RU Analyses Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread's purpose is to provide a way for users to suggest changes or improvements to any currently uploaded RU analyses that will be seen in a public forum.

Do not make trivial posts lacking content. This thread is only for important analysis discussion and isn't the place for anything else, and as such, it will be heavily moderated in the case of irrelevant posts.

Can corrosion be slashed as salazzle's ability? Basically what it does is mean that p2 traces corrosion instead of oblivious, thus meaning salazzle can taunt it to prevent it from twaving and recovering. Should mention that it should only be run with taunt, and hp ice variants prefer oblivious

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Gligar, Chesnaught, Zoroark and Donphan's analyses have mentions of Nidoqueen. I assume these were older uploads (i.e prior to Queen rising). Donphan's analysis only mentions Nidoqueen in checks and counters fyi

why does the comfey analysis say that the best nature for it is bold? i'm sure everyone can agree that modest is by far the superior nature
Calm Mind users like Comfey normally prefer having a bold nature so they aren't as easily taken out by physical attacks while they're setting up, especially considering some of the mons it's meant to check, like Hera, Kommo-o and Honchkrow are powerful physical attackers in the tier.

modest comfey is the only comfey,,,

0 SpA Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sharpedo: 186-222 (66.1 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 244-292 (73.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Flygon: 110-132 (36.5 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 0 SpA Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 84-98 (21.3 - 24.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Pixie Plate Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sharpedo: 320-380 (113.8 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Pixie Plate Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Flygon: 284-336 (94.3 - 111.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Pixie Plate Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 420-496 (126.5 - 149.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Pixie Plate Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 144-170 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- 98.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery - relevant due to it's stallbreaking

i'm sure a lot of people agree w me on this but i'm probaby not the most qualified to be speaking about this, but modest comfey is definitely the best set

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
modest comfey is the only comfey,,,

0 SpA Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sharpedo: 186-222 (66.1 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 244-292 (73.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Flygon: 110-132 (36.5 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 0 SpA Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 84-98 (21.3 - 24.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Pixie Plate Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sharpedo: 320-380 (113.8 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Pixie Plate Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Flygon: 284-336 (94.3 - 111.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Pixie Plate Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 420-496 (126.5 - 149.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Pixie Plate Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 144-170 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- 98.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery - relevant due to it's stallbreaking

i'm sure a lot of people agree w me on this but i'm probaby not the most qualified to be speaking about this, but modest comfey is definitely the best set
You're right, it's just that this analysis was written very long ago, when the defensive set was superior. This will probably get a revamp sometime later, but don't sweat it. Offensive pixie plate is definitely better now, though.

teachable

Banned deucer.
I have recently been getting back into RU and i was reading analysis, I saw a lot of outdated stuff here's some i wna point out for mentions to get removed.

Edit: not going to do multiple posts since it clogs up the thread a lot https://pastebin.com/i8X4J1jY here's all the changes, was gna post this on smogon that's why theres smogon code there.
we're doing reworks on most of these mons, so dw too much.

Personally I feel the Donphan analysis needs to be reworded. I think the set itself is fine, but it's overall a poor Pokemon in RU, and the analysis makes out that it's good. Probably why it has way higher usage than it realistically should. Also, I feel that Stealth Rock should be slashed on that set, as access to both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin is basically Donphan's only niche.

Last edited:
Cross-linking my post in the OU analysis discussion thread:
An observation a friend pointed out to me something regarding the 248 HP investment on several Pokemons, like Zapdos and Toxapex who carry lefties:
They would reach 384 and 304 HP respectively with 252 HP investment instead, which is a lefties number. So despite taking 1 point more of damage from SR, they will end up healing 1 more point at the end of the turn with lefties, hence being more efficient.

This applies to every other Pokemon with a base stat of (8n + 2)
I'm not very familiar with the RU metagame so I'm not sure which RU viable Pokemons fall in this category, but defensive Moltres is one of those with a RU analysis onsite which has 248 HP where 252 HP is actually more efficient.
Pretty sure the team is able to identify the other Pokemons which have HP stats falling in this category and make the necessary adjustments

Edit: Also, in the Moltres context particularly, if Sub is used, 252 HP should always be used because 4 turns of lefties = 1 extra sub.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
Cross-linking my post in the OU analysis discussion thread:

I'm not very familiar with the RU metagame so I'm not sure which RU viable Pokemons fall in this category, but defensive Moltres is one of those with a RU analysis onsite which has 248 HP where 252 HP is actually more efficient.
Pretty sure the team is able to identify the other Pokemons which have HP stats falling in this category and make the necessary adjustments
I guess it matters whether those Pokemon are more likely to get knocked or not, I'll try to take a look through some of our analyses at some point.

It's just to point out here that there are some mons of the sub-tiers who are not on reservation (of course those who are present in the VRs): Golem-Alola, Vaporeon, Xatu, Smeargle, Houndoom, Torterra, Uxie, Whimsicott, Vanilluxe, Klinklang, Delphox, Vikavolt and Passimian. There are two other complicated cases:
• the unviable Dhelmise, who could remain in RU for a long time and who, like Jolteon, should have his analysis sooner or later;
• the unviable Exploud, the only NUBL that has no analysis (only a moveset in NU) and who is in the same situation as M-Camerupt (but this last is analyzed). Same for Cofagrigus.
On the contrary, there are two unviable mons of the sub-tiers but with a moveset: Sableye, Heliolisk and Dhelmise (I guess you have to delete them).

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Tyrantrum's analysis has a random "#1" at the end of the team options for Choice Band

Blastoise has 4 extra EVs. I'm not sure if you have to lower HP or not for the calc to be true but I'm sure someone can just calc it

roman

Banned deucer.
Made a list of the QC ID numbers (and common GP ID numbers as well!) while adding credits to the onsite analyses via cms, leaving them here to make it easier for anyone adding credits into their analysis!

RU QC MEMBERS

[teachable, 242277]
[avocado, 56549]
[phantom, 180300]
[Rakan, 45152]
[Arifeen, 231398]
[MrAldo, 227521]
[col49, 105625]
[roman, 396169]
[Eternally, 295647]

ACTIVE GP MEMBERS

[The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216]
[CryoGyro, 331519]
[lotiasite, 302985]
[GatoDelFuego, 91628]
[Mr. Uncompetitive, 145317]
[A Cake Wearing A Hat, 388157]
[Rakan, 45152]
[Kris, 241023]
[frenzyplant, 185509]
[Eyan, 226777]
[P Squared, 168392]
[Fireflame479, 231476]
[martha, 384270]
[Wob, 343119]
[Calm Pokemaster, 42777]
[Lemonade, 67440]
[Haund, 193885]
[Eyan, 226777]
[allstarapology, 400292]

Also, here's the format for credits if anyone's still in the dark about it:

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>], [<username3>, <userid3>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <username2>]]

Last edited:
On another note:

Grass-types: Grass-types such as Chesnaught, Shaymin, Mega Abomasnow, Dhelmise, and Virizion are all able to switch into Thousand Arrows and threaten Zygarde-10% out with their own STAB attacks. However, besides Chesnaught, Zygarde-10% is able to at least 2HKO every aforementioned threat with Outrage and can use Toxic to poison switch-ins that Outrage cannot handle. Be mindful that threats such as Mega Abomasnow can still revenge kill Zygarde-10% with Ice Shard, however, if it is indeed locked into Outrage.

Zydog's analysis mentions a Pokemon that is unviable. I'm not sure what to replace it with though. Tsareena I guess? I mean, that thing's like C+ but it's still usable in RU unlike Dhelmise AND it's immune to E-Speed to boot.

Edit: Zoroark mentions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)