Project PU Sample Teams V2 [accepting submissions] [ORAS only]

Got a few other teams I wanted to submit; i've had them for a long time but only decided to post now.

I noticed NU had a rain team in their Samples, so I decided to add one of mine. I also wanted to add a fun VoltTurn team to the mix, since there is a lack of that currently. I found these two teams very very easy to use; that is why I'm submitting them today. I'll admit my previous team above probably isn't the best team for a beginner to use, but these two teams should make up for it somewhat.

Good Ol' Standard PU Rain

Relicanth @ Damp Rock
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Head Smash

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Aqua Jet

Gorebyss @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Volbeat @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- U-turn

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Armaldo @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

So this Rain team is as standard as you're gonna get, and it's one of the more effective ones too, utilizing special sweeper Gorebyss and Physical Sweepers in Floatzel and Armaldo. Regardless, Reli is the team's lead most of the time, setting up Rocks as well as setting up the rain. It's bulky, decently fast, and is any rain team's best normal resist. Don't sack off Reli if you don't have to. Float is a staple on any good rain team, as it is one of the fastest Swift Swim users and Life Orb Waterfalls in the rain dent almost anything that doesn't resist it. Shell Smash Gorebyss was chosen over Golduck as a more powerful special attacker and has the ability to sweep or break opposing teams for other team members to sweep. Most of the time, many teams have no switch in for Life Orb Surfs in the Rain and Shell Smash allows Byss to break bulkier teams. Volbeat is also a staple on rain teams, with its ability to set up priority Rain, priority encore, ability to paralyze a troubling mon at will, or pivot with U-turn for momentum. It's also the "grass resist" of rain teams. Next we have Zebstrika, the "electric immunity" for rain teams. Zebstrika provides a way to switch in to electric moves that may threaten a water mon, and it also provides nice VoltTurn combination with Volbeat. Lastly Armaldo is added for even more physical power; it excels in the rain and without Machoke in the meta.

And the second one is Specs BEM VoltTurn

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Scald

This is a nice offensive team that is centered around Specs Beheeyem either nuking things or softening up the opposing team. Many VoltTurn teams struggle to deal with tanky mons such as Stunfisk, Gabite, Tangela, etc, so Beheeyem is a great way of seriously pressuring these types of mons. Added U-Turn Monferno to begin the VoltTurn core and to check dark types that outspeed BEM and KO it such as Pawn, Cacturne and Mightyena. Jolly was the preferred nature as Monferno likes to outspeed Grumpig and deal massive damage with U-Turn. At this point the team needed a bird check and normal check, so tank Golem was added, serving as a reliable rocker as well. Needing some more speed, and a powerful sweeping presence, SD Quick Feet Ursaring was added since it thrives on momentum, allowing it to safely activate its Toxic Orb and spam Facade. Adding to the VoltTurn core was standard Scarf Rotom with Volt Switch, and it is very good at maintaining momentum and pressuring opponents with its BoltBeam combo. Lastly, i added on a defensive Lumineon to check Monferno, Floatzel, and to defog hazard stackers that annoy VoltTurn cores, and to also pick up momentum with U-Turn. Speed can be added for Cacturne if desired.

Last edited:

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi, I will be submitting my rmt Taystee as a sample team. It fares well against the current meta and is pretty standard and straightforward to be classified as a sample team.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

The team is a balanced volt-turn team with a strong defensive core. Rotom-F, Monferno and Lumi create the momentum core and the rest support it. Gourgeist-Super is this teams resist to ground, water, normal and grass types. It can check or counter many of PU’s premier offensive Pokemon such as Golem, Leafeon, and Stoutland. Gourgeist Ghost typing also allows it to work as the teams spinblocker. Lumineon provides excellent role compression to this team where it serves as the teams primary water check and hazard control while being a slow pivot that creates appreciated momentum to Rotom and ferno. U-turn Ferno was added for extra momentum and because of its resistances to Grass, Ice and Dark types mons notably Pawniard, Cacturne, Rotom-Frost and Leafeon. The team felt slow so I added Rotom-F to revenge kill, trick and add momentum. The team was looking rather weak to normal and psychic types and muk and thus Klang was chosen as an additional normal check for the team that serves as late-game win con. It great steel-typing and resistance to psychic, dark, grass, fairy and dragon moves solidified the squad as a defensive balanced team. Finally, I needed an answer to other momentum teams and Monferno and Stunfisk was chosen to perform those roles, provide rocks and eliminate momentum. More description is also available on the rmt post http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/taystee-klang-balanced-team-peaked-2.3578772/#post-6932680

The replays to support it in the current meta include:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-427347425 - battle with Kay
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-423409590 - battle with Dibs
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-422069028 - battle with cryalot
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-413124861 - battle with Breaknow
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-427362086 - battle with Levohl

