RMT Archive & Showcase nomination thread [Past Gens edition]

Hello, welcome to the Past Gen Teams Archive nomination thread!

Here, you're free to nominate Past Gen RMTs you feel deserves a spot in the RMT Archive. Here are some kind of teams that we are looking for when building the archive:
  • Teams that introduced a new strategy that has become widely popular. Example: this team alone made Assist Liepard a very well known strategy.
  • Teams that represent the best build for a popular archetype during a given moment of the metagame. Example: this team was one of the best stall teams of BW UU.
  • Teams that are proven to be especially successful. Example: this team was extremely successful during BW UU, as it was used by the champion of th UU open tournament.

With that said, I'd like to lay down a few ground rules:

• DO NOT BANDWAGON
    • Only let one person nominate a team.
    • There's no need to post here saying "I agree with this nomination". If I see any of this, your post will be deleted and possibly infracted.
  • JUSTIFY YOUR NOMINATION
    • This is self-explanatory. Explain why you nominated a team in a few brief sentences.
  • DO NOT NOMINATE YOUR OWN TEAMS
    • Please refrain from posting your own teams, if it deserves a spot it'll be nominated.
  • DO NOT NOMINATE REJECTED TEAMS
    • Rejected teams can only be renominated once, and only when provided with a solid reason. Nominating rejected teams multiple times will be infracted.

Here's the format for nominating teams. Failure to follow this format will result in your post being ignored:

Title of the team: Make sure to hyper-link to the actual thread.

Justification: Brief summary of why you think the team should be added.

ACCEPTED

RBY

Memento - Bedschibaer
March 2016

GSC

ADV

querencia - McMeghan
November 2014

Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher - BKC
November 2014

Ozymandias - Smurf
March 2015

DPP

the phantom of stark mountain - august
Apr 2016 - Offense

BW

Foetus In The Desert - Leftiez
Oct 2014 - Semi Stall

Monster - Reymedy
Oct 2014 - Offense

Divide And Conquer - Jirachee
July 2015 - Balance

REJECTED

None at the moment!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

Iguana

formerly mc56556
I would like to nominate Jirachee's Iconic RMT for consideration! This is a DPP OU Blissey offense team of great prominence. It represents and characterizes an important time in the metagame when Blissey was a top-tier force. Despite being a few years old, and covering a style the heyday of which likely had passed in the metagame by then, to this day this team is one of the most influential for my approach to DPP OU. Undoubtedly many others have felt this way as well.

I recommend Teclis's Timeless Adventure RMT. Since this was made, it has been one of the most successful and widely-used Cele+Milo+spikes-support set-up balances. It has been one of the less popular play styles since SPL XIII, but before then, this team was used by Thelinearcurve and McMeghan several times in tour, and we saw a few instances of the 6 around the time of CI5, including this Linear edit seen used by Gefaehrlicher Random in a rare win against ABR. This is the only popular SD Pass team of the past few years, and it's easily one of the best-made teams of its archetype. Especially with the Linear edit Teclis includes in a spoiler in the RMT, it has a good mu against the teams that usually limit the Cele Pass and Cele+Milo archetype (difficulty with breaking, poor Aero/Gengar mu), and I suspect this team will continue to see tour use with a few tweaks to sets for current meta. Especially since people have stopped building the Cele Milo archetype as a whole, this team which remains successful will likely to continue to be one of the best teams for a while to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)