SM OU RMT Hydreigon to the top

Hi! I've made a team based with Hydreigon Life Orb the set is come from UU, i need of your advice for how to do it for rising to OU. I would like with your advice you could help me for it to be to the top to be play a lot in this meta. I will use this team for rising Hydreigon to be recognized in OU, even if a little niche with the set Choice Specs anyway thank you in advance and more your advice.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EV: 252SpA/SpD 4/252 Spe
Timid Nature
IV: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

I choose Hydreigon with ground immunity who is interessing, he is a good mon to hit in Special Attack for me. With the life orb it a little wallbreaker who hit's still pretty much. Draco Meteor is his most Dragon STAB move destroying in 2HKO Rotom Wash without the Stealth Rock are not in the field. Despite that is very weak on Fairy coverage i put Flash Cannon for him to put the medium damage on Clefable or Tapu Lele if not have the scarf that they can be 2HKO with the Life Orb because it's not the best move, but he have 50% chance OHKO Mamoswine with this move. Fire Blast is a great move against Steel Type likes Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory execpt Celesteela have do 2HKO on Fire Blast it must make sense a critical hit for 87.5% for the OHKO. and the secondary STAB move Dark Pulse can flinch when the SR are placed he can OHKO a Defensive Mew.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EV: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
-Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn

Defensive Landorus-Therian is a good core with Hydreigon once he has placed the Stealth Rock, Hydreigon can to put some mon's who has trouble passing to the KO. With Earthquake his ground STAB give a massive damage on Heatran, well he have also a good immunity ground for Tapu Koko in my team. I choose Hidden Power Ice for check the ground type likes Zygarde, Garchomp,... and U-Turn is a great move for switch on some mon's that Landorus-Therian have very trouble for tanking.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EV: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature
IV: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

When it was necessary a immunity on dragon type, I choose Tapu Koko with her 130 stat base on speed very exceptional but i put the Chocie Specs for it hit on the Special Attack. With his Ability Electric Surge the electrik move like Thunderbolt can destroying Toxapex, Tornadus-Therian, ect on electric terrain. Dazzling Gleam the secondary STAB on Fairy type make the massive damage on Dragon, Dark and Fighting. Hidden Power Ice is a great for taking out ground types, like Zygarde and the aforementioned Landorus-Therian. And Volt Switch is a good Volt Turn core with Defensive Landorus-Therian.

Mega Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal --> Technician
EV: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Roost

I needed a Mega Evolution on Steel type for to accompany well Hydreigon against to Fairy, so Mega Scizor is the best option for Setup sweeper. Swords Dance is his move for Setup at +2 on Physical Attack and can destroy Magic Guard Clefable with 37.5% chance with Bullet Punch grace the ability Technician. When it is HP are low i choose Roost for recove this HP and so that he stay on the terrain. U-Turn the sencodary Bug STAB is a great move for switch on some mon's that Mega Scizor have very trouble for tanking.

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EV: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- U-Turn

I choose Tornadus-Therian like Defoger of Entry Hazard, because i needed one for do not be poisoned massive damage on Toxic Spike, Stealth Rock,... Hurricane can give back a confusion with little, with the Z-Hurricane (Supersonic Skystrike) allow to pass 110 BP to 185 BP who can hurt some mon's.U-Turn is a great move for switch on some mon's that Tornadus-Therian have very trouble for tanking. And Heat Wave allow to hit the Steel Type.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
Ev: 248 HP/28 Atk/36 Def/52 SpD/144 Spe
Imipsh Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Maddness

My Last pokemon is Tapu Bulu Assault Vest, i put Impish nature for tanking the Ice Punch of Mega Swampert. i had choosed Horn Leech for hit and recoved the HP with Grass STAB, and Secondary Move STAB Wood Hammer give Heavy Damage but he take of the damage recoil after having hit. Superpower allow to pass Tyranitar but after he lose -1 on Physical Attack and -1 Physical Defense. Nature's Mandess bring his oppenent to 50% HP in order to put within range of kill with Wood Hammer.