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We really need teams D: here's a solid team of mine that gives some representation to muk. I'll update soon once the other people who promised to drop a team have posted (and if it wasn't clear, we haven't added any of the recent ones for one issue or another)
Stout-Muk Balance
508.png
122.png
089.png
523.png
476.png
394.png

This was supposed to be a very basic balance team with 2 strong breakers, one faster cleaner, and some defensive things with a wincon. You go into stout and mime as much as possible to break stuff, probo pivots around, prinplup helps tank hits from waters, zebstrika is the electric immunity and bit of speed control since the team lacks a scarfer, and muk is a really stupid wincon since both stout and mime are supposed to be checked by Steel-types so you can just fodder them to remove the steel and win by cursing. The team should definitely be played on the offensive side and certain threats can be a pain (in particular you'll note muk is the team's leafeon stop) but it can be quite easy to overwhelm opposing teams with 2 stupid breakers so that never feels too hard.
Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Mr. Mime @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Poison Jab
- Curse

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Signal Beam
- Yawn

Megazard called for teams, and I see a definitive lack of Cacturne, so let's fix that. This is from my RMT Rose Tattoo.
Dodrio+Cacturne HO

The team is based around general wallbreaking with CB Dodrio+Special Cacturne with an SD Mawile to break the stuff the former two have issues with, such as Clefairy and Vullaby. After the main walls are broken and the offensive mons are worn down, Scarf Mr. Mime cleans up, and can also give one of the wallbreakers or Rotom a second chance with Healing Wish. Rotom-S is here to spread Will-O-Wisp and be another Mach Punch resist, meaning it's better to use it early game in order for burns to do as much damage as possible. Golem is here for the rocks, the normal resistance, and the immense pressure it places with +2 attacks from Weakness Policy. This is HO, and as such, it requires double-switching and highly offensive play.

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Will-O-Wisp

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
EnemyJurist beat me to it, but here's my Cacturne team that I considered posting here a while ago before forgetting about it.

Desert Oasis (Grass/Fire/Water Balance)

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Superpower

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect

Lapras @ Choice Specs
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
The focus of this team is wearing down the opponent enough to put Arbok in a position to sweep. Cacturne and Lapras are used to soften up the opponent's team while Camerupt and Vullaby act as switch ins for any opposing revenge killers. Mr. Mime is the team's failsafe by acting as a revenge killer, but also by being able to heal one of its teammates with Healing Wish in case they take too much damage before finishing their job. Arbok can be used throughout the battle for its Intimidate support and revenge killing capability, but it should be kept healthy until the opponent's team is weak enough. At that time, Arbok can set up Coil and go for a sweep.

EnemyJurist beat me to it, but here's my Cacturne team that I considered posting here a while ago before forgetting about it.

Desert Oasis (Grass/Fire/Water Balance)

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Superpower

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect

Lapras @ Choice Specs
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
The focus of this team is wearing down the opponent enough to put Arbok in a position to sweep. Cacturne and Lapras are used to soften up the opponent's team while Camerupt and Vullaby act as switch ins for any opposing revenge killers. Mr. Mime is the team's failsafe by acting as a revenge killer, but also by being able to heal one of its teammates with Healing Wish in case they take too much damage before finishing their job. Arbok can be used throughout the battle for its Intimidate support and revenge killing capability, but it should be kept healthy until the opponent's team is weak enough. At that time, Arbok can set up Coil and go for a sweep.
With all due respect, I found your team to have quite a few holes in it (Saying "with all due respect" because I realize critiques online can come across as unintentionally harsh). Protect on SpDef Camerupt makes it extremely vunerable to being setup fodder for offensive Grumpig, which is quite a problem for this team already as it can find opportunities to setup on Camel/Mime locked into psychic/Lapras locked into an ice move and force 50/50s with cacturne and Arbok while doing 45.7 - 53.9% to Vullaby after a +1 Calm Mind. Perhaps roar would be a more suitable fit. Your team also has huge problems against golem. Once golem gets in on say Camel/Vullaby/Arbok, it proceeds to get kills on everything unless you switch Cacturne into an earthquake, which is still doing around 50%. Overall, the build looks decent enough but I just feel like the Golem/Grumpig weakness is too big and perhaps you may need to make some tweaks to accommodate it. Hope this critique helps!
Replay on ladder (Didn't build this team to specifically to counter it, just so happen to be using this squad recently): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-434129590

