Resource PU Matchmaking! (Week 9.1: Aurorus)

Looks like its time to bring this back.

With there being so few nominations I'll just skip over Oricorio-G, sorry!

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Aurorus has been one of the few Pokemon that has gotten introduced with the new tier shifts, so I thought we'd look into some good teammates for it n_n. Aurorus has a strong Ice-type STAB which allows it to hit a majority of the tier for atleast neutral damage, this coupled with its coverage moves makes it a very scary wallbreaker.

Submissions will be due Thursday the 15th.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up

Palossand is a pretty good partner for Aurorus as it has the ability to check Rock- and Fighting-type moves aimed at Aurorus while getting up rocks that wear down Aurorus's checks so it can pick up more KOs with Blizzard. Aurorus also beats most Grass- and Water-types with Blizzard or Freeze-Dry respectively that Palossand has trouble against though Aurorus can't switch into these super effective hits.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Passimian.png

Passimian @ Choice Band
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Aurorus beats pretty much every single Passimian counter it U-Turns out on, like Spiritomb, Palossand, and Weezing. Passimian threatens bulky Normal- and Steel-types like Miltank and AV Aggron. The two of them together pretty much guarantee that you're fine on the wallbreaking side, and they don't stack any problematic weaknesses or anything. This is probably only the second best purely offensive partner, but I didn't feel like posting Alolan Sandslash so yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)