ORAS UU Rain Team

So I decided to put together a rain team in UU to try to climb the ladder with, but I'm not quite seeing the results I wanted. Does this team need major change, or minor tweaks? All feedback is appreciated.

Swampert (Swampert-Mega) (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
I wanted to use Mega Swampert as a basis for this team because I know that it does phenomenal in the rain. It's the main offensive force on the team. I put lots of EVs into HP, trying to make it more on the bulky side, but I think that some of those should be put into Speed instead to make Swift Swim more effective. I like Waterfall for good STAB with the added bonus for the flinch RNG, Ice Punch for coverage, EQ because it's EQ and why not, and Iron Tail for those pesky Fairies. Iron Tail probably could stand to be replaced for Rain Dance so it can give itself the Swift Swim boost instead of relying on other members of the team to do so, but that doesn't seem like too big of an issue.

Goodra (Goodra) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Sludge Bomb
- Rain Dance
Goodra is the main rain setter for the team, and depending on the opposing team, can lead for early game rain. It's really bulky on the special side and is a nice Pokemon for mind-games with the opponent. Many expect a physically offensive set, so most opponent's first instinct is to burn it, but that gets cancelled out when it uses Rain Dance because of Hydration. With Damp Rock, Hydration lasts longer, allowing Goodra to be a Pokemon that can soak up status while the rain is up protecting some of the other members on the team. Having Draco Meteor is good STAB and Sludge Bomb for mixups for some sort of defense against Fairies. Thunder is a great mixup while in the rain, because people don't expect it, and can pick up some kills.

Whimsicott (Whimsicott) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Hurricane
Whimsicott is really just support for other members on the team, and can sometimes lead in the right situations. Prankster comes in handy with Taunt to stop early game rocks and status, and Stun Spore to slow fast offensive threats. Using Moonblast for STAB and Hurricane for mixups while in the rain, which can do some supereffective damage to threatening Fighting types like Conkelldurr.

Suicune (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Substitute
This is the secondary rain setter on the team and can sometimes lead. Being bulky enough to safely set up the rain early on, then having enough HP to set up a Sub and get Leftovers recovery, Suicune is a very good defensive threat. Also Rain and Calm Mind boosted Scalds are pretty powerful.

Lucario (Lucario) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
Lucario is mainly on the team to be a relatively fast physical attacker that hits extremely hard with Choice Band and can come in safely on Rocks and Toxic. Using Bullet Punch for priority and STAB, CC for hitting as hard as possible to break walls like Umbreon, EQ because why not, and Thunder Punch for Flying type coverage.

Forretress (Forretress) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
Forretress is kind of like the standard Spinner/Rocks setter for the team. Rocky Helmet is there to cripple physical attackers and can also force some predicable switches that it can capitalize on with Rapid Spinning rocks away, setting up rocks on the opponents side of the field, or poisoning things that may switch in with Toxic. And Gyro Ball is good for Fairies and doing damage to fast switch-ins.

Hey whats up man, rain is a cool strategy but pretty underused. I think the main problems with your team is that it's not entirely utilizing the support that rain has to offer. I admit that I don't have much experience using rain in uu but from my general knowledge, rain teams separate into 2 kinds:

Type 1: the teams that rely entirely on rain. Think of these teams kind of like the 'hyper offense' of rain utilizing 2-3 setters and then a bunch of abusers. These teams fall short in certain match ups but are usually good in shooting up the ladder.
Type 2: the teams that use rain as a strategy but don't rely entirely on them and can function when rain isn't up.

The team you have now doesn't really fit into either type because it's in an awkward place of trying to use rain to sweep but then you have some mons like suicune and goodra which aren't good at immediately abusing the rain. This is counterproductive since rain only lasts 4-7 turns and you want to make use of those turns as much as possible. I like the idea of lucario but the set you're using isn't optimal for the team since it mainly has redundant coverage. Outside of your composition not being able to utilize rain to its full potential, you also struggle with some common threats in the metagame like roar suicune, celebi, hydreigon, and struggle to break through bulkier teams. My goal is to help you build a rain team that can match up well vs majority of the tier.

Mega Swampert is a good starting point since it pressures any team that doesn't have a bulky water. Unfortunately, the changes I'm going to recommended will change the whole team so sorry about that.