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With all due respect, I found your team to have quite a few holes in it (Saying "with all due respect" because I realize critiques online can come across as unintentionally harsh). Protect on SpDef Camerupt makes it extremely vunerable to being setup fodder for offensive Grumpig, which is quite a problem for this team already as it can find opportunities to setup on Camel/Mime locked into psychic/Lapras locked into an ice move and force 50/50s with cacturne and Arbok while doing 45.7 - 53.9% to Vullaby after a +1 Calm Mind. Perhaps roar would be a more suitable fit. Your team also has huge problems against golem. Once golem gets in on say Camel/Vullaby/Arbok, it proceeds to get kills on everything unless you switch Cacturne into an earthquake, which is still doing around 50%. Overall, the build looks decent enough but I just feel like the Golem/Grumpig weakness is too big and perhaps you may need to make some tweaks to accommodate it. Hope this critique helps!
Replay on ladder (Didn't build this team to specifically to counter it, just so happen to be using this squad recently): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-434129590
To be honest, your opponent played Arbok much more carelessly than I do, but I have to admit that was a difficult situation that he was in. The team has worked great for me, but I admit the Golem weakness might be too big of an issue. Maybe it's not as intuitive as I thought it was, in which case it's probably not the best choice for a sample team. Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely have to look into your suggestions.

Reactions: TJ
Rotom-S Bulky Offense

Rotom-S is such an underrated utility mon that I just had to design a team around it. Usually my premise behind making sample teams is that the team should be really simple and easy for beginners to use. However, in this meta it's very difficult to build a 'standard' team that doesn't lose to common threats so I had to get somewhat creative and use non-standard sets that will require some prediction.

As I menioned, Rotom-S is the focal point of this team. Rotom-S checks man common threats in the meta such as Monferno, Cacturne, Leafeon, Pawniard, and the list continues. Prinplup serves multiple purposes such as necessary hazard control, a water check, and a Golem check. I gave it Signal beam to bop Cacturne which usually gets in for free on Prin. Together with Rotom and Golem the 3 can check the majority of physical mons in the tier. The team overall somewhat struggles with special attackers but this is somewhat mitigated by the offensive nature of the team and the many type immunities and resists the team possesses. Choice Band Golem serves as the teams wallbreaker, normal check, and electric. CB Golem works nicely with both Rapidash and SD Boufflant. What makes this trio especially effective is that most Golem checks (except Gourgeist) such as Prinplup, Tangela, and Leafeon are set up on by SD Bouff. Rapidash helps CB Golem handle grass types and serves as another Cacturne check for the team. Not to mention Rapidash is solid in this meta anyways. Mr.Mime is standard but I chose Trick > Focus Blast to help with the stall matchup and to help with annoying mons like Clef and Duo.

There's more reasons why I used these mons but I'm lazy.

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Pain Split

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Signal Beam

Golem @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Drill Run
- Will-O-Wisp

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Trick

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We really need teams D: here's a solid team of mine that gives some representation to muk. I'll update soon once the other people who promised to drop a team have posted (and if it wasn't clear, we haven't added any of the recent ones for one issue or another)
Stout-Muk Balance
View attachment 69072 View attachment 69075 View attachment 69076 View attachment 69073 View attachment 69077 View attachment 69074
This was supposed to be a very basic balance team with 2 strong breakers, one faster cleaner, and some defensive things with a wincon. You go into stout and mime as much as possible to break stuff, probo pivots around, prinplup helps tank hits from waters, zebstrika is the electric immunity and bit of speed control since the team lacks a scarfer, and muk is a really stupid wincon since both stout and mime are supposed to be checked by Steel-types so you can just fodder them to remove the steel and win by cursing. The team should definitely be played on the offensive side and certain threats can be a pain (in particular you'll note muk is the team's leafeon stop) but it can be quite easy to overwhelm opposing teams with 2 stupid breakers so that never feels too hard.
Stoutland @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Mr. Mime @ TwistedSpoon
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Muk @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Poison Jab
- Curse

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Signal Beam
- Yawn
Megazard called for teams, and I see a definitive lack of Cacturne, so let's fix that. This is from my RMT Rose Tattoo.
Dodrio+Cacturne HO

The team is based around general wallbreaking with CB Dodrio+Special Cacturne with an SD Mawile to break the stuff the former two have issues with, such as Clefairy and Vullaby. After the main walls are broken and the offensive mons are worn down, Scarf Mr. Mime cleans up, and can also give one of the wallbreakers or Rotom a second chance with Healing Wish. Rotom-S is here to spread Will-O-Wisp and be another Mach Punch resist, meaning it's better to use it early game in order for burns to do as much damage as possible. Golem is here for the rocks, the normal resistance, and the immense pressure it places with +2 attacks from Weakness Policy. This is HO, and as such, it requires double-switching and highly offensive play.

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Will-O-Wisp
Rotom-S Bulky Offense

Rotom-S is such an underrated utility mon that I just had to design a team around it. Usually my premise behind making sample teams is that the team should be really simple and easy for beginners to use. However, in this meta it's very difficult to build a 'standard' team that doesn't lose to common threats so I had to get somewhat creative and use non-standard sets that will require some prediction.

