ORAS UU Rain is Pain,Mega Swampert team

Hello anyone. I'm new to the forums and this is my first RMT, so bare with me if I make any annoying mistakes. Sun and Moon is nearing, so I wish to share this team I built before the tier goes to a complete overhaul. It has proven to be formidable in the high ladders of the uu tier, single handedly bringing me to top 500 hundred. As I write this, I sit at 72th, and stay consistently at top 200, which is a mind blowing record for me. So introduction over, let's go over it.

Team building

I started this off with Mega Swampert, my favorite mega in UU. I at first decided to go with a rain team

Adding to that was Noivern as at the time, I thought stab hurricane was a great idea with the rain up.

Then came Forretress, a defensive pivot that did really well in previous testings

I added Toxicroak as with previous teams, I used it to break through stall such as Chansey, Tangrowth(when it was still here) and Eevee walls

I later added Darmanitan because I thought it was a power house

Lastly fill in Assault Vest Conkeldur because why not(wasn't the best when I started)

After testing, I immediately switched out Conkeldur for Sylveon as a special wall when I found out that it dropped into this tier. Noivern wasn't hitting hard enough and so I switched it out into Hydreigon. Lastly, people on FB pages recommended Entei over Darmanitan. I tried it out and really liked it. So now the team looked like this.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

Mega Swampert is just an excellent hard hitter. Ground and water STAB and ice coverage and very only hard resists and defensive tanks can switch into Swampert. Rain dance boosts speed and power ups waterfall to really hit hard on anything that doesn't resist. The speed investment allows Swampert to out speed timid max speed Sceptile in the rain and OHKO with Ice Punch. Once all it's checks and priority users are gone, rain dance and it can seal the deal.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Forretress I've basically been using for 2 main purposes, hazard control and defensive pivot. I either rapid spin my hazard away or force the opponent to defog ours away. It can switch in on a lot of offensive threats, where I can volt switch out into Hydreigon, or Entei to deal with the threat. Gyro ball to just straight up get rid of Mega Areodactyl and Mega Beedrill and not bad STAB.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature - Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Very little can switch into choice banded Entei's Sacred Fire. Even if they do, 50 percent burn chance is just gross. Stone edge is for coverage and allowing me to OHKO Rotom Heat and other Enteis. Choice Banded Extreme Speed is powerful Priority that can finish up weakened teams and Flare Blitz it's when I really really need maximum damage output or when Sacred Fire runs out of PP, which happens really often. Entei's job is basically to punch large holes in the enemy team. Even a resisted hit can cripple switch ins.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish

Sylveon is my special wall and Cleric user . I never really liked it when X and Y came out but found new love for it here in UU . Max Special defense and HP just makes it such a tank, allowing switch ins to Hydreigon, Porygon Z sometimes Chandelures . I use it to Heal status such as Burns on Swampert or Paras on Hydreigon and wish pass when available. Wish passing also allows me to switch into an opponent Pokemon and take not to much damage. Hyper voice also hits hard even when un-invested and have come in handy against frailer Pokemon attempting to switch in.

Toxicroak @ Lum Berry
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Toxicroak is my stall breaker. Immunity to Scald(and water attacks), Toxic , resisting Foul Play and it's 2 STAB is just perfect for breaking through most stally strategies. (This includes : Chansey, Alomomola, Tangrowth[when it was still uu], Umbreon, Vaporeon, Florges and other ) It's also stops Rest, Sleep talk, Calm Mind, Scald Suicune, very annoying, right in it's tracks. When facing a stall team, this guy is your win condition. Evs is to out speed Max speed timid Sylveon. It seemed liked a good idea in case of nasty psyshocks. Besides, Max speed Toxicroak is Frail while Max up Toxicroak is slow. It's done really well so far. Something really helpfull is that it lives an earthquake from an un-invested Mega Aggron which is really usefull.
0 Atk Mega Aggron Earthquake vs. 112 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 272-322 (81.1 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Final member on the team is Hydreigon. He is my Special Scarf. Max speed timid to speed tie other Choice Scarf Hydreigons when necessary(though you should switch hard out into sylveon most of the time). Simple set, Dual STAB and flamethrower for coverage (if you guys think a different coverage move is better, I'm all ears) as well as U-turn for fast switch initiative. Once all fairy's , resistances and chanseys are dead, just start dropping dracos. He is basically my hard hitter for the special side.

That's basically the team. I would lead with Hydreigon or Entei most of the time, though situational. this team has great synergy and have switch ins for most threats.
Ill post some replays when i find good ones
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-437335212

Several faults I notice.
I find it difficult to switch into Nidoking/Nidoqueen. Best switch is Hydreigon , its situatuional and not a good one.
If played poorly, will lose to a dragon dance Gyarodos. I use to have a huge problem with it but now, not as much.
Stall is hard to beat if you lose Toxicroak.
Anything bad you find let me know
link to pastebin for the team here

That's all I got for this team . I'm open to any questions or suggestions. Hope you like it and enjoy~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)