Post-SPL sets dump megathread

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Now that the last official BW RU tournament is over, lets all share our awesome ideas we've been hoarding for months and years. Because if you hold out now you're a jerk.

I'll post mine later once I have time to collect my sets.

Descriptions are encouraged, but not required. But if it requires some explanation or key information, pls include it. Teammates you used it with are excellent. 2-3 sentences should be enough, so don't feel pressured to write a lot unless you want to.

Magic Coat @ Alomomola - cool thing when your team lack of a spinner and Alomomola means free Spikes (in case that your opponent is using spikes like Qwilfish or Smeargle), helps against toxic, taunt.. etc

CB Toxic @ Druddigon - just again, standard cb druddigon but with toxic since the idea is lure alomomola/tangrowth in early game (alomomola is like usually the first switch in against Druddigon) so they cant switch into him in mid game, an status totally destroys Alomomola plus with the power of Druddigon + CB.

Magneton @ Custap Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Endure
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon / Magic Coat

trapper and wildcard against stuff like SS Omastar, SD Sceptile, etc

Ice Beam @ Sigyliph - I used Psychic / Heat Wave / Roost and Ice Beam, max speed and SpA. Lures ground types like Rhydon or Golurk, kills Druddigon after SR damage.
I dont use Air Slash because anyways this set itself is gonna lose vs Slowking, so only good thing is by STAB against grass types and hit harder vs Spiritomb (which is rough that 1vs1) and defensive Spiritomb one beats Sigyliph anyways. This set + pursuit support is really good.

Segaryph (Sigilyph) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Baton Pass
- Psycho Cut

Used this set on a team I tested with people like SV / HSA / played a ton of games for fun with. Baton Pass is actually amazing on Meditite cause it lures in stuff like golurk / rotom-n / Spiritomb, and it pairs really well with pursuit trappers like Spiritomb. Also HJK + thunder punch KOes Alomomola with or without rocks, overall this is a pretty cool set rn, use medicham :(

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Here's a bunch of sets that I used; I have a bunch more but I still need to look through all the teams I built so these are all I have for now.

BIGS PIG (Emboar) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 180 Spd / 76 Def
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 3 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Used this set vs Heist: the idea was to act as something that could 6-0 augstall handily while also being able to lure out standard Emboar checks and donk them. Focus Blast 2hkoes Alomomola for example, and HP Elec kills Qwilfish after Rocks. It also can burn Druddigon for its teammates, which is rly cool.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Explosion

Ok this is kinda standard but it's not on the analysis so w/e. Suicide lead Qwilfish designed to stop Smeargle from getting hazards up, getting spikes up quickly, the exploding to bring a sweeper in safely.

C_L (Sceptile) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Mild Nature
- Acrobatics
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

This set took me forever to build, but it was worth it ):>. The idea was to wallbreak literally everything that walled OTR Slowking, which could then proceed to sweep with ease. Ideally you launch Acrobatics off first to nail their Roselia or Amoonguss hard, or do some decent damage to Druddigon / Escavalier, then use the appropriate coverage move to either finish off the weakened Grass resist, and then do more damage since you outspeed everything relevant in the tier after Unburden.

DOUBLE01 (Haunter) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 6 SDef
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Underrated pkmn. Shuts down stuff like Roselia / Amoonguss extremely hard, and actually hits really hard even without a boosting item. Also lures out Escavalier and suicide kills it with Dbond if necessary.

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Actually not that bad; I would have used this vs Shake if I had gotten to play him ;(. For the most part it's p inferior to Magneton as a Steel trapper, but it has a niche as a Steel trapper that can set up Stealth Rock, check Moltres and Sigilyph extremely well, and provide momentum through slow Volt Switches, while still trapping Aggron / Escavalier / Durant / opposing Magneton somewhat effectively.

