Quagsire OU use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quagsire seems to be able to stall out most tanks and walls and can tank several OU pokemon.

I've been able to take out the following pokemon reliably with it.

Physical Tyranitar
Gyarados (all)
Heatran
Dragonite

And force a stall on the following:

Jirachi
Scizor
Skarmory
Blissey
And almost any wall.

While Quagsire might not seem like a good wall at first, it has served me well constantly and seems to preform very reliably. Its only issue is grass type moves, but grass knot will not always ohko it due to its lower weight than other bulky waters.

Moves: Toxic, Encore, Recover, EQ/Whirlpool
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Impish
EVs: 244 HP / 220 def / 46 spec def

Whirlpool set can toxic+encore+whirlpool to trap poisoned foes.
Rock fire and steel moves all do less than half damage allowing it to wall with recover.
EQ can be used in place of whirlpool to prevent walling by steel type.
This set is currently being used in the OU ladder on my team.

This set effectively stops gyarados and scizor from rampaging nearly any team, and is a good wall breaker in general.

Quite hesitant to do a grammar check for this as I'm not really sure if this is actually fit for competitive battling. If you do get comments for this set from other more experienced Smogon users, I might do a grammar check for it.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Improper format, please read the rules and look at pre-existing analyses for an example of how to post an analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)