As I menioned, Rotom-S is the focal point of this team. Rotom-S checks man common threats in the meta such as Monferno, Cacturne, Leafeon, Pawniard, and the list continues. Prinplup serves multiple purposes such as necessary hazard control, a water check, and a Golem check. I gave it Signal beam to bop Cacturne which usually gets in for free on Prin. Together with Rotom and Golem the 3 can check the majority of physical mons in the tier. The team overall somewhat struggles with special attackers but this is somewhat mitigated by the offensive nature of the team and the many type immunities and resists the team possesses. Choice Band Golem serves as the teams wallbreaker, normal check, and electric. CB Golem works nicely with both Rapidash and SD Boufflant. What makes this trio especially effective is that most Golem checks (except Gourgeist) such as Prinplup, Tangela, and Leafeon are set up on by SD Bouff. Rapidash helps CB Golem handle grass types and serves as another Cacturne check for the team. Not to mention Rapidash is solid in this meta anyways. Mr.Mime is standard but I chose Trick > Focus Blast to help with the stall matchup and to help with annoying mons like Clef and Duo.

There's more reasons why I used these mons but I'm lazy.

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Pain Split

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Signal Beam

Golem @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Drill Run
- Will-O-Wisp

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Trick
The above teams have been added and I've removed the most outdated of the previous samples. Still would love more submissions but congrats to these three teams for making the cut!

i used this team a lot and i think its decent

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Duosion @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Acid Armor

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Knock Off

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
- Return / Baton Pass

Standard stuff with Duosion acting as main win condition while switching around a lot with U-turns and Volt Switches. Golem runs a more defensive spread to have a more solid answer to Muk and especially Dodrio and Stoutland, Cryogonal provides vital Rapid Sping support while checking more or less any special attacker in the tier (it's also runnig Knock Off since it's really nice to remove stuff like Leftovers from more defensive Pokemon or a Choice item from the likes of Rotom-F or Lapras). I opted for Lightning Rod Zebstrika to have a slightly better matchup versus Rotom-F. I guess Duosion can also be replaced by Clefairy, but this leaves the team a bit weaker on the specially defensive side and against Muk. Monferno is also essential to deal with Pawniard.
e: added scarf x-scissor leafeon since a couple of people found it troublesome to deal with physical cacturne (which is true). s/o to rivalet for the suggestion

Last edited:
Ninjask-Rotom Volt-Turn

Ninjask (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Facade

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Leafeon (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Frustration

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play

Stunfisk (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Ursaring (M) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

This team is pretty straightforward to use, and follows the typical VoltTurn playstyle of: send in a fast mon who hits hard, Volt Switch or U-Turn into something which deals with the mon your opponent has in better, then predict any switches and play accordingly.

As with any Volt-Turn team, this team hates Stealth Rocks, so carrying Vullaby or replacing it with something else with hazard removal is a must. Fortunately, due to the fact that Ninjask, Rotom-F and Vullaby are not grounded, other hazards don’t seem to bother the team so much: Webs only really bother Ursaring, Toxic Spikes only hurt Stunfisk and Leafeon, and Spikes are much less devastating than Stealth Rocks. Therefore, removing Stealth Rocks is a priority, but removing other hazards needn’t be, though is still preferable to do so unless one plans to use Toxic Spikes to give Ursaring Quick Feet boosts.

The sets are pretty self-explanatory, with most of them being very close to the recommended Smogon sets for each mon, with only their genders changed to minimise how effective Attract or other gender-dependent moves will be against the team.

Ursaring is a bit of a wildcard, carrying neither Protect nor Swords Dance and instead opting for Earthquake. This is because it allows it to deal with Mawile a lot better, which would otherwise cause the team considerable trouble, with the added benefit of hitting a few other mons such as Metang a little harder, too.
Lacking Protect, choosing when to send Ursaring in is crucial to its effectiveness. Thanks to Quick Feet and Facade, it can come in on any predicted status moves like Toxic or T-Wave. The perfect chance to send in Ursaring is after an opponent’s pokemon has been knocked out by U-Turn or Volt Switch from Ninjask or Rotom, or after Vullaby U-Turns against a faster mon, as this allows Ursaring a free status from Toxic Orb without having to risk coming in on an attack.

Leafeon dropped Return for Frustration in order to minimise the effectiveness of any Dittos it faces, but is otherwise identical to the Smogon set.

[//hide]

This team got me to 1530 Elo before a few losses caused my rating to plummet. Anyway, good luck, and have fun with the team!

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on posting this team until I lost in PU Open, and sadly I now did in r6. I ended up never losing with this team in Open (even in r6) so I figure it should hopefully be decent. It's based around Rock Polish + Weakness Policy Golem.

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Bullet Seed

Huntail @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Shell Smash

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost
- Foul Play

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 88 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

So this is probably my most successful team that I've made, and I figure I'd share it with everyone. It's fairly simple to use.

