you would know that Varibrawl is getting a nerf (-10 in every stat)

Ludicrousity

Insufficient. Nerfing Varibrawl in a sufficient way would be an exercise in overcomplicating the project.
FINE. Should I make it -120 BST then, and destroy the whole mon? But wait, that won't be necessary. I haven't saved any mons yet, and I could simply save Varibrawl from elimination. It's getting nerfed to 480 BST already, so if that isn't enough of a nerf for you, too bad.

Last edited:
FINE. Should I make it -120 BST then, and destroy the whole mon? But wait, that won't be necessary. I haven't saved any mons yet, and I could simply save Varibrawl from elimination. It's getting nerfed to 480 BST already, so if that isn't enough of a nerf for you, too bad.
A flat reduction all statistics will never work for Varibrawl. You're refusing to tackle the actual issue and just hitting the goddamn numbers, just like with the Parental Bond nerf. What's so goddamn important to you about Varibrawl anyway? The way you designed it, you'd HAVE to kill its stats in order to balance it. Nearly all of its abilities, across all its forms, are in the 4-5 (read: niches in and of themselves regardless of stats) viability range, meaning that, unless you changed its abilities to much worse ones or killed its stats, it flat-out cannot continue to exist unless you want a 'mon mandatory for OU teams.

Ludicrousity

A flat reduction all statistics will never work for Varibrawl. You're refusing to tackle the actual issue and just hitting the goddamn numbers, just like with the Parental Bond nerf. What's so goddamn important to you about Varibrawl anyway? The way you designed it, you'd HAVE to kill its stats in order to balance it. Nearly all of its abilities, across all its forms, are in the 4-5 (read: niches in and of themselves regardless of stats) viability range, meaning that, unless you changed its abilities to much worse ones or killed its stats, it flat-out cannot continue to exist unless you want a 'mon mandatory for OU teams.
Heh.

Saving Varibrawl's line.

Sorted. It's staying. I'll nerf it in some way or another.

I'd like to save Folbatross/Albatress, if not because Flying Elite's signature, but because it's... not too dangerous. Sure, all of its abilities are good, but single flying type is horrible STAB and its coverage is mostly ice and Heatwave. Beyond that, a few stat nerfs can really save it. It can be a flying type to fill your hail teams! For mono flying, however, both Tornadus forms will fill the Special Attacker role better and have better longevity and more roles they can fill. They also have a higher stat total.

I'd also like to save Ramalot's line (especially since it's not broken any more,) because quite frankly, it has a unique typing (Ice/Normal) a unique set of breeding groups (Water3/Field) and a unique ability to take advantage of rocky terrain, which would otherwise have a lack of abusers to make teams around.

Last edited:
Dont get upset with me Ludicrousity but I really think Neutri has to go... It is just another Plusle and Minun clone that unfortunately will never see competitive play. Sure, flavor is a thing I guess, but do we really need that? As far as I'm concerned, Plusle and Minus actually represent Plus and Minus not Proton and Eletron, so if anything it should actually be based on that Plus Minus thing (±) rather then Neutrons, and I dont even have an idea of what to call that! But honestly, its better to scrap it entirely in my opinion, it serves no purpose, both flavor and competitive wise.

Please don't get upset.
And please don't save Neutri line. That would be a total waste of a save imao.

Ludicrousity

Dont get upset with me Ludicrousity but I really think Neutri has to go... It is just another Plusle and Minun clone that unfortunately will never see competitive play. Sure, flavor is a thing I guess, but do we really need that? As far as I'm concerned, Plusle and Minus actually represent Plus and Minus not Proton and Eletron, so if anything it should actually be based on that Plus Minus thing (±) rather then Neutrons, and I dont even have an idea of what to call that! But honestly, its better to scrap it entirely in my opinion, it serves no purpose, both flavor and competitive wise.

Please don't get upset.
And please don't save Neutri line. That would be a total waste of a save imao.
To be fair, I don't like Neutri either. May as well ditch it

Last edited:
I'd like to save Folbatross/Albatress, if not because Flying Elite's signature, but because it's... not too dangerous. Sure, all of its abilities are good, but single flying type is horrible STAB and its coverage is mostly ice and Heatwave. Beyond that, a few stat nerfs can really save it. It can be a flying type to fill your hail teams! For mono flying, however, both Tornadus forms will fill the Special Attacker role better and have better longevity and more roles they can fill. They also have a higher stat total.

I'd also like to save Ramalot's line (especially since it's not broken any more,) because quite frankly, it has a unique typing (Ice/Normal) a unique set of breeding groups (Water3/Field) and a unique ability to take advantage of rocky terrain, which would otherwise have a lack of abusers to make teams around.
if it's an elite signature it doesn't need saving afaik

Regardless, it's a non-ice type with hail team synergy. Granted, it compounds rock weakness and electric weakness for water/ice types, but STABwise, it has its niche.
Yes, but what I mean is that it is literally not up for removal. We can't vote against it, so they're so reason for saving it.