The first thing any competitive team needs is stealth rock. Uxie fulfills that role by being able to set rocks, set up rain dance, function as a fighting resist, ground immune, and has access to u turn so you can bring in your swift swimmers freely.

With swampert and uxie, we want another swift swimmer. I think the best choice here is kingdra. Kingdra is ridiculously powerful so it has an easy time dismantling teams and it's typing allows it to take electric and grass attacks neutrally and check entei even better. It's a great candidate to consider for rain teams. Okay we have uxie, swampert, and kingdra. This is the part where most people just throw on something like kabutops as another abuser, tornadus as an abuser and setter, and then some filler water resist. You can definitely go that route and I'll provide sets at the end but I think we can do a bit better than that.

For the last 3, I was thinking the combination of celebi, zoroark, and doublade can be a cool route to take the team.

Celebi is perhaps the best water resist in the tier since it doesn't mind scald burns too much and has access to nasty plot to break through bulky set up waters like suicune. Zoroark is a really interesting mon here and an idea I got from Tony's project "A last look" in which users Pearl and Hogg noted its usefulness in having a very fast pursuit. What it does is act as a fast pursuiter+U-turner for the team since it can pursuit trap celebi and allow pert and kingdra to have a lot of fun. It can do other interesting things with illusion such as lure pert checks with knock them off and also pressure bulky psychics like reuniclus and cresselia. Doublade is a fairy resist that appreciates most of the team whittling its offensive and defensive checks down.

Here are the imports:

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch / Ice Punch

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Zoroark @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 152 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Some notes: Uxie has enough speed for beedrill pre-mega, earth power was chosen on celebi to hit empoleon and fire types, the doublade spread avoids being 2hkod by hyper voice from specs sylveon.

Hey whats up man, rain is a cool strategy but pretty underused. I think the main problems with your team is that it's not entirely utilizing the support that rain has to offer. I admit that I don't have much experience using rain in uu but from my general knowledge, rain teams separate into 2 kinds:

Type 1: the teams that rely entirely on rain. Think of these teams kind of like the 'hyper offense' of rain utilizing 2-3 setters and then a bunch of abusers. These teams fall short in certain match ups but are usually good in shooting up the ladder.
Type 2: the teams that use rain as a strategy but don't rely entirely on them and can function when rain isn't up.

The team you have now doesn't really fit into either type because it's in an awkward place of trying to use rain to sweep but then you have some mons like suicune and goodra which aren't good at immediately abusing the rain. This is counterproductive since rain only lasts 4-7 turns and you want to make use of those turns as much as possible. I like the idea of lucario but the set you're using isn't optimal for the team since it mainly has redundant coverage. Outside of your composition not being able to utilize rain to its full potential, you also struggle with some common threats in the metagame like roar suicune, celebi, hydreigon, and struggle to break through bulkier teams. My goal is to help you build a rain team that can match up well vs majority of the tier.

Mega Swampert is a good starting point since it pressures any team that doesn't have a bulky water. Unfortunately, the changes I'm going to recommended will change the whole team so sorry about that.

The first thing any competitive team needs is stealth rock. Uxie fulfills that role by being able to set rocks, set up rain dance, function as a fighting resist, ground immune, and has access to u turn so you can bring in your swift swimmers freely.

With swampert and uxie, we want another swift swimmer. I think the best choice here is kingdra. Kingdra is ridiculously powerful so it has an easy time dismantling teams and it's typing allows it to take electric and grass attacks neutrally and check entei even better. It's a great candidate to consider for rain teams. Okay we have uxie, swampert, and kingdra. This is the part where most people just throw on something like kabutops as another abuser, tornadus as an abuser and setter, and then some filler water resist. You can definitely go that route and I'll provide sets at the end but I think we can do a bit better than that.

For the last 3, I was thinking the combination of celebi, zoroark, and doublade can be a cool route to take the team.