Thank you having seen and read this post here is a importable of my team.
Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 36 Def / 52 SpD / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Hey Skuntank3800, that's a pretty cool teamyou've got there! However, it's still got some flaws and I'd start by saying that Hydreigon isn't a really good pokemon in this metagame and will generally be outclassed by M-Latios and Greninja because they're faster, and apply much more offensive pressure while also providing some utility in Spikes for Greninja and M-Latios' natural bulk. Hydreigon won't do much against a well built balance team, which isn't the case of Greninja and M-Latios. Moving on, I think your team is really weak to Fire-types like Heatran, Charizard X & Y as well as Volcarona to which you haven't got a solid switchin. M-Scizor & M-Mawile are also two mons that are really hard to stop after some boosts. M-Scizor is kind of manageable since you have Heat Wave Torn-T (still be aware tho) but M-Mawile is a lot more threatening and doesn't necessarily need to set-up to damage your team. Overall, your team is gonna struggle against balance the most, as you haven't got any means of breaking it reliably Here are my suggestions:

->
- As I said above, Hydreigon really isn't a good mon in this meta and one that I'd rather not run on a team. Greninja is a superior option that provides you more offensive presence and utility in spikes. It can help you to maintain pressure on pokemons that threaten you such as Heatran, M-Latios, Tornadus-T among others. The set I'm suggesting is the Protean wallbreaker with Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Gunk Shot | Spikes with Waterium Z as an item.

->
- Tapu Koko isn't a bad pokemon but I just feel that this team doesn't have the space to run it. Although Koko provides you a solid Flying-types check and wallbreaker / cleaner, some weaknesses your team has such as M-Mawile, Psychic-types and Fire-types need to be covered and Tapu Koko doesn't do so. This is why I feel Heatran would fit better in your team as it covers all of these issues and provides you a solid special wall and rocker. The set I'm suggesting is is the Spdef one with Lava Plume | Earth Power | Taunt or Toxic | Stealth Rock along with a 252 HP / 100 SpD / 156 Spe Calm spread. Personally, I prefer Toxic on it to cripple Gastrodon but Taunt is also an option.

: Since you've already got a rocker in Heatran, I think running a Choice Scarf set on it would be better for speed control. It gives you something that can revenge kill faster mon while still being able to switch-in on physical attackers to an extent. The set I'm proposing is the classic Earthquake | HP Ice | U-turn | Rock Slide with a 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe spread which outspeed M-Alakazam and isn't 2HKOed by Kartana's Leaf Blade after rocks.

: AV Bulu is a set that really fell off over the past few months and since you've got a solid switch-in to special attackers in Heatran, you can afford to run SD Bulu in order to have another dangerous wincon that works very well with the rest of your team, improving your matchup against Ground-types drastically for example. It's also still able to switch-in on special attackers like Koko, Gren and Lele (to an extent). The set I'm suggesting is Swords Dance | Horn Leech | Superpower | Synthesis along with a 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe Careful spread.

: Finally, some minor tweaks on Tornadus-T. I'd suggest you Rocky Helmet over Flyinium Z on it sicne you've already got a Z Move in Greninja and it helps crippling pokemons like Landorus-T and Kartana. Also, running a Hurricane | Knock Off | Taunt | Defog set is probably better here. Taunt improves your mu vs balance / fatter teams a bit, by crippling mons like Gastrodon, Celesteela, M-Latias and Reunivlus among others.

Importable

So that's all for my rate. The team's of course not perfect since you're still pretty weak to Heatran and Protean Greninja but they're both manageable. You'll just need to play a bit more aggressively and maintain hazards & momentum in those mus. Hope I helped and good luck! n_n

->
- As I said above, Hydreigon really isn't a good mon in this meta and one that I'd rather not run on a team. Greninja is a superior option that provides you more offensive presence and utility in spikes. It can help you to maintain pressure on pokemons that threaten you such as Heatran, M-Latios, Tornadus-T among others. The set I'm suggesting is the Protean wallbreaker with Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Gunk Shot | Spikes with Waterium Z as an item.
Thank you for the advice. I found something to pass Clefable i think that i do not need Greninja i put the Steelium Z for surprising Clefable beacause i made a calculation here is the damage on Clefable with Corkscrew Crash.

