Battle Spot Rate my Kanto team. Suggestions would be nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARCANINE
-Flare Blitz
-Extreme Speed
-Wild Charge
-Close Combat/Crunch
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 def/252 Spe
Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

TAUROS
-Iron head
-Retaliate/return
-Zen headbutt
-rock slide
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 Def/252 ATK/252 Spe
Ability: Sheer Force

Jolteon
-Thunderbolt
-Volt switch
-Signal beam
-Shadow ball
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 spAtk/4 Def/252 Spe
Ability: volt absorb
Don't have hidden power ice

Slowbro
-Scald
-?
-?
-psyshock
Nature:bold
Evs: 232 hp/ 196 def/ 76 spdef
Unsure what to do with him idk if I want to physical wall or calm mind slowbro

Then I have a poison touch curse muk and a moxie gyarados idk if I want to use them or put a multi scale dragonite and maybe a tentacruel since it learns rapid spin and haze? I just wanted a poison to deal with clefable and dragonite just hits Alakazam and others hard but some suggestions would be nice please! I have no items because it's for that Kanto Classic tournament and you can use items on any of the Pokemon and it's only the first 149 original Kanto pokes! Thanks for your help in advance

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just wanna sneak in before the RMT mods lock this for being incomplete and lacking descriptions for all the Pokemon...

Arcanine is pretty underwhelming in my experience. It can probably do some work with the physically defensive set (Impish, Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun, [filler]) so maybe look into that.

Tauros sucks, use Snorlax.

Jolteon absolutely needs Hidden Power Ice, don't both using it without it.

Slowbro is cool with Calm Mind and Slack Off.

Muk sucks, use Tentacool to Haze Clefable and hit it with Poison moves. Use Intimidate on Gyarados, but he's also not terribly good here either, especially with Slowbro on your team. Dragonite seems like an obvious replacement.

Also, join us in the Battle Spot forum and in the Battle Spot room on Pokemon Showdown where we are hyped af for this meta and talk about it a lot!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there, welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately I'll have to lock this for the time being as the RMT rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Since you're new to this I'd recommend checking out the Intro Hub, which is a great place to start on the forums, and like cant say said you can head over to the Battle Spot forum for resources to help you get a better grasp of the metagame. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)