Celebi is perhaps the best water resist in the tier since it doesn't mind scald burns too much and has access to nasty plot to break through bulky set up waters like suicune. Zoroark is a really interesting mon here and an idea I got from Tony's project "A last look" in which users Pearl and Hogg noted its usefulness in having a very fast pursuit. What it does is act as a fast pursuiter+U-turner for the team since it can pursuit trap celebi and allow pert and kingdra to have a lot of fun. It can do other interesting things with illusion such as lure pert checks with knock them off and also pressure bulky psychics like reuniclus and cresselia. Doublade is a fairy resist that appreciates most of the team whittling its offensive and defensive checks down.

Here are the imports:

Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Zoroark @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 152 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Some notes: Uxie has enough speed for beedrill pre-mega, earth power was chosen on celebi to hit empoleon and fire types, the doublade spread avoids being 2hkod by hyper voice from specs sylveon.
Yea I really like these teams! You pointed out things I never even imagined and I have no problems with you changing out most of the team. I'll try these out in place of the other one and see if things go better and try to figure out what team works better for my play style. And who knows, I might even put my own spin on it? I really appreciate the help! Thanks!

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello. I think you're a bit mislead on what makes a rain team, so I'll help you out. The general idea behind rain teams is to have a few rain setters and make sure that the team is fairly capable of abusing the weather. This would often mean using mons with the Swift Swim ability so that you can take full advantage. Mega Swampert is a good start for this, but many adjustments can still be made.

• I suggest replacing Goodra with Tornadus. Due to having access to Prankster, Tornadus is a staple on rain teams, at is able to set up priority Rain Dance for the rest of the team. It can occasionally abuse Rain itself, since Hurricane is increased to 100% accuracy. It should be carrying a Damp Rock to prolong Rain as much as possible. The EV Spread should be one of Max Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature, and the Moveset can be a bit of a pick and choose. Here is what I would suggest:

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Focus Blast / Taunt

• I would also replace Whimsicott with Ludicolo. This change gives you yet another rain abuser that is commonly found on rain teams, while keeping the useful grass typing so that you still have a way to deal with opposing water types. Ludicolo is also able to set up rain on its own. Here's the set:

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

• You're using a very redundant Suicune set. Defensive sets should utilize Rest for longevity, but they also don't fit well on rain teams. I would suggest replacing Suicune with Kingdra. It gives you another common rain abuser and setter. Here's the set:

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

• Lucario outright doesn't fit on this team, and the set you're using is obsolete. Usually, in this slot rain teams would have Kabutops. And while that is certainly an option if you see fit, I would like to suggest using SD Qwilfish instead. What this does is give you a grounded poison-type so that you're able to get rid of Toxic Spikes even while lacking hazard removal. This is huge, since tspikes could be a massive pain to rain teams. It is able to fill a similar role to what Kabutops usually does for teams. A noticeable niche I like with Qwilfish is that it gets Explosion, allowing to flat out nuke something even without a boost. A +2 Explosion could help you get rid of threats like Suicune and Cresselia much more easily. Here's the set:

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Explosion

• Unfortunately, we've lost Azelf, which was also commonly seen on rain teams as a Stealth Rock and Rain Dance setter. I second obii's idea to use Uxie instead. You can get rid of Forretress in the process. I would use Toxic on it though to make things like Cresselia less of an issue though. Here's the set:

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Toxic
- U-turn

• Lastly, you should get rid of Iron Tail on Mega Swampert. It's not really doing much, as you're better off handling most fairy types with Rain-boosted Waterfall anyway. The shaky accuracy definitely doesn't help. I would suggest using either Power-Up Punch or Rain Dance in its place. The former can make MSwampert much more of a threat after a single use, while the latter gives you more room to get rain up and abuse it. I would recommend PuP though, since there would already be 4 rain setters on this team prior.

Hope this helped, and best of luck with the team!

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man! I have seen this rain team and thought i could help you out a bit! Rain is a very interesting play style that relies on abusing swift swim users. Looking through your team, it does not seem properly structured for a rain team, but thats ok. I will do my best to give you a better idea of what a general rain team looks like.

Rain team requirements:
  • At least 2 rain setters
  • 2-3 Rain abusers (swift swimmers mostly)
  • Make sure that they can wall break
  • Have fun and be creative
Let us begin by adding a rain setter lead. The best two options I feel should be on a uu rain team as setters are tornadus and uxie. Sadly after azelfs departure to ou, uxie has to fill its roles as a rain setter. Generally you want to to use uxie to get up stealth rocks, rain, and U turn out for momentum. Goodra in general is a bad rain setter so it is easily replaceable. With a simple set of stealth rocks, U turn, rain dance, knock off/twave/psyshock, This pokemon serves as a fantastic lead for rain. A simple defensive set with u-turn allows for you to gain momentum after setting up. 252hp 252def bold/impish uxie seems fine in that regard.

