SM OU RMT Rain Team

Been testing out a rain team in OU. I've had mild success with it but was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve my team. Here it is:

Pelliper: Bold 248 HP, 32 DEF, 228 SPD
Item: Damp Rock
Moves: Scald, Hurricane, Roost, U-Turn

This one is required for my rain team to work. I originally had defog on him but its a little too hard to use on him and I always end up losing him before I'm able to use it so instead I use Hurricane to deal with the likes of Keldeo, Tangrowth, and other potential Pokemon that could give him trouble.

Mega Swampert: Adamant 252 ATK, 4 DEF, 252 SPE,
Moves: Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Superpower

A common staple on rain teams and it has been a very effective addition.

Tapu Koko: Timid 252 SP. ATK, 4 SPD, 252 SPE
Item: Zap Plate
Moves: Thunder, U-turn, taunt, defog

Rather than going for straight out offense I tried something a little different. This one goes for more support with defog and spams the insanely powerful thunder for damage. Most people are caught off guard by taunt which gives me the chance to U-turn for momentum or hit hard with thunder. Plus not only does defog allow him to remove pesky rocks for pelliper but also has the added bonus of helping thunder be more accurate.

Ferrothorn: Careful 252 HP, 48 DEF, 208 SPD.
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Power Whip, Knock Off

Also very effective teammate. Taking half fire type damage in rain is nice but it's usually not enough to survive. Usually, I have him setup rocks when I can and utilize knock off for utility and power whip for potential opposing water types that might try to take advantage of the rain.

Tornadus-T Naive: 4 ATK, 252 SP. ATK, 252 SPE
Item Life Orb
Moves: Hurricane, Superpower, U-Turn, Taunt

Qwilfish: 252 ATK, 4 SPD, 252 SPE
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Swords Dance, Liquidation, Poison Jab, Explosion

The last two members of my team are the ones I am most unsure about. I'm unsure as to whether or not they are good choices or if there are other Pokemon that would be better suited for my team. Could use some help in this part of my team.

E-Seed Hawlucha is always a great partner with Koko. Scarf Kartana is also a great late game cleaner in the event that your main sweepers faint early on. If you're not a fan of those two, you can't go wrong with Specs Ash-Gren in the rain spamming his water stab...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)