In that case, Shelldra. Shelldra's impressive defensive spread (120/120/125) is imposing for a dragon type, though for a late game dragon, it is incredibly slow. Dragon/Rock with the inheritance of Shelgon's movepool and a few new toys isn't as strong as it seems. Yes its attack is high too, but it cant sweep unless you think 55 speed is good for dragon dancing. Its special attack is also a bit low at 85, meaning its only purpose is to fire blast dangerous steel types. That said, Dragon/Rock has a big steel problem either way, as it wants a nice full movepool of Earthquake, Stone Edge/Head Smash (depending if you went Solid Rock or Rock Head), Dragon STAB, Fire Blast and Slack Off. As a DDer, Tyranitar has higher speed, and Attack and Dark gets more SE hits.

That said, Shelldra could be a solid (heh) OU mon, but the real treat is the flavor: Shelldra is Shelgon to its most pertinent extreme, where the dream of flying fails to be realized, which is why it evolves with unhappiness. Stat tweaks could fix any dangerous attributes and perhaps Solid Rock and Slack Off are too much, but it can certainly rock the meta.

Last edited:
We still actually need more costumes. We need:
1 electric costume line
1 Psychic Costume Line (Uses Mysterious Cloak)
1 Fire Costume Line (Uses Infernal Fang)
1 Normal Costume Line (Uses Synthesizer)
2 Ground Costume Lines (No Item Yet)
2 Rock Costume Lines (No Item Yet)
1 Poison Costume Lines (Uses Corrupting Sludge)
1 Flying Costume Lines (Uses Angelic Wings)
1 Bug Costume Line (Uses Compound Goggles)
1 Dragon Costume line (Ues Dragon Armor)

Last edited:
why is hariyama called hairymama in this (look at costume page)
Sludge-Smothered Pawniard
Item: Odorous Ooze
Abilities: Toxic Leak, Swordsman (HA: Corrosion)
Type: Poison/Steel
Stats:
Hp: 45
Atk: 95
Def: 55
Spa: 50
Spd: 60
Spe: 55
BST: 375
New Moves: Cross Poison, Gunk Shot, Acid Armor, Leaf Blade, Sludge
Pawniard has been completely covered in an incredibly disgusting smelling slime. The slime is highly corrosive and has melted Pawniard's metal armor a fair bit, crudely solidifying to fill the cracks. The slime actually sharpens Pawniard's blades a bit, though.

A Steel-type that isn't weak to Fighting is hugely appreciated in LC, though its defensive stats are questionable. It has a great amount of attacking power for its tier, too.

Will do others in the line later, including harmo forms.

Last edited:
Winged Ponyta
Typing
- Flying / Fairy
Item - Angelical Wings
Abilities - Wind Dasher (renamed Wind Turbine); Windpower; Magic Guard
HP - 39 (-11)
Atk - 39 (-46)
Def - 56 (+1)
SpA - 102 (+37)
SpD - 92 (+27)
Spe - 102 (+12)
BST - 430 (+20)
Winged Rapidash
Typing
- Flying / Fairy
Item - Angelical Wings
HP - 54 (-11)
Atk - 54 (-46)
Def - 71 (+1)
SpA - 117 (+37)
SpD - 107 (+27)
Spe - 117 (+12)
BST - 520 (+20)

New Moves - Air Slash, Defog, Hurricane, Moonblast, Moonlight
Design - Looks like a unicorn
Competitive - Rapidash can be a decent Raging Winds abuser having the choice of more power or more Speed, depending on the team's needs. Can also be a fast Special Attacker outside of Winds with a great ability on Magic Guard.

Last edited:
Winged Ponyta
Typing
- Flying / Fairy
Item - Angelical Wings
HP - 39 (-11)
Atk - 39 (-46)
Def - 56 (+1)
SpA - 102 (+37)
SpD - 92 (+27)
Spe - 102 (+12)
BST - 430 (+20)
Winged Rapidash
Typing
- Flying / Fairy
Item - Angelical Wings
HP - 54 (-11)
Atk - 54 (-46)
Def - 71 (+1)
SpA - 117 (+37)
SpD - 107 (+27)
Spe - 117 (+12)
BST - 520 (+20)