Next, Lets add another crucial rain setter. tornadus
over whimsicott
Tornadus provides the rain for you, and can be an emergency rain dancer due to its prankster ability. This also allows tornadus to fire off 100 percent accurate Hurricanes, and had access to u-turn which is great for momentum. The move set is usually 252 special attack, 252 Speed, Timid nature with: Hurricane, U- Turn, Rain dance, taunt/Focus blast​

Now lets move the your Rain abusers for the moment. Particularly Mega Swampert. You can run a simple 252 speed 252 Attack adamant nature set with the moves: Earthquake, Waterfall, Rain dance, Ice punch/power up punch, Ice punch. Iron tail serves no purpose on mega swampert.

Another powerful rain abuser is Kingdra. Generally on rain teams you want to run a modest or Adamant nature as your speed it doubled making extremly hard to revenge kill you. Kingdra can run either life orb or choice specs. You usually want to run 252 speed 252 special attack modest nature. Moves include: Hydropump, Ice beam, draco meteor, scald.

As I went on i thought, lets keep adding rain abusers. I thought of a very popular one and his name is ludicolo. ludicolo is a very strong sweeper in the rain especially with its insanely good coverage, and dual stabs. I seen on your set you are running a physical variant, however special is far superior. You want to run 252 speed, 252 special attack modest. Moves include: Hydro pump, Ice beam, Giga Drain/Scald/Rain Dance holding a life orb.

last but not least, I want to replace forretress for kabutops. Forretress on the rain team serves little purpose and loses way too much momentum on this very offensive team which is bad. So I chose kabutops because not only can it keep the offensive pressure up, It can Rapid spin which could be proven to be crucial at times. I suggest 252 speed 252 attack adamant with the life orb. Moves include: waterfall, stone edge, aquajet, swords dance/rapid spin

In closing I decided to come up with some pretty standard rain offense to give you a better idea on how rain is run. good luck

Import:

Last edited:
  • Hello. I think you're a bit mislead on what makes a rain team, so I'll help you out. The general idea behind rain teams is to have a few rain setters and make sure that the team is fairly capable of abusing the weather. This would often mean using mons with the Swift Swim ability so that you can take full advantage. Mega Swampert is a good start for this, but many adjustments can still be made.

• I suggest replacing Goodra with Tornadus. Due to having access to Prankster, Tornadus is a staple on rain teams, at is able to set up priority Rain Dance for the rest of the team. It can occasionally abuse Rain itself, since Hurricane is increased to 100% accuracy. It should be carrying a Damp Rock to prolong Rain as much as possible. The EV Spread should be one of Max Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature, and the Moveset can be a bit of a pick and choose. Here is what I would suggest:

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Rain Dance
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast / Taunt

• I would also replace Whimsicott with Ludicolo. This change gives you yet another rain abuser that is commonly found on rain teams, while keeping the useful grass typing so that you still have a way to deal with opposing water types. Ludicolo is also able to set up rain on its own. Here's the set:

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance

• You're using a very redundant Suicune set. Defensive sets should utilize Rest for longevity, but they also don't fit well on rain teams. I would suggest replacing Suicune with Kingdra. It gives you another common rain abuser and setter. Here's the set:

Kingdra @ Life Orb
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Draco Meteor
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance

• Lucario outright doesn't fit on this team, and the set you're using is obsolete. Usually, in this slot rain teams would have Kabutops. And while that is certainly an option if you see fit, I would like to suggest using SD Qwilfish instead. What this does is give you a grounded poison-type so that you're able to get rid of Toxic Spikes even while lacking hazard removal. This is huge, since tspikes could be a massive pain to rain teams. It is able to fill a similar role to what Kabutops usually does for teams. A noticeable niche I like with Qwilfish is that it gets Explosion, allowing to flat out nuke something even without a boost. A +2 Explosion could help you get rid of threats like Suicune and Cresselia much more easily. Here's the set:

