Quagsire Unaware glitch

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, I don't have a log or anything, though this could be tested rather easily. I was using Unaware Quagsire vs a Latios, and it repeatedly used Draco Meteor without its Special Attack decreasing. Is this supposed to happen because of Unaware or does it only apply for stat BOOSTS? I was under the impression it was the latter.

jrp

Banned deucer.
If a Pokemon with the ability Unaware is the target of an attack, all of the attacker's [Special] Attack boosts are ignored. If a Pokemon with the ability Unaware is attacking, all of the defender's [Special] Defense boosts are ignored. If an Unaware Pokemon is using Punishment, stat boosts still factor into its power. If an Unaware Pokemon hits itself in its confusion, it still keeps its altered Attack and Defense stats.
I think it means boosts as in any stat change at all. The special attack should decrease, but it shouldn't effect anything (from what I interpreted)

From Bulbapedia:
Unaware ignores the foe's positive or negative stat changes, with the exception of Speed. For example, if the foe uses Iron Defense, and a Pokémon with this ability uses a physical move on the foe, the damage dealt will be the same as if Iron Defense was not used. Likewise, if the foe has previously been affected by Tail Whip, damage dealt to it by the Pokémon with Unaware will be as if Tail Whip had not been used.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Unaware ignores all stat changes, not boosts. Happened to me too, I crapped a brick.....
Quagsire is cool, just dont leave him in on Draco Meteors :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)