Clefairy is my rock setter and can be used to status, deal some halfway decent damage with moonblast (more than moonblast in a lot of cases) and is a good sp. def wall.
Vullaby is standard defogger to keep Golem's sturdy in check and can status with toxic and has foul play + defensive stats to take on physical attackers/sweepers.
Both have sustainable life with good forms of recover and enough bulk to take on many threats as well as have decent synergy with one another.

I have a standard FWG core with Monferno, Leafeon, and Huntail but different sets than normal on them.
Monferno has standard close combat, flare blitz, and mach punch. Has thunder punch as a lure for bulky water/flying defoggers such as pelipper or swanna and has eviolite to provide some slight bulk.
Leafeon is the sub-tox set. This enables it to take on all bulky defensive grasses in the tier with the ability to status and sub preventing damage and recover slight health back with lefties. It has standard knock off and I opted for bullet seed as a way to stop smeargle and golem leads.
Huntail is a specially based set rather than physical attacking purely because more expect the physical attacking and it has stronger STAB in Surf than waterfall. Still maintains sucker punch as a form of priority. Has Life Orb to add extra power to the hits.

Last but not least I have my favorite mon to use in PU: Rock Polish Weakness Policy Golem. When most people see this team, they think it's a standard lead or tank golem with a calm mind clefairy. But ofc it is not. This mon has won me more battles than any other. Basically maintain sturdy and rock polish on a mon that will use a super-effective move against you and sweep. It has enough speed to where at +2 it can sucker on floatzel's Aqua Jet and outspeed and with +2 atk, it can KO most threats in the tier with two strong stabs in equake and stone edge.

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
after all of this time, my first sample team submission. This team has yet to lose a ladder game iirc so I'm very excited to share it. I theorymonned with this core back when Muk dropped but shoutout to False. for being an awesome player :] and reminding me that it's a really good idea

edit:
[14:37:53] cryalot: i would edit the sample
[14:37:55] cryalot: and write
[14:38:05] cryalot: RESTALK METANG BEAT THIS TEAM

it 6-0'd me ;_;

Clefairy-Muk Bulky Offense

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Muk @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Probopass @ Air Balloon
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Sunny Day

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This team abuses the fact that Clefairy and Curse Muk have a decent match-up versus offense and the fact that a lot of teams' counter to Clefairy and CroMuk are tricking them a Scarf. The addition of Balloon Probopass allows it to trap stuff like Mawile, which normally prevents Clefairy or Muk from sweeping. The other three mons are put together in order to help Clefairy and CroMuk sweep.

I needed a fairly sturdy Water- and Fire-type check, but also a wallbreaker, so Politoed seemed to fit the bill. I needed a decent EdgeQuake resist so I added Yache Leafeon, as it also helps with things like Floatzel. I'm Sunny Day because it helps a bit with my speed problem and I don't really need SD, but you can run SD I guess, or Aerial Ace if you feel like you are seeing a ton of Monferno. Finally, I needed Speed and an Electric immunity, along with a final wallbreaker, so Zebstrika was a perfect glue mon.

So yeah, this team is fairly simple to use, just try to predict when they bring in their steel types ;3

Thanks and hope this makes it :]

Last edited:
insert cool name here

I was originally going to post an RMT on this team as my last one for generation six, but out of sheer laziness I didn't. I still wanted to be able to share this with everyone and think this is a really good offensive team for newer users. Anyways, I started off with a three Pokemon core in Stoutland Cacturne and Floatzel. I decided to choose these because these Pokemon together has great offensive synergy and puts pressure on a lot of other teams, whether it would be either of the Pokemon hitting something really hard, or it could be Floatzel Baton Passing to give something a free switch which can really turn the tides of a game. Afterwards, I decided to go with Golem as it is one of the most reliable offensive stealth rock setters in the tier while still maintaining a strong offensive presence. I then felt the need to protect these hazards so I decided to use one of my favorite Pokemon to use in the tier in Dusknoir. Dusknoir is able to soak some hits the rest of the team cannot and able to dish out a good amount of damage. Dusknoir also beats the best Offensive Rapid Spinner in Cryogonal as it forces it to switch out and it can easily Pursuit it for the kill. Lastly, I wanted another Monferno check and something that can provide momentum for the rest of the team. Rotom-Spin filled this spot as it is a pretty decent revenge killer with the ability to switch into Monferno's Close Combat and either force it out or hit back hard. I made another version of the team with Pawniard over Cacturne to be able to pressure Defoggers such as Lumineon who can speed creep Cacturne and put out a lot of damage but I've had more success running Cacturne.