Exeggutor @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 SAtk / 108 Spd / 148 HP
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Leaf Storm
- Psyshock
- Sleep Powder

Another set I would have used had I fought Shake. It's standard TR Egg basically, but with the twist that you run enough speed that you don't always have to rely on Trick Room to do stuff. With this spread, Egg outspeeds almost every relevant defensive threat outside of TR, which means that vs Stall you can just use Leaf Storm / Psyshock to blow holes in stuff, while vs faster teams you just TR and sweep through them.

Druddigon @ Dark Gem
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 148 Spd / 108 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Kinda a gimmicky set, but basically I needed to put SR on Druddigon and I needed Pursuit, but Lefties Pursuit is weak af so I came up with the idea to use Dark Gem. Dark Gem makes Pursuit almost as strong as CB Drudd Pursuit on the first attack, which lets you effectively kill off stuff like Slowking while still being able to switch moves.

Durant @ Insect Plate
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

A strong set that was inspired by complete_legitimacy's Insect Plate 3 attacks Durant. The idea is to bluff that you are Choice'd Durant, then set up a Substitute as your opponent goes to their Qwilfish / Alomomola, then Baton Pass to a Pokemon that matches up well with them, protecting your Qwilfish / Alo counter from status.

May post more sets later :)

I mean, I'm not SPL-worthy or whatever, but I guess I theorymon / run a lot of stuff, so I guess there's a few sets I'd like to get out at some point or another '~'

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 232 HP / 220 Spd / 56 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Thunderbolt
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

The general concept of NP Misdreavus is that it can pretty handily wear down or break more defensive responses to CM sweepers and a handful of other specially-based 'mons, depending on how you want to tech it; SpDef Normal-types and other general status- or phazing-based checks / counters get shut down and chipped away at by Taunt variants, and Pursuit 'mons get stuffed by Wisp. Given Misdreavus' narrowing niche as a defensive spin-blocker, I've found this to be its more consistent sets all in all, though it is still niche.

Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 152 Spd / 120 HP / 236 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

A little obvious, but Entei is one of the cooler ProTox / Wisp 'mons imo (sorry if I'm stealing this Nails x_x), since it naturally lures so many relevant targets (Momo, Slowking, Rhydon, Drudd, Qwilfish, etc.) and it retains pretty good offensive utility as well. I've tended to run a bulkier spread, though if others have had more success with faster variants, then I suppose that is decent as well.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge / Lum Berry (/Bug Gem, but it may be a bit too gimmicky, idk)
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spd / 8 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Earthquake / Aqua Tail

I did a thing on this, but a cool af set imo, since it naturally pairs off well with a ton of solid BP recipients offensively, and functions as a pretty solid standalone as well. Outpaces most relevant, non-boosted 'mons, isn't OHKOed by Sceptile anyway, and Bug STAB is still cool anyway.

There's definitely other stuff (I played around with a lot of BP 'mons that I really liked, among other stuff), but they aren't coming readily to mind or have been more-or-less covered already x_x I'll edit stuff in as I remember them I guess.

edit: ok, cool, not like I've been running Magic Coat Golurk for well over a year now, feel free to take credit for it :[
i kid, ofc, honestly dgaf, but it should be somewhere, b/c strong. also a p.big advocate of altaria, though i preferred a slightly more offensive variant, since it was just piss-weak otherwise.

anyway, only remembered this one atm, but yeah

Musharna @ Resist Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 52 Spe / 28 SDef / 252 HP / 176 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight
- Psychic

CM Pass Mushy is a really cool offensive utility, since it can pivot into a lot of stuff moderately effectively (Lefties Drudd, non-CM Sigi, most Slowking, etc.), CM in the face of perhaps an even greater handful, then pass them off to a partner; this+bulky Agility Moltres ends so many games so fast, oml *-* Being a conservative boosting Psychic-type that isn't broken or otherwise worn down beyond usefulness by breakers like Specstile is nice too (after a CM, ofc). Reliable recovery and a fairly linear, support-based role means that it also runs resist berries pretty well, though Lefties is cool for putting it out of potential KO range from certain attacks after SR (Lefties Drudd's Outrage 2HKO, LO Sigi's Heat Wave 3HKO, etc.). It can run less Speed to alleviate pressure on the BP recipient, but with stuff like Esca speed creep and the possibility of grabbing an extra CM vs.stuff like SpecsKing present, it's a little tough to make the call on that without addressing the specific team.

