Battle Spot RMT Non-Legendary Uber Team

I built this team specifically to battle my friends, and we have disallowed legendaries and repeat items. That said, non-legendary ubers are fair game. I have about an 80% winrate on PokemonShowdown with this squad, although I auto-forefit any team with 5 or 6 legendaries (for more realistic practice). I am mostly interested on feedback on movesets and items, although any feedback is welcomed.

upload_2016-8-9_16-30-38.png

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

I chose Aerodactyl as my suicide lead. I wanted a lead pokemon that was fast and could learn both Taunt and Stealth Rock, and Aerodactyl fit the description. I chose focus sash for him to guarantee a successful stealth rock. I went Stone Edge for a STAB offensive move, but have struggled with the fourth move. I have tried defog, roost, and earthquake, and have decided on Earthquake. I found myself never using Defog or Roost in battle.

upload_2016-8-9_16-31-4.png

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

I'm using Gardevoir as my mega because of his great sweeping ability as a special attacker, as well as his fairy typing for defensive purposes. I'm not sold on Psychock, but I've been sticking with it in case I face a special wall. Hyper Voice is an obvious choice, and I chose focus blast for type coverage. I opted for energy ball over calm mind because I'm not using an electric type and I wanted type coverage vs water.

upload_2016-8-9_16-31-33.png

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Blaziken is a flat out monster with this setup. I have tampered with baton pass, but I feel that Blaziken's sweeping potential is so good that I have trouble switching away from him. My only struggle is using swords dance/protect at the wrong time (incorrectly predicting switches), and I'm not in love with the harsh recoil on flare blitz, but in general the moveset is optimal.

upload_2016-8-9_16-31-57.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Wish

Clefable is my "wall", although I've swept nearly as many teams with it than I have any of my other pokemon. Calm Mind along with Clefable's great special moveset is amazing, and leftovers combined with Wish bring great survivability. Pure fairy typing is also an amazing defensive typing, and is a great asset considering the popularity of dragons.

upload_2016-8-9_16-32-32.png

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Although smogon recommends that Greninja is used as a suicide lead, I've found more success with it as a sweeper. I have used both Surf and Hydro Pump, and am not completely sold on one or the other. I also chose expert belt because I wasn't sure what else I could use (remember I can't use repeat items). Grass Knot is for type coverage against water types due to my lack of electric pokemon.

upload_2016-8-9_16-33-1.png

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is my last physical sweeper. I am running swords dance, although I don't successfully use it often due to his ability to be OHKO'd. I like the rocky helmet/rough skin combo, as it sometimes serves as the difference between a KO and not.

I have a lot of practice with this team and I really like it a lot, but I'm hoping for some last-minute feedback that can help me work out the kinks. Please let me know what you think of my team and bring me come criticism! Thank you!

I don't see many flaws with this especially since it is just for friendly battles and isn't made to be super competitive.
I could see stealth rocks on garchomp instead of swords dance/stone edge. Just something you might want to try out

this is BSS right, not Ubers?

Aerodactyl tiny thing but you might as well use Pressure fer low PP moves and some benefits in general.

Clefable looks good, tho Wish isn't too great in BSS. Moonlight is more reliable.

Greninja looks mostly good, but it likes LO for more power. The HP loss isn't too bad cuz it has very low bulk. Also the mixed set with Gunk Shot and some atk to ohko standard Azu is werth a thot, Azu bothers you. Especially cuz yer using MG and not Unaware Clef.

Garchomp you want a different item. Tho with that set choice doesn't werk and Sash is taken by a mon that wants it more. Maybe Yache berry or Lum. You cood keep Helmet but it's just akward with no bulk investment imo. I think I saw a set fer Helmet Chomp with a little less atk, not sure how much tho.

Umm...usually have more but this seems pretty straightforward. I don't really have anything else. I'm maybe a little suspicious of BD Azu without any support to help set up, but that's still perfectly viable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)