Battle Spot Probably garbage

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Team Overview
So, I normally play Ubers. Therefore, it's quite challenging to find a good team to use without using most of the Pokemon I'm used to. So, I go to you guys to help find a better team. This is supposed to be either a stall or offensive team, depending on what the situation calls for. Anyway, let's get on with the team.

1. Aggron

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
Heavy Slam
Avalanche
Stealth Rock
Toxic

And to kick off, we have Aggron. This is the one from the giveaway by Xen a while back, so thanks for that. But It's intended to be a Stealth Rock setter in case the opponent has any threatening Pokemon like Charizard-Y or Volcorona. Also, I can use it to tank Ice or Fairy attacks that could threaten the other Pokemon on the team. Heavy Slam could deal some very painful attacks on these Pokemon, and Avalanche is just painful in general, giving it an offensive presence. I believe it will function better in the Battle Spot because it only has to survive a battle that's 3v3 instead of 6v6, effectivley halving the chip damage it hates, so that's why I'm using it over other possible tanks and Stealth Rock setters.

2. Aegislash

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 204 HP / 164 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
Substitute
Toxic
Shadow Ball
King's Shield

Next up is Aegislash. This one is a bit more in my comfort zone, being in Uber. I actually used it a bit when I first started playing in the tier. It's an extremely efficient tank, and being able to switch between the defensive and offensive stances gives it some real utility. So, Subsitute protects it from nasty status and powerful attacks, while it spits Toxic from behind. I have it in as a replacement for Aggron if Stealth Rock isn't needed or if I need a bit more of an offensive presence. Other than that, I will never use this with Aggron, and it preforms the same role, as well as being able to actually recover HP and defend itself against status.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Fly
Extreme Speed

Now we have Dragonite. It's just so powerful. I have swept many, many teams with this. I just click Dragon Dance, let Multiscale do it's thing, and blow through everything in my way. Earthquake is just a spammable move, and Fly can turn into Supersonic Skystrike for a one-time nuke to blast through walls like Skarmory. It's also good for some fun mind games. Extreme Speed is for some last-ditch damage, to finish off a crippled target, etc. I have seen some Pokemon that blast through it's Multiscale with Blizzard, but Aggron/Aegislash can take those attacks decently, and clap back with Heavy Slam/Shadow Ball.

4. Hydreigon

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse

Up next is Hydreigon, the impossible-to-spell Pokemon. It's Special Attack is ludacris, further proof Game Freak was high during generation 5. Adding maximum SpA EVs and Choice Specs lets it pretty much OHKO anything that isn't a special wall, making it great for any cleanup required if a sweep failed. Flash Cannon is in there to put the hurt on Fairy and Ice-type Pokemon if one will come. Also, because Aggron and Aegislash are weak to Ground-type moves, they can be used to do the ol' bait and switch to give Hydreigon a great oppourtunity to sweep or hit a wall hard to support Dragonite or Latios in a sweep. I was originally going to do a Life Orb set but that contradicted with Tornadus' Life Orb.

5. Tornadus-Therian

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Hurricane
Knock Off
U-Turn
Defog

Now we have Tornadus. It came from the giveaway from Blueforce. Thanks! It's very support-oriented, able to really help Dragonite sweep, as well as using Knock Off to remove any Choice items or berries Dragonite might not like. It can also use Defog to remove Stealth Rocks that'll break Dragonite's Multiscale. It can also use U-Turn as a faux recover and to switch into Aggron/Aegislash if it needed to. It's a great partner for Dragonite, and it also helps all the other Pokemon on my team in a bit less of a dramatic way by just removing items and Stealth Rocks, and dishing out a lot of damage to make a sweep just *that* much easier.

6. Latios

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
Psychic
Earthquake
Hidden Power
Roost

Last and probably least is Latios. It also came from Blueforce's giveaway. Thank you! But, it's one of my offensive Pokemon. Maximum SpA EVs and a Soul Dew lets Psychic rip though most Pokemon. Hidden Power and Earthquake for coverage and Roost for recovery. So, it's supposed to be an emergency backup sweeper if Dragonite faints really early or if it can't join the match for whatever reason, but knowing myself I'll probably use it as a Psychic-type variant of Hydreigon, or a faster yet weaker variant and make it perform the same role if I needed to.

And that's it, my garbage team ready for cleanup. It's also the first team I made that used actual pictures and animations, so tell me if you like it or not. However I don't really know what to put here, so I'm going to leave this up to you. Thanks for reading and please rate!

Hi, i'll go straight to the point. The team as it is doesn't look very solid. So i'm sorry but this rate will shake things up a little.
At glance the first thing that comes to mind is that you should really use a consistent mega outside of Mega Aggron, since even though having a very bulky SR lead could be ideal in a 6v6 format, in the 3v3 you do need to have more fire power with your mega.

Mega Metagross, outside of being a steel-type itself like Maggron, pairs well with both Hydreigon and Dnite and I really recommend it here.

@ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Level: 50
EVs: 108 HP / 204 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

The speed let it outspeed base 100 with a neutral speed nature. The bulk is to take a +1 Eq from Adamant MMence.

at this point you need a third member for your Metag / Hydra-Dnite core.

Usually Hippowdon is a great partner for them, cause it can set rocks and yawn until you gain the momentum to setup a DD or just blow things up with metag's strenght or hydra's huge SpA.
Sash Landorus-T can work too, since even Rock Tomb + INtimidate can be ideal for this strategy.