252 SpA Hydreigon Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 370-436 (93.9 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

edit: I put you a like still for help me ;)

Sorry for double post. I know that Greninja is very fast and top tier but i prefered try Hydreigon with Steelium Z, because i saw it had 62.5% to kill Clefable and more i test too the set that it may surprise, but who are not recognized for playing so i'm doing team gimmick and i know that i do not play top tier but it remais honorable mentions.

Moin Skuntank3800! Pretty interesting team you have there. I like the idea of using Hydreigon and unlike MFJr King I don't think Hydreigon is bad per se, which is why this rate is mainly going to focus on keeping it. However, I do think the team is somewhat flawed and needs some improvements. What I will doing in this rate is name the general flaws of the team, name some threats that might or might not result out of the flaws of the team, and, lastly, cover the flaws and threats mentioned. So without further ado, let's get started!

Overview:
As already said in the intro, I actually somewhat like some Hydreigon sets and do think it has its place in the OU tier. However, a Hydreigon set without any recovery is bad right now, to be honest. The team also has no speed control, which is needed on every Bulky Offense to outspeed Pokémon like Mega-Lopunny or Mega-Alakazam. In general I think the team looks a tad too repetetive typing wise, which leaves you open to
types. I also think that having one Pokémon with a reliable recovery option is just not enough to cover most of the common threats in the tier. I do think the team has potential to be good, though, and I in most sets in Pokémon I do see where you're coming from.
What is your team weak to?
:
Heatran is probably the most glaring weakness if we are talking about single Pokémon. The main reason for the weakness is the hydreigon set. Now, you do have a
resist in Hydreigon, but how reliable is it without Roost? Well, it's not. You get 3HKO'd by Magma Storm's base and residual damage altogether and that I wouldn't really call a switch-in. But aside from Hydreigon your
resist is just not existant so this needs to be covered for sure.
: I'm using Chansey as a stall icon here. I honestly don't see what's supposed to be the breaker here. It's getting to the point where the core of two Pokémon (Zapdos + Chansey), that don't even have to be on stall 100% of the time, just wins the game. Now, there are a few options to add a breaker here, and I'm just going to pick the one that changes the least of your team's dynamic.
: I wouldn't say that the standard set of Mega-Alakazam beats the team, but once you face one with Hidden Power
I think that's when you're going to get in some trouble. If Dazzling Gleam is also being run to catch Hydreigon off-guard, I think this thing will turn into a nightmare for you, mainly because, again, your only reliable recovery option is Mega-Scizor. Also, the fact that you don't have a speed control on your team doesn't make the match-up against it easier either.
: Tyranitar isn't necessarily to be seen as a weakness, but rather as a nuisance as, once it comes in for free, it heavily pressures your team. The team does have the tools to work around it, tough, so it heavily depends on how you play around it. What I would personally do is to either add a lure to Tyranitar, or just bring more Pokémon that either get momentum or just outright beat it.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
:
I wouldn't say Tapu Koko is a bad Pokémon, because it isn't. However, I feel like Tapu Koko doesn't really fit on this team as it opens up too many holes as opposed to patching them. Clefable on the other hand gives you an additional Stealth Rock option that can also Wish-Pass into other Pokémon that may lack any form of recovery. Now, you might lose a momentum gainer, but we can surely make up for that, so it's not that big of a deal.
Minor Changes:
>
(
):
To start off the minor changes, I came up with a set that I have already tried before and grown to very much like the set: Groundium Z Hydreigon. This set's job is to lure in Tyranitar with the Groundium Z that does about 70-80, depending on rolls. Additionally I removed Fire Blast for the sole purpose of adding Roost to Hydreigon, whose job of checking Heatran gets covered now. I would suggest you give this set a shot and tell me how it does. The full set is therefore going to be Draco Meteor|Dark Pulse|Roost|Earth Power.
>
(
):
The second change's purpose is to add a speed control onto the team that also outspeeds Mega-Alakazam to act as a semi-measure against it. I also feel like defensive Landorus-Therian is pretty subpar compared to its other sets right now, so that's another reason why I went with this change. Since we already have a remover in Tornadus-Therian, we don't need Defog on Landorus-Therian, which is why the four attacks set of Earthquake|U-Turn|Stone Edge|Hidden Power [Ice] sounds the most plausible to me. This Landorus-Therian is running the standard Bulky Scarf spread.
>
(
):
Since we already have a Z-Move user in Hydreigon, we must replace Tornadus-Therian's item somehow. I do agree with MFJr King here that Rocky Helmet might be the best option just to cripple stuff like Kartana or Mega-Scizor. However, since this team doesn't contain a Heatran I would suggest to keep Heat Wave but I would also suggest to change U-Turn to Knock Off for fatter match-ups. That's why the full set is going to be Hurricane|Heat Wave|Defog|Knock Off with a 248 HP|8 Def|252 Spe Timid spread.
>
(
):
The last change is supposed to cover the stall weakness a bit. Again, I would have to agree with MFJr King here that changing Tapu Bulu's set would be the least team-changing option here. The spread, I wanted to point out, is particularly nice here as it turns Zapdos into set-up bait while still being able to check what it's supposed to like Zygarde or Landorus-Therian. The set is therefore going to be Horn Leech|Swords Dance|Superpower|Synthesis with the spread of 224 HP|216 SpD|68 Spe Careful.
Conclusion:
All in all I have to say, I'm satisfied with the end product and I do think that the team could for sure work. The team you shared with us before definitely had some potential and I tried to polish the team to its gleam, basically. Anyway, I wouldn't call this team perfect, however, since it does have a weakness against the likes of Mega-Pinsir, Kingdra, and Hidden Power [Fire] Mega Latios. If you have any additional questions or criticism concerning this rate, I highly encourage you to tell me! Also, it'd be nice to keep me updated on how the team was doing for you. Wit all of that being said, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and have fun with the team!
Resources and Calculations:
252 SpA Hydreigon Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 248-292 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Moin Skuntank3800! Pretty interesting team you have there. I like the idea of using Hydreigon and unlike MFJr King I don't think Hydreigon is bad per se, which is why this rate is mainly going to focus on keeping it. However, I do think the team is somewhat flawed and needs some improvements. What I will doing in this rate is name the general flaws of the team, name some threats that might or might not result out of the flaws of the team, and, lastly, cover the flaws and threats mentioned. So without further ado, let's get started!

