• viable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not viable

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • its like ok i guess

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This team is heavily prediction and momentum reliant help me make it more late turn viable.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Body Slam

The bulky physical sometimes sweeper being able to switch in on a wall and start a war of attrition based on chunking the wall and forcing a switch. mega metagross is a scary poke to see on the enemy team effectively creating a global "ko that poke is my win condition" with that in mind having him switch in and tank a shot without taking to much damage serves as an aggrivator which creates the miss play by the opposition. with the team covering his weaknesses this "taunt" helps make the easy and correct predictions to swing momentum and put my opponent on their back foot. his set is that of a sweeper but because of his natural bulk and hp ev investment surviving most attacks are easy making him a "brawler" of sorts meteor mashing for boosts in his attack zen headbutt provides stab and utilities his tough claws ability. substituting the last two moves is probably ideal i run with them for the surprise factor.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

The anti- turn 1 dragon dance set up sweep with enough damage to kill a sweeper if it hits super effectively. Landorus is usually played as a early game sweeper disrupting and creating chaos while the opponent scrambles for an answer. with this bulky defensive set he accomplishes this with his ability to stay in and knock off the unsuspecting turn 2 switch. his huge ice weakness being covered by another part of the tank core helps synergize with this bulky predict and switch type team. while i feel like his set is sort of self explanatory ill try to go into detail for you guys. with intimidate cutting into the turn 1 pokes attack gong defensive ev spread ensures there is no turn 1 ohko available eq and r slide are simple effective coverage moves that keep him relevant after hes already set rocks up the kicker is the knock off he packs simply to disrupt sweepers simply because a lot of sweepers need their items to be wall breakers.

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

The "oh you wanted to do something....no" poke i think its pretty rare to see a spd invested volcanion due to his sweeper states and usage. catching the opponent off guard is the theme here (did you guess that yet) even with basically no ev's invested in spa he still hits pretty hard and creates a momentum swing allowing you to make easy predictions and outplays. The set is to support this bulky idgaf play style with will-o stifling physical attackers and sub for the easy wall and poke down option.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb

Its him the god of "herp derp no damage done here". Amoongus is the staple of this defensive core because of not only his ability regenerator but also carrying toxic and spore to pick the proper status for each enemy poke depending the situation. basically he's not a wall hes a thorn bush stay in on him without the ability to burn him down quickly and face the out come. spore and toxic are the real mvp of this set putting the right poke to sleep at the right time decides games easily and having toxic for other walls that he wants to switch out against normally help him remain at the front line soaking punishment like spongebob when Felix flounder used his face as a punching bag.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Air Slash
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Sludge Wave

The lesser utilized but still active dismemberor of teams tornadus keeps the game rolling with as a care free switch in for a lot of things slap on an assault vest and some def evs and you're in wall heaven. with hurricane in her back pocket and u-turn to gtfo if need be she can create a wide array of problems when used as a semi wall her bulk and damage make her hard to deal with and create a completely predictable and necessary switch to fight against her. her ability and synergy with amoongas are the perfect storm for shaking your opponent up properly.

Raikou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Extrasensory

Thunder cat .........
I don't have much to say as to why raikou specifically but i needed a fast special sweeper that can dip in and out of battle. raikou also has an amazing move pool thats almost bottomless so i could fill in the needs of the team damage wise. with the move volt switch i can use a volt u-turn combo that awards free turns of damage if timed well. most of the moves are pure coverage. tumblr cat is one of the fastest in the tier with a scarf and max speed evs i never have too much trouble knowing when i can get of free damage and leave.

thats my team crituqe and help me grow as a hopefully innovative and fresh look team builder this is my first time posting on the forum and i hope for amazing results.

Hey, your team looks pretty cool at first glance but it has some issues with certain mons and some inefficient sets. Let's fix the sets first:

Metagross should be Jolly Max Speed always unless you're running the agility set which I feel wouldn't work here. Jolly nature puts it at a speed of 350 meaning it can outspeed threats like keldeo while 0 speed only puts it at 256 speed which means it's getting outsped by mons like bisharp and breloom. You don't want to invest in HP since you're not investing in defenses nor have recovery so the best thing to do is go Max Attack and Max HP. Gross is effective due to its good speed in conjunction with its power. As for the movesets, Mash and Zen are pretty standard and BP is nice priority. Body Slam is unconventional and doesn't really work. I think you need ice punch to hit Garchomps and Lando's.

Lando spread is mostly fine tho you can put like 24 evs in sdef to guarantee living a draco from latios but this isn't necessary. You should use u-turn over knock off since a big part of landorus' effectiveness comes from its ability to pivot into threats and u-turn out to bring in your breakers, sweepers, etc. I also think stone edge should be used over rock slide due to its higher damage output but rock slide is ok if you prefer the higher accuracy.

Spdef volcanion is not a good set, simple as that. You should avoid slapping random evs on just to surprise the opponent because it rarely works vs a good player and instead, focus on what the team needs and finding good ways to satisfy that need. Anyway, the best volcanion sets are either the specs wall breaker set or the physically defensive set with toxic. I'll touch on those later.

Amoonguss doesn't need the sdef investment to take on the mon it checks and is better off running EVs in defense to help it take on things like breloom, azumarill, lopunny, and so on. I usually use a spread of 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Sdef.

The Tornadus set is completely inefficient. Tornadus needs max speed to properly pivot in and threaten out the things it's meant to check. You should be using Max HP or 172 HP (with the remaining evs in spatk) and max speed with a timid nature. The moveset should be hurricane, u turn, knock off, and either heat wave, focus blast, or hp ice. This moveset maximizes tornadus' ability to both act as a supporting mon while still maintaining its offensive potential.

Scarf Raikou also shouldn't be used since it's a really weak scarfer and opens you up to various set up mons like zardx, altaria, etc. The best raikou set to use for your team is substitute + calm mind with thunderbolt and HP Ice because it acts as a win con vs bulky offense and appreciates gross / volc pressuring things like ferro.

Moving onto the team composition itself, you have 2 rock weak mons and 4/6 of your team is susceptible to spikes so I think some form of hazard control is necessary. Also, you struggle a lot with offensive dark types like weavile and bisharp. You even struggle with something like kyurem even though it doesn't have ubiquitous switch ins because your entire team fails to threaten it besides gross.

To fix these weaknesses while keeping your original team the same as much as possible, I'm going to first recommend Latios over tornadus. A standard defog set brings to the team the following: a way to rid hazards and a way to threaten kyurem and various other mons out. It maintains the ability to check keldeo like tornadus did and also is able to switch into zardy.

This leaves the issue of offensive darks. You can do 2 things: you can either run a physically defensive volcanion or change amoonguss to keldeo. I think the keldeo change is better since you'd be using a scarf set and it offensively handles lopunny should landorus be low in health just like amoonguss would. Running physdef volcanion works decently but if rocks are up, then it becomes a less effective switch in.

Here is what the team would look like:

Here is the new import and some other possible sets:

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Wave

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Endeavor

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Recover

Brainstorm (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 4 SpD / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Haze

Some notes: Gross would have hammer arm to pressure Ferrothorn for Raikou, Gross has Pursuit to trap Latis for Volc and Keld. The team is a bit weaker to HP Fire latis without tornadus but this can be played around by getting rocks up and forcing it to take steam eruptions.

Hope I helped!

my soul lol thank you for telling me i always want to build decent teams on paper but i also love doing weird things so what if i swap volcanion for diance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)