Return'd

Acrobatics Talonflame enjoys this meta.
Hex Gengar could like the power boost but the priority spam will likely wreck it.
Holy crap Azumarill.
Mega Gardevoir can run Echoed Voice for a strong attack from the start and a nuclear weapon afterwards and with modest, can OHKO Chansey after rocks with it. Scary. That's a 390 BP move after stab from that 175 base SpA.

Last edited:

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
with all the priority spam, this mon should be really good in the meta:

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball/Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

it resists/immune to almost all priority, except of aqua jet and shadow sneak, and at the same time can spam its own priority.
shadow sneak hits most stuff neutrally in the meta, and secred sword is for the ghost/fighting perfect coverage. gyro ball/iron head are stabs.sword dance is to boost its attack to huge levels,making it capable of OHKO ing a good portion of the meta.

aegislash would have been op if it was not banned

Has anyone considered Pidgeot-Mega? Thanks to the beauty of Return'd, it now gets fighting coverage, which its always wanted.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost/U-Turn

Pretty standard set, but now HP fighting allows Pidgeot-Mega to have that coverage it needed. Heat Wave is barely needed, and can honestly be switched out. Hurricane hits hard, Roost heals, and U-Turn pivots. Pidgeot-Mega also gets that nice immunity to Shadow Sneak, and can normally beat any Mach Punch fighting type users with Hurricane, and Roost off the damage.

Certain metagames aren't going to be balanced in the normal sense of the term. No Status, Protean Palace, Metagamite and Return'd invalidates non-centralised stall teams - those who aim to check as much as possible all at once. If you do want to go that route you need a very educated grasps of the current metagame trends and capitalize on those.

This seems like yet another meta jam packed with priority spam. Really hope I'm wrong because there's already enough of those
Certain metagames aren't going to be balanced in the normal sense of the term. No Status, Protean Palace, Metagamite and Return'd invalidates non-centralised stall teams - those who aim to check as much as possible all at once. If you do want to go that route you need a very educated grasps of the current metagame trends and capitalize on those.
Grains of salt is right here, from my experience. You can totally run stall, but it's probably doublade+MVenu+Skarmory stall, not anything like standard ou. And then you have to run things for talonflame, and for metagross...

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Defense Curl best move 2k16 on a Regirock
Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rollout
- Defense Curl
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Kill the world.

Defense Curl best move 2k16 on a Regirock
Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rollout
- Defense Curl
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Kill the world.
Quite possibly the most heat set in the universe. Screw Defensive Zapdos, new birdspam check in town

I'm really liking moves that do doubled damage, like Hex, Venoshock, Pursuit and Facade. Hopefully we'll be seeing Hex and Venoshock more often! also maybe razor wind will actually be half decent now

I'm really liking moves that do doubled damage, like Hex, Venoshock, Pursuit and Facade. Hopefully we'll be seeing Hex and Venoshock more often! also maybe razor wind will actually be half decent now
...Thank you for reminding me of Pursuit spam.

Tyanitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Adamant Nature
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Ice Punch/Dragon Claw/Stealth Rock/whatever

Oh, your Talonflame is ALIVE? Let's change that. You can also run Scarf to bop overconfident Mega Pinsirs. (You kind of have to be broken in this meta, or you won't even get a chance to live...)

One thing that may be of note is that Rapid Spin becomes much easier to use, seeing as it can essentially be another coverage move on physical mons and becomes more difficult to switch into.

Mega Pinsir absolutely needs banning, without doubt. A 102-base power Feint - which has +2 priority - plus Aerilate boost + STAB = 198 base power high-priority move. You basically need to run multiple very strong resists, that can also outspeed or tank his coverage. It's too much.

Last edited:
Strictly speaking, Feint is "only" +2. I still think it's extremely powerful and centralizing, probably deserving of a ban.

I don't normally say things like this, but Mega Pinsir absolutely needs to be quickbanned, no doubt. It can destroy almost any Pokemon with Feint. Oh, you're a steel type? Earthquake. Something that M-Pinsir can't stop (like Air Balloon Doublade, I've seen that)? M-Pinsir has 5 other teammates. But even then, M-Pinsir can sweep teams alone. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if Feint had +1 BP, but it has +2, and it breaks through Protect. As stated before, it also gets amazing coverage moves in Earthquake/Close Combat. Literally, I've been using a (suggested) core of Weavile and Garchomp just to beat it. I know many people who agree that M-Pinsir is broken, too.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Or just ban/remove the boost from Feint. Pinsir is not the problem.
Feint has +2 Priority, Breaks Protection, gets Aerilate boosted and is not even a contact move so you can't take advantage from Mummy/Helms/Barbs/RSkin. Other then that, Pinsir would be just normamly running a Return set (Which honestly, is good but not worth banning since there are much better options).

But if we are going to ban MPinsir (Which I support by the way) we should look into Talonflame. Sure, it's not as great, but 204 Prority with STAB is crazy. Speed stat is not bad either so you won't be outspeeding it most of the times. Only failure is attack stat (Which isn't bad but makes it need two hits to KO some things).

Also, Rollout Regirock in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/returnd-449710099

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)