Battle Spot Rate this team of mine, please.

I took the stats at level 50.
I often like to do strange things with EV's, if I can get away with it.

Overall, I like my pokemon to be able to take a bit of a beating.
I try to avoid tricks, and instead focus on taking advantage of
weaknesses, both of type and defense stats. I tend to focus
too much on Attack as opposed to Special Attack, but that's just
an accident. I'm very fond of protect, but I'm
still learning how to make best use of it.

I got the EV's off azurilland's Stat Calculator. They match up with the stats, but they're probably just a little bit off.

Scrafty @ Quick Claw
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 1 Sp.Def / 4 Def / 1 Speed
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Protect

I like scrafty because of his high defense.
I tend to try and hit opposing fairy types with iron head
to get rid of them, and that's the main reason why I chose
to give him a quick claw. He's also kind of slow, so quick claw
works wonders with him. I use protect if I'm worried about
the other dood using a pesky fairy type move, as scrafty gets
ruined by those fairly easily. I rely on scrafty quite alot, and
I gave him drain punch in hopes to make him last a bit longer. Ice
punch is just there for whatever opposition might be weak to it.
I send him out when I think he's going to be able to do his job
safely. I try to keep him safe, as he's sort of my trump card.

Archeops @ Leftovers
Ability: Defeatist
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 218 HP / 145 Def / 145 Sp Def. / 1 Atk / 1 Sp. Atk / 4 Speed
-Fly
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn
-Protect

Archeops has abnormally high attack, which I chose not to take further advantage of. Instead, I chose to give him some extra defense, and a bunch of HP.
I always give him leftovers, to help deal with his "Defeatist" ability.
His moveset isn't well thought out, I'm still wondering about whether to replace
Rock Slide with some other thing, as well as U-Turn with some other thing. Protect is
mostly to stall for leftovers to recover HP. Fly is also partly to stall to recover HP,
but I don't use it if I'm worried about smack down, or thunder. This archeops is
a favourite of mine, and I can often rely on him to not get destroyed too easily.
As a side note, I think it's adorable that he gets discouraged when below 50% HP.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Docile
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 6 Atk / 0 Sp.Atk / 0 Sp.Def / 0 Def
-Waterfall
-Dive
-Surf
-Protect

I made this Sharpedo a really long time ago, and I'm fairly sure I'm going to redo
him before long. I gave him 3 water moves, partly because I wanted him to
to be able to double as an HM slave, but it actually worked out rather
smoothly. I gave him surf to better harm pokemon like Steelix, who have high defense,
but less high Special Defense. Dive is fairly situational, I use it to try and keep the other person guessing. Waterfall is just to deal damage, I don't rely on
the flinch effect actually working, but it's a nice bonus. I like to have him
as my Mega-Evolution, but only because he's the only one who can.
He can be really helpful, but in general I just throw him out
to see what kind of damage he can do. He needs the most revision out of my whole
team, but I'm kind of afraid to touch him because he's done me very well.

Luxray @ Scope Lens
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Lax
EV's: 215 Def / 90 HP / 90 ATK / 1 Speed / 4 Sp.Def / 1 Sp.Atk
-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Thunder Fang
-Protect

I'm not sure if Luxray is really the best choice for what I'm using him for,
but he seems to work nicely. He's not very strategic, honestly. I like to
swap him out and put him back in sometimes to make use of Intimidate, but I mostly
just have him use the most appropriate attack in a given situation, using protect
to attempt wasting opposing attacks. His pure electric type is nice for a
sturdy pokemon, as he's only weak to ground attacks. I only gave him a scope lens
because I didn't know what else to give him. I rely on him when I don't have any
plan of attack ready.

Vileplume @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 1 Def / 1 Sp.Def / 4 Speed 0 Atk
-Venoshock
-Grass Knot
-Dazzling Gleam
-Protect

I made myself a Vileplume to fill a void in my squad. I usually like to send her
out when I'm expecting opposition that relies on direct attacks. I'm almost ready to give up on Rocky Helmet, and just use a black sludge like a normal person. I only ever send her out if I know exactly what she's going to try and do. I can
never decide whether I like Grass Knot or Giggle Drain better. I'm also not sure about Venoshock, but I feel like it's always about to be really useful when I think
about removing it. I'd replace it with Sludge Bomb, probably.