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh I forgot about this one but:

Entei @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Lava Plume
- Calm Mind

This is a stall breaking rest talk CM entei that donks sv p much. The EVs are to outspeed base 90s and things that creep 90's so you can outspeed Lilligant and Moltres (2 cm's let you fair a lot better than 1). Idk this is actually pretty good if you need a fire type that doesn't do poorly against any mola based teams, and pairs well with t-spikes.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Golurk @ Rindo/Yache Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Polish

Rindo for mower or Yache for snowflake (or ghost resist berry for rotom-n i guess?), it's pretty matchup dependant but it lets you aggressively use your immunity to block volt switch/rapid spin without getting blown up by its coverage should you mispredict/they're not choiced. Rock Polish is filler, and pretty bad filler at that, but I didn't need fire punch or something else on that team, idr.

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I mean, it's not listed in the analysis so I'm just posting it so it doesn't get forgotten because dragon pulse is standard atm, it's actually really strong neutral coverage (60% to qwilfish) and I've had lategame scenarios where the neutral coverage from specs dragon pulse was enough to clean. Rest of the set is obviously team dependant.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
EVs: 188 Spd / 160 Atk / 160 HP
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Another standard set, just posting my evs for it, I outrun scarf emboar (and sceptile) while taking 252 SpA Life Orb Moltres Fire Blast vs. 160 HP / 0 SpD Aerodactyl: 157-186 (46.04 - 54.54%) -- 54.69% chance to 2HKO from LO moltres, which is admittedly random af, but it's just a nice amount of bulk. I guess. There's probably a more efficient spread, but whatever. Used because nothing else counters moltres repeatedly, and it's a shaky win condition.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Pursuit / Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Protect

Physically Defensive tombrero, +2 252+ Atk Kabutops Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spiritomb: 225-265 (74.01 - 87.17%) so you can kind of block spin even though LO tops still wrecks you. But whatever. Protect + Pressure is also pretty cool against things like stone edge, Foul Play does 56-67 vs tops, there's some kinda cool things on this. It was better when Entei was more relevant because you could switch in to pressure espeed pp and pursuit and not be entirely boned by a flare blitz mispredict.

While I'm thinking about it I might as well make a (hopefully) complete list of moves Druddigon can viably run organized by typing, so

Dark - Crunch (252 HP Golurk takes 96 min from LO sheer force), Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Taunt
Dragon - Dragon Tail, Dragon Claw, Outrage (I don't think Draco Meteor is viable?)
Electric - ThunderPunch (~60% to Mola)
Fighting - Superpower, Focus Blast (Hits Steelix for ~75 min I guess, idk why it's used outside of that)
Fire - Fire Punch, Flamethrower
Ground - Earthquake, Bulldoze (Bulldoze + Thunderpunch on LO drud kills Qwilfish and only lets it get one layer, you also do mean things to golurk switch ins with it, requires max speed. This is 100% theorymon)
Normal - Roar, Substitute, Sleep Talk, Glare
Poison - Toxic (gunk shot kinda sucks so I won't count it, it doesn't hit the only grass you struggle with anyways)
Rock - Stealth Rock
Water - Aqua Tail, Surf (ohko on Rhydon and 2hko on Steelix)

I mean, a few are pretty damn questionable like bulldoze and surf but still, you can make drud hit literally whatever you need it to hit.