New Moves - Acrobactics, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Defog, Drill Peck, Fly, Gust, Hurricane, Peck, Roost, Sky Attack, Tailwind, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Fairy Wind, Moonblast, Moonlight, Sweet Kiss, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball
Competitive - Rapidash can be a decent Raging Winds abuser having the choice of more power or more Speed, depending on the team's needs. Can also be a fast Special Attacker outside of Winds with a great ability on Magic Guard.
the cap for new moves is 5, so you'll have to cut rather a lot of those

why is hariyama called hairymama in this (look at costume page)
Sludge-Smothered Pawniard
Item: Odorous Ooze
Abilities: Toxic Leak, Swordsman (HA: Corrosion)
Type: Poison/Steel
Stats:
Hp: 45
Atk: 95
Def: 55
Spa: 50
Spd: 60
Spe: 55
BST: 375
New Moves: Cross Poison, Gunk Shot, Acid Armor, Leaf Blade, Sludge
Pawniard has been completely covered in an incredibly disgusting smelling slime. The slime is highly corrosive and has melted Pawniard's metal armor a fair bit, crudely solidifying to fill the cracks. The slime actually sharpens Pawniard's blades a bit, though.

A Steel-type that isn't weak to Fighting is hugely appreciated in LC, though its defensive stats are questionable. It has a great amount of attacking power for its tier, too.

Will do others in the line later, including harmo forms.
Unfortunately, I believe that Pawniard and Bisharp already have a harmo form. And I only really want costumes, not Harmo- Forms.
Winged Ponyta
Typing
- Flying / Fairy
Item - Angelical Wings
HP - 39 (-11)
Atk - 39 (-46)
Def - 56 (+1)
SpA - 102 (+37)
SpD - 92 (+27)
Spe - 102 (+12)
BST - 430 (+20)
Winged Rapidash
Typing
- Flying / Fairy
Item - Angelical Wings
HP - 54 (-11)
Atk - 54 (-46)
Def - 71 (+1)
SpA - 117 (+37)
SpD - 107 (+27)
Spe - 117 (+12)
BST - 520 (+20)

New Moves - Acrobactics, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Defog, Drill Peck, Fly, Gust, Hurricane, Peck, Roost, Sky Attack, Tailwind, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Fairy Wind, Moonblast, Moonlight, Sweet Kiss, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball
This looks pretty Good. I'll add it to the doc, However this is entirely too many moves for a costume. Please Limit it to 5.
Also, Virus Porygon.

Virus Porygon
Typing
- Poison / Normal
Item - Corrupting Sludge
Abilities - Adaptability; Prankster; Infect
HP - 65 (0)
Atk - 61 (+1)
Def - 71 (+1)
SpA - 79 (-8)
SpD - 78 (+3)
Spe - 61 (+21)
BST - 415 (+20)
Virus Porygon2
Typing
- Poison / Normal
Item - Corrupting Sludge
HP - 85 (0)
Atk - 81 (+1)
Def - 81 (-9)
SpA - 93 (-12)
SpD - 92 (-3)
Spe - 103 (+43)
BST - 535 (+20)
Virus Porygon-Z
Typing
- Poison / Normal
Item - Corrupting Sludge
HP - 85 (0)
Atk - 65 (-14)
Def - 91 (+21)
SpA - 97 (-38)
SpD - 92 (+17)
Spe - 131 (+33)
BST - 555 (+20)
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Volt Switch, Light Screen, Perish Song, Hypnosis
Infect- At the end of Every Turn, All other pokemon on the Field Randomly have 1 stat lowered.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I believe that Pawniard and Bisharp already have a harmo form. And I only really want costumes, not Harmo- Forms.

This looks pretty Good. I'll add it to the doc, However this is entirely too many moves for a costume. Please Limit it to 5.
Also, Virus Porygon.

Virus Porygon
Typing
- Poison / Normal
Item - Corrupting Sludge
HP - 65 (0)
Atk - 61 (+1)
Def - 71 (+1)
SpA - 79 (-8)
SpD - 78 (+3)
Spe - 63 (+23)
BST - 405 (+20)
Virus Porygon2
Typing
- Poison / Normal
Item - Corrupting Sludge
HP - 85 (0)
Atk - 81 (+1)
Def - 81 (-9)
SpA - 93 (-12)
SpD - 92 (-3)
Spe - 103 (+43)
BST - 535 (+20)
Virus Porygon-Z
Typing
- Poison / Normal
Item - Corrupting Sludge
HP - 85 (0)
Atk - 65 (-14)
Def - 91 (+21)
SpA - 97 (-38)
SpD - 92 (+17)
Spe - 131 (+33)
BST - 555 (+20)
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Volt Switch, Light Screen, Perish Song, Hypnosis
Infect- At the end of Every Turn, All other pokemon on the Field Randomly have 1 stat lowered.
Thing is, Alolan Raichu and Ninetales-A have costumes alongside their base forms. Should I just not make a costume for Bisharp-Harmo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)