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Poison Jab
    - Swords Dance
    - Explosion

• Unfortunately, we've lost Azelf, which was also commonly seen on rain teams as a Stealth Rock and Rain Dance setter. I second obii's idea to use Uxie instead. You can get rid of Forretress in the process. I would use Toxic on it though to make things like Cresselia less of an issue though. Here's the set:

Uxie @ Damp Rock
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rain Dance
    - Toxic
    - U-turn

• Lastly, you should get rid of Iron Tail on Mega Swampert. It's not really doing much, as you're better off handling most fairy types with Rain-boosted Waterfall anyway. The shaky accuracy definitely doesn't help. I would suggest using either Power-Up Punch or Rain Dance in its place. The former can make MSwampert much more of a threat after a single use, while the latter gives you more room to get rain up and abuse it. I would recommend PuP though, since there would already be 4 rain setters on this team prior.

Hope this helped, and best of luck with the team!
    I really like the thought of Uxie and Tornadus on the team. And Kingdra would be good as well as it can add to the offensive effort of the team instead of just really relying on Swampert. Thanks, the help is really appreciated!

Hey man! I have seen this rain team and thought i could help you out a bit! Rain is a very interesting play style that relies on abusing swift swim users. Looking through your team, it does not seem properly structured for a rain team, but thats ok. I will do my best to give you a better idea of what a general rain team looks like.

Rain team requirements:
  • At least 2 rain setters
  • 2-3 Rain abusers (swift swimmers mostly)
  • Make sure that they can wall break
  • Have fun and be creative
Let us begin by adding a rain setter lead. The best two options I feel should be on a uu rain team as setters are tornadus and uxie. Sadly after azelfs departure to ou, uxie has to fill its roles as a rain setter. Generally you want to to use uxie to get up stealth rocks, rain, and U turn out for momentum. Goodra in general is a bad rain setter so it is easily replaceable. With a simple set of stealth rocks, U turn, rain dance, knock off/twave/psyshock, This pokemon serves as a fantastic lead for rain. A simple defensive set with u-turn allows for you to gain momentum after setting up. 252hp 252def bold/impish uxie seems fine in that regard.

Next, Lets add another crucial rain setter. tornadus
over whimsicott
Tornadus provides the rain for you, and can be an emergency rain dancer due to its prankster ability. This also allows tornadus to fire off 100 percent accurate Hurricanes, and had access to u-turn which is great for momentum. The move set is usually 252 special attack, 252 Speed, Timid nature with: Hurricane, U- Turn, Rain dance, taunt/Focus blast​

Now lets move the your Rain abusers for the moment. Particularly Mega Swampert. You can run a simple 252 speed 252 Attack adamant nature set with the moves: Earthquake, Waterfall, Rain dance, Ice punch/power up punch, Ice punch. Iron tail serves no purpose on mega swampert.

Another powerful rain abuser is Kingdra. Generally on rain teams you want to run a modest or Adamant nature as your speed it doubled making extremly hard to revenge kill you. Kingdra can run either life orb or choice specs. You usually want to run 252 speed 252 special attack modest nature. Moves include: Hydropump, Ice beam, draco meteor, scald.

As I went on i thought, lets keep adding rain abusers. I thought of a very popular one and his name is ludicolo. ludicolo is a very strong sweeper in the rain especially with its insanely good coverage, and dual stabs. I seen on your set you are running a physical variant, however special is far superior. You want to run 252 speed, 252 special attack modest. Moves include: Hydro pump, Ice beam, Giga Drain/Scald/Rain Dance holding a life orb.

last but not least, I want to replace forretress for kabutops. Forretress on the rain team serves little purpose and loses way too much momentum on this very offensive team which is bad. So I chose kabutops because not only can it keep the offensive pressure up, It can Rapid spin which could be proven to be crucial at times. I suggest 252 speed 252 attack adamant with the life orb. Moves include: waterfall, stone edge, aquajet, swords dance/rapid spin

In closing I decided to come up with some pretty standard rain offense to give you a better idea on how rain is run. good luck

Import:
I agree with this entire team! I also appreciate you helping me with understanding how rain teams are run. The assistance is much appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)