Greninja @ No Item
Ability: Protean
Nature: Quirky
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 1 Def / 1 Sp.Def / 4 Speed / 0 Sp.Atk
-Thief
-Dig
-Gunk Shot
-Protect

To me, Protean Greninja is mandatory in nearly any team. I try to use him intelligently, but I have a hard time with that. I usually try use thief to get
an opposing sitrus berry, or a leftovers, if possible. I use him to deal damage, mostly. He's another pokemon I send out when I'm not exactly sure what's going on.

I'm aware this team isn't optimized, but that's okay. I can usually put up a really
good fight, but I almost always lose. I tend to be very patient, which my team
was built to complement. In general, this team is intended to stand toe-to-toe
with the opposition. This often serves me well, but usually not well enough.
I tested this team against the Super Single Battle course, and Super Double Battle
course in the battle maison, mostly. They do okay there, I win anywhere between 5-13 battles in a row before something horrible happens. I've done some online battles too with all of them, but not all at the same time. I have a hard time
finding online battles. Personally, I think I
just need to pay more attention and get more practice.
This team isn't exactly intended for a specific mode of play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...there are some really big problems here.

For starters, EVs at level 50 should be divisible by 4(this part goes for EVs at any level,) but not 8 at level 50 for mons with an odd IV-such as 31, which is perfect and almost always what you want on any stat you're investing in-and divisible by 8 for stats with an even IV.

If this is Singles or Rotations, Protect isn't working on much of anything. You should specify the meta.

Fly is never a viable move to use(well, maybe I'd you're stalling for Toxic damage a lot, but I'm not seeing that here.) Neutral natures like Docile are also pretty much never viable, especially on stuff like Sharpedo that wants more Spe and doesn't care about a -Def or SpD nature, since it has paper thin bulk.

Setting aside the obvious problem of the Pokemon itself, what is your Vileplume doing with Venoshock? You have no reliable method to poison the opponent. Also Vile has Moonblast, which is better than Dazzling Gleam(perhaps not if this is doubles/triples cause it's a spread move, but idk.)

Quick Claw and Scope Lens aren't viable items, so definitely get rid of those.

Your Greninja...ummm, please change it. No sugar coating, that set is horrible. Might be tough to hear but that's how you learn. Thief is really not a good move in general, and if you absolutely must use it at least use a disposable item like Focus Sash. Dig is in the same category as Surf-mayb if you rely on Toxic a lot, but otherwise no. I guess you also could be weird and keep Thief and Dig and hold a Power Herb, which eliminates the charge turn for Dig and is a disposable item.

You also probably want sprites. Those are easy, just google "Pokemon name Sprite"

There are a couple Orr errors, but I think this is enough for now. Hope you get this fixed up:)

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I have some set changes that I hope will help you out:
Scrafty: Dragon Dance > Ice Punch, this will let you more easily KO Fairies with Iron Head. If playing Doubles, you will want a support Pokemon with Follow Me or Rage Powder to redirect Fairy moves while you set up, then KO the target on the next turn. Try Amoonguss, because it resists Fairy type, and it can also KO the opponent while you use Protect. In this situation, you'd want to replace Vileplume because it doesn't get Rage Powder (but you can still use it in singles because of its higher SpA).
For Sharpedo, I think Crunch + Ice Fang>Dive + Surf would work better for their coverage. Keep Protect to get a Speed Boost pre-Mega.
A neat idea would be to give Greninja Acrobatics>Dig. If you don't have an item, you can take one with Thief or use Acrobatics, which is both powerful and gives Greninja an immunity to Ground moves.
That's all I have, sorry but I don't know the Battle Spot meta very well. Thanks for reading!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be blunt; this team is not competitive. I advise you to check out the resources in our Battle Spot Forum to help you figure out what's good / bad. If you don't mind, I can try to give you a rundown on the mons you're using

Scrafty @ Quick Claw
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 1 Sp.Def / 4 Def / 1 Speed
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Protect

Quick Claw is not a good item, and Iron Head isn't beating any Fairy-types anytime soon. You should instead use:

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Rock Tomb

This set makes Scrafty way bulkier and gives him great coverage. Rock Tomb nails predicted Talonflame switchins. I've used this set myself and it's fun.

---

Archeops @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 218 HP / 145 Def / 145 Sp Def. / 1 Atk / 1 Sp. Atk / 4 Speed
-Fly
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn
-Protect

Archeops is way too frail to make use of Leftovers. Fly is a crap move because your opponent can just switch in a resist. You should use:

Archeops @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake / Acrobatics / Tailwind
- Endeavor

This works as a dedicated lead, get Stealth Rock set up and get some damage in before letting your teammates do the work. Head Smash still does respectable damage when in Defeatist range due to its high base power and Archeops great attack stat. However Tailwind + Endeavor is probably what you'll be clicking if you've been brought down to 1HP.

---

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Nature: Docile
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 6 Atk / 0 Sp.Atk / 0 Sp.Def / 0 Def
-Waterfall
-Dive
-Surf
-Protect

Docile doesn't make any sense as you want to use natures to your advantage to get boosts. Even mixed attackers prefer a nature that boosts an offensive stat or speed at the cost of a defensive stat. Dive is the same as Fly, just don't use it. Surf is ok but Hydro Pump is better on Sharpedo who isn't that strong anyway. Also, three water type moves is bad. Here's what I would use:

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch / Ice Fang
- Destiny Bond / Ice Fang

Dark is a great offensive type so you wanna use it, and Crunch + Strong Jaw is amazing. Destiny Bond is great for taking something bulky down while it KOes you, and works great with Speed Boost. Ice Fang gives great coverage but is hard to fit on a set.

Also, make sure that the first turn you have Sharpedo on the field you use Protect without Mega Evolving so you get a Speed Boost, then Mega Evolve the next turn. You probably already know but I'm surprised how many people don't.

---

Luxray @ Scope Lens
Nature: Lax
EV's: 215 Def / 90 HP / 90 ATK / 1 Speed / 4 Sp.Def / 1 Sp.Atk
-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Thunder Fang
-Protect

Luxray really isn't good in Battle Spot, there are so many better Electric-types to choose from like Thundurus, Raikou, Mega Manectric, Rotom-W, and Rotom-H. Obviously these are all special attackers, which is something that Luxray has over them, but physical Electric-types dont really do anything good and have to rely on Wild Charge as a STAB move. You'd definitely benefit from using one of those as you need a special attacker. I'm not really sure what Luxray could use to make it good but maybe something like:

Luxray @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def or 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe respectively
Adamant or Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang / Volt Switch

Scope Lens and Crunch + Protect just got swapped for better items and moves.

---

Vileplume @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 1 Def / 1 Sp.Def / 4 Speed 0 Atk
-Venoshock
-Grass Knot
-Dazzling Gleam
-Protect

Vileplume is straight up not usable, and there are way better grass types available that can do the same thing such as Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Serperior. In fact, Serperior would work nicely as a Vileplume replacement and also function as a much needed special attacker:

Serperior @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 116 HP / 220 Def / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Reflect
- Synthesis

Fantastic physical wall and Kangaskhan / Garchomp check. Lead Storm + Contrary is amazing too.

---

Greninja @ No Item
Nature: Quirky
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 1 Def / 1 Sp.Def / 4 Speed / 0 Sp.Atk
-Thief
-Dig
-Gunk Shot
-Protect

I already mentioned that Docile sucks, this is the same. Also, no item + Thief is a bad idea. Greninja is also so fast that it doesn't make sense to not invest in it. You should instead use:

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot

This is Greninja's most common and effective set. Ice Beam + Dark Pulse is fantastic coverage, Low Kick nails Kangaskhan and Tyranitar, and Gunk Shot (with the given EVs) OHKOes Azumarill.

---

This still isn't a really cohesive team, just examples of better sets on the Pokemon you currently have.

If you'd like to chat to us in real time (way better for learning) about Battle Spot, make sure to visit our chat room on Pokemon Showdown!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)