Registeel's Rage (UU Balanced)

Hello to everyone here on Smogon, this is my 2nd RMT on the forums. My first team had a great amount of success, and after playing around with tons of other teams I've finally come up with this. It's had quite a large about of success, reaching around 1850 on the UU ladder at its current point, 13-3. It was based around Registeel and his Curse RestTalk set with Iron Head and then some more pokemon were placed around him, most of which can sweep themselves. For a quick team shot:

In Depth:

Erudite (Uxie) @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Memento

Uxie is one of the best leads in UU, very underrated from RU. In RU, Uxie is a huge defensive threat, but is someone lesser due to the common Heracross/Honchkrow in UU which can threaten it out. With a lagging tail, though, it is guaranteed to make an opposing pokemon slower than everything else on the field due to the lagging tail's effect. If my opponent decides to lead with an offensive pokemon, I can put a huge dent in its offensive power by slowing it down considerably. Stealth Rock guarantees to get my rocks up after I pass the lagging tail along, and then I can use Psychic if there is a fighting/poison type threat on the field or I can use Memento to cripple something and get a free switch into a sweeper to get a free turn of setup. The given EV spread is a simple spread for an Uxie, allowing it more defense for Specs leads and the only thing that is going to threaten it out physically is Heracross, which is never a lead. It also allows for a bit more special defense in case my special defensive starts to wear out, considering I have two physical walls and just one special. Now, on to the offensive backbone of the team.

Mystery (Mismagius) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

I've played around with many ghosts, and once fell in love with Chandelure. Mismagius, though, is an amazing ghost in its own way, one of the most potent sweepers in UU. With a substitute and a blazing fast 105 base speed, it can usually set up a substitute against status enducers or Sucker Punch happy pokemon. Mismagius has Thunderbolt to deal with Honchkrows and bulky waters like Suicune or Milotic, and Shadow Ball for an obvious STAB option which hits almost everything in the tier for very hard damage. Nasty Plot is a quick, super devastating boost move which allows Mismagius to set up in two turns with a Sub + Nasty Plot and then have all the rest for sweeping. Even though Mismagius isn't the main sweeper on this team, it has found a lot of action as a sweeper. Mismagius also allows me to keep my rocks up for the whole game, as a great spin blocker and able to beat opposing Blastoise and Hitmontop, the two pokemon in UU that use rapid spin. Next is the physical sweeper for this team.

Alla Dat (Darmanitan) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Darmanitan is my favorite Scarf user in the whole meta. Without Darm, there would be so much in the tier that would be able to sweep me, like Sub CM Raikou. Darmanitan can come in and kill anything that isn't boosted in physical defense/speed or that doesn't resist it with a single Flare Blitz, and can easily take out opposing Chandelure's who want to get a Flash Fire boost with a Rock Slide. Access to U-Turn make Darmanitan automatically a good Choice user. Darmanitan is probably my best late-game sweeper, because once its checks are gone it can come in and clean up for me. Jolly lets it outspeed Adamant Sharpedo after one boost, and Sharpedo is a HUGE threat to my entire team. The moveset is pretty obvious. Darmanitan can also draw in opposing Slowbros/Suicunes/Milotics which are setup bait for Mismagius, and Mismagius can force a switch out and get a free Sub. Darmanitan is a great asset to my team. Now to begin the defensive backbone of this team.

Beyblade (Hitmontop) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic

Hitmontop is most definitely the best spinner in UU. With Intimidate and the given EV spread, there is almost no physical attacker in the tier that can break through it fast enough. Close Combat allows for easy kills, Rapid Spin to open up fast switching, Sucker Punch for easy revenge kills, and toxic to whittle down all pokemon that can break through Hitmontop or wall him. Hitmontop is more of a utility pokemon than a wall, though, but is still needed to wall Heracross and other sweepers that can break through Slowbro. Speaking of Slowbro, here she is in depth.

Derpina (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Slowbro is a great synergizer with Registeel, being able to take Arcanines and Darmanitans for days while easily setting up on Fire and Fighting types and being able to OHKO are 2HKO most ground type threats in UU that would threaten out Registeel, most notably Rhyperior. The Calm Mind set is awesome IMO, able to set up on pokemon such as Hitmontop that rely on a fighting/fire type STAB or choice-locked pokemon. Scald and Psyshock are two reliable STABS, and after 2 or 3 Calm Minds these will OHKO or 2HKO most everything in the tier barring Umbreon. Slack Off along with Regenerator allow for a huge amount of longetivity.

GlaDOS (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Registeel is my favorite pokemon, and is, simply put, a beast. After a couple of curses, even a banded Heracross will only do about 40% with Close Combat. Rest allows quick recovery so Registeel never goes down. Once enough curses are up, an immunity to Toxic really pays off and once water/steel/fire types are eliminated by my sweepers Registeel can put on a show. Sleep Talk is there for extra moves to be made while Registeel takes a nap. IMO, RestTalk is better than RestoChesto because RestoChesto doesn't have a huge amount of longetivity, while RestTalk does.

Conclusion:
So there you have it, my 2nd UU team. Any kind of suggestion would be appreciated, I feel as if there are many things that could be changed here but I'd like some help as to what could be changed. Thanks!

This is an interesting team to say the least! I just have a few nitpicks...
1. Uxie is good in theory but that particular set is 100% shutdown by a taunt from sableye. I think you may want to consider trying a different set or poke. If you do want to keep uxie then i recommend dropping trick + lagging tail. Even sableye does this better due to priority trick. Try mental herb > lagging tail to stop the taunt and let uxie do something. Or you can try dual screeening etc..
2. I dont think you need hitmontop tbh. Your only sr weak poke is darm who will ko itself with flare blitz. You can probably use a better poke like stallbreaker crobat who can check moxie hera perfectly alongside registeel.
The rest of the team looks okay but you may want to consider trying new roles out for the pokes. Your team isnt exactly hyper offensive but it has 1 support poke a rapid spinner and 4 boosting pokes. You may want to look into pokes that can help regi/mis sweep like wish support from umbreon, status moves to help make the sweeps easier etc..

I might suggest HP fighting>thunderbolt on mismaggius. fighting and ghost get nearly perfect coverage, and otherwise you would get completely walled by things like umbreon and snorlax. also maybe consider a Life orb over Lefties; cuts down her longevity, but gives a really nice noticeable power boost. something to think about :3

i do feel like your uxie is...out of place.
The given EV spread is a simple spread for an Uxie, allowing it more defense for Specs leads and the only thing that is going to threaten it out physically is Heracross, which is never a lead.
I've encountered MANY lead Heracross....just fyi.
maybe a better lead would be a fast azelf or a physical def bronzong for your rocks:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)