Tbh I didn't have that much new stuff this season, and I posted everything in my other thread. I'll make a new post if I remember anything more though.

edit: i forgot glare

Last edited:

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

FEOraligatr @ Metronome
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Block
- Rest

I was sadly unable to unleash this set's full potential in the one week I had to play RU. Set up on Alomomola and defensive Qwilfish and really weak Slowking. At +6 and after one (or two?) Metronome boosts, you should be able to kill Druddigon. Might be able to set up on Slowking with Leftovers + a defensive EV spread. Recipient of the Iris Innovation Seal of Approval.

Last edited:
This doesn't belong in the analysis forum - I moved this to the regular BW RU thread as this is mostly discussion based and it will have more visibility here.

(If you do believe the set you posted should be in an analysis post it in the thread in analysis form, and be sure to differentiate a new set, a minor change, and a situational mon or gimmick if you do)

Last edited:
Some other stuff that I used:

TV-Rocket (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Bulky Scarf Rotom-N with Wisp, better spinbloker against Kabutops and just a great utility all-round.

Rotom-F (Rotom-Frost) @ Wide Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Will-O-Wisp
- Blizzard

Only way to go with Rotom-F in RU imo I know that Wide Lens doesnt help a lot with the accuracy but is something (and the only bad thing that have to tried to fix), 77% to hit Blizzard (or Thunder in case of using this) and more consistent WoW, hits effective top threat such Druddigon, Rotom-C, Alomomola, Golurk etc. WoW is just against stuff like Escavalier, Cryogonal or Lanturn being a bit more consistent because Wide Lens.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Magic Coat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

P. self explanatory, I used Toxic Golurk too, helps defend against Mola, Qwil, etc., I used Magic Coat b/c I needed a good anti-lead and fuck Aero so that my bird spam team could do work.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SDef / 64 Spd
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Heal Bell
- Roost

The SpecsTile counter n_n

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Krokorok @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

I used this in a test against SV as a joke but it killed like four of his mons. It's bulky enough and surprisingly strong.

Durant @ Insect Plate
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Protect

This is a really good set that SV alluded to in his post. I used it along with Toxic Spikes so that Durant could use Protect to get that little bit of extra damage. It can beat Mola on the switch-in because it does like 40-45%, but it's not as good if your opponent has Qwilfish over Mola. Protect is also good for scouting and stuff.

Other things I used were Foul Play Amoonguss to help me 6-0 double01, Choice bluff Emboar to beat Nails through Protect (although it was outsped by Seismitoad cause I ran bulk over Speed), and physically defensive Gatr which was completely inferior to Alomomola. I've also used Nails's Aero set with Stone Edge, Fire Blast, Aqua Tail, and Roost with similar EVs.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Didn't look at all the sets posted but heres some strong ones that sv may or may not have used:

Rotom-Frost @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

A very good lure for ground types and wrecked many cores that SPL used at that time.

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

Nails talked about this set in irc once and it is very strong especially when paired with rotom-f forming a fierce volt-turn core. Provides a great speed tier as well as a great offensive check to sceptile.

Scolipede @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

A really strong mon that can do some sweeping and then pass to other physical offensive threats once it can't kill something (Golurk). Also alomomola can't even break subs so that is a bonus.

There was some other attempts at mons that I don't feel like posting like subSD bouf / SD heal bell Leafeon / SubDD Fraxure. Overall this meta was awesome and tons of creative sets came out of this tier.

Nails

Double Threat
SV informed me sdef mower wasn't on the analysis which shocked me because sdef grasses have always been really good. But ya, sdef mower.

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 HP
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

You pivot with it endlessly because it dgf about anything (hazards, opposing pokemon, etc) and it burns stuff. Pain split if you're a wimp, HP Fire if people start using Escavalier again or you really hate Amoongus or need to have it counter Magneton. Actually being close to a hard counter to Magneton (you don't care much about hp fire from non-specs mag and resist its stabs) while putting quite a bit of pressure on defensive teams is a pretty good niche for it. I should've used that mon more tbh.

Last edited:

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
SV's set dump post 2. Lots of this stuff has been used before, but a lot of it has been forgotten / less used so I figured I might as well post them *_*.

