Tournament RU World Cup - FINALS [Won by Europe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

• Matches should be played on PS Main server on smogtours
  • Schedule your matches please, reserve the right of calling an activity or dead game based on this
  • PLEASE POST REPLAYS, MANDATORY BTW (There is a replay thread now so...)

FINALS:

Asia + Rest of the World(1) vs (5)Europe

SM: yjh971203 vs Pearl
SM: Eternally vs Welli0u
SM: Averardo vs TonyFlygon
SM: trace vs Pohjis
ORAS: Arifeen vs Santu
ORAS: J0RIS vs We Three Kings
BW: Chill Shadow vs Void
BW: Aeroblacktyl vs Kushalos

The most consistent team of the tournament vs the team with the most impressive comeback Ive seen in terms of RU Team Tours. Who will be crowned with the first RUWC victory?! Soon, we will know.

Deadline is gonna be Sunday 17th at 11:59 PM GMT -5

May the best team win, and congrats for being incredible teams and reaching this far. Have fun!

Last edited:

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Baseless predictions coming in

yjh971203 vs Pearl : Pearl won Grand Slam, so obviously this heavily factors in here. yjh makes me contemplate the meaning of life far too often for my liking but if that bamboozles Pearl that could give them an edge
Eternally vs Welli0u : Eternally is slightly better but well has proven willing to put in 100 turns of Slowbro / Regi in this tour which is a serious commitment
Averardo vs TonyFlygon : Tony's fallen victim to the RU Room wonderkids before, and that's one that won't be ruffled by the byzantine scheduling he'll face
trace vs Pohjis : OMG RIBBONSYNDROME
Arifeen vs Santu : Feen will pull up with a Kushalos squad and get it done for style points, watch. Also someone please bring a Glalie counter this has been very maddening this tour
J0RIS vs We Three Kings : This game is the most likely to devolve into fifty turns of Venusaur action, so the loser is definitely gonna be the spectator
Chill Shadow vs Void : CS actually has a point to prove in that tier in 2019, which I find commendable
Aeroblacktyl vs Kushalos : clutchalos does it again

hf yall

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
SM: yjh971203 vs Pearl
SM: Eternally vs Welli0u - this one will be good
SM: Averardo vs TonyFlygon - :blobwizard:
SM: trace vs Pohjis
ORAS: Arifeen vs Santu - well at least Arifeen will know which last Pokemon his opponent will have when he loses in this generation
ORAS: J0RIS vs We Three Kings - bolt beam duosion?
BW: Chill Shadow vs Void - no osgoode teams to ruin his chances here :psywoke:
BW: Aeroblacktyl vs Kushalos - predict this one not to be played or to be played with someone over MoP

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
SM: yjh971203 vs Pearl - i don't know much about either in ru, but i think pearl is stronger as far as lower tiers go
SM: Eternally vs Welli0u - well's solid, but i haven't been overly impressed with his play/team choice, and eternally has def put more time into the tier. edge based mostly on meta knowledge/experience
SM: Averardo vs TonyFlygon - i don't know if tony's handsome ways will help him vs a tryhard main looking to prove himself. p strong edge here
SM: trace vs Pohjis - better overall player. if pohjis bring a solid team i don't see him losing barring heavy rng
ORAS: Arifeen vs Santu - santu is unironically flame, and the -rutl's oras play leaves a lot to be desired
ORAS: J0RIS vs We Three Kings - w3k does not play this tier lol
BW: Chill Shadow vs Void - cs cares about bw ru and this tour in general more than legit anyone else, and void prolly couldn't give 2 shits
BW: Aeroblacktyl vs Kushalos - chef.

thank god this tour is almost over, free rupl

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And that concludes this pet project, congrats Europe on an outstanding comeback and showcase in playoffs. Very nicely done. Let me know if you guys a custom role in RU Discord or something.

I have nothing more to say other than being thankful for everyone getting involved in this tournament. Many have involvements in spl and still managed to take some time to play for this and get things done and prep. Thank you everbody, every single team, for making this possible. My eternal gratitude, this was such a success it is certain to return... with some overhauls to not make it as lengthy ofc. Be blessed everyone, and take care.

Cya around for RUPL!

Ricardo

Banned deucer.
Can't believe we won this tour after such a bad start LMAO.

It was fun to play something other than ou for a change, ru has some pretty cool mons and strategies that i really appreciated and had fun trying. The change of pace is something that felt really refreshing and might have opened me to try lower tiers to find out what more cool shit there is to explore in mons.

Team europe i love you guys so fucking much, i dont like team tours but you guys always manage to make me love every second of it. The usual europe team with people like void, tony, pohjis, pearl, zoro, lasse, KUSHALOS make me so happy to be friends with and making new friendships by moments such as trash talking leru or gassing welliou like mad are things that keep me in this game. I really wish i could play the actual world cup with you guys just to enjoy more of these unforgettable moments.

You guys are the best for giving me so many good moments in a unofficial ru tour lmao.

Also shoutouts CLUTCHALOS for memeing me into victory LOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)