Overview:
As already said in the intro, I actually somewhat like some Hydreigon sets and do think it has its place in the OU tier. However, a Hydreigon set without any recovery is bad right now, to be honest. The team also has no speed control, which is needed on every Bulky Offense to outspeed Pokémon like Mega-Lopunny or Mega-Alakazam. In general I think the team looks a tad too repetetive typing wise, which leaves you open to
types. I also think that having one Pokémon with a reliable recovery option is just not enough to cover most of the common threats in the tier. I do think the team has potential to be good, though, and I in most sets in Pokémon I do see where you're coming from.
What is your team weak to?
:
Heatran is probably the most glaring weakness if we are talking about single Pokémon. The main reason for the weakness is the hydreigon set. Now, you do have a
resist in Hydreigon, but how reliable is it without Roost? Well, it's not. You get 3HKO'd by Magma Storm's base and residual damage altogether and that I wouldn't really call a switch-in. But aside from Hydreigon your
resist is just not existant so this needs to be covered for sure.
: I'm using Chansey as a stall icon here. I honestly don't see what's supposed to be the breaker here. It's getting to the point where the core of two Pokémon (Zapdos + Chansey), that don't even have to be on stall 100% of the time, just wins the game. Now, there are a few options to add a breaker here, and I'm just going to pick the one that changes the least of your team's dynamic.
: I wouldn't say that the standard set of Mega-Alakazam beats the team, but once you face one with Hidden Power
I think that's when you're going to get in some trouble. If Dazzling Gleam is also being run to catch Hydreigon off-guard, I think this thing will turn into a nightmare for you, mainly because, again, your only reliable recovery option is Mega-Scizor. Also, the fact that you don't have a speed control on your team doesn't make the match-up against it easier either.
: Tyranitar isn't necessarily to be seen as a weakness, but rather as a nuisance as, once it comes in for free, it heavily pressures your team. The team does have the tools to work around it, tough, so it heavily depends on how you play around it. What I would personally do is to either add a lure to Tyranitar, or just bring more Pokémon that either get momentum or just outright beat it.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
:
I wouldn't say Tapu Koko is a bad Pokémon, because it isn't. However, I feel like Tapu Koko doesn't really fit on this team as it opens up too many holes as opposed to patching them. Clefable on the other hand gives you an additional Stealth Rock option that can also Wish-Pass into other Pokémon that may lack any form of recovery. Now, you might lose a momentum gainer, but we can surely make up for that, so it's not that big of a deal.
Minor Changes:
>
(
):
To start off the minor changes, I came up with a set that I have already tried before and grown to very much like the set: Groundium Z Hydreigon. This set's job is to lure in Tyranitar with the Groundium Z that does about 70-80, depending on rolls. Additionally I removed Fire Blast for the sole purpose of adding Roost to Hydreigon, whose job of checking Heatran gets covered now. I would suggest you give this set a shot and tell me how it does. The full set is therefore going to be Draco Meteor|Dark Pulse|Roost|Earth Power.
>
(
):
The second change's purpose is to add a speed control onto the team that also outspeeds Mega-Alakazam to act as a semi-measure against it. I also feel like defensive Landorus-Therian is pretty subpar compared to its other sets right now, so that's another reason why I went with this change. Since we already have a remover in Tornadus-Therian, we don't need Defog on Landorus-Therian, which is why the four attacks set of Earthquake|U-Turn|Stone Edge|Hidden Power [Ice] sounds the most plausible to me. This Landorus-Therian is running the standard Bulky Scarf spread.
>
(
):
Since we already have a Z-Move user in Hydreigon, we must replace Tornadus-Therian's item somehow. I do agree with MFJr King here that Rocky Helmet might be the best option just to cripple stuff like Kartana or Mega-Scizor. However, since this team doesn't contain a Heatran I would suggest to keep Heat Wave but I would also suggest to change U-Turn to Knock Off for fatter match-ups. That's why the full set is going to be Hurricane|Heat Wave|Defog|Knock Off with a 248 HP|8 Def|252 Spe Timid spread.
>
(
):
The last change is supposed to cover the stall weakness a bit. Again, I would have to agree with MFJr King here that changing Tapu Bulu's set would be the least team-changing option here. The spread, I wanted to point out, is particularly nice here as it turns Zapdos into set-up bait while still being able to check what it's supposed to like Zygarde or Landorus-Therian. The set is therefore going to be Horn Leech|Swords Dance|Superpower|Synthesis with the spread of 224 HP|216 SpD|68 Spe Careful.
Conclusion:
All in all I have to say, I'm satisfied with the end product and I do think that the team could for sure work. The team you shared with us before definitely had some potential and I tried to polish the team to its gleam, basically. Anyway, I wouldn't call this team perfect, however, since it does have a weakness against the likes of Mega-Pinsir, Kingdra, and Hidden Power [Fire] Mega Latios. If you have any additional questions or criticism concerning this rate, I highly encourage you to tell me! Also, it'd be nice to keep me updated on how the team was doing for you. Wit all of that being said, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and have fun with the team!

Resources and Calculations:
252 SpA Hydreigon Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 248-292 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This team is very nice. ^_^ I used it work well with this core Hydreigon + Clefable any in case thank for your advice patlop2307. I hope I'll go back quickly in the ladder i'll go see that the site after that you gave me it could help me. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)