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Facade

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Baton Pass

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Dusknoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Trick

Sand Balance

sets
Duosion @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Acid Armor

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Crunch
- Superpower

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Description
So this team is based around sand + Duosion, i did this because incredibly threatening mon right now, as it can punish scarfers for revenge killing and set up as most scarfers are too weak to 2hko it.
Stoutland functions as both a wallbreaker and cleaner due to sand stream doubling it's speed.
Spdef Vullaby and eviolite Hippopotas form this teams defensive backbone, which works surprisingly well with Hippopotas being a solid physical wall. And while I normally wouldn't use Spdef Vullaby, but its incredibly well as it provides a decent spdef switch in that doesn't get worn down by sand and provides defog support in one slot. However this defensive core does have an obvious obvious weakness to ice, but that is remedied fairly effectively by offensive pressure from the rest of the team.
Cacturne is an amazing special wallbreaker and priority user which appreciates opposing offensive mons being further worn down by Sand Stream, that also pressures ghosts and steels which Duosion and Stoutland struggle with. Like Cacturne, eviolite Monferno patches up weaknesses that would otherwise be troublesome to team, in this case ice and dark types, both of which eviolite Monferno nicely checks.

replay
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-446837174

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Ninetales Bouffalant BO
ninetales.gif bouffalant.gif lumineon.gif leafeon.gif golem.gif mr-mime.gif

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Focus Blast

Team was built with Lord Sample Team so S/O to him. Sub SD Bouffalant is a cool mon in the current meta. It sets up on most of the common passive mons in the tier such as, Lumineon, Defensive Mawile, and Clefairy. Next mon added was Ninetales to deal with Gourgeist and Misdreavus. Lumineon was added as a water check, defogger, and pivot. Tank Golem gives good role compression as a Bird and Normal resist, electric immunity, and gives rocks. We added Banded Leafeon for wall breaking capacity as well as a ground resist. Lastly, Mr. Mime was added as a revenge killer, and healing wish is great for giving Ninetales and Bouffalant another chance. Hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

Kobra (Arbok) @ Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Voltage (Zebstrika) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lighting Rod
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Wise (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Peli (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Chun (Monferno) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Michael Phelps (Floatzel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Return

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-466255340
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-466194462
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-466261523
So basically I built this team because I was bored and Wanted to use a Voltturn team. I began using this team and I had a lot of fun with it; I mean a lot of fun. It's a great time to use with the momentum and having a solid lead. Speaking of lead, Choice Scarf Monferno is almost always a must to lead with. If the matchup isn't favorable then simply U-turn out and switch into something that can even the odds. Usually this happens to be Pelipper depending on how fast the pokemon is. Pelipper is able to to tank 2 hits then U-turn out as the slower Pokemon allowing for a safe switch into Stoutland, Floatzel, or Arbok. From here you can do many things which include: predicting the shit out of your opponent when you force a switch, decide not to predict and do a lot of damage any way, switch back to someone who can gain more momentum, or switch to Pelipper so it can Roost and or Defog any hazards that may be on the field. Basically this is really simple and easy to use and I hope you have a blast with it as I did.

Last edited:

MZ

So there were 8 submissions since last update but ultimately the council didn't think any were sample worthy. Thanks to everybody for submitting though. We're also adding standard muk stuff by anty who was kind enough to drop me the team but not kind enough to write up a whole post (if u want something added in the description lmk)

SD MONFERNO OFFENSE

I felt that this is a very simple and strong team to use in the current cromuk shenenigans meta The meta has changed a lot since I made this team and its flaws got exposed so I decided to make some changes to keep this more relevant. The team still revolves around SD Monferno so naturally the team is designated to lure and clear the path for a ferno sweep. While the team is not particularly weak to hazards defog is always nice to have, so lumineon fills the bill while working as a water check for monferno. Furthermore, we got the wall lurer, Dusknoir, Dusknoir is great because it can check Muk and weaken or kill Monferno checks/counters . It also pursuit traps Mr Mime and Grumpig to make the monferno sweep possible. Next, since Muks are the popular thing rn and cromuk are already everywhere in sample teams, I wanted to use the CB version to show different possibilities The team needed a volt blocker bad and something to lure and break Quagsire, so CB golem filled the void of MUK. I chose Heavy Slam over SP or Explosion because it 2hkos Vibrava without having to explode and Probopass is not a big deal for this team. Now for our actual cromuk counter that doubles as a Golem and Mr Mime counter and triples as our Stout switching is an overall amazing mon rn and that is Bronzor. Max Def I felt was better since even with 0 investment Mr Mime cannot touch it while the def helps to be our normal spam check. Now since we needed some speed control and we had a nice steel lure, I went for the good ol scarf Mr. Mime healing wish is an amazing move that can give second chance opportunities to our hard hitters, and with Dusknoir to trap things like Metang and Bulky Psychics, Mr. Mime did the job better than relaying on scarf Blizzards. Last but not least, this wouldn't be a Monferno team without a Monferno. I went with jolly SD monf with standard moves simply because of the sheer amount of monferno vs monferno match ups that happen all too often and outspeeding is very important imo. The team overall does a good job at weakening everything enough that adamant was not necessary to get any particular KOS or 2HKos. Overall, I had a lot of success with this team and I felt that it is simple and strong enough vs the current meta. A couple of troublesome things to keep in mind are CB leafeon, CB Crunch Stout. Cheers!

