SM OU RM Balanced Team:

Hello guys,

the idea behind this team is to be balanced and having alot of speed while also having some heavy hitters. The team consists of three offensive Pokemon and three defensive Pokemon. My research began with searching Pokemon which have close to no weaknesses.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

The Team is built around Charizard-X. He is the Heavy Hitter on the team and has a pretty good speed. Charizard-X deals with Toxapex, Heatran and Landorus-T. But Charizard-X struggles with Greninja, Keldeo, and Garchomp so I had to find a solution here. Also Charizard-X is pretty weak when Stealh Rocks are on the field.

Thundurus-T @ Electrium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Defog

Thundurus-T and Charizard-X really work well together. Giving Thundurus-T Defog helps out to get rid of Stealth Rocks which are dangerous for Charizard-X. Also, Thundurus-T outspeeds Greninja, Keldeo and Garchomp even if they are scarfed, since I have Agility in this set. With Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice Thundururs-T becomes a huge threat to Greninja, Kledeo and Garchomp. Electrium-Z makes Thudnerbolt really powerful and helps out to deal with things like Tapu Lele, Mega Heracross and Volcarona. I sadly had to replace Nasty Plot with Defog, because no other Team mate can learn Defog, and using Defog on Charizard-X maybe isnt the best set.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump
- Sacred Sword

Keldeo is the one which checks Tyranitar, Weavile, Bisharp, Jirachi and Manaphy. Not much to say here, standard Keldeo set which outspeeds nearly every Pokemon out there.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Since yet I didnt have a Stealh Rock setter, but with Clefable I got one. I did choose a bulky clefable which is able to toxic the opponent, set up rocks and recover with Soft-Boiled to annoy my opponent. Moonblast is here to deal with stall Pokemon like Sableye-Mega and other dark, dragon or fight types.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVS Atk: 0
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

I needed something to deal with fairy types, and Magearna does her job really well so far. I wanted a bulky Magearna since the idea is to have three pivots, and Magearna is one of them.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

After choosing five Pokemon i realized that ground attacks could be a big problem, so i choosed Celesteela as a next pivot. Since it is a flying type I'm immune on ground attacks.

Thanks for your time and helping me out, Cheers :-)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)