Quick Questions, Quick Answers

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
The Social Media QQQA (or Triple Q and A) will be used for quick questions that can be satisfied with quick answers so that other threads aren't bogged down and new threads aren't started for them. We as social media staff/contributors will answer them to the best of our abilities. :toast:

Threw

cohiba
Why is the Smogon Instagram page dead, and who can I talk to about potentially reviving it?

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Why is the Smogon Instagram page dead, and who can I talk to about potentially reviving it?
Well I don't know why it is dead, but I assume you talk to Antemortem, Mambo, or Stratos about reviving it lol. I am curious as to see how you would revive it :)

Hi..

Is this whole idea of Smogon Social Media free-for-all or is there a team for each social media (if so, how can one join it?)

Thanks.
Sobi.
Hey there Sobi,

Smogon Social Media is split into various teams. These teams are YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook, and Twitch. If you'd like to contribute to any of these, you can go to the main Social Media forum and go to the Trainer Tips thread or the first Twitter thread. If you have ideas for YouTube or Twitch, I'd recommend contacting Stratos or Mambo. They're your guys for that. Joining the team is a bit harder, since it requires password access which can't be given to anybody. Instead, I would highly suggest beginning with just general contributing to each of these outlets and seeing where the road takes you!

Good luck. :)

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Each Social Media outlet is run by a different person;

Facebook - ran by antemortem and has other contributors like can't say
Twitter - again ran by antemortem but other users like IronBullet and Tikitik also contribute
YouTube/Twitch ran by Stratos but have numerous contributors to both channels.

Feel free to contact any of those people or ask any other questions in here!

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
There is an old Smogon Instagram account with the username SmogonU that should probably be deleted if SmogonUniversity is the new official one. Right now both say it's official and it can get confusing for people trying to find the new one.

Reactions: nv

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
There is an old Smogon Instagram account with the username SmogonU that should probably be deleted if SmogonUniversity is the new official one. Right now both say it's official and it can get confusing for people trying to find the new one.
iirc we don't know who has access to the SmogonU Instagram account, hence why the new one was created. No doubt that the account will be advertised through Facebook or Twitter to say that SmogonUniversity is the official Instagram.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not rly a question but this doesn't need a new topic

Our official metagames (Ubers,OverUsed, UnderUsed, RarelyUsed, and NeverUsed) can be used to play with a variety of Pokemon at a comparable power level, and a variety of other metagames (such as Little Cup and Anything Goes) with similar traits.Tiers are determined by player usage on our simulator, and bans are voted on by any player that reaches the appropriate rank in our suspect tests. Our bans are made entirely by our community for our community, and anyone is allowed to qualify to vote in them.

This is in the description of smogon on Facebook, and it was probably written before PU became official. Someday we will be acknowledged :pirate:

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
not rly a question but this doesn't need a new topic

Our official metagames (Ubers,OverUsed, UnderUsed, RarelyUsed, and NeverUsed) can be used to play with a variety of Pokemon at a comparable power level, and a variety of other metagames (such as Little Cup and Anything Goes) with similar traits.Tiers are determined by player usage on our simulator, and bans are voted on by any player that reaches the appropriate rank in our suspect tests. Our bans are made entirely by our community for our community, and anyone is allowed to qualify to vote in them.

This is in the description of smogon on Facebook, and it was probably written before PU became official. Someday we will be acknowledged :pirate:
I've changed it so that it now reads:

Our official metagames (Ubers, OverUsed, UnderUsed, RarelyUsed, NeverUsed, and PU) can be used to play with a variety of Pokemon at a comparable power level, and a variety of other metagames (such as Little Cup, Doubles OU, and Anything Goes) with similar traits.Tiers are determined by player usage on our simulator, and bans are voted on by any player that reaches the appropriate rank in our suspect tests. Smogon's bans are made entirely by our community, for our community, and anyone is allowed to qualify to vote in them.

Hello Social Media team !

I've noticed the talk about the Instagram for SmogonU and I feel that Instagram is one of the leading companies in social media. Unfortunately, I see a lack in activity and what could very potentially be a really successful means of advertising towards the pokemon community. I sense that the Instagram team is trying to become relevant again, but just needs a few key attributes that can help make the page popping again.

Personally, I know a few things or two about social media(especially Instagram) and what makes the people interested in a certain page. My current personal instagram(which I'm more than glad to share) is very successful and grossing in many followers and likes. I believe that I might be able to contribute to Instagram and help to balance it out with more of our attracting forms of social media.

If it is okay, I would like to come into contact with the leading SmogonU Instagram owner.

Ty - PD

Zodiax

not this
Hi PURPLEDOOSH

Both Recreant and I lead Instagram.

Whilst Instagram is still a new format to Smogon Social Media we haven't been as active as our other areas of Social Media like Facebook or YouTube.

If you would like to contribute to Instagram feel free to send a PM to Recreant and I and we can give you a more detailed approach to contributing.

Hope this helped.

Conni

katharsis
For YouTube Video scripts what writing program should be used?
I was thinking Pastebin but there might be others that other people use since I'm kinda new here :I

Also do Smogon YouTube videos have to be related to Competitive Gameplay/Discussion or can they be about all-things Pokemon?

Last edited:

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
Socialization Head
For YouTube Video scripts what writing program should be used?
I was thinking Pastebin but there might be others that other people use since I'm kinda new here :I

Also do Smogon YouTube videos have to be related to Competitive Gameplay/Discussion or can they be about all-things Pokemon?
a) Pastebin or hastebin are fine;
b) Yes, they have to be related to competitive gameplay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)