The 1 (Lumineon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Rest
- Toxic

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Dusknoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP / 224 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Golem @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Heavy Slam

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Focus Blast

Last edited:
Cacturne + Bandferno HO

I'm submitting this team because it's one that I've used extensively and it is extremely consistent even with unfavorable matchups on preview. The team functions in a way that you're most always calling the shots so that you're rarely in a position of playing your opponent's game, much like any well build HO team. Basically, all the mons involved on this team aren't exploitable and I find that that is a big reason why it's so successful for me. Band monferno and Focus Blast Cacturne are really the only surprise factors on this team but they play pretty important roles in breaking would be checks. Band monf just destroys things once rocks are up. A lot of the hard counters get weakened with uturn+rocks and by the next time Monf's in your opponent is having to sack something. It acts very much like stoutland does but with the ability to actually assist teammates in terms of absorbing WoW and being able to check pawniard/mawile and the like. It's really a centerpiece of this team and I much prefer the instant power over the eviolite bulk. Cacturne forces 50/50s with waters when you need to switch which is always nice and the priority sucker punch mixed with the ability to surprise stuff like audino, vullaby, and steels with focus blast makes this mon really hard to switch into effectively. Golem is golem and its awesome. Lefties gives it longevity in preserving sturdy and being able to take normal/flying types on better. CM sub grumpig serves as a glue member for this team. It doesn't always get a sweep but it's important for punishing passive playstyles and checking monferno or mons locked into ice moves. Scarfed rotom is just a solid volt turn user and trick helps with breaking eviolite/lefties walls for other members like cact and sub pig.

Some weaknesses this team has are matchups against chinchou. Two members are hard countered by it but at the very least rotom can cripple it with trick. Clefairy and Muk/Vibrava cores can give this team trouble as well because you're reliant on removing 1 member of that core before you can start putting in work. Rapidash also gives this team some trouble with it's speed tier and playing 50/50s with WoW with several members. Overall, I think its positives outweigh its negatives by a great deal and it's something that I hope you give a try. Thanks for reading

Golem @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

Monferno @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Surf
- Hurricane

Contrary Servine Balance

So I was looking through the PU sample team thread and saw that there was no team based on Servine. Which is a shame, because while Servine does lack a diverse movepool, with enough support, it can sweep the majority of teams. Even though the ORAS meta is now entering it's own lame duck period, why not contribute (hopefully) just for the sake of it.

What's great is that the team does not fully rely on Servine to win. To balance things up I put in Raichu and Ursaring as plan B options. +2 Raichu puts in a lot of work and covers weaknesses to dark types with Focus Blast, which is why I decided to use it over Zebstrika. It's also a great, fast pivot. Ursaring is an awesome janitor that comes in at the endgame and eliminate foes that at low/medium health, or gets rid of a threat early on in the game.

A combination of Lumineon, Golem, and Misdreavus covers Servine's weaknesses to Ice, Fire, Poison and Flying. Golem is of course well known to counter fire and flying types, and I added some extra attack EV's just for a bit of extra power. Lumineon is great, as it gets rids of hazards, gets offs slow u-turns, and can wall offensive threats and fire off scalds or toxics. Because it is a designated defensive wall, I gave it an Impish nature and added a respectable amount of Defensive EVs, while making sure it doesn't fall behind when it comes to Spdef coverage. Misdreavus, with max Spdef plus its eviolite, can wall special attackers and make sure it doesn't set up, by going for taunt or crippling a mon with Thunder Wave. Heal Bell can be used instead of Taunt, but I put taunt because my main sweeper does not care about getting burned.

And now on to the main star: Servine. Sub is crucial as a well played one ensures that Servine is immune to status and gets an increase in longevity. Synthesis is important as Servine does not have the best bulk, even with an eviolite. I prefer HP Fire over HP Ice because it hits bug type pokemon (Shedninja, I'm talkin' about you)as well as the random Yache Berry Leafeon. Obviously, Leaf Storm takes advantage of Contrary and evolves from a storm to a leaf draco.

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpD / 200 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Golem @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Protect

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 162 Def / 94 SpD
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog

MUKQUAGZON stall

I feel a little dirty posting this, but I it must be done!. I present to you a very dirty nasty stall team 100% guarantees your opponent will rage or your money back. The core starts out with obviously Quagmire, the always annoying muk and to round things off the mighty bronzor. Those 3 mons are already hard to break so the next three mons are just here to handle some jobs better and provide overall support. SD leafeon is a mon that can cause some problems and defog is a must in stall so vullaby was a great fit here. Next up, I wanted heal bell support as well as another sp wall, therefore I added the mandatory pink blob Clefeary. And lastly, thx to Slowbroth I found pawniard and just strong dark attacks in general a big problem so I added a defensive monferno to the mix. Monferno provides useful taunt utility and overall glueness to the team.