Neilson (Torterra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Def
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Actually amazing, this thing tanks shit so fkin well holy shit. Checks basically all electrics (unless HP Ice), Rock-types, Ground-types, and literally tanks hits from like everything extremely well in general (Scarf Rotom-C does ~45% with Leaf Storm lmao). Kinda Moltres bait, so run a Moltres counter with it, but this thing is rly strong.

OGLEMI (Steelix) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Spd / 200 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Explosion

This set got posted in c&c already but posting it here cuz its my baby. Steelix set that I made for the super sexy team I made to fight HotNCold that was designed to be a solid switch in to stuff like Aggron, Escavalier, Durant, etc etc while still being able to pose a decent threat offensively and preserve momentum through Explosion.

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Spd / 52 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes
- Thunderbolt

An interesting choice for a spiker. Its a suicide spiker like Qwilfish, but seperates itself from that thanks to Weak Armor, which lets you set up Spikes / Tspikes easier against faster teams. The last slot can also be tailored to whatever you need; I like Tbolt since Garbodor can lure out Qwilfish sometimes, and 2hkoing it is kinda nice, but there's stuff like Giga Drain that can be used too if you want more longevity / the ability to kill Kabutops.

Adam (Moltres) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Probably Moltres's best set rn since defensive Slowking isn't too common. Fast, extremely powerful, and very capable of sweeping through teams. Hurricane alone blows through pretty much everything, Fire Blast gives a slightly more reliable STAB that still 2HKOes Aerodactyl that use Nails's spread after Stealth Rock, U-turn is U-turn. Last slot is kinda filler, but HP Grass / Sleep Talk are both good; HP Grass revenges SS Omastar, Sleep Talk lets you come in on Lilligant / Amoonguss and take the sleep easily. Also makes a nice check to Sceptile, which is always appreciated.

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes / Synthesis / Rest
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The only Roselia I would use nowadays honestly. Much easier to fit onto teams than SDef Rose since it's not as vulnerable to Pursuit (and thus Druddigon), and is still a decent check to Sceptile that don't have Acrobatics or super effective Hidden Power (which is surprisingly quite a few). Second slot depends on team needs; use Tspikes if you have a mola, use a recovery move if you don't.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Ice Beam

Criminally underrated set and pkmn, this set is really really good against a lot of the meta right now. Sets up reliably on Alomomola / Qwilfish, has Lovely Kiss to shut something down, and takes advantage of the fact that Escavalier, Slowking and physical fires have fallen a lot of out favour due to the popularity of Alomomola / Qwilfish. Basically tears apart those Druddigon / Qwilfish, Alomomola / Steelix cores really easily, and just smacks around a lot of pkmn with its powerful Ice STAB, which happens to be rly strong rn since there aren't actually that many good Ice resists.

More later maybe n_n.

just thought i'd mention that the spdef rotom-c has an inefficient EV spread; a spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 172 SpD / 80 Spe w/Calm yields the same HP, SpA, and Speed, but with 9 more Special Defense

Nails

Double Threat
just thought i'd mention that the spdef rotom-c has an inefficient EV spread; a spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 172 SpD / 80 Spe w/Calm yields the same HP, SpA, and Speed, but with 9 more Special Defense
I couldn't find the team which had it so I copied an offensive mower set and edited the evs and forgot to change the nature. It's supposed to be max sdef calm.

Gothorita @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spd
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Rest
- Toxic

I used this on my trap team, one of the best niche mons in RU tier, probably best set to go with Gothorita, destroys balance and stall teams, just killing key mons and/or trying to sweep with CM + Rest.

And used this before in RU slam also :u

Flor (Skuntank) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SAtk / 28 SDef / 144 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

wallbreaker/lure/trapper skuntank, a strong utility all-round if you need a good check to special grasses/ghost/psychic types, priority, fire blast donks steel types + tangrowth, pursuit kills slowking..

EDIT: 1 K :]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)