Rage Against the Machine

I'm not sure what music many of you guys listen to. I remember watching one of Jumpman's battles and seeing his Tauros was nicknamed "Bulls on Parade" (by the way Jumpman, if you're reading this, can I steal that name? ;P). Anyway, so I'm sure that there are other people that have listened to them before. I've been a fan of theirs since I was 12ish and was moderately crushed when they broke up (I've never been a super die-hard fan of anything, you know?). However, today on the radio, I heard something about RatM playing some concert later on the radio today whilst showering. I hastily (after toweling and dressing, but I'll spare you those details) went to look it up, and sure enough, I found this:

Wikipedia said:
Reunion (2007)

Members of the band had been offered large sums of money to reunite for concerts and tours, and had turned the offers down.[16] Rumors of bad blood between de la Rocha and the other former band members subsequently circulated, but Commerford said that he and de la Rocha see each other often and go surfing together, while Morello said he and de la Rocha communicate by phone, and had met up at a September 15, 2005 protest in support of the South Central Farm.[17] Morello and de la Rocha were photographed together at the protest, the first photograph of the two since the band's breakup. [18]
Rumors that Rage Against the Machine could reunite at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival were circulating in mid-January,[19] and were confirmed on January 22.[20] The band is billed to headline the final day of Coachella 2007 on Sunday, April 29.[21] The performance was initially thought to be a one-off,[22] but that was cast into doubt following Chris Cornell's exit from Audioslave.[7] Three more performances are planned as part of the Rock The Bells Festival with the Wu-Tang Clan[23] and will be played in New York as well as northern and southern California.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
RATM peaked with Evil Empire, I thought Battle/LA was pretty terrible as an album. I am glad that Audioslave is done, I couldn't really stand them, but I think that this should be a one-time thing only. No one ever listened to their politics anyways.

I quite like Battle of Los Angeles, and I might even say it's my favourite album. I can't say I care much for a possible reunion seeing as their last album was garbage compared to the rest.

Speaking of reunions, kidneythieves might be getting back together, which should be good.

These guys were my LIFE pretty much grade 8-10

I was ok with BLA (wasnt consistent enough with good songs, sleep now in the fire was good, testify was good) but yeah evil empire and ST was best. renegades i wasnt a fan of.

The'yre REUNITING at coachella which is actually awesome. My roomate is spending like 2 grand just to be able to go I'm really jealous of her!! I'd love to see it.

One of my all time least favorite bands. I guess if I could say something positive about them it would be that they are a better band for what they do than Anti-Flag.

The only Raging Against The Machine any members of that band did was against the coffee machine when it didn't get the coffee just right.

I guess I just don't like their whole "fuck the machine" then "sign a record deal with a sony affiliate" approach, maybe it's just me.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The only Raging Against The Machine any members of that band did was against the coffee machine when it didn't get the coffee just right.

I guess I just don't like their whole "fuck the machine" then "sign a record deal with a sony affiliate" approach, maybe it's just me.
In their defense, I imagine that was the best way to get their message to the most listeners possible... it was certainly a lose-lose decision in that sense.

I like Rage, I only have Evil Empire as an entire album but have songs from some of their other ones that I really like. I never really cared too much about their political message, but that's just me.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I listened to RATM a whole lot a few years ago, but for me I didn't really care about what political message they were sending, I just liked their music. So when I heard they were reuniting, naturally I was thrilled and I was convinced that they would play at Reading Festival this year, but sadly twas not to be. I actually hope they don't make any more music because it will be a massive letdown riding on the backs of their previous albums. But I would really, really love to see them live. I'll watch a video, for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)