NOTES:
These are general notes about the team that may not be clear.

- Muk has fire punch over sleep talk because I didn't want to give free switches to steels to pressure the team. It also makes muk useful through the whole match not just a sponge.

- Quagsire is max def even if it's curse because it helps counter things like monferno. Also sp def sucked it couldn't handle strong special atkers. S/O to Dundies for the suggestion. Ice punch just helps chip fat grasses and Altaria that want free switches. So Lapras are in a rise and pain in the ass, so I decided to go with toxic instead.

- Clefeary over Audino because I didn't need wish support since everyone can heal themselves. It has instant healing and is not weak to hazards while absorbing status and does the cleric support better.

- 40 speed helps Monferno outspeed jolly 45s while the rest goes to def to help vullaby handle Leafeon and just other things like Bouffalant. It can actually beat none choice band golem 1v1 which is rly nice.

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Rest
- Toxic

Muk @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Fire Punch
- Curse
- Poison Jab

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Toxic
- Recover

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Foul Play

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Mach Punch

Last edited:

Armaldo Sand

So I noticed the Sample Team thread didn't have any Sand teams on here. Since Sand is one of the most viable weathers in PU and a lot of new players like the use Armaldo for some reason lol, I decided i'd post a team were it can work really well. So I stared with the core of Stoutland and Hippopotas which sets up Stealth Rock along with the Sand which doubles Stoutland's speed and allow it to break through Offensive teams really easily. Next I added Roselia which seems like a bad choice due to Synthesis only recovering 25% in the Sand but Roselia offers me a good water resist and the ability to set up Spikes which are really nice for my offensive threats to sweep more easily. Due to having hazard stack and I still needed a Normal resist Armaldo felt like the perfect fit because it also gains the SpD boost from the sand. Rapid Spin over Defog is good because it doesn't clear your own hazards, Knock Off is always nice for crippling pokemon and hitting ghost types trying to block Rapid Spin and lastly Armaldo gave me a secondary check to Muk which is important incase Hippopotas gets pressured too much. Monferno offers a great glue for the team being able to check grass types like Cacturne and Leafeon which Roselia can't take on too well and the final pokemon was Rotom-F who gave me a check to Articuno and fast water types like Floatzel who can threathen the team. Some other threats include LO Combusken if Armaldo isn't healthy or in Sand and Banded Dodrio as it can 2HKO everything on the team.

On a final note, I managed to peak #21 on the ladder, went 20-0 with it too when completing one of the Ladder Achievements and peaked #1 on the Suspect Ladder whilst getting reqs for the Suspect test.

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt

Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Stoutland (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Facade

Armaldo (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Roselia (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Monferno (M) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Specs Lapras Balance
I created this team a while back and it has been improved via RMT. After some tinkering and minor adjustments, this team has been my more successful teams in random tours and in the ladder. Also, this team really benefits from the drops that have recently came by PU. Specs Lapras was what this entire team was based off of, with enough support, Lapras will be able to tear through teams with ease.

Specs Lapras hits extremely hard and it has decent bulk along side with it. Lapras is able to check the majority of the tiers Water-types (must be careful with those that have Fighting-coverage) that the rest of the team struggles with. Next I decided to add SpDef Golem to the mix. I opted for a bulkier Golem set since Electric types were a pain and the majority of Electric types have Hidden Power Ice, Grass or Water. With this set Golem is able to live one Hidden Power Grass/Water and retaliate with Earthquake, 12 Spe EVs were used to outspeed other bulkier Golems. Having Stealth Rocks on the field also helps Lapras break down teams even further. With 2 mons weak to Fighting, Grumpig was filled in the third spot. Grumpig is also my check to set-up sweepers that can take advantage of Lapras (Clefairy, Duosion, Muk). Colbur Berry allows Grumpig to switch into weaker Knock Offs that Lapras does not appreciate. Rotom-F and Rapidash were added as checks to Grass and Ice types also acting as the team's revenge killers due to their Speed. After Lapras softens up the opposing team, it opens up opportunities for both of these mons to clean up late game. Lastly, with 3 weaknesses to Stealth Rocks and the lack of a Rock check, Vibrava was chosen as the final member. Vibrava gets rid of rocks with Defog while also being able to check Rock-types (specifically Golem) who are big threats to the team.

Lapras @ Choice Specs
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 232 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This is a pretty good team, and I think that you can use it pretty much any way. Please do not remove this comment because I don't know how to actually post a team.

Sudowoodo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 100 HP / 152 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Muk @ Assualt Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Furfrou @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Adamant Nature
- Retaliate
- Cotton Guard
- Sucker Punch
-Zen Headbutt

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)