With your Rocks + Steel/Dragon core, you would have 7 mons. Now, since you already have two dragons and two steel types, i'd switch out Latios for one of the upwritten ones, because Aegislash can still be pretty strong with both, Hydra and Dnite.

At this point the team has:
Hippo-Lando / MMeta / Hydra / Tornadus / Dnite / Aegislash

...and Tapu Fini would fit perfectly in it.

@ Waterium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

This can be a pretty useful tool vs setup sweepers such as Mega Charizard X or fire/dragon types in general (just keep in mind that its aura will weaken your Draco Meteor damage if you're going to hit a pokemon that doesn't fly, but luckily most dragons do fly), outside of completing a Dragon-Steel-Fairy core.
Metag/Hydra or Dnite/Fini is indeed a pretty strong core.

Id say Fini > Dnite here.

At last, if you can switch out Tornadus for Thundurus-T you'd have a pretty balanced and hard hitting offensive team. That will look like this:

Hippo or Lando-T / MMetag / Hydreigon / Aegislash / Fini / Thundurus-T

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Hi, i'll go straight to the point. The team as it is doesn't look very solid. So i'm sorry but this rate will shake things up a little.
At glance the first thing that comes to mind is that you should really use a consistent mega outside of Mega Aggron, since even though having a very bulky SR lead could be ideal in a 6v6 format, in the 3v3 you do need to have more fire power with your mega.

Mega Metagross, outside of being a steel-type itself like Maggron, pairs well with both Hydreigon and Dnite and I really recommend it here.

@ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 108 HP / 204 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

The speed let it outspeed base 100 with a neutral speed nature. The bulk is to take a +1 Eq from Adamant MMence.

at this point you need a third member for your Metag / Hydra-Dnite core.

Usually Hippowdon is a great partner for them, cause it can set rocks and yawn until you gain the momentum to setup a DD or just blow things up with metag's strenght or hydra's huge SpA.
Sash Landorus-T can work too, since even Rock Tomb + INtimidate can be ideal for this strategy.

With your Rocks + Steel/Dragon core, you would have 7 mons. Now, since you already have two dragons and two steel types, i'd switch out Latios for one of the upwritten ones, because Aegislash can still be pretty strong with both, Hydra and Dnite.

At this point the team has:
Hippo-Lando / MMeta / Hydra / Tornadus / Dnite / Aegislash

...and Tapu Fini would fit perfectly in it.

@ Waterium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

This can be a pretty useful tool vs setup sweepers such as Mega Charizard X or fire/dragon types in general (just keep in mind that its aura will weaken your Draco Meteor damage if you're going to hit a pokemon that doesn't fly, but luckily most dragons do fly), outside of completing a Dragon-Steel-Fairy core.
Metag/Hydra or Dnite/Fini is indeed a pretty strong core.

Id say Fini > Dnite here.

At last, if you can switch out Tornadus for Thundurus-T you'd have a pretty balanced and hard hitting offensive team. That will look like this:

Hippo or Lando-T / MMetag / Hydreigon / Aegislash / Fini / Thundurus-T
Amazing rate, thank you! Will apply right away!

Idk if you are still looking for advice. But you should know that Soul Dew is banned and EVs that are multiples of 8 don't help at lvl 50. I.e., your Maggron's HP and Def EVs give the same as 244 HP and 4 Def, so just move 4 from Def to max HP. Impish is 4x as common on Aggron though Adamant is by far the most common. Do you really need Careful? It seems better to play to the mon's strengths, it often has to switch vs special attackers anyway. Is Avalanche legal? I doubt it because it'd be better than Ice Punch if it was and usage stats list IP at 82% but Avalanche is not there.

I'm not sure if you could fit Earth Power over Flash Cannon mayb on Hydreigon, it's a very good move. Either way have you considered Flamethrower? Obviously that gets some of the fire targets, Ferro, Celeteela, etc, just fine still, while Aegi is not OHKOd by eithr and if you haven't locked in Dark Pulse is better vs that and Metagross anyway.

Solerme is right you should not use Latios, and especially not Tornadus. But if you were to Defog isn't very good. I get the idea but in 3v3 rocks are by no means a sure thing. Also max SpA and -Atk nature seems bad when 2/3 of its attacks are physical, and Hurricane is not reliable. For Latios I definitely would not go mixed. It has a fairly good SpD stat an unipressive attack anyways, Also it has a very big movepool so more soecial coverage or a utility move loike Memento w/ a Timid nature is bettr. You should use a Z-move, probably Fini as suggested. I often don't have one on my teams, guess I'm not too used to them.

EDIT well ofc the DNite but like megas two users is ok

lol they totally changed it this gen. Ok boost on STABs...but dragon/psychic isn't even good coverage. So it's no good. Also, if you do want to keep using Latios, which is fine, definitely do not use Roost. Latias is bulkier while this one hits harder so using recovery leaves it a bit outclassed.

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
lol they totally changed it this gen. Ok boost on STABs...but dragon/psychic isn't even good coverage. So it's no good. Also, if you do want to keep using Latios, which is fine, definitely do not use Roost. Latias is bulkier while this one hits harder so using recovery leaves it a bit outclassed.
I was using Pokemon from giveaways because I’m too lazy to actually make a competitively viable ‘mon from scratch. My team isn’t the only thing that’s garbage!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)