SS OU Recommendations On My Trick Room Team *Updated*

I've been trying out a lot of different trick room teams and i have landed on this one. I kinda wanna keep toxicity in as much as possible because i have a 6IV shiny but please let me know what i should change on this team!

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Hatterene is who i lead with most times because it can set up trick room maybe even get some good damage in. I also like Hatterene a lot because of magic bounce because it is very convent to send in response to there ferrothorn or other spikers or Pokemon like that.

Runerigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Trick Room

I Typically send out Runerigus when i am a few Pokemon deep so that i can kinda restart almost and get trick room setup again then switch into grimmsnarl then get the game a bit more in my control. I have been swapping this with cofagaris but i think that i like Runerigus a bit more because i prefer wandering spirit to mummy and the main reason is because of the typing, Cofagaris is just ghost while Runerigus is ghost ground so i like Runerigus' coverage a bit better.

Toxtricity @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Sludge Bomb
- Shift Gear

Toxtricity is mostly for the late or middle game when i just need to get some work done damage wise and i think that toxtricity fufils a very large hole in this team because it is electric poison typing so it has good coverage with having so much ghost types. it can sweep very well with boom burst and throat spray

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Polteageist is one of the best sweepers for this team in my opinion because it is extremely powerful and can come out of nowhere and sweep there whole team. I send out Polteageist only when trick room is down or on its last turn because then i can shell smash and then stored power and sweep. Sometimes ill even send in Polteageist as a lead because they expect me to send out a hatterene or maybe but less commonly runerigus. then i can just use shell smash turn 1 and then i can turn 2 stored power for 160 with 2x attack, sp.atk and speed. But if they hit me on turn 1 i get the same sp.atk and attack stats but my speed is 3x so i can almost out speed anything.

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Stealth Rock

Corsola with eviolite can be extremely annoying and good because you can set up will o wisp with hex and you can hit for lots of damage and you can constantly heal yourself with strength sap while also lowering your opponents attack. You can also set up stealth rocks with corsola

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Fire Punch

I mainly use Grimmsnarl to take control of the game if i am lacking or to just to get some damage in. I've been swaping between Frisk and prankster but i think that i like frisk a bit more becuase you can see what you are going to take with trick.

***Please excuse my bad spelling or grammar i had already wrote this and i didn't hit save so i kind of just did this in a hurry***

Last edited:
Would help if you give a short description about how you use each Pokémon and why you chose them. This is also a demand listed in the forum rules btw.

Shift Gear on Toxtricity is counter-productive in a Trick Room team but I assume you use that move only when Trick Room's gone. Can't tell though because you don't explain yourself.

Furthermore I see alot of overlapping types in your team. Try making a